• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
This bomb idea is very innovative *shows a 10 on a big scoring card*. If only Sakurai would be reading this *sigh*. Yes, why is it that Link, an important series of Nintendo and second mascot of Nintendo, be low tier every time? They could give him a buff or two *cough*Jigglypuff too*cough*.

Shadowmaster9000

Smash Rookie
So since neither contestant has a score of above 0, you both get a free boot to the head.
Lol sorry if this is off topic but I just had to post in this topic to give you a double thumbs up for posting such a funny video.

I would attempt to post something on topic, but half the time people seem to just argue. :urg:

... Except that Bomb Arrow idea is awesome.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Bomb Arrow would definitely give Link an uber move, but I think what would really help him is a good recovery. I think a tether recovery would even work for him. :\

Agi

Smash Lord
Bomb Arrow would definitely give Link an uber move, but I think what would really help him is a good recovery. I think a tether recovery would even work for him. :\
...you mean his hookshot? Well, yeah, it should be given a longer range.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
It's only one move though, and even though camping will be easier, I don't think he will improve that much on the tier list. I would like to see an improvement for him in the next game, though. His ground game isn't good, so that's one thing to work on.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Link HAS a thether recovery.

Also, I love the bomb arrow Idea. I never stopped using it in Twilight Princess, which is where the 10bombarrowheadshots thing came from. Long story.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
It's only one move though, and even though camping will be easier, I don't think he will improve that much on the tier list.
well true, but still, Link deserves better and it's ironic that he's in such a low-tier position due to him being from the second largest franchise

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Should Zamus be buffed, nerfed, or kicked out? I really don't know what to think of her.

well true, but still, Link deserves better and it's ironic that he's in such a low-tier due to him being from the second largest franchise.
I know, I really want to see him at higher mid tier next game.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
My following comments on the character costume suggestions are in bold.

Mario and the Doc are back in business.

If it quells some complaints, that's good enough, I guess.:ohwell:

Obviously Mr. L is from a Paper Mario game, but it could easily still be applied by giving Luigi a belt, a black suit, grey gloves, grey boots, a green bandanna, and a black face mask. Easy enough?

You bet it is!:bigthumbu

While I don't like having characters dress up as a different character, there's just not many noteworthy Peach costumes. The Mario Strikers outfit represents the many sports game spin offs the Mario franchise has had, but there's a slight problem. How exactly will Peach float without a long dress or gown? It'd look really odd to see Peach float while wearing short shorts... Though I suppose Peach could do with a remodeled sky blue dress and an emo-like haircut to mimic Rosalina.

What about that biker outfit she wears in Mario Kart Wii? It makes Peach look good without having to expose some skin for no apparent reason. That way, she would at least be on par with Zamus in the eye-candy department.;) Also, I believe that her floating ability is part of her seldom-used magical powers. Besides, seeing her prance around in a jumpsuit would make her look funny.:chuckle:

Simple enough. WarioWare Inc. + Overalls, just like it is in Brawl.

Of couurse, it is simple. He's the trendsetter, remember?

The only other option would be Donkey Kong Jr. which has that incredibly dumb looking white spandex suit. While Donkey Kong Jr. has the only real Donkey Kong costume change over the years, Funky Kong would be a nice costume to have. Funky Kong throughout the Donkey Kong franchise has helped DK on the sidelines by offering rides to the next area or by giving him tips. Funky Kong also has the same body type as Donkey Kong, so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary or weird to see Donkey Kong mimicking a fellow primate.

Considering that Funky has quasi-null chances of being in the roster, this option actually intrigues me...

King K. Rool is a shoe in for SSB4 and Kaptain K. Rool was the coolest costume K Rool ever used. I believe he had some sort of scientist costume in DKC3, but it's a general concensus that Ninjas > Pirates > Scientists. But K Rool can't pull off the Ninja thing, so he's fine as a pirate.

Actually, I would like to see him use all of his costumes(even the boxing one). He is a master of disguises, after all.

Simple enough. The current and first costume will be the most updated design according to the most recent StarFox game preceding production of SSB4. The second costume will be based on Fox's original outfit and be given sunglasses, much like his father James McCloud.

A tad minimalistic, but okay.:ohwell:

Pajama Ness would be cool, but everyone here should agree that robo disguise Ness would be the best option. However, there's the problem that the oddly shaped robo disguise would change Ness's size. The trick would be to make the robo outfit without changes Ness's size.

Actually, I would like to see pajama Ness. It would be funny to see him fight dressed like this.:chuckle:

Old Snake costume. Pretty typical, I suppose.

Come to think of it, this may be fitting, considering that Metal Gear Solid 4 is the last game in the series for him to appear in(theoretically).

I really have no idea as to what they could have as a costume. Any ideas guys?

How about some Balloon Fighter costumes for them? The Balloon Fight theme tends to be associated to their stage, for some reason.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Should Zamus be buffed, nerfed, or kicked out? I really don't know what to think of her.
Keep her. Screw history and importance, maybe give her a little buff (along with regular Samus). Also, maybe change Samus and Zamus's Final Smashes so that they don't involve changing into each other permanently.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't want Link to have a bomb arrow. That would be broken, unless it has low damage and knockback.

I'd like to see Ness in his pajamas yay!

Nayib_x3

Smash Cadet
You know what's weird about C. Falcon's costume (I know this may be a little off topic, it's in SSB64 that I noticed it)

When you play as default-colored Falcon, he's purple. But when you play teams, he turns blue. I personally think it looks just about the same. I barely noticed until I tried texture hacking. Hmm... maybe I'm just slow.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well Samus should definetly be buffed I guess with abit more projectile power, as for Zero Suit I could care less as long as Samus doesn't come back with her current FS, then I'm all good.

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
Wolf New B moves idea (he merges with falco in my ideal SSB4):

B: Hyper Laser (similar to current blaster, except he has two of them and he can charge them to make them a homing blast [charge would be similar to jet hammer, in that he can't store the charge but move with the charged lasers].)

B>: Barrel Roll (rolls forward, reflecting projectiles)

B^: Somersault/U turn (similar to current up B, except no fire damage, extremely powerful kick at peak height)

Bv: Reflect Waves (Starts similarly to his current reflect attack, but the waves travel forward as projectiles in their own right)

Bair: Same as falco's forward smash

Final Smash: Star wolf team

gantrain05

Smash Master
Wolf New B moves idea (he merges with falco in my ideal SSB4):

B: Hyper Laser (similar to current blaster, except he has two of them and he can charge them to make them a homing blast [charge would be similar to jet hammer, in that he can't store the charge but move with the charged lasers].)

B>: Barrel Roll (rolls forward, reflecting projectiles)

B^: Somersault/U turn (similar to current up B, except no fire damage, extremely powerful kick at peak height)

Bv: Reflect Waves (Starts similarly to his current reflect attack, but the waves travel forward as projectiles in their own right)

Bair: Same as falco's forward smash

Final Smash: Star wolf team
ok just to point out a few things that don't make sense here

1. wolfs B^ doesn't do fire damage, so... that wouldn't change anything, and he already does a powerful kick at the end of the attack so u didn't change anything about that
2. reflect waves? seriously if thats not the most broken technique i've ever heard of i don' know what is, a reflector that just expands out like a normal projectile? how would anyone get close?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
2. reflect waves? seriously if thats not the most broken technique i've ever heard of i don' know what is, a reflector that just expands out like a normal projectile? how would anyone get close?
One thing they can do is make it to where the reflector has to stay out for a while. Since wolf is a risky character, it would make sence as it fits into his playstyle. There may also be a time limit where her can only do it for so long.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Every year, the jump button saves millions of lives.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking for Krystal to declone the OBVIOUS Reflector she'll have. (Come on, we all know and resent why Sakurai MUST give every StarFox character a Reflector)

Pressing Down B would make the Reflector revolve around Krystal for three seconds. I mean, she does have psychic powers or telepathy... What's telekinesis to add to that? I suppose she'd control it and have it revolve around her for three seconds before returning. While it revolves, Krystal can perform any other action, such as shield (Reflector + Shield = Uber Defense?) jump, attack, etc. Krystals Reflector won't cause any damage.

Basically, her reflector would be a lot more defensive than offensive. Fox's and Falco's Reflectors are really offensive (Fox moreso than Falco), and Wolf's Reflector just sucks. So I guess it's kinda decloned...

majora_787

Smash Hero
I was thinking for Krystal to declone the OBVIOUS Reflector she'll have. (Come on, we all know and resent why Sakurai MUST give every StarFox character a Reflector)

Pressing Down B would make the Reflector revolve around Krystal for three seconds. I mean, she does have psychic powers or telepathy... What's telekinesis to add to that? I suppose she'd control it and have it revolve around her for three seconds before returning. While it revolves, Krystal can perform any other action, such as shield (Reflector + Shield = Uber Defense?) jump, attack, etc. Krystals Reflector won't cause any damage.

Basically, her reflector would be a lot more defensive than offensive. Fox's and Falco's Reflectors are really offensive (Fox moreso than Falco), and Wolf's Reflector just sucks. So I guess it's kinda decloned...
I'm sorry? You think Fox's reflector is more of a weapon than Falco, when Falco's is actually made to be a weapon? o_o Wow, there IS something wrong with Krystal fans.

Also, no to Wolf having Reflector waves on both sides. No, no no no no no no no no. No.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I'm gonna post my roster.

MARIO SERIES

MARIO
LUIGI
PEACH
BOWSER
JR

DK/YOSHI/WARIO SERIES

DK
DIDDY
K.ROOL
YOSHI
WARIO
CAPTAIN SYRUP

ZELDA SERIES

LINK
ZELDA/SHEIK
GANONDORF
TOON LINK
SKULL KID

POKEMON SERIES

PIKACHU
JIGGLYPUFF
PKMN TRAINER
LUCARIO
MEWTWO

KIRBY SERIES

KIRBY
METAKNIGHT
DEDEDE

METROID SERIES

SAMUS/ZERO-SUIT
RIDLEY

STARFOX SERIES

FOX
FALCO
KRYSTAL
WOLF

MOTHER SERIES

NESS
LUCAS
NINTEN

FIRE EMBLEM SERIES

IKE
MARTH
LYN

AND THE REST

CAPTAIN FALCON
OLIMAR
CAPTAIN RAINBOW
CHIBI-ROBO
STAFY
LIP
TOM NOOK
ICE CLIMBERS
SUKAPON
PIT
BALLOON FIGHTER
R.O.B.
MR GAME AND WATCH
RUKA (FATAL FRAME 4)
SNAKE
SONIC

Please tell me what you think.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm gonna post a JOKE ROSTER that me and my friends made, and I'll just point out what I would use.

The characters on it I would actually like to see are...

Claus
Black Shadow
Dark Samus
Darknut
Dark Knight
Animal Crosser
Birdo
Bogmire
Deathborn
Sothe
Eliwood
Ridley (All three forms)
Bowser Jr.
Any MpH hunter, I put all of them.
General Scales (LOL.)
Primid
Gray Fox
Leon
Ghor
Rundas
Shadow Mario (Bowser Jr. Transformation)
Oni Link
Psycho Mantis
Deoxys
Armored Mewtwo
Zant
Isaac
Lyn
Geno
K. Rool
Krystal
Chuck Norris
Majora's Wrath

This list. See it? These are the ONLY characters on the roster I take ANY responsibility for, because they are the ONLY characters I put on the roster.

ANYBODY who blames me for something I DID NOT ADD will be ignored. Like MpH.

Edit: TECHNICALLY I also added the actual characters as they were confirmed on the dojo. But hey. I had to keep all of the real contenders.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry? You think Fox's reflector is more of a weapon than Falco, when Falco's is actually made to be a weapon? o_o Wow, there IS something wrong with Krystal fans.

Also, no to Wolf having Reflector waves on both sides. No, no no no no no no no no. No.
Do you forget that Fox's Reflector is much faster than any other Reflector in the game, and that because of the quick start up and it's knockback, it's capable of spiking? Since when has Falco been able to spike with his Reflector, let alone Wolf?

Fox's Reflector is the fastest of the three and easily the best. At higher damage percents it's easily capable of spiking with its increased knockback. It also allows for some combos at lower percents.

Falco's Reflector does more damage, but it's knockback at higher percentages is still crap. It's use is in comboing and its range. However it is the slowest of the three, but stays out for a nice amount of time.

Wolf's Reflector is just crap. Slower than Fox's. Doesn't do as much knockback as Fox's. Has little use of comboing since ending lag is pretty severe for a short range Reflector.

Know this, I'm not a Krystal fan. I could hardly care less if another StarFox got a rep, since my big three StarFox picks are already in Smash. However, I do know Fox's is still by far the most offensive of the Reflectors. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that Falco's can't spike.

EDIT:

Okay, I'm getting tired of this. Why the hell do people INSIST on Black Knight being in Smash? Seriously. It's as if they DON'T want Ganondorf to be decloned. Ike almost makes a heavier, stronger swordsman character in Smash rediculously pointless.

Ganondorf and Black Knight. Both are heavier than Ike. Both SHOULD use their long range swords. Both are slow. What exactly's the point in having TWO?

Exactly, Black Knight is stupid and would repeat a niche that would be covered by Ganondorf and Ike already.

Black Knight Fan: BUT WE NEED AN FE VILLAIN! *is shot*

No. We. Don't. FE is a financially small series and chances are we'll have 3 FE reps in SSB4 6 years down the road. In 6 years it's quite likely that FE12 and FE13 could be made, and the Lord there would take the 3rd spot. What then would be the point of including a 6 year old villain from apast FE game. Yeah, you guessed it. NONE.

People forget that Sakurai doesn't want many clones or people that do the same thing. They also forget that this game is being developed SIX YEARS FROM NOW. HAL isn't working on it now, but may start when the next Nintendo home console is made. Give the roster some breathing room for the next 5 - 6 years of video games.

Also, why do people suggest Shadow Mario transformation to Bowser Jr.? Shadow Mario IS Bowser Jr. They both have the SAME ABILITIES. Shadow Mario isn't a more athletic form either. Shadow Mario was merely a DISGUISE in Sunshine to frame Mario. All those cutscenes you saw with Shadow Mario making acrobatic leaps? Yeah, Bowser Jr. can do the same crap.

Shadow Mario has since NEVER appeared in a game following Sunshine. Why? Because there's no need to frame Mario anymore.

Do you see Wario getting a Down B transformation for his overalls costume? NO. Because Wario Ware Wario = Overalls Wario. THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE IN ABILITY.

teen-robot

Smash Cadet
totally agreement:)
only we need a villianfrom FE indeed,the chances of deleting of older ones of brawl...
in the 6 years from now there lotsa games made i guess
FE12/13 ? marth would be deleted,he is prehistoric by then
and ike would be in his older stronger heavyer version

The_RMF

Smash Rookie
Some Final Fantasy characters wouldn't hurt... Just cost $$

The Online gameplay could be like the most of online games for PC.
With a Server-type of play.

The Online play could have the options:
(Change Name)
(New Game)
(Search Game)
(Join Game - Random Server)

Also, more then 4 characters at a time (IN SOME STAGES ONLY) would be pretty sweet, maybe 8 or 6?

It could have two types of Adventure mode:
The subscpace emisarry type of Adventure-
and
Series Adventure.
You choose one of the following series to play the adventure mode on: (They shouldn't be TOOO long like the original games)
Mario Series (You could play as Mario to save the princess from bowser, SSB style)
Legend of Zelda Series (Collect the triforce or save zelda, or w/e, LINK PWNS)
Metroid meets Dreamland (Complete Mario or Zelda series adventure) *The Metroid specie invades Dreamland, bouty hunter Samus is sent there, where she meets Kirby,
bla bla bla.. you know the rest*

and ofc, more chars, we all love tons of characters to kick a**!!!!

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
IVALICE MOOGLE representing square?

ok, so a couple reasons why ivalice moogle is a good choice:

1. specific final fantasy characters only represent ONE game
2. sora/riku only represent kingdom hearts
3. moogles are a mascot for ALL of square. they are featured in KH and FF and make other appearances
4. the most recent advents of moogles have been ivalice moogles, which are more combatant than other versions, as well as cuter AND cooler (imo)
5. chocobos are ALSO a big mascot, but they don't appear outside of chocobo tales and FF, really

possibilities:

1. numerous job abilities from tactics advance games (black magic, time magic, animism, etc)
2. chocobo rush final smash, famfrit (the moogle totema), time magic, gadgeteer final smash
3. juggle could catch items and throw them back for higher damage (like a reflector), with different arcs for each projectile/item
4. wings allow for multiple jumps
5. the signature moogle squeaks when they're hit/attack? :p
6. a lightweight character with lots of varying attacks and a good recovery
7. um... uair bon-bon strike, anyone? XD

will probably post more stuff later.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Bomb Arrows. I'm not ****ing kidding you.
Great idea!

Power Suit Samus needs to be slightly bumped, Zamus should remain the same and they should make it like this:

4 Power Suit Samus costumes
4 Zamus costumes

That way people don't have to enter codes or do the Final Smash to get her.

IVALICE MOOGLE representing square?
I don't understand how people want Squaresoft/Enix characters... I know Geno is but it was a Nintendo/Enix collaboration creation of a character.
Moogles are purely square.

Speaking of a Enix/Nintendo team up...
Will someone confirm to me if this:

Is a total myth?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Do you forget that Fox's Reflector is much faster than any other Reflector in the game, and that because of the quick start up and it's knockback, it's capable of spiking? Since when has Falco been able to spike with his Reflector, let alone Wolf?

Fox's Reflector is the fastest of the three and easily the best. At higher damage percents it's easily capable of spiking with its increased knockback. It also allows for some combos at lower percents.

Falco's Reflector does more damage, but it's knockback at higher percentages is still crap. It's use is in comboing and its range. However it is the slowest of the three, but stays out for a nice amount of time.

Wolf's Reflector is just crap. Slower than Fox's. Doesn't do as much knockback as Fox's. Has little use of comboing since ending lag is pretty severe for a short range Reflector.

Know this, I'm not a Krystal fan. I could hardly care less if another StarFox got a rep, since my big three StarFox picks are already in Smash. However, I do know Fox's is still by far the most offensive of the Reflectors. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that Falco's can't spike.

EDIT:

Okay, I'm getting tired of this. Why the hell do people INSIST on Black Knight being in Smash? Seriously. It's as if they DON'T want Ganondorf to be decloned. Ike almost makes a heavier, stronger swordsman character in Smash rediculously pointless.

Ganondorf and Black Knight. Both are heavier than Ike. Both SHOULD use their long range swords. Both are slow. What exactly's the point in having TWO?

Exactly, Black Knight is stupid and would repeat a niche that would be covered by Ganondorf and Ike already.

No. We. Don't. FE is a financially small series and chances are we'll have 3 FE reps in SSB4 6 years down the road. In 6 years it's quite likely that FE12 and FE13 could be made, and the Lord there would take the 3rd spot. What then would be the point of including a 6 year old villain from apast FE game. Yeah, you guessed it. NONE.

People forget that Sakurai doesn't want many clones or people that do the same thing. They also forget that this game is being developed SIX YEARS FROM NOW. HAL isn't working on it now, but may start when the next Nintendo home console is made. Give the roster some breathing room for the next 5 - 6 years of video games.

Also, why do people suggest Shadow Mario transformation to Bowser Jr.? Shadow Mario IS Bowser Jr. They both have the SAME ABILITIES. Shadow Mario isn't a more athletic form either. Shadow Mario was merely a DISGUISE in Sunshine to frame Mario. All those cutscenes you saw with Shadow Mario making acrobatic leaps? Yeah, Bowser Jr. can do the same crap.

Shadow Mario has since NEVER appeared in a game following Sunshine. Why? Because there's no need to frame Mario anymore.

Do you see Wario getting a Down B transformation for his overalls costume? NO. Because Wario Ware Wario = Overalls Wario. THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE IN ABILITY.
I won't lie, I had NO excuse as to why I put the Black Knight on there. ^^

Shiek is Zelda's disguise to hide from Ganondorf.
Shadow Mario is Bowser Jr's disguise to frame Mario.

However, I just think Shadow Mario looks cooler.

The roster wasn't made in all seriousness, it was made to see how many random characters we could shove on a roster before adding Chuck Norris.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016

Probably because the Black Knight is Ike's enemy? And Ike is an awesome character.

BUT that's not a reason, as you mentioned, Fire Emblem does NOT need villians in Smash, AT ALL. Unless it is a constant-appearance villian like Bowser, Ganondorf of King Dedede.

And I agree, it's most likely that the third spot will get it the new FE Hero.

And now that you mention that... if long time passes, and some game restarring Ike doesn't happens... do you think he'll be taken out in favor of the new Fire Emblem crew?

Agi

Smash Lord
Probably because the Black Knight is Ike's enemy? And Ike is an awesome character.

BUT that's not a reason, as you mentioned, Fire Emblem does NOT need villians in Smash, AT ALL. Unless it is a constant-appearance villian like Bowser, Ganondorf of King Dedede.

And I agree, it's most likely that the third spot will get it the new FE Hero.

And now that you mention that... if long time passes, and some game restarring Ike doesn't happens... do you think he'll be taken out in favor of the new Fire Emblem crew?
... Did you even have to ask?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
totally agreement:)
only we need a villianfrom FE indeed,the chances of deleting of older ones of brawl...
in the 6 years from now there lotsa games made i guess
FE12/13 ? marth would be deleted,he is prehistoric by then
and ike would be in his older stronger heavyer version
First, it goes back to trying to argue that "we need this character". You never need one. There are plenty of Nintendo characters to go around. Second, every franchise doesn't need a villia and this is a major misconception. Characters need to be added if they are wanted/important/unique. This doesn't mean we can just add anyone, and it also doesn't mean we need a villain for every franchise. King K. Rool is a good pick becuase people want to see him and he is a very predominate character. Black Shadow is a good pick becuase he is (somewhat) popular and plays a big roll in the F-Zero world (see GX). Black Knight is a character from two games. FE has MANY villains, and some more popular then others.

The big problem with FE is it has few recurring characters. This is why we see lords more then anything else. Because the characters swap out, the main guys are what we see on the box, not the runner ups.

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
I think on this one, they should improve the stage maker, add more sonic characters, make way more stages and include some from SS64 or SSBM such as Fountain of Dreams or Poke Floats.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
... Did you even have to ask?
Bravo, Did you had to jump into conclusions so fast?

I'd now prefer the new Fire Emblem cast to be in the next Smash. Keeping Marth, and if possible, Ike.

Let me guess... you like Black Knight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom