• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSDX

Wah!
But since Mewtwo isn't new, he still gets in, RIIIIIIIIGGHHHT?
As we speak, Roy and Mewtwo are planning an epic revival of themselves by sending their spirits out to posess Ike and Lucario in order to make Brawl terrible in order to accomplish a plan of revenge.

...I believe it is working!

Geno has a Brawl cookie

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Hah. Now THIS is more like it. BS WishLists FTW.

Power Puff Sisters Duke

Jill
Lara Croft
Ayame
Chun Li
Ivy
Talim
Sakura
Cammy
Larxene
Bullet Witch
Heavenly Sword chick

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
You forgot Vexx.
And Bubsy, and Commander Keen, and Blinx, and Jazz Jackrabbit, and Aero, and...

flyinfilipino said:
in other words only consisting of my favorite video game characters not currently in Smash) consists of:
Wow. Uh, cool? Kind of? Not really?

TRY THIS ON FOR SIZE:

-Simon Belmont
-Dracula
-Gunstar Heroes
-Viewtiful Joe
-Bill Rizer & Lance Bean
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Dan Hibiki
-Izuna
-Mach Rider
-Cactus King
-Phoenix Wright
-Elite Beat Agents
-Laharl
-Slayer
-Joe Musashi
-Soki
-Klonoa
-The Prince of Persia
-Gene
-Edge
-Beat

...Yeah. :bee:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I wonder how many people would start to main Mewtwo solely if he had his robo-suit alternate costume.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I wonder how many people would start to main Mewtwo solely if he had his robo-suit alternate costume.
ZOMG ARMOR!!!

*back to being spoil-sports*

Seriously, that was only in the anime. We'll never see it again.

Warlord: 15 minutes, eh? So you started before we started posting our wishlists. Which means you were saving it for a period of time.

I AM BATMAN

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
You know the difference between you and me MasterWarlord? I make this look good I'd actually love to see all of the characters in my list in the game. :embarrass

AND WITH THAT--I have other stuff to do. G'night, you crazy b*stards!

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
MEEEE! I would love to see a different type of style implemented in the Pokemon reps, like Robot Suit Mewtwo. Robot Suit=Heavier and gains hyper armor Normal=Powerful but floatier and easier to knock around.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Bye Chief!
Enjoy your eyeballs.

I'm starting to lose track of who all these characters are.

Guess that's my cue....

*goes off to dream about Leon S. Kennedy's moveset*

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
A serious wish list? Fine.

36: K. Rool
37: Ridley
38: Mewtwo
39: Astaroth
40: Ivy (Sex appeal)
41: Tails
42: Knuckles
43: Robotnik
44: Shadow
45: Bowser Jr.
46: Black Shadow (Solely for Ganondorf original moveset)
47: Krystal
48: Lara Croft (Boobies!)
49: Megaman
50: Isaac
Ivy would have to wear a T-shirt and sweat pants. For the most part, I like, except...
Ridley, Astaroth, Ivy, Tails, Kuckles, Robotnik, Shadow, Bowser Jr. and Black Shadow, and I gotta go to, five page essay due tomorrow morning at the butt-crack of dawn, while I have a mid-term in Astronomy as well that I didn't study for. I like my time-management skills.

Geno, Krystal (with staff from Adventures), Megaman, Issac, Mewtwo (serious about the Robot Suit Mewtwo as well), K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ray MK II, and Midna. I'm guessing those silly Asians want Saki Amiyama, he seems cool, but I wouldn't vouch for him.

Other thoughts-
Improved Stage builder with map and texture editor with more backgrounds to choose from and have different layers to place objects in.
SCORE BOARD!
Air Grabbing.
Immediate combo count visible on screen.
Axe Toon Link.
Alter Ganondorf even more, implement sword in some moves for aesthetic reasons.
Make Watergun and F.L.U.D.D. usable.
Yoshi's tongue should be a tether recovery.
Samus needs Ice Missiles so it immobilizes them instead of Super Missiles.
Samus' grapple should come from the back of her hand like Corruption series and faster while being a bit less floaty-- she is wearing a lot of metal after all.
Buff Peach's D-smash since her recovery isn't win anymore which is acceptable.
Camera follows every animated box from character-- zooms out with Ness and Lucas' PK Thunder attacks so we can see where the hell we're at and where PK Thunder is.

LSDX

Wah!
McSnapple's SSB4 Roster

Okay, I guess I'll make a logical post now seeing as 90% of mine are phail:

McSnapple's Super Smash Brothers Clash (4) Character Roster​

Mario--
1). Mario
2). Luigi
3). Peach
4). Bowser
5). Geno

Donkey Kong--
6). Donkey Kong
7). Diddy Kong
8). King K. Rool

The Legend of Zelda--
9). Link
10/11). Zelda/Sheik
12). Ganondorf (Sword and non-cloned)
13). Mask Link/ (or) Vaati (Non-Toonish, more realistic [begin flamming])

Metroid--
14/15). Samus/Zero Suit Samus
16). Ridley
17). Dark Samus

Starfox--
18) Fox McCloud
19) Falco Lombardi
20) Wolf O'Donnel
21) Krystal (Staff User)

Fire Emblem--
22) Marth
23) Roy (!!)
24) Ike
25) Lyn/ (or) Hector (more towards Lyn)

Pokemon--
26) Pikachu
27) Mewtwo (!)
28) Pokemon Trainer
29) Lucario

Yoshi--
30) Yoshi
31) Baby Mario & Luigi

Wario--
32) Wario
33) Waluigi

Pikmin--
33) Olimar

Kirby--
34) Kirby
35) MetaKnight
36) King Dedede

F-Zero--
37) Captain Falcon
38) Black Bull (Ganondorf's old move-set)

Earthbound--
39) Ness
40) Lucas

Retro--
41) Ice Climbers
42) Mr. Game & Watch
43) Pit
44) R.O.B
45) Little Mac
46) Lip
47) Takamaru

3rd Parties--
48) Sonic
49) Megaman
50) Rayman
51) Simon Belmont

Note: Yes, I know I left out characters such as Jigglypuff, Toon Link, and Snake. Personally, Jigglypuff should've been out of Smash after SSB64. Toon Link is being replaced by Mask Link (a more unique character and not a clone). And Snake just doesn't belong in general (he only appeared because Kojima begged Masahiro S. for him to be in even though Snake barely appeared in Nintendo's history of games save for his NES games and his Remake for the GCN).

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Ignoring my wishes with no chance whatsoever, here's a more realistic list of what I'd like to see. Only what I'd like to see, no extras to fill out the rest of the roster.

K. Rool, Mewtwo, Ridley, Megaman, Bowser Jr., Black Shadow, Ganondorf having an original moveset, Wolf and Falco with original final smashes, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario (His own series so Mario doesn't get bloated), Dixie Kong, second Sonic character, Isaac, Krystal. I sure don't ask for much, do I?

Although I'll be perfectly fine if I get K. Rool, Mewtwo, and Ridley.

Alt costumes! K. Rool, Mewtwo, Ridley and Mario NEED them. Black Shadow can also have a Ganondorf alt costume so we can play as the brawl/melee version of him.

Better online with less lag and true communication, including random people. Able to add random people to friends list and able to CHANGE TO FRICKING STOCK IN RANDOM MATCHES. Ranked matches and casual matches being available, going to serious for hardcore play while going to casual for taunt parties and noob matches. Nintendo hosted online tournies would be nice too, laggy players not being allowed to participate, the winner getting wii points (Or the next gen currency). AFKers/laggy players need to get automatically booted. We also need custom stages online. That brings us to. . .

Improved stage builder. Gotta have it. I want to be able to vaguely recreate my favorite stages, actually having Nintendo themed objects. Let them intersect. Let them rotate. Remove the limits on how many there can be. Let multiple musical tracks play. Let us have a caged in stage if we want to. Most importantly, this things just needs a ton more quantity in general.

ABILITY TO CHOOSE WHICH MUSIC PLAYS ON WHICH STAGES! *Makes all stages play bramble blast, final destination, king dedede's theme only*

Oh, and no tripping, the characters actually being BLOODY BALANCED FOR ONCE.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Are you English? I'll melt into the floor if you are.

But I wouldn't necessarily state that they're balanced, otherwise there wouldn't be tiers.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I'm not british, sadly. But bloody is still a great word to randomly throw on stuff. Old England ftw, good chap, wot? Spot of tea?

By balance, I mean removing tiers. Making Captain Falcon better while making Meta Knight worse. You know. Not that it can ever be perfectly balanaced, but it can be a hell of a lot better then what we have in Brawl.

Just compare Meta Knight to Jigglypuff. Jiggs has NOTHING WHATSOEVER IN HER FAVOR.

Another good example is Dedede and Ganondorf.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Not to put a damper on that though, but King Dedede is top tier. I can't see him being top tier. I've never faced a great Dedede user though. If my DSL weren't so slow that it made my game a lot less laggy, I probably would.

Then again, it's how well you know your character. I've put up a fight with Zero Suit Samus against great Meta Knight users (locally), and it was about even. My problem character seems to be Wolf though, even crappy Wolf players can get the best of me if I am not 'in the zone'.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Darky Dee said:
Other thoughts-
-SCORE BOARD!
-Immediate combo count visible on screen.
-Make Watergun and F.L.U.D.D. usable.
-Samus needs Ice Missiles so it immobilizes them instead of Super Missiles.
-Samus' grapple should come from the back of her hand like Corruption series and faster while being a bit less floaty-- she is wearing a lot of metal after all.
-Camera follows every animated box from character-- zooms out with Ness and Lucas' PK Thunder attacks so we can see where the hell we're at and where PK Thunder is.
There already is a scoreboard. Just turn on "Score Display" in the More Options section. F.L.U.D.D. and Watergun are both awesome moves already. Ice Missiles...I just don't see why Samus would need them. Samus is so floaty because that's generally how she feels in her games; she may be wearing a lot of armor, but that armor has rockets in it's boots and a jetpack on it's back, so it works out fine.

I have no idea what you mean by that last one though.

MasterWarlord said:
Black Shadow can also have a Ganondorf alt costume so we can play as the brawl/melee version of him.
That's just ridiculous. I'm all for alt. costumes, but only so long as said alts are from the same games as the base character.

I mean really.

Nintendo hosted online tournies would be nice too, laggy players not being allowed to participate, the winner getting wii points (Or the next gen currency). AFKers/laggy players need to get automatically booted. We also need custom stages online.
Since Ninty already hosts tournaments in Mario Kart Wii, that'll probably happen for SSB4. Giving out Wii Points, however nice it would be, would be a technical nightmare to implement, and would result in nobody actually buying Wii Points anymore.

Finally, online Custom Stages are extremely unlikely, unless by SSB4's time wireless connection speeds are running at a much higher standard. Think of how long it takes an online match with four people to load. Now, that's with every game having every stage available to it, but if, say, all but one of the connected consoles has to receive and interpret a big chunk of data sent to it by that one lone machine...suddenly you're looking at some ridiculously long load times.

Not saying it's impossible, just improbable. There are a million other things that we'd rather see done than this one feature that would consume so much time to affect.

Tripping should stay, but it should be limited to cases where it makes sense. Like, on an Oil Slick (G&W?), an icy platform, or other such environmental elements.

And yeah, balance isn't ever going to happen. There will, undoubtedly, be three or four characters in SSB4 that far outshine the rest. It's been this way since the beginning, with Kirby and Ness in Smash 64. Falco, Fox, and Sheik dominated in Melee. And obviously in Brawl we've got to contend with Meta-Knight, Snake and Dedede.

And it'll get harder to fix and more painfully obvious as more characters are added. For every one you "fix", two more are worse off as a result. With 50 characters...ugh...it makes me dull just thinking of all the playtesting the QA team's going to have to go through. :urg:

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
There already is a scoreboard. Just turn on "Score Display" in the More Options section. F.L.U.D.D. and Watergun are both awesome moves already. Ice Missiles...I just don't see why Samus would need them. Samus is so floaty because that's generally how she feels in her games; she may be wearing a lot of armor, but that armor has rockets in it's boots and a jetpack on it's back, so it works out fine.
I'm talking about Xbox Live status, rankings and whatnot.

You honestly use Watergun and F.L.U.D.D.? Oh boi.

Ice Missiles would immobilize opponents, freeze them and then launch a fully charged Charge Shot, and win. Charge shots and Super Missiles both serve the same purpose-- changing one up would be neat, preferably Super Missile.

And in terms of the last one, if you play one-on-one matches, and approach enemies off the edge, the camera zooms in on both characters, and if you KO the opponent, the camera zooms in on you. Example-- I go off the edge to Meteor Smash character A with Ness, and once they go, I need to recover with PK Thunder 2, but I can't see where the ball is because the camera zoomed in too close, so I just SD.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Darky Dee said:
And in terms of the last one, if you play one-on-one matches, and approach enemies off the edge, the camera zooms in on both characters, and if you KO the opponent, the camera zooms in on you. Example-- I go off the edge to Meteor Smash character A with Ness, and once they go, I need to recover with PK Thunder 2, but I can't see where the ball is because the camera zoomed in too close, so I just SD.
Well...I would say "just get better with PK Thunder", but still, I know what you mean. Obviously it's like this because after a KO, a character doesn't immediately respawn, so the camera hones in on the one active thing, being you.

I really can't think of any other character this is a problem with. I suppose they could just add in an extra line of code that tells the camera too go to it's "fixed" position rather than zoom in...but I actually think that'd be more confusing, since as you were spiking the guy, the camera was already really close in...and if it were to suddenly expand, it might be even more difficult to visually track PK Thunder's path.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
I'm not british, sadly. But bloody is still a great word to randomly throw on stuff. Old England ftw, good chap, wot? Spot of tea?

By balance, I mean removing tiers. Making Captain Falcon better while making Meta Knight worse. You know. Not that it can ever be perfectly balanaced, but it can be a hell of a lot better then what we have in Brawl.

Just compare Meta Knight to Jigglypuff. Jiggs has NOTHING WHATSOEVER IN HER FAVOR.

Another good example is Dedede and Ganondorf.
Stop making me think your British Bakura.

Ganondorf has the better Down B:bee:

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I'm curious how Pokemon will be repped. Pikachu is a given. So is Jigglypuff, though is it really popular enough in Japan to have made it this far in the series? Mewtwo has a lot of relevance to the series and I would like to see him return, but I guess his Japanese popularity has faded. Will Lucario still be deserving of a spot years from now? Should PT return and with the same three Pokemon? Lastly, a popular 5th gen rep is obviously a likely canidate.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'm curious how Pokemon will be repped. Pikachu is a given. So is Jigglypuff, though is it really popular enough in Japan to have made it this far in the series? Mewtwo has a lot of relevance to the series and I would like to see him return, but I guess his Japanese popularity has faded. Will Lucario still be deserving of a spot years from now? Should PT return and with the same three Pokemon? Lastly, a popular 5th gen rep is obviously a likely canidate.
I think that outside of Pika and Jiggs (and perhaps Mr. Pokemon Trainer), the rest is really up to the Pokemon Company. Pokemon is still a continuously evolving (no pun intended) and growing franchise, so it makes sense that Sakurai listens some to the Pokemon Company.

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
PT and Mewtwo should return. Canonically, they're in the same game and do have a 'showdown' of sorts.

However, I no longer have high hopes for the future of Smash.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Eh, their "showdown" isn't much more relevant than with any other legendary Pokemon.

That's too bad.
well in any case, I just want to see Mewtwo makes his comeback period.

also Ganon's Down B isn't all that different from Falcon's so... what's so great about it? (besides it being obviously powerful), IMO, it would have been better if indeed he used his black magic instead.

also

Warlock Punch>>Down B

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Anything >>>> Warlock Punch.

Assuming Ganondorf doesn't get an original moveset, how would you like to see him made more original? He needs his trademark projectile that you hit about in a game of tennis to replace the useless warlock punch for sure. Maybe replace up B with a teleport to make it more different. And make him less pathetically slow. . .His utilt actually does have some uses and has rather unique properties, it should stay, it helps make him different from Falcon. Although I still don't know what they were on when they made it. . .

Should Luigi get a new final smash? Seeing as the current one he has comes from nowhere, I'd like to see one that uses Mr. L and brobot personally, but I doubt that'll happen. Mr. L still needs to be his alt costume though.

On Pokemon, the Pokemon Company has terrible opinions and are a bunch of idiots. So much could be done with the Pokemon series, but they make mediocre games, letting their good battle system do the work. Imagine a Pokemon game that actually had a good long hard single player campaign with a good story and online that didn't suck. That'd be so awesome. Much less a Pokemon MMORPG, that makes far too much sense. The whole of Pokemon revolves around connecting to other people, you're always looking forward to that. Imagine if you were ALWAYS connected to otehr people?

Relating to Smash, the point of that is they need to ignore what the Pokemon Company wants. They've lost touch with the world. Pokemon is one of the few series where I want Sakurai to put in who he wants to at this point. (Although his bias is probably what ended up getting Jiggs in Smash in the first place seeing how similiar she is to Kirby, even if she was popular. She's just too insignificant.)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

Assuming Ganondorf doesn't get an original moveset, how would you like to see him made more original? He needs his trademark projectile that you hit about in a game of tennis to replace the useless warlock punch for sure. Maybe replace up B with a teleport to make it more different. And make him less pathetically slow. . .His utilt actually does have some uses and has rather unique properties, it should stay, it helps make him different from Falcon. Although I still don't know what they were on when they made it. . .

Should Luigi get a new final smash? Seeing as the current one he has comes from nowhere, I'd like to see one that uses Mr. L and brobot personally, but I doubt that'll happen. Mr. L still needs to be his alt costume though.

On Pokemon, the Pokemon Company has terrible opinions and are a bunch of idiots. So much could be done with the Pokemon series, but they make mediocre games, letting their good battle system do the work. Imagine a Pokemon game that actually had a good long hard single player campaign with a good story and online that didn't suck. That'd be so awesome. Much less a Pokemon MMORPG, that makes far too much sense. The whole of Pokemon revolves around connecting to other people, you're always looking forward to that. Imagine if you were ALWAYS connected to otehr people?

Relating to Smash, the point of that is they need to ignore what the Pokemon Company wants. They've lost touch with the world. Pokemon is one of the few series where I want Sakurai to put in who he wants to at this point. (Although his bias is probably what ended up getting Jiggs in Smash in the first place seeing how similiar she is to Kirby, even if she was popular. She's just too insignificant.)
I always wondered what specific moves Ganondorf has that some Ganondorf users wanted for him.

Pokemon contributes a lot to the sales of Nintendo's handhelds, and that's why they keep making them for that. Not too many people here play the main games solely for the storyline, and if they do, they're not really complaining about it. How does online Pokemon suck again? I don't think the Game Freak's lost touch with Pokemon fans at all, it's just that they like to complain a lot about everything. (thank you, Internet)

OmegaXXII

o...kay, so maybe Warlock Punch isn't the best move out there, especially since it isn't original, but I do have to say that in the next installment of Smash, he such definetly have his Sword, even he he doesn't get an original moveset, I'm at least hoping that it will at least get modified just so he'll somewhat separate from Falcon, though his Utilt you remain as it's not generic (ok, it is) but it's suits.

MasterWarlord;5417536Should Luigi get a new final smash? Seeing as the current one he has comes from nowhere said:
is Mr. L from Paper Mario? if so, how would this costume be an alternate of Luigi?,unless Mr. L's costume is in 3D of course not in paper form (btw: this is all assuming if he's from Paper Mario.)

(Although his bias is probably what ended up getting Jiggs in Smash in the first place seeing how similiar she is to Kirby, even if she was popular. She's just too insignificant.)
agreed, Jiggs has been in Smash way to long, and isn't as nearly as populay as he/she? used to be, so yea, I'm all up for her removal from Smash.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
agreed, Jiggs has been in Smash way to long, and isn't as nearly as populay as he/she? used to be, so yea, I'm all up for her removal from Smash.

You'd be making a lot of people that use Jigglypuff sad. Remember Mewtwo? :p

I think Luigi's Final Smash is fine. I mean, even Mario's isn't from an actual game. And he's Mario. Negative Zone's cool and funny and all that good stuff.

OmegaXXII

You'd be making a lot of people that use Jigglypuff sad. Remember Mewtwo? :p
yea, but the only difference there is that Mewtwo IMO isn't as bad-a** as Jiggs is, an was a highly requested character to appear. so i'm all up for Mewtwo rather than jiggs, but again this is my opinion and I didn't mean to bring Jigg players down,.

though if someone mentions Waluigi or Geno and I deny their appearance then yes, I do mean to bring their hopes down.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
yea, but the only difference there is that Mewtwo IMO isn't as bad-a** as Jiggs is, an was a highly requested character to appear. so i'm all up for Mewtwo rather than jiggs, but again this is my opinion and I didn't mean to bring Jigg players down,.
Psh, Mewtwo couldn't make a headband look as good as Jiggly could. but thank you for respecting Jigglypuff fans

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I don't think Jiggs is going anywhere. If she was ever going to be kicked, it would've been not appearing in the series at all or perhaps Melee.

Mr. L is from Paper Mario, but I mean a 3D version, obviously. 2D can easily be translated to 3D. Somebody's already hacked a Mr. L texture for Luigi on Brawl.

Don't tell me you don't want to see that in SSB4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom