• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Heartz said:
In the end, no matter what characters are in, out, or taken out, SSB4 will be the awesomeness just because it's Smash. Agreed? I hate Sonic characters, but if they put Tails in it, it would not stop me from buying the game. A person can dream, and another can have a nightmare.
Yay! :bee:

Foxy Alopex said:
I hope Wolf will still be in SSB4 because I like him alot hehe.
This was probably the best thing about page 519...

Seriously--

Spire III: I'm one of the few people who's all for the idea of making like, half of SSB4's roster 3rd party, but...Lara Croft? Did I read that right? Even putting aside the not-so-happy character suggestions, what it seem like you want is to be surprised, and for every character to be liked (as was the case in Smash 64)...but that can't ever happen again. It's impossible. There are too many people looking forward to this game for that to ever happen again. The only way we won't know who every character is four weeks before we play it is if Ninty can pull off a simultaneous global launch.

MasterWarlord: Yeah, there aren't any "mandatory" characters. Honestly, like Heartz said before, as long as we get like, ten new characters (and the old ones are changed), we'll still buy the game. You know it to be true.

MasterWarlord said:
Snake's creator say he hates the NES ones, and they are considered non canon.
BRZZT! Wrong!

You're thinking of Snake's Revenge, which wasn't made by Kojima. So obviously he wouldn't like it because of that, but also that game was a stinking pile of crap. All the other 2D games are awesome, and canon (except Ghost Babel, I think).

Darky Dee said:
Dark Samus was Prime's main antagonist, but the series is over, so I doubt it's chances of getting in.
Odd, then, that Samus in Brawl = Samus from Super Metroid, no?

MasterWarlord said:
Mind telling me what the point of the Starfox/F-Zero/Metroid roster was?
To incapacitate you through sheer force of win. And if it didn't work, then you're either a robot or blind.

Maybe both. :p

hippochinfat!! said:
You'd have to be a huge Nintendo fan boy to not want Snake in SSB4. His games are amazing and revolutionary to the stealth genre. Not to mention he's just got such a cool move set.
Well, the 2D ones and the first MGS were. By the time MGS2 rolled around, Splinter Cell and Thief (...actually, Thief had Metal Gear whipped before the turn of the millenium, come to think) had moved way beyond what Kojima did in Sons of Liberty. Oddly, he never decided to update his system to match.

(I don't mean how good he is, I mean his personality)
You wanna pull each other's ears?

If you run out of ammo, you can have mine.

Kept you waiting, huh? I'm at the sneak-point.

I'm in a box.

What's wrong with being cute?

...Yeah, I'd still play as Snake even if he were on par with Yoshi. ^.^

Is there any way for me to take off my pants?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I meant to say I hope Ridley is playable in the next game and also Scorpion can be in. Look at Snake. Konami asked for him to be in. So Midway just has to ask and there you have it. The Ninja Spectre is in. Plus I made a moveset for him.

Scorpion
B: Bloody Spear
^B: Hellfire Punch
>B: Backflip Kick
vB: Hellfire
Final Smash: Netherrealm

His final smash goes like this. Scorpion turns the whole stage into the Netherrealm and starts burning the characters giving them lots of damage and stays like this for 20 seconds and then the Stage turns back to normal.
hmm.. I guess, but I doubt Boon and Tobias are going to beg on their knees like Kojima did, after all Sakurai and Kojima are friends, Boon and Tobias.. I don't think so..

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Did you just say Splinter Cell was better then MGS? Hilarious.
Well, no. It's a better stealth game, but overall? Metal Gear whips it.

I was talking about how you said Snake's games revolutionized the stealth genre. Which, as I said, is only the case for two or three of them. Outside of that, Splinter Cell and Thief have nothing on Metal Gear.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Oh I see. Well truth is though Did you hear that John Tobias left Midway. I dont know why he did. But Ed Boon is one of the gratest video game makers. I have to say Ed Boon does a better job at doing things then Sakurai. I mean Ed Boon puts things in that MK Fans want unlike Sakurai who doesn't.

OmegaXXII

Well, the 2D ones and the first MGS were. By the time MGS2 rolled around, Splinter Cell and Thief (...actually, Thief had Metal Gear whipped before the turn of the millenium, come to think) had moved way beyond what Kojima did in Sons of Liberty. Oddly, he never decided to update his system to match.
Did you just say Splinter Cell was better then MGS? Hilarious.
by looking at this it's safe to assume he did ;)

but yea this is what I think: MGS>>Spinter Cell

MGS's style is a million times better than Spinter (Gay)Cell. :p

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Reasons why Ed Boon is better then Sakurai.

1 - Ed Boon puts things in that MK fans want. But Sakurai he doesn't like Ridley.

2 - Ed Boon is better at it then Sakurai.

and 3 - Ed Boon is more well known then him. Sakurai is cool. But I think Ed Boon does a better job at game designing.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Reasons why you are wrong:

1. Mortal Kombat is not as good as Super Smash Bros.

2. You just are.

And reposted for great justice--

Chief Mendez the Magnificent said:
Well, no. It's a better stealth game, but overall? Metal Gear whips it.

I was talking about how you said Snake's games revolutionized the stealth genre. Which, as I said, is only the case for two or three of them. Outside of that, Splinter Cell and Thief have nothing on Metal Gear.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
*comes back* I don't know?

Plus if their is a 4th smash bros game ever. My most wanted along with Ridley is King K. Rool. I mean really. the Smash series needs more Playable Villains and King K. Rool is defentifly a perfect cantidate. I hope King K. Rool is playable in the next smash bros game. Also just curious. You guys think King K. Rool has more of a chance of getting in as a playable character then Ridley?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Please direct me to anyone more mandatory for SSB4 then Ridley, K. Rool and Megaman.

Brawl had Wario, Diddy, Dedede and Meta Knight. It satisfied it's mandatory characters. I'll still buy SSB4 if those three I mentioned somehow don't make it in if only for the (hopefully) superior online and the returning characters, but I'm going to be very displeased and apalled at this game if they're left out. Ridley's the only one of those three I see as having a chance of not making it in due to Sakurai's hate of him.

If none of them make it in, I could care less about the new characters. They don't exist. I just have Brawl's 35 characters and a better online. (There are other characters I care about, but the most likely one is Mewtwo, whom isn't terribly likely.)

I still personally think K. Rool and Megaman are the single most likely Smash Bros chars, SmashBrosMike. Ridley would be up there with them if not for Sakurai's bias.

kuro06

Smash Cadet
Back on the topic of Ridley, do you really think Metroid is still not going to have another character? We want Ridley small rather then not at all. All of the other characters are very unpopular and unimportant, Ridley IS the only option. If Charizard can work, Ridley can work. Him looking ridiculous next to Samus sized down is not an argument. Snake next to Kirby is a hell of a lot more weird looking.
Just wanted a comment on a couple of things Charizard wasn't really resized..he isn't really tall at all..Hell I'M taller than Chairzard. Even Mewtwo is not only taller but Bigger as well (doesn't remember its exact size).

But anyways resizing Ridley is not the main problem..it's making him actually playable without making him..well broken.

I didn't play too many Metriod games but I've seen more than enough to see him as a broken character if all we do is resize him. He's going to be toned down..ALOT. It would be like resizing Giga Boswer and leaving him at that. Ridely is not only large, he's strong, has deadly projectiles and he's also rather fast. Which is I honestly think he didn't make it to the roster...he's too big AND too powerful to be a character...he'll be broken. Even though the Hunters Don't have much importance to they are MUCH easier to be made into characters then Ridely.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I hope Sakurai doesn't hate King K. Rool though. He's my other favorite along with Ridley.

But if a 4th smash game does happen. I do know King K. Rool has more of a chance of being Playable then Ridley.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I didn't play too many Metriod games but I've seen more than enough to see him as a broken character if all we do is resize him. He's going to be toned down..ALOT. It would be like resizing Giga Boswer and leaving him at that. Ridely is not only large, he's strong, has deadly projectiles and he's also rather fast. Which is I honestly think he didn't make it to the roster...he's too big AND too powerful to be a character...he'll be broken. Even though the Hunters Don't have much importance to they are MUCH easier to be made into characters then Ridely.
This is just ridiculous. Mewtwo would, canonically, be able to turn Ridley inside out. Canonically, Snake can't jump. Canonically, Samus's jumps are infinite, make her invincible, and deal tremendous damage. Canonically, Falcon Punch can destroy entire galaxies. Canonically, R.O.B. can't do anything besides rotate 180 degrees, lower and raise his arms, and grab small plastic pucks.

God what a stupid argument. :ohwell:

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I hope Sakurai doesn't hate King K. Rool. Man I really want King K. Rool to appear in the next smash bros game. If it does ever happen and I want King K. Rool playable. Although I would also like to see Bowser Jr. Do any of you like to see Bowser's son.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Just wanted a comment on a couple of things Charizard wasn't really resized..he isn't really tall at all..Hell I'M taller than Chairzard. Even Mewtwo is not only taller but Bigger as well (doesn't remember its exact size).

But anyways resizing Ridley is not the main problem..it's making him actually playable without making him..well broken.

This isn't nearly as much of a problem as otehrs we already have. Ganondorf is suppossed to be a god and never uses his fists. Mewtwo and Ness are also gods. If you want a direction comparison in statistics, endgame Ike is insanely powerful AND FAST, having a 95% chance to dodge any attack. Ridley fans will survive with Ridley not being insanely overpowered considering there are already characters playable who are far more canonically powerful.

@Smashbrosmike: The only bias Sakurai has against K. Rool is liking the similiar Dedede over him due to D3 being his own creation.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
This isn't nearly as much of a problem as otehrs we already have. Ganondorf is suppossed to be a god and never uses his fists. Mewtwo and Ness are also gods. If you want a direction comparison in statistics, endgame Ike is insanely powerful AND FAST, having a 95% chance to dodge any attack. Ridley fans will survive with Ridley not being insanely overpowered considering there are already characters playable who are far more canonically powerful.

@Smashbrosmike: The only bias Sakurai has against K. Rool is liking the similiar Dedede over him due to D3 being his own creation.
Does that mean Sakurai hates K. Rool and won't ever put him in.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Does that mean Sakurai hates K. Rool and won't ever put him in.
No. . .That's more why he's not in brawl then SSB4. K. Rool has little competetion for SSB4, virtually all of it is already in the game. The only threat (Which isn't that large IMO) is Dixie Kong. There WILL be a 3rd Donkey Kong rep. That's GUARANTEED. Sakurai might like Dixie due to considering making her a tag team with diddy, but he didn't consider anything beyond that. If K. Rool were never considered for playable in Brawl, he'd be an assist trophy, which means he was still kept in mind when Sakurai considered a 3rd DK rep in brawl.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
MasterWarlord said:
The only bias Sakurai has against K. Rool is liking the similiar Dedede over him due to D3 being his own creation.
That and his Western origins. Most Japanese developers aren't that hot on working with non-Japanese properties, and if they have a choice (like Sakurai probably does), they'll more often than not choose to disregard those properties.

That said, I still think K. Rool's likely, but I could at the same time see him not getting in.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
King K. Rool will be playable. Anyway they need more playable villains that's what and King K. Rool will be playable. just saying.

Plus King K. Rool was one fo the most very highly requested Character to be playable in Brawl.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
That and his Western origins. Most Japanese developers aren't that hot on working with non-Japanese properties, and if they have a choice (like Sakurai probably does), they'll more often than not choose to disregard those properties.

That said, I still think K. Rool's likely, but I could at the same time see him not getting in.
That's somewhat understandable if you think Dixie would get in instead of him, but can you see DK going without a 3rd rep in general? That's one of the single most likely and deserving character slots for SSB4.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
That's somewhat understandable if you think Dixie would get in instead of him, but can you see DK going without a 3rd rep in general? That's one of the single most likely and deserving character slots for SSB4.
Dixie sucks. If I was Sakurai I would pick K. Rool over Dixie. King K. Rool is better and Dixie is weak and sucks.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I'd believe more logic, than bias, was put in that sentence if you didn't just sound like an idiot right now, and that your avatar is K. Rool.
whatever. But I'm saying King K. Rool will be in and you know I think both Dixie and King K. Rool will both come in as Playable Characters. So yeah King K. Rool will be playable due to how requested he is and so will Dixie since she was planned to be in Brawl.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
MasterWarlord said:
Well, maybe. But I mean, I don't think there's any hope for a 3rd DK rep. Sakurai doesn't like British characters, so K. Rool's out. And as for Dixie...well...

SmashBrosMike said:
Dixie sucks.
...So that's that. It's just gonna' be DK and Diddy in SSB4. Sorry, man. But there's no arguing this logic. :ohwell:

Yeah, there probably will be a 3rd rep. If it were me, I'd leave it at two. Actually I'd probably ax Diddy to make room for someone else. But that's just me. DK's a (sort of) big series, and either K. Rool or Dixie will almost definitely make it in.

EDIT -

Darky Dee said:
I don't see what's so odd. :c
You said Dark Samus was unlikely because the Prime trilogy has ended. But if it's an issue of how recent a character is, then why is Samus' model in Brawl taken from a decade+ old game?

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
The moral of this debate is:

King K. Rool is only as awesome as you make him.

Now, how about Isaac, you guys? I would love to hear what Mendez, GigaKoopa, and Warlord have to say about him. Thrill me.

OmegaXXII

Reasons why Ed Boon is better then Sakurai.

1 - Ed Boon puts things in that MK fans want. But Sakurai he doesn't like Ridley.

2 - Ed Boon is better at it then Sakurai.

and 3 - Ed Boon is more well known then him. Sakurai is cool. But I think Ed Boon does a better job at game designing.

reasons why YOU are wrong:

1 - Boon doesn't put what MK fans want, if he did it, the attack combos wouldn't have so much button knockoff (laginess), also, it's not like Sakurai doesn't have love for Ridley, it's just that this time around he decided to give him a role of a Boss instead.

2 - how do you know if Boon is actually better than Sakurai, huh?

3 - the MK series may be more popular, but that doesn't mean the creator is, also like I said *look at 2*

That's not what I meant. Smash Bors is cool. But I'm just saying Ed Boon does better designing that's all.

prove it, otherwise, not notable.

I hope Sakurai doesn't hate King K. Rool though. He's my other favorite along with Ridley.

But if a 4th smash game does happen. I do know King K. Rool has more of a chance of being Playable then Ridley.

I will have to agree with K.Rool, i'm not sure about Ridley.

K.Rool definetly has some potential to be in the 4th installment of Smash, I believe he could very well me among one of the best heavy charcters that Smash would see, that is, if they give him a good moveset, balance him well, etc...

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
To prevent idiotic pissy flame wars on "DIXIE SUCKS LOL", a logical pros and cons list copied and pasted from me earlier in the topic:

Dixie Kong

- Was playable in the games she was in, a trait shared by a vast majority of the Smash cast

- Was playable a lot in the Donkey Kong Country games, the most iconic games of the franchise

-Female

- Was the main character of one of the DKC games

-Appears in Mario spin-offs

K. Rool

- Has a perfect attendance record in the DK series, appearing in more games then DK himself. Cameod in DK Jungle Beat.

- Actually still has important roles when he shows up in the games, unlike Dixie, who hasn't had ANY important roles since DKC3.

-Popularity. Overall, he seems more popular then Dixie, at least on message boards. Guess what? Popularity on message boards is what matters, because the people not on message boards don't give a ****.

-Moveset potetional. The blunderbuss, the crown, the cape, the claws and teeth, the tail. In the event either Sakurai gets lazy and decides to make one of them a clone, it's physically impossible for K. Rool to use Bowser's B, up B, dsmash and usmash, so he'd probably be more of a Wolf to Bowser then a Falco. Dixie on the other hand -can- use Diddy's moveset. Just because she hasn't used the stuff there doesn't mean she can't, as K. Rool has never used Bowser's moveset either.

-More personality. So what if K. Rool is stereotypical? Dixie hasn't shown enough personality to really. . .have a personality. K. Rool is humurous and a villian, you don't see anybody praising Dixie's personality. Another small monkey is more similiar then a mutated king of a different race who uses weapons.

Also note that Dixie was considered as a TAG TEAM with Diddy, not for an original moveset. K. Rool was an option on Sakurai's poll as well as Diddy, while Dixie was only present as an option for a tag team with Diddy.

I actually like Dixie, I just like K. Rool a lot more and she's standing in his way.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
The moral of this debate is:

King K. Rool is only as awesome as you make him.

Now, how about Isaac, you guys? I would love to hear what Mendez, GigaKoopa, and Warlord have to say about him. Thrill me.
Isaac hmm who knows. He would be interesting. But how about Paper Mario also.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Isaac will be guaranteed if a third Golden Sun is made. Otherwise he's not so likely. He was very deserving and somewhat popular for Brawl, and that was honestly his best shot at getting in. If no further games are made in the Golden Sun series, he'll be sort of left in the dark for SSB4. That said, I think he's one of the most deserving characters who didn't make it to Brawl, alongside Ridley, K. Rool, Megaman and Mewtwo.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Just curious. Would any of you guys like Paper Mario as a Character. If so he could fit good as a secret character.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Heartz said:
Now, how about Isaac, you guys?
Uhm...he's super cool? He's the leading man of one of Nintendo's precious few traditional RPGs, his in-game abilities lend themselves easily to a Smash Bros. moveset, and he's already been in Smash Bros. a few times.

The only things working against him are:

1. Not another fantasy sword fighter...
2. He is terribly, terribly generic.
3. Golden Sun isn't that big of a franchise.

Still Wrong said:
Cameod in DK Jungle Beat.
Whoops!

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Chief Mendez said:
You said Dark Samus was unlikely because the Prime trilogy has ended. But if it's an issue of how recent a character is, then why is Samus' model in Brawl taken from a decade+ old game?
Dark Samus was the primary antagonist in Prime-- where as Ridley has been around since day one. (Not that I'm for Ridley in SSB4)

But for your question about the reason behind Samus' old design from Metroid: Zero Mission, no clue. I wasn't inferring anything with that. I was just recognizing that Dark Samus is exclusive to a trilogy when Ridley has been around forever. So why Dark Samus inb4 Ridley?

That's like that princesspeachluver user stating she wants that ****ed Shadow Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom