• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
smashbot226 said:
The latest Fire Emblem, to my knowledge, is a remake of FE1.
Which English gamers haven't played yet. I know, that's going against the grain, but it's the Fire Emblem game, so I feel that sort of makes up for that little flaw in my logic.

Also, whatever, you can have it. I've got a whole closetful of them back at my apartment. :)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Are knives off-limits in the happy-go-lucky world of Smash?
No...but is that all he'd use? The only weapons he could maybe use are the PRL, Infinite/Rocket Launcher, and...grenades, I guess.

So yeah, he'd seem a lot like Snake. Besides, there are already a lot of other Capcom characters that would fit Smash better.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
No...but is that all he'd use? The only weapons he could maybe use are the PRL, Infinite/Rocket Launcher, and...grenades, I guess.

So yeah, he'd seem a lot like Snake. Besides, there are already a lot of other Capcom characters that would fit Smash better.
He's pretty limited, but his charisma is his greatest weapon.

*eyes MYM thread instead*

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Chief Mendez said:
Blue bomber, what? He seems the only important cartoony one to fit in the world of Smash other than BLANKA. HE BITES ON GIRL'S ****!

HYPER COMBO FINISH!

Jill on the other hand, has ****, and more options to chose from than Leon.
Rocket launcher, grenade launcher, grenades, knife, taser, lock pick, ****, GREEN HERBS! As well as moves derived from Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Shoulder Rush, Fire Arm Rush, Beretta Counter, Zombie Summon, Flaming Zombie Summon, Crow Summon, T-002 Summon. Oh wow.

They really need to make Marvel vs. Capcom 3 with--
Beast and Phoenix from X-Men, Black Cat from Spider-man for ****, Leon from Resident Evil sillies, Dante from Devil May Cry, and Apollo Justice, and Johnny the Human Torch.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I think knives are no-no (just like Barbariccia's interest in guys).
I couldn't stop listening to that song for like, a month after I first heard it. :laugh:

SERIOUSLY THOUGH

Knives shouldn't be an issue. Sheik throws what are *basically* knives, and even has one strapped to his/her/it's/potato's leg. And also...well, we've already got swords. Are knives really that different?

@Darky Dee: But the only times Jill's been on Ninty systems are in remakes. She may have ****, but they're primarily Sony's ****. :dizzy:

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Yeah, swords are pretty much giant knives. If knives are off-limits, Simon Belmont would be kinda sad too.

Leon's a better fighter than Jill. I think.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Knives shouldn't be an issue. Sheik throws what are *basically* knives, and even has one strapped to his/her/it's/potato's leg. And also...well, we've already got swords. Are knives really that different?
SHEIK THROWS NEEDLES YO! Big difference here, THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS! Knifes are looked at as being part of realism in games. Call it a dagger, and you in luck.

@Darky Dee: But the only times Jill's been on Ninty systems are in remakes. She may have ****, but they're primarily Sony's ****. :dizzy:
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles? (oYo)

That's like saying Snake's fine *** belongs to Sony because he hasn't really done **** since MGS: Twin Snakes which was already on a Sony console.

flyingflip said:
Leon's a better fighter than Jill. I think.
Leon is a rookie cop, Jill was in the military. NO WAY TO PROVE THIS BECAUSE IF THEY WRESTLED IT OUT IT WOULD END IN LOTS OF WHITE GUM SHED.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I noticed that this thread involves the same 5-6 people arguing about pretty much the same things over and over again. It is getting dull. How 'bout dem Lakers?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I noticed that this thread involves the same 5-6 people arguing about pretty much the same things over and over again. It is getting dull. How 'bout dem Lakers?
Go away; our speculation is much more important than yours.

Darky Dee: Shows how much I know about RE aside from RE4 /bias.

EDIT: How the heck did he get hired by the President then? (And I saw what you wrote there :p)

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Go away; our speculation is much more important than yours.
DUCKROLL!

Darky Dee: Shows how much I know about RE aside from RE4 /bias.

EDIT: How the heck did he get hired by the President then? (And I saw what you wrote there :p)
As awesome as Resident Evil 4 was to the series, it really didn't have much to do with the actual story. I think the Umbrella Corporation was only mentioned once when playing as Leon and
Asian **** Ada

Leon got notoriety after the virus broke out in the city and put that on his resume to become a government agent, plus that would help him be protected against certain things. I'm sure he was trained more-- seeing that
Asian tit fest Ada
underestimated him when he first encountered her. Underestimated being the key werd-- otherwise, we would have been treated to some awesome submission/domination paraphernalia.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Darky Dee said:
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles? (oYo)
Mmm...yeah, I suppose that is true. But hey, Leon was in that too, so it cancels things out. Leon for the win.

Heartz said:
I noticed that this thread involves the same 5-6 people arguing about pretty much the same things over and over again.
Yeah, so? Wanna' fight about it? If it's so dull, then how come I've been a regular here for months now? ...Oh, right. Nevermind.

How 'bout dem Lakers?
Lakers, eh? Yup. Them Lakers. They're...in a lake(?).

EDIT - RE2 took place in, what, '98? I believe in RE4, Leon's been trained by the CIA or some equivalent for for the past 6 years, so now he's like a special agent. The Leon S. Kennedy in Umbrella Chronicles is the same one from RE2, pre-Special Agency.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Aight, Leon's got creds. *is brainstorming possible moveset and doing homework and eating Ruffles*

Realistically though, Leon has a 0.025% chance of ever getting in. (Anything is possible!)

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Mmm...yeah, I suppose that is true. But hey, Leon was in that too, so it cancels things out. Leon for the win.
He wasn't.
Ada took up his and Claire's spot in the Resident Evil 2 scenario.

EDIT - RE2 took place in, what, '98? I believe in RE4, Leon's been trained by the CIA or some equivalent for for the past 6 years, so now he's like a special agent. The Leon S. Kennedy in Umbrella Chronicles is the same one from RE2, pre-Special Agency.
Is being trained by the secret service as badass as being in the Delta Force, and still the shmuck of the game really that cool? I mean, JILL IS COMMANDO. She even has a beret to show for it.

Also, major spoiler alert--
JILL FOILS RESIDENT EVIL'S MOST STRONGEST ADVERSARY. TELOS
, well, actually, Wesker did, but he hacked.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Who here hopes they just up and include everything that has ever been in the Smash Series in SSB4?

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Nobody slip a word-- Heartz, who would you vouch for, Jill (who has ****) or Leon (who has a uterus hidden in his hair)?

previous poster said:
Who here hopes they just up and include everything that has ever been in the Smash Series in SSB4?
NOT ME!

Really, would someone want Pichu, Dr. Mario, and Young/Toon Link?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
What's with the mood change? Can't see a joke when it's right under your nose?
That's my blind spot. Oh wait, *sniff* I can see it with my nose! Must be my synesthesia acting up again. Paging Dr. House!

*sigh* There must be something in these chips. Or my homework.

EDIT: woopyfrood - Everything except Mewtwo would be great!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
He wasn't.
Ada took up his and Claire's spot in the Resident Evil 2 scenario.
Okay fine. But I know he was in a cutscene or two.

...that counts, right?

Is being trained by the secret service as badass as being in the Delta Force, and still the shmuck of the game really that cool?
Yes.

@flyinfilipino: Knife, Infinite Launcher, Flash Grenades, Suplex, Counter-Kick, Diving/Rolling, Grappling Hook (Ada lets him borrow it). Also I see your Ruffles and raise you an Oreo Klondike.

EDIT - Adding in everything would be sort of cool. I'd be happy with all the stages coming back (really, they can leave the graphics alone, and just change the ledge physics to fit with however the new game handles said ledge physics)...and all the items should definitely come back (Flipper? C'mon, I loved that thing!)...but I don't think the effort needed to bring back Pichu, Young Link, and the other cut Melee clones would be worth it.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Okay fine. But I know he was in a cutscene or two.

...that counts, right?
I'm questioning your fangirlism at this point.

@flyinfilipino: Knife, Infinite Launcher, Flash Grenades, Suplex, Counter-Kick, Diving/Rolling, Grappling Hook (Ada lets him borrow it). Also I see your Ruffles and raise you an Oreo Klondike.
JILL STILL HAS MORE AND DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TO BORROW FROM ****.

Really, she has two titles under her belt AND a movie while appearing in cross-over titles as well as canological spin-offs. What does Leon have besides being Gamecube gold?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
You're still forgetting one important thing that he don't need to borrow from **** that I will implement into my moveset para el.

and thank you for the Klondike

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I'm questioning your fangirlism at this point.
Well, I'm really not a big RE buff. I've only played RE1, RE2, Code Veronica X, RE4, Deadly Silence, RE4, and Umbrella Chronicles, and of those I've only finished 4 and Deadly Silence...

So really I have very little idea what I'm talking about. :bee:

JILL STILL HAS MORE AND DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TO BORROW FROM ****.

Really, she has two titles under her belt AND a movie while appearing in cross-over titles. What does Leon have besides being Gamecube gold?
He's in Degeneration, isn't he? And like...the main character, even.

Plus, he's Leon S. Kennedy. I mean...come on.

COME OOOOOOON

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm really not a big RE buff. I've only played RE1, RE2, Code Veronica X, RE4, Deadly Silence, RE4, and Umbrella Chronicles, and of those I've only finished 4 and Deadly Silence...
Leon wasn't playable in Umbrella Chronicles, he only appeared in Ada's concept art for her scenario as a secret for Jill and Carlos' file. WHAT!? Goes to prove how important Jill's breasts are to the franchise.

He's in Degeneration, isn't he? And like...the main character, even.

Plus, he's Leon S. Kennedy. I mean...come on.

COME OOOOOOON
I came.

DEGENERATION WHAT!? IT'S LAME SAUCE AND CLAIRE'S **** HOG THE SHOW. Is that movie even canological to the series?

Feminist said:
Feminist? Hell no. I hate Oprah, Tyra, and Dr. Phil.
You're in denial.

TYRAAAAAAAAA MAIL!

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Feminist? Hell no. I hate Oprah, Tyra, and Dr. Phil.
But feminism is...well...It's supposed to be good. We sure do hate those pseudo-feminists. Thankfully they are few.

I take it people here want Resident Evil characters in Smash?...

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
But feminism is...well...It's supposed to be good. We sure do hate those pseudo-feminists. Thankfully they are few.

It is just an excuse for not advancing in life, particularly the fat, ugly women. Oooo Buuuuurn.

And I can live without RE characters.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'd like Leon because he'd be funny.

I think it's fraud. Really, what Asian can be that muscular and not look Asian?

If you're implying you want Ryu in Smash, I can direct you to the dog house. c;
And now...*drumroll*

REASONS WHY RYU WOULD BE COOL!

1. SHORYUKEN

1. Iconic videogame character, etc.

2. His franchise pretty much defined fighting games as we know 'em today.

3. He's actually from a fighting game!

4. He's third-party- oh, is this a con?

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I'd like Leon because he'd be really gay.
Fix'd.

And now...*drumroll*

REASONS WHY RYU WOULD BE COOL!

1. SHORYUKEN

1. Iconic videogame character, etc.

2. His franchise pretty much defined fighting games as we know 'em today.

3. He's actually from a fighting game!

4. He's third-party- oh, is this a con?
Number three is a bad thing in my book. Do we want to put a character from a fighting game that has a very different way of inputting commands? I mean v>B for Hadokens now turns into (>B)? I'll stick to Marvel vs. Capcom 2 thnx. >:

Lesbian Feminist said:
WHAT? Imagine Juno. There you have it. *not lesbian*
Ellen Page is the poster boy for lesbians! YOU'RE GAY!

LOL, I like you. Not Chief Mendez.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Fix'd.

Do we want to put a character from a fighting game that has a very different way of inputting commands? I mean v>B for Hadokens now turns into (>B)? I'll stick to Marvel vs. Capcom 2 thnx. >:
Aye. Personally, I do not think Capcom would be a good third-party, for the simple fact that Capcom is already popular in the genre. I love Mega, but he already appeared in three fighting crossover games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom