• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
Of course like most people I want people like Tom Nook, and all the other characters that people want like megaman, but I definitely think they need to expand sonic, they should add tails, knuckles, robotnik, and amy, but the reason I am posting is because there should be NO SHADOW. Shadow was not invented till freakin' gamecube, he is not at all a classic sega or nintendo character, he is some modern reincarnation of a sonic villain which is stupid, he is not classic and would suck in brawl. It is simply a stupid idea. Other good sonic characters would be big the cat, antoine d'coolette (he gots a sword), and bunny rabbot who is half robot. The characters final smashes could be just like the ideo games, tails had flying pirhanas that circled him and ate anyone near him, and knuckles turned into hyper knuckles and was hot pink. Robotnik could get into one of his pimped out robots. Just my ideas.
Knuckles and Tails I approve of.
Amy had no gameplay element besides harassing sonic with love until Dreamcast.
Big has...a fishing pole.
Bunny is a SatAM character, not a game character.
Tails had Yellow Flickies surrounding him(I assume you mean the S3&K S/H Tails)
Knuckles' Hyper form was just a glorified Invincibility. Make his Final smash energy extensions of his punches, or some sort of unlimited flying/gliding mode.
Robotnik is pretty versatile. He'd make a decent reoccurring/multiform enemy.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
We don't need more reps from one 3rd party game. Sonic has too much to offer and everyone would compplain. Some want tails, others knuckles, others shadow. If you added another character people would be WTF! how did they get in before ____.

I think we should just get the main characters of 3rd party games. That means sonic, snake, megaman, and possibly bomberman( hudson has a lot of history with nintendo). That gives us 4 3rd party reps and it doesn't dominate the roster like if we had 20 sonic characters.

Also, it's not that animal crosser can't fight, it's that he shouldn't. Why do you want to force an innocent civilian into a fight with swords, grenades, and overpowered punches.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Drag0nscythe's skills strike again. That's why I'm a fan. :laugh:

That Ridley resize is the BEST I have ever seen. The second best was pretty far back there...

Deffinatly better than the picture of Ridley taking up an internet browser window on the smashbros website...

EDIT: SSB turns 10 on the 6th...just thought I'd share that.
Thanks,

For your kind words, I post an update of some sorts. I combined the two images together shown before into on image, but I also made another with Ridley being slightly bigger. (Mainly because most believe he should be slightly bigger.

Original

New

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Also, it's not that animal crosser can't fight, it's that he shouldn't. Why do you want to force an innocent civilian into a fight with swords, grenades, and overpowered punches.
By the way, I'm supporting a character from Animal Crossing, not just Animal Crosser. The situation is similar to Ridley. We have the games and the popularity, but we also have people saying "Ridley's too big" or "AC characters can't fight." And, again, Smash is not meant to be canon!

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I didn't say they can't fight. I bet there are thousands of possibilities. And captain falcon never fought but he still has a good moveset.

I'm just saying that why are we putting in a character who is part of a sheltered community, and putting them in a game to fight to the death. I think it wouldn't end up very well. It's not that sakurai doesn't think the characters can't fight, it's that they shouldn't.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
The thing is, Smash breaks boundaries. Right from the get-go, that's what the game is about. There's no way Mario would ever face off against a Pikachu, but there he is. We've got sizing changes on both extremes (Olimar, Bowser). We've got characters fighting who would never fight (Link vs. Zelda, anyone?) Add to that the characters who simply don't fight (Captain Falcon, the Ice Climbers), and we've broken quite a few boundaries already. The important thing to realize with the Animal Crosser is, if the poor guy suddenly found himself in the middle of a Smash Bros. fight, he wouldn't be helpless. He could put up a fight just as well as anyone else. But eh, in the end, it's still kind of an opinion. [/$0.02]

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Ice Climber is a somewhat violent game now? You climb a mountain to recover stolen vegetables. The only thing remotely violent about the game is that if you touch an enemy, you die. There's nothing resembling combat anywhere in the game.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well you DO swing a hammer and can - as far as I remember - beat enemies with it.

And Captain Falcon was shown in combat prior to Smash Bros., even if only in a comic strip and not with anything of what he does in his moveset.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
That could be. It's been a while since I played. I had thought it was only for breaking through the ceiling to get to the next level, but on second thought, I think you can beat enemies with it.

Dang, my statement just lost a lot of weight.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
In the Japanese version you clubbed baby seals but that's irrelevant. I agree with an AC character but I think it should be Tom Nook just cause I think he's more of a mascot than the generic guy/gal.

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
The thing is, Smash breaks boundaries. Right from the get-go, that's what the game is about. There's no way Mario would ever face off against a Pikachu, but there he is. We've got sizing changes on both extremes (Olimar, Bowser). We've got characters fighting who would never fight (Link vs. Zelda, anyone?) Add to that the characters who simply don't fight (Captain Falcon, the Ice Climbers), and we've broken quite a few boundaries already. The important thing to realize with the Animal Crosser is, if the poor guy suddenly found himself in the middle of a Smash Bros. fight, he wouldn't be helpless. He could put up a fight just as well as anyone else. But eh, in the end, it's still kind of an opinion. [/$0.02]
On that note.
Confirmed for SSB4. The Husky from Nintendogs.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
In the Japanese version you clubbed baby seals but that's irrelevant. I agree with an AC character but I think it should be Tom Nook just cause I think he's more of a mascot than the generic guy/gal.
I personally prefer the crosser, but it's really up to which is more popular. What's important is that Animal Crossing is repped. And thanks for backing me up, SirKibble.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I think the best example of a character who has NEVER fought whatsoever before Smash is Mr. Game & Watch. Sure, he did random jobs and whatnot, but I'm pretty sure he never fought. Not to mention R.O.B. If characters like them who have never fought can end up in Smash, Tom Nook certainly can.

On that note.
Confirmed for SSB4. The Husky from Nintendogs.
The difference between Tom Nook and "The Husky from Nintendogs" is that Animal crossing has had multiple, very popular games spanning many platforms and even had a MOVIE in Japan. Nintendogs... basically one game. If Nintendogs expands beyond the DS and remains very popular, than sure, why not?

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I think the best example of a character who has NEVER fought whatsoever before Smash is Mr. Game & Watch. Sure, he did random jobs and whatnot, but I'm pretty sure he never fought. Not to mention R.O.B. If characters like them who have never fought can end up in Smash, Tom Nook certainly can.

The difference between Tom Nook and "The Husky from Nintendogs" is that Animal crossing has had multiple, very popular games spanning many platforms and even had a MOVIE in Japan. Nintendogs... basically one game. If Nintendogs expands beyond the DS and remains very popular, than sure, why not?
I think Game and Watch fought in Judgement, the game where you pull the hammers and the numbers inspiring Game and Watch's Side B, but I agree. Despite him not fighting much at all, he had a great moveset and didn't seem awkward at all. And if Nintendogs expands enough, there's nothing at all wrong with giving it representation. It just isn't big enough right now.
And don't say "That's what she said."

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
But it's not that "characters that don't fight can't get in Smash", it's that "characters that don't fit a fighting atmosphere aren't getting in Smash". Making Game & Watch or ROB fighters doesn't contradict anything about them (because there's nothing to contradict), unlike making an Animal Crossing character or a Nintendog.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think Game and Watch fought in Judgement, the game where you pull the hammers and the numbers inspiring Game and Watch's Side B, but I agree. Despite him not fighting much at all, he had a great moveset and didn't seem awkward at all. And if Nintendogs expands enough, there's nothing at all wrong with giving it representation. It just isn't big enough right now.
And don't say "That's what she said."
That's what......oh. Sorry. Anyway...

Animal Crossers could hit their neighbors with axes and bug nets. They could also get stung by poisonous animals and mauled by bees. Animal Crossing had its share of violence.

Drag0nscythe, I like the improvement much better. That's how I see him working. :bee:

Anyway...Nintendogs...Putting a nintendog in smash bros. would be ASKING for animal abuse complaints.

......She said.
KIDDING.

I'm surprised nobody has commented on Camus in smash, I could have sworn somebody would argue saying he isn't a lord and therefor should not be in. :laugh:

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Animal Crossing games are rather peaceful, except when you reset... we're getting stuck on AC characters. Let's agree on Mr. Resetti, since he's violent enough for a fighting game. :p

majora_787

Smash Hero
Animal Crossing games are rather peaceful, except when you reset... we're getting stuck on AC characters.
Well, lemme see....we covered Metroid specifically, Animal Crossing specifically, F-Zero specifically...

What else is left? Fire Emblem?

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Animal Crossing games are rather peaceful, except when you reset... we're getting stuck on AC characters. Let's agree on Mr. Resetti, since he's violent enough for a fighting game. :p
He's definitely violent enough, but no. XD He can stay as an Assist Trophy, I think. I just can't imagine him actively running about and jumping. I know he's been shown outside of his hole before, but... can you really imagine the guy hopping about in Smash? I know I can't.

But yeah, Tom Nook. ^.^ Since he's not a lame generic Crosser and is pretty much the most important and well known character in the entire series. He's completely infamous!

I don't know... Star Fox?
OK, I'll start!

*ahem*

...Krystal. *whips out flame shield*

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
He's definitely violent enough, but no. XD He can stay as an Assist Trophy, I think. I just can't imagine him actively running about and jumping. I know he's been shown outside of his hole before, but... can you really imagine the guy hopping about in Smash? I know I can't.

But yeah, Tom Nook. ^.^ Since he's not a lame generic Crosser and is pretty much the most important and well known character in the entire series. He's completely infamous!

OK, I'll start!

*ahem*

...Krystal. *whips out flame shield*
I was joking about Resetti. Also: *destroys flame shield* *yells at C.Olimar788*

majora_787

Smash Hero
I won't flame you for that. But the Starfox rep thing comes down to a little problem.

1. Does Starfox deserve a FOURTH rep over F-Zero and Metroid, who have gone solo for almost ten years?

2. If they don't, I'm perfectly fine with what we have now.

3. If they do, well then...our choice goes to either Krystal, or Leon.

4. The decision is wether we want recent important-ness, or historical important-ness.

5. Krystal was recently important. In two of the three games she's been in, anyway. She could have several things go wrong, however.

She may or not be like the ORIGINAL Adventures version. Probably won't.

She may or may not be a zamus clone / vague clone in the assault format...with a landmaster. Certainly possible.

She may or may not be a member of StarWolf, as the ending(s) of Command depict. This is the most likely and the least likely at the same time...This is the most recent image of Krystal, but then again, I have been told that Command is not cannon...despite ONE ending being cannon. And I believe that is one where Krystal switches sides.

6. Leon is historically important. It's like this... Fox : Wolf :: Falco : Leon

Leon is just as much of a Star Wolf vet as Wolf, and maintained a place as Star Wolf's ace pilot...as well as Falco's rival.

Panther is not Falco's rival, he's a newb and a flirt. He's been in TWO games, and had no role other than being Star Wolf's third pilot to even odds.

So it depends on tastes. I go for historical importance, which is why I KNEW that Marth would not get cut for Brawl. Believe it or not, several people I talked to about it thought ROY would get priority over Marth.

EDIT: Then again, I like my recentness as well. When Ridley gets in, I would prefer Omega Ridley. When Bowser comes back, I would prefer Dry Bowser. I can contradict myself that way.

Rappster

Smash Ace
why not hector from the first english fire emblem?
he's armed wit an axe, which is pretty unique, and he's a heavy in the FE series, something that ike wasn't

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I won't flame you for that. But the Starfox rep thing comes down to a little problem.

1. Does Starfox deserve a FOURTH rep over F-Zero and Metroid, who have gone solo for almost ten years?

2. If they don't, I'm perfectly fine with what we have now.
No, Star Fox doesn't need a fourth rep. But I think it is very possible for Krystal to replace Falco. *SERIOUSLY raises flame shield* After all, she is quite popular and has a lot of good moveset potential, as well as being another female and pretty much representing the newer (and less popular :laugh:) Star Fox games.

5. Krystal was recently important. In two of the three games she's been in, anyway. She could have several things go wrong, however.

She may or not be like the ORIGINAL Adventures version. Probably won't.

She may or may not be a zamus clone / vague clone in the assault format...with a landmaster. Certainly possible.
That... would be very bad. Honestly, I can't really see another Fox clone made out of her, but it is possible... and I would NOT want her playable if that is the case.

She may or may not be a member of StarWolf, as the ending(s) of Command depict. This is the most likely and the least likely at the same time...This is the most recent image of Krystal, but then again, I have been told that Command is not cannon...despite ONE ending being cannon. And I believe that is one where Krystal switches sides.
Interesting thought, but I doubt its an issue. She was only part of Star Wolf for that one game, and even then for only like half of it. And by the time SSB4 is out hopefully we'll have another Star Fox game to establish a canon story, and I can't really see Krystal being put on Star Wolf. Which is probably because that entire thing seemed really lame and made Krystal into a whiny baby, but whatever.

[/QUOTE]
6. Leon is historically important. It's like this... Fox : Wolf :: Falco : Leon

Leon is just as much of a Star Wolf vet as Wolf, and maintained a place as Star Wolf's ace pilot...as well as Falco's rival.[/QUOTE]

...not really. Much like Slippy or Peppy, despite being in every Star Fox game, lack importance, so does Leon. Sure, he's been in Star Wolf since the beginning and thus DEFINITELY has priority over Panther or Pigma, but at the same time he's not really important and has never been. He's just... one of Wolf's cronies for you to shoot down. Sure he's Falco's rival but... well, he hasn't really made a name for himself. Even Command put his bounty lower than Panther's.

tl;dr: I think Krystal > Leon but Star Fox definitely does NOT need a fourth rep. However, it does seem possible that Falco could get booted for Krystal, though probably somewhat unlikely now.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I guess that if there's another Star Fox rep, it'll be Krystal. But Star Fox barely deserved three reps, and I despise her personally.
*directs a Fire Keese to C.Olimar788, incinerating his Deku Shield*

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
Gets a fire hose and protects C. Olimar.

Krystal is more likely than Leon. Plus it kind of goes with sakurai's choices. Like the mario series, it would have Hero, Sidekick, Villain, and Damsel in distress. Legend of Zelda kind of does the same thing but has toon link since there isn't a sidekick.

But i do think everyone agrees that most series in brawl deserve that roster spot rather than the star fox series. But Krystal is the more likely option.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Sakurai didn't even know of Krystal before the creation of Brawl. Just throwing that out there.

I don't see any of the three Star Fox characters cut, neither Falco (Fox' partner since the very first game) nor Wolf (Fox' rival).

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I'm guessin Krystal could be given an original moveset with her staff from Star Fox Adventures.

She wouldn't really have to be another blaster-Landmaster clone like the other 3.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm guessin Krystal could be given an original moveset with her staff from Star Fox Adventures.

She wouldn't really have to be another blaster-Landmaster clone like the other 3.
She COULD. She wouldn't HAVE TO. But that doesn't mean she DEFINITELY would get her staff. I'd rather have Ephraim from FE8 over Krystal because he uses a staff, too, and actually has importance to his game. <_<
She could easily become a Zero Suit Samus clone. Considering both wear skin-tight blue catsuits and are in a sci-fi setting, that wouldn't even be so out there.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hmm, speaking of third-parties I would like to do a little poll. Which of the following third-party characters would you like to see in Smash 4:

Mega Man
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Leon (Resident Evil)
Pac-Man
A Soul Calibur Character
Simon Belmont
Bomberman
Slime (mascot of Dragon Quest)
Chocobo (mascot of Final Fantasy)
Crono

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Mega Man and Simon Belmont. By the way, will Paper Mario and Diskun be in your project?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am reposting the list since it was at the bottom of the previous page. Which of the following third-party characters would you like to see in Smash 4:

Mega Man
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Leon (Resident Evil)
Pac-Man
A Soul Calibur Character
Simon Belmont
Bomberman
Crono

Also, thank you for your feedback Wizzerd and Spadefox. As to your question Wizzerd, I think Paper Mario would make a great addition to Smash Bros., and Diskun definitely fits the bill for a WTF retro character representing a system, however, a moveset would be difficult to craft for the little guy.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I am reposting the list since it was at the bottom of the previous page. Which of the following third-party characters would you like to see in Smash 4:

Mega Man

Also, thank you for your feedback Wizzerd and Spadefox. As to your question Wizzerd, I think Paper Mario would make a great addition to Smash Bros., and Diskun definitely fits the bill for a WTF retro character representing a system, however, a moveset would be difficult to craft for the little guy.
Fix'd

Don't go expecting a lot of third party characters, if any. If Sonic barely got in, then it's going to be a long shot or everyone else, especially as Megaman is not as popular, or even close, to Sonic.

Scratch that. Didn't read to well.

KnuxMaster

Smash Rookie
NNID
CFood0
Someone also commented they still think Animal Crossing and Mii's should be in, but really. I don't think you can argue with their reasoning behind it. Animal Crossing is a franchise based around everyday tasks and living a sort of alternate life, and involves no form of violence whatsoever. Sure you could think up a moveset easily, involving shovels and bug nets and the like, and sure it'd be great to us, but they just don't want to involve the series in that way, or show the lovable characters being beat to a pulp. Mii's, in order for it to not be half-*****, they'd need to allow us to make custom movesets, and that's just not somewhere they wanted to go I'm sure. Can you imagine how much of a nightmare that'd make tournaments as well? Leave 'em out I say.
If they put Mii's in they should be banned from tournaments. As for AC I think K.K. Slider is the only character that deserves a spot, his Final Smash would be him playing his guitar and puts all characters to sleep and raise's there % high. Not that I'm saying get rid of Peach's or Luigi's Final Smash. It wouldn't be the same there's no food to lower your percentage, and they fall asleep instantly and don't have a chance to get up.

What about Shadow? Doesn't anybody care about him? Personally, I think he'd be awesome to use in Smash Bros.
I totally agree with you but he'd most likely be a clone of Sonic and for that you could make him a pallete swap.

For characters:

Funky Kong
King K. Rool
Dry Bowser
Rosalina
Krystal
Panther
Roy (bring back)
Mewtwo (bring back)
Midna
Shadow the Hedgehog
Knuckles
Rival Trainer (Fire Red and Leaf Green version)
Dark Samus
Poo
Blood Falcon
Shadow and Knuckles should be put in. As for Mewtwo, Lucario became his clone and I think Darkrai deserves a spot more. I would like to see more DK reps including Tiny Kong from DK64. Cranky Kong would be a WTF character.

Mega Man
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Leon (Resident Evil)
Pac-Man
A Soul Calibur Character
Simon Belmont
Bomberman
Crono
Pac-Man would be a hard character to put in. As for Soul Calibur we already got a character
its Link from Soul Calibur 2 on the Gamecube

Earlier in this thread somebody mentioned putting a clone switch where you flip the tile and you get a clone to save room on the roster. I think that's a great idea except for when somebody choose's a clone and somebody else wants the original it would be to crazy so for that I would have to say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom