• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mit

Smash Ace
Pikachu vs. Charizard argument
Again, it doesn't seem to look out of place. Not to mention most official Pokemon art outside of the anime depict Charizard at a smaller size, and seeing as how Pokemon Trainer is clearly based off of the videogames.

It's about what looks right and what doesn't. Melee intro Ridley looks to be almost a manageable size (this is the ONLY good argument you guys have produced) but again, since then, Nintendo has made him much larger, and shown, in Brawl, the size they would like to keep him at. If you were to take his Brawl model and downscale to be a playable size it would look dumb.

I don't understand how me and Thossus are the only people that see this.

Mit

Smash Ace
So now you're dismissing evidence based on age? Having different sources show different sizes is exactly what happened to Bowser. As I've said before, it can happen to Ridley. Hell, they could take the model from melee, update it for better technology, and it would probably look fine.
And we've explained to you why Bowser is a different case. Age isn't even a factor with him. Games have been released within the same year that depict him at different sizes. Smaller Bowser is commonplace, again, to ever Mario sports title, and every Mario Party title. It works. It doesn't look out of place.

Tiny Ridley would probably look cute.

jokey665

Smash Ace
Again, it doesn't seem to look out of place. Not to mention most official Pokemon art outside of the anime depict Charizard at a smaller size, and seeing as how Pokemon Trainer is clearly based off of the videogames.

It's about what looks right and what doesn't. Melee intro Ridley looks to be almost a manageable size (this is the ONLY good argument you guys have produced) but again, since then, Nintendo has made him much larger, and shown, in Brawl, the size they would like to keep him at. If you were to take his Brawl model and downscale to be a playable size it would look dumb.

Your argument for Bowser being playable was that he's been different sizes in different games.
Our argument for Ridley being playable is that he's been different sizes in different games.

I don't understand how me and Spadefox are the only people that see this.

jokey665

Smash Ace
And we've explained to you why Bowser is a different case. Age isn't even a factor with him. Games have been released within the same year that depict him at different sizes. Smaller Bowser is commonplace, again, to ever Mario sports title, and every Mario Party title. It works. It doesn't look out of place.

Tiny Ridley would probably look cute.
Who care when the games were released? The fact is, different games have Bowser at different sizes, and different games have Ridley at different sizes.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

It may not look "out of place", but it certainly proves that the sizes that have been determined don't mean that they have to apply in Smash, and therefore debunk your comment about nothing "relating to someone else of that franchise" in Smash. Charizard is definitely far taller than Pikachu, yet in Smash, Charizard is about twice the size of Pikachu.

I repeat: In comparison to what they actually are in their franchise, thus debunking your statement of the Olimar argument being dumb and not applicable.

Again, this game is NOT CANON to their actual series, thus size does not matter at all.

Characters can be resized, and even have been in the course of Smash. Even in the first game already, when Pikachu was blown up to the size of a young human.

Mit

Smash Ace
Who care when the games were released? The fact is, different games have Bowser at different sizes, and different games have Ridley at different sizes.
It isn't as simple as that though. We're talking about logical decisions, what Nintendo considers when putting a character into a game like this, not dumb technicalities.

Ridley was a different size (the size you're looking for) in ONE GAME. ONE GAME. The first game, on an 8-bit console. And what's more, do you want to know what they wanted him to look like?

That ugly thing in the bottom right corner. His design has changed since then. His persona now is clearly based off of his Super Metroid appearances and onward.

Mit

Smash Ace
It may not look "out of place", but it certainly proves that the sizes that have been determined don't mean that they have to apply in Smash, and therefore debunk your comment about nothing "relating to someone else of that franchise" in Smash. Charizard is definitely far taller than Pikachu, yet in Smash, Charizard is about twice the size of Pikachu.

I repeat: In comparison to what they actually are in their franchise, thus debunking your statement of the Olimar argument being dumb and not applicable.

Again, this game is NOT CANON to their actual series, thus size does not matter at all.

Characters can be resized, and even have been in the course of Smash. Even in the first game already, when Pikachu was blown up to the size of a young human.
But it doesn't look out of place, is the point. It looks fine. I'm talking about why Nintendo would not put Ridley into Smash Bros. I've already said this, you can't just say because they've resized some characters, they're clearly ok with resizing anyone to fit their needs. It's within reason. By your logic they could take Kraid and shrink him on down too, until he suits their needs and fits in with the normal Smash Bros. characters size.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yes, they could. Kraid would be epic. Though Kraid is as big as a building, whereas Ridley is only a few times bigger than Samus.

He would be big, no question. But people want this character in Smash Bros.. He is the most wanted Nintendo character who isn't in yet.
I recall hearing that the poll determining to put Sonic into the game had Ridley in second position, and as runner-up.

Ridley is not only an extremely popular and highly wanted character, he's also far more important to the Metroid series than any other character besides Samus.

Also, if I may remind you of Zelda, too:

jokey665

Smash Ace
It isn't as simple as that though. We're talking about logical decisions, what Nintendo considers when putting a character into a game like this, not dumb technicalities.

Ridley was a different size (the size you're looking for) in ONE GAME. ONE GAME. The first game, on an 8-bit console. And what's more, do you want to know what they wanted him to look like?

picture

That ugly thing in the bottom right corner. His design has changed since then. His persona now is clearly based off of his Super Metroid appearances and onward.
But they already resized/redesigned him for Melee. They could use the exact same design and it would look fine.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
K.Rool has always been noticably larger than Donkey Kong, even in the recent games. So he would have to be resized as well in order to not be freakishly large. Yet I never hear people say K.Rool is "too big". Why is this? I mean, If Ridley is too big for being larger than Bowser, than surley K.Rool is too big for being noticably larger than the second largest character in Brawl. But yet everybody is okay with a smaller K.Rool...

Mit

Smash Ace
Yes, they could. Kraid would be epic. Though Kraid is as big as a building, whereas Ridley is only a few times bigger than Samus.

He would be big, no question. But people want this character in Smash Bros.. He is the most wanted Nintendo character who isn't in yet.
I recall hearing that the poll determining to put Sonic into the game had Ridley in second position, and as runner-up.

Ridley is not only an extremely popular and highly wanted character, he's also far more important to the Metroid series than any other character besides Samus.

Also, if I may remind you of Zelda, too:
I have the same argument for every other character you post from other games that have been scaled. They look okay to be scaled, Ridley does not. You're talking a brick wall whenever you post more pictures. And did you even play Ocarina of Time? You just posted stylized artwork, Ganondorf was not nearly that large in the game. Am I being trolled?

And yes, fans want Ridley, but that doesn't change the reasoning for not making him a playable character. Also, Dark Samus is arguably a more important character these days than Ridley, playing lead antagonist in the last few games. IMO, a much more likely choice to actually be included as a playable character.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I have the same argument for every other character you post from other games that have been scaled. They look okay to be scaled, Ridley does not. You're talking a brick wall whenever you post more pictures. And did you even play Ocarina of Time? You just posted stylized artwork, Ganondorf was not nearly that large in the game. Am I being trolled?
When you stun Ganondorf in the boss fight, he's on his knees and he can still look you in the eye. That's pretty tall to me.

And yes, fans want Ridley, but that doesn't change the reasoning for not making him a playable character. Also, Dark Samus is arguably a more important character these days than Ridley, playing lead antagonist in the last few games. IMO, a much more likely choice to actually be included as a playable character.
Dark Samus is dead and the Prime series has ended. She has no more relevance to the franchise from this point onwards.

jokey665

Smash Ace

Samus-sized Ridley looks fine, as evidenced by Melee. Are we done yet?

And Dark Samus is more important than Ridley? Did Dark Samus destroy Samus' home and kill Samus' parents, leading to Samus becoming a bounty hunter?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Mit, your entire argument is opinion. You think Ridley will not look okay scaled. Melee proved he can look okay scaled.

Mit

Smash Ace
But they already resized/redesigned him for Melee. They could use the exact same design and it would look fine.
Then tell Nintendo that. Sakurai showed you how he wanted him represented in Brawl, most likely for all the reasons I have been telling you guys.

As far as King K. Rool goes, he'd probably be able to get away with being resized. He's in some Wii Mario Sports game (Baseball I believe), and looks fine. Ridley is more difficult due to his thin body, long tail, and large wingspan. He could be smushed down to appear like it did in the Melee intro, but if Nintendo wanted to do that, we'd probably be playing as Ridley right now. OR, it still didn't look right/required further resizing (it's difficult to gauge just how big he is in that intro), and they decided against including him.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I just found that artwork, so I thought I was going to show it to you, too. But apparently, EVERY franchise can have their characters resized BUT Metroid. Do we have a hater here? Is this thread being trolled?

So a main antagonist of two games, that has most likely died now, is more important than Samus' arch nemesis that appeared in almost all Metroid games to date in some form, destroyed Samus' homeworld, killed her parents and therefore is actually the reason for Samus to become a bounty hunter respectively hate the Space Pirates?
So you mean, this character, Ridley, is less important because he isn't a main antagonist in the last 2 games, ignoring all the backstory that has occured during the whole series?
Wow.

Going by your logic that must mean that Eggman isn't important anymore to the Sonic series, seeing as many other villains are taking the role of a lead antagonist in Sonic. Awesome. I never thought Eggman was unimportant.

Mit

Smash Ace
Samus-sized Ridley looks fine, as evidenced by Melee. Are we done yet?

And Dark Samus is more important than Ridley? Did Dark Samus destroy Samus' home and kill Samus' parents, leading to Samus becoming a bounty hunter?
And he's been dead for quite some time now. All his recent appearances have been Meta-Ridley, and he's just been another boss. And despite that being official story canon, when's the last time you felt any emotional tension between the characters? The games have hardly even acknowledged that relationship. Their main villain focus has heavily shifted to Dark Samus, and that's one reason why she's a more likely Smash Bros. character choice.

And yes, I don't think Ridley would look like downscaled. It does look rather okay in the Melee intro, and could probably happen, but I just do not think that's something Nintendo's willing to do. Since that single appearance in the intro from Melee, the entire Metroid franchise has practically been rebooted, and he has looked like a much, much larger character. I'm sure Nintendo plans on keeping it that way, and that is why we aren't going to see Ridley as a playable character in a Smash Bros. game, even if it could work.

jokey665

Smash Ace
And he's been dead for quite some time now. All his recent appearances have been Meta-Ridley, and he's just been another boss. And despite that being official story canon, when's the last time you felt any emotional tension between the characters? The games have hardly even acknowledged that relationship. Their main villain focus has heavily shifted to Dark Samus, and that's one reason why she's a more likely Smash Bros. character choice.

And yes, I don't think Ridley would look like downscaled. It does look rather okay in the Melee intro, and could probably happen, but I just do not think that's something Nintendo's willing to do. Since that single appearance in the intro from Melee, the entire Metroid franchise has practically been rebooted, and he has looked like a much, much larger character. I'm sure Nintendo plans on keeping it that way, and that is why we aren't going to see Ridley as a playable character in a Smash Bros. game, even if it could work.
The problem is you don't know what Nintendo is thinking, you only know what you think Nintendo is thinking. For all you know the next Metroid game could have Ridley the same size as Samus and the next smash game could have Ridley the same size as Squirtle.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
There. I finally found what I was looking for.

Here is a quote from Nintendo Power's Interview with Sakurai:
"Q. There was a rumor at one point about Ridley being playable. Was that ever a consideration?"

A. "I think that would probably be pretty impossible. [Laughs] If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that be all right? [Laughs]"
Before you jump at the "pretty impossible"... I doubt it has to do with Ridley's size. I rather think it has either to do with creating a working moveset or for the fact he already planned out Ridley to be a boss (even two times). I don't know. And you don't know either. All we can do is speculate. What, however, is true and what we know, is that Sakurai himself stated that he could imagine putting Ridley into Smash.

Mit

Smash Ace
So a main antagonist of two games, that has most likely died now, is more important than Samus' arch nemesis that appeared in almost all Metroid games to date in some form, destroyed Samus' homeworld, killed her parents and therefore is actually the reason for Samus to become a bounty hunter respectively hate the Space Pirates?
So you mean, this character, Ridley, is less important because he isn't a main antagonist in the last 2 games, ignoring all the backstory that has occured during the whole series?
Wow.

Going by your logic that must mean that Eggman isn't important anymore to the Sonic series, seeing as many other villains are taking the role of a lead antagonist in Sonic. Awesome. I never thought Eggman was unimportant.
I can't recall any alternate Sonic antagonists being recurring. And I said that was one reason Dark Samus was a more likely character choice for Smash Bros. I'm trying to point out that Ridley is not the single hugest other character from the Metroid series. Dark Samus is definitely up there, and would actually fit in the game as a playable character, quite easily.

I wouldn't put it past Nintendo either.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I can't recall any alternate Sonic antagonists being recurring. And I said that was one reason Dark Samus was a more likely character choice for Smash Bros. I'm trying to point out that Ridley is not the single hugest other character from the Metroid series. Dark Samus is definitely up there, and would actually fit in the game as a playable character, quite easily.

I wouldn't put it past Nintendo either.
The thing is, Dark Samus has kinda lost her chance with Brawl. The Prime trilogy is over, so unless Ninetndo wants to cheapen the ending of corruption, Dark Samus isn't coming back and she won't be relevant when the next smash bros game comes around. Ridley, on the other hand, will most likley continue to be on the late-game bosses like he always is, and lead the Space Pirates to terrorize new planets for Samus to save like he always does.

Mit

Smash Ace
There. I finally found what I was looking for.

Here is a quote from Nintendo Power's Interview with Sakurai:

Before you jump at the "pretty impossible"... I doubt it has to do with Ridley's size. I rather think it has either to do with creating a working moveset or for the fact he already planned out Ridley to be a boss (even two times). I don't know. And you don't know either. All we can do is speculate. What, however, is true and what we know, is that Sakurai himself stated that he could imagine putting Ridley into Smash.
If anything that helps both of our arguments, and clearly shows his stance on putting Ridley in the game ("pretty impossible", doesn't sound like something he was seriously considering in the slightest for Brawl). True I've been saying what I think Nintendo is thinking, but these are possible reasons. You guys seem to see no reason as to why Nintendo would not put Ridley in the game, and I am telling you some, some that are very possibly true. In fact, I don't even know why I'm arguing.

I've told you these reasons, you can accept them, or you can not accept them, it doesn't really matter either way. But I'm telling you these reasons could indeed be what Nintendo is thinking, and there is most likely actual reasoning behind them not including such an iconic character as Ridley in the Smash Bros. games. Reasons other than just to piss off Metroid fans.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
So she appeared in 2 games of an arc of a series. Wow. How... How should I put it... SO MUCH MORE than one game. Gasp.

What I want to say is that Ridley is the most important character of the series next to Samus. Dark Samus played a major role in 2 games! 2! Two! ONE TWO! That's more than one, but less than three. Two, to be exact. TWO. 2. Dos. Duo. Deux. Dvah. Zwei. Ni. Dalawa.

Do you understand now? 2 games! Vaati from the Toon-subseries of Zelda has appeared in more games than Dark Samus.

Whereas Ridley only had a few games he didn't appear in some form, and is a major character to develop the storyline of the whole series.

Don't get me wrong, I like Dark Samus, and I would love to see her in Smash, but please, Ridley is just faaaar more important.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
So she appeared in 2 games of an arc of a series. Wow. How... How should I put it... SO MUCH MORE than one game. Gasp.

What I want to say is that Ridley is the most important character of the series next to Samus. Dark Samus played a major role in 2 games! 2! Two! ONE TWO! That's more than one, but less than three. Two, to be exact. TWO. 2. Dos. Duo. Deux. Dvah. Zwei. Ni. Dalawa.

Do you understand now? 2 games! Vaati from the Toon-subseries of Zelda has appeared in more games than Dark Samus.

Whereas Ridley only had a few games he didn't appear in some form, and is a major character to develop the storyline of the whole series.

Don't get me wrong, I like Dark Samus, and I would love to see her in Smash, but please, Ridley is just faaaar more important.
I dread to ask our opinion on Sylux's inclusion.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Haha. I remember this thread from awhile back. How people argued who they didnt want in, made up ******** philosphies/theorems/theories/canons, and recommended anime characters for the next Smash game.

It still being this active only states that Father Time has neglected this thread.

♥

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
Haha. I remember this thread from awhile back. How people argued who they didnt want in, made up ******** philosphies/theorems/theories/canons, and recommended anime characters for the next Smash game.

It still being this active only states that Father Time has neglected this thread.

♥
exactly but i was not here though

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
If anything that helps both of our arguments, and clearly shows his stance on putting Ridley in the game ("pretty impossible", doesn't sound like something he was seriously considering in the slightest for Brawl). True I've been saying what I think Nintendo is thinking, but these are possible reasons. You guys seem to see no reason as to why Nintendo would not put Ridley in the game, and I am telling you some, some that are very possibly true. In fact, I don't even know why I'm arguing.

I've told you these reasons, you can accept them, or you can not accept them, it doesn't really matter either way. But I'm telling you these reasons could indeed be what Nintendo is thinking, and there is most likely actual reasoning behind them not including such an iconic character as Ridley in the Smash Bros. games. Reasons other than just to piss off Metroid fans.
It scare me how no one EVER listens when I say this

Sakurai can add any character into Brawl, RIDLEY INCLUDED. He's made many other characters work, including ROB, who doesn't have legs, and Mr. Game & Watch, who really wasn't his own character until Melee. Olimar is the size of a quarter and he works. Sakurai can do it. There is no question.

People can come forth and given arguments to why character can't be in Brawl because they would not physically work. Olimar is a good example because everyone said he was too small. Now, he is playable. The fact of the matter is that the side that argues that characters can not be done are always wrong. Sakurai can do anything in this game and he has proven it. So stop saying Ridley can't be in the game because he is too big because that's bull.

Scyphozoa

Smash Cadet
Okay, here's a roster for SSB4 that I thought might be cool and fun:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Waluigi
Wario

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong

Yoshi

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Tetra

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Magikarp

Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley Too big lol

Pit

Ice Climbers

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Knuckle Joe

Olimar

Fox
Falco
Wolf

Captain Falcon

Marth
Ike
Black Knight

Ness
Lucas

Mr. Game and Watch

Sonic
Shadow

Snake
Grey Fox

Megaman
Bass

Lip

majora_787

Smash Hero
1. I want to see Camus in as a Fire Emblem rep. Just sayin.

2. Ridley comes first. Dark Samus second. Rundas third. Sylux fourth. Ridley is the main antagonist of the series. He was in all but...three(?) games, one of which actually had a DESIGN CONCEPT for him to be in. So he was out of 2.5 games.

Dark Samus was the main antagonist in two games. She's popular, but she can be a Samus Clone. Just like Paper Mario, Bowser Jr., Krystal, Funky Kong, Rosalina....they SHOULD not, but COULD be a clone.

Rundas is pretty popular. He was in one game like Sylux, but the difference is...

Is MPH even a Metroid Prime game? I mean....sure it's in the title, but is it REALLY?

3. No height arguments. Everyone has been resized to the point where they look weird standing next to at least ONE other person on the roster. The pokemon, Bowser, Olimar and Ganondorf are the most noticeable.

4. Sakurai CAN put anyone in smash. ANYONE who was EVER in a NINTENDO GAME has a chance. But having a GOOD chance is another thing entirely.

5. Sakurai had better throw Ridley in, people will NOT be happy if he keeps debating over Ridley when Samus has gone over 10 years without a rival to fight.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Okay, here's a roster for SSB4 that I thought might be cool and fun:
Review time!

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Waluigi
Wario
First problem is that Wario has his own series. And Waluigi? Are you kidding me? Waluigi is almost universally hated and only exists as a self-serving partner to Wario. And where's Bowser Jr? He may be annoying, but he's been a main antagonist in three games and will keep showing up. You can't deny his existance.

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
K. Rool has been in more games and is far more popular than Dixie, and he wouldn't easily become a clone.

Good. Yoshi doesn't need another rep.

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Tetra
Tetra? The what now? And you cut the main protagonist of the 'Toon' subseries to put in a supporting character.

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Magikarp
Magikarp? I'm getting the idea that this is a joke roster...

Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley Too big lol
Oh wow. No matter how important and popular Ridley is, you can't see that Ridley can become smaller for Smash?

Okay.

Ice Climbers
All right.

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Knuckle Joe
Kirby doesn't need another rep. And why Knuckle Joe?

Okay.

Fox
Falco
Wolf
Thanks for not including Krystal.

Captain Falcon
F-Zero needs another rep. Where's Black Shadow/Samurai Goroh?

Marth
Ike
Black Knight
Black Knight should be a new lord.

Ness
Lucas
Good.

Mr. Game and Watch
Good.

Sonic
Shadow
You gave Sonic another rep? Sonic needs to be cut for another third party.

Snake
Grey Fox
See above.

Megaman
Bass
Megaman should be in, but we don't need two third parties from the same series.

Great.

And you should have included- let's see:
Paper Mario
Animal Crosser/Tom Nook
Little Mac
Ray MK II
Stafi
Isaac
Andy

justaway12

Smash Master
:goomba: Actually Sakurai stated in an intreveiw that Animal crossing characters can't be in. :goomba:

:goomba: http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/ssbb/vol5_page2.jsp :goomba:

Sakurai said:
Sakurai: The most important thing was simply whether or not it would make players happy. I mean, there are lots of popular games with characters that just aren’t meant for fighting and were too hard to incorporate into the Smash Bros. title. Heading the list of these characters are the ones from the games we just mentioned, Nintendogs and Animal Crossing. Because these are games played by lots of people, I knew players would be happy to see them make an appearance. This is why I wanted to find a way to put them in the game and why they became Assist Trophies. Assist Trophy Video.

:goomba: Oh and Wizzerd I thought Waluigi was quite popular, I don't know where you got the idea that he was universially despised (sp?) :goomba:

Mit

Smash Ace
It scare me how no one EVER listens when I say this

Sakurai can add any character into Brawl, RIDLEY INCLUDED. He's made many other characters work, including ROB, who doesn't have legs, and Mr. Game & Watch, who really wasn't his own character until Melee. Olimar is the size of a quarter and he works. Sakurai can do it. There is no question.

People can come forth and given arguments to why character can't be in Brawl because they would not physically work. Olimar is a good example because everyone said he was too small. Now, he is playable. The fact of the matter is that the side that argues that characters can not be done are always wrong. Sakurai can do anything in this game and he has proven it. So stop saying Ridley can't be in the game because he is too big because that's bull.
You didn't say anything new. Read the last like 4 pages and find your point and find my counter to it.

Yes, it's probably possible to put Ridley in, but if Sakurai wanted to, I think we'd be playing Ridley right now. I mean, an NES peripheral robot over Ridley? Really? Clearly he wasn't considering Ridley as a character, and I'm informing you all as to many possible reasons, the biggest being he wouldn't look right in such a small form next to Samus (or atleast not how they would want him to look).

Therefore, he's most likely going to remain a boss character, should we ever get another Smash Bros. game.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's that animal crosser can't be in, I think it's that sakurai doesn't want him/her to be in. Animal Crosser is supposed to be an innocent person just living his/her life in the same small town. Putting animal crosser with laser guns, swords, grenade's, and people beating each other up. I think that Animal Crosser would never be the same.

And waluigi isn't universally hated. A lot of people like me really like him. There is a big fanbase for him, it's just that a lot of people don't like him. I would totally support waluigi, but until i see a game specifically for him, i don't think he has much of a chance. But waluigi is not universally hated. A lot of people like him.

edit: I thought we were going to be civilized and have tea while agreeing to disagree. Oh well, because sakurai doesn't put someone in one game doesn't mean they will never be in. Ridley still has a shot. But do people really feel good about saying the same thing over and over for 4 pages. Right now, we might as well just leave it up to sakurai.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
How about one of the following reasons?

Sakurai didn't know Ridley was so popular and wanted for a playable character spot (he didn't know about Krystal at all until people posted her as suggestion for Brawl on his blog, so it is possible he doesn't know everything).

Sakurai knew about Ridley being wanted, but thought the roster was big enough as it is and decided to give him 2 boss roles instead in the SSE (I hate ROB haters btw).

Sakurai thought Ridley was a good boss for his story.

Sakurai didn't consider Ridley being playable because he couldn't think of a proper moveset.

Sakurai thought Ridley would be hard to implement as playable character due to the changes of properties they would have to give him. This can include size, but also many other things.

Just a few possibilities OTHER than "HE IZ 2 BIG LULZ STFU U NUBS"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom