• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord

This one's kind of hard to choose. By far, Dry Bowser would be cooler to have as a costume, but it comes with some problems. This creates major graphical problems when Dry Bowser grabs a Smash Ball... He turns into a Giga Bowser with skin? Having Dry Bowser would mean there would also need to be TWO very different looking Giga Bowser skins. Whereas Rookie, the brainwashed Bowser in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, would only need a bandanna graphic on Giga Bowser. I mean, it comes down to very cool, but very time consuming Dry Bowser + Dry Giga Bowser or the easier and much less cool Rookie outfit...

Dry Giga wouldn't that hard to make. Besides Dry Bowser has been in 2 great selling mario games. The New Super Mario Bros and Mario Kart. Plus not alot of people know Rookie, and if they saw the two Dry Bowser is more appealing.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
2. Command isn't even canon."
Actually, it is canon, however, none of the endings are canon. If I recall, the next Starfox game will use elements of the plot for its plot. Basically, it makes the Anglar storyline the first to expand over two games.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Actually, it is canon, however, none of the endings are canon. If I recall, the next Starfox game will use elements of the plot for its plot. Basically, it makes the Anglar storyline the first to expand over two games.
Only one ending is canon. I believe it was the one where Krystal joined Star Wolf. I don't remember.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Only one ending is canon. I believe it was the one where Krystal joined Star Wolf. I don't remember.
Nope, none of them are. Although, chances are some elements of some of the endings will become canon (ie. Amanda joining Starfox, Marcus' existence (hopefully without the cinnomon bun hair), Starwolf's name being cleared, and Slippy gettign married).

majora_787

Smash Hero
Nope, none of them are. Although, chances are some elements of some of the endings will become canon (ie. Amanda joining Starfox, Marcus' existence (hopefully without the cinnomon bun hair), Starwolf's name being cleared, and Slippy gettign married).
I got this off of some official something...it was either the SFC website, the nintendo website, or an interview. I don't know, but it said that if a sequel was made it would follow one ending in particular. Either perfectly or with some changes.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Y'know, just throwing it out there, but if you need a good IC alt suit or something of the like, Baby Mario/Baby Luigi could work quite fine. Of course the ice may have to turn into fire for two of their attacks, but if you have someone like Doc as Mario's alt, I don't think its that much of a problem. =/

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
But she's never going to appear again. Unless you want to get into the really nitty-gritty technicalities like Malon and Talon or Impa, who've all appeared in numerous Zelda games, there's no other character that's consistently appeared in so many games and is as unique as Tingle.

As for the haters, well...I address that below.
Well, Anumoa(spelling?) has said that he might add Minda in another game if people wanted that, so it's not farfetch'd, not to mention Sheik has only been in OoT.

I'd actually love to see Tingle playable, but doubtful that will ever happen.

Or...not. VGChartz really isn't that reliable of a source...
Naw, it's actually pretty good. While not perfect, they are usually on track with what other outlets (like the NPD) say.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well, Anumoa(spelling?) has said that he might add Minda in another game if people wanted that, so it's not farfetch'd, not to mention Sheik has only been in OoT.

I'd actually love to see Tingle playable, but doubtful that will ever happen.

Naw, it's actually pretty good. While not perfect, they are usually on track with what other outlets (like the NPD) say.
I dunno, Tingle might be playable. But I think that he will be removed like the Tamagon trophy was removed in Melee.

Tamagon = Removed from the US version of melee for religious references.
Tingle = Removed from the US version because they're homophobic.

...Just my two cents.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, Tingle might be playable. But I think that he will be removed like the Tamagon trophy was removed in Melee.

...Just my two cents.
Tingle is gay? What the f*ck? I didn't know that (I don't play many LoZ games; I just thought he's stupid and annoying).

Also, after the Super Smash Bros. Generation kinda failed, what about Super Smash Bros. Mayhem?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

...Just my two cents.
They wont do this, I assure you. Sakurai tried tio limit the number of Japanese only characters so the western world wouldn't feel out of place. In the same vein, he wont add Tingle becuase a big section of the gaming world hates him.

Forget it I give up. Its thinking that any character can get in simply because he or she is popular among forum-goers that will be the downfall of Smash Bros. *sigh
*sigh*
Look, there is a difference between a few forum goes, and a heck of a lot of people. Krystal IS a popular character. The fact that you deny this in the face of over whelming evidence is astounding at the least. She has always been popular. From Nsiders to here, people want to see the character.

Your problem is two fold.
1)Your not objective. I have siad a lot on why I don't think Baby Mario Bros or Claus wont get in, but I'd be happy to see AND play with them (I'd actually wouldn't mind Baby Mario as a character). I like the characters; however, I can say that this character isn't popular enough with fans, or this characters isn't a good choice. It's obvious you can't do this. It's clear you hate Krystal. If you want to do a big project that will "change everyone's mind" then you have to truly be objective.
2)You wont listen. Even after everyone gave a long list of reasons why the character is popular you say "Forget it, Enjoy Furry Bros". The hypocrisy of it is your trying to change people's minds, but you wont take the time and listen to them in return. Not everyone who wants Krystal is a furry (and it seems you beleive this.....) and people think she'd be a fun and interesting character. People want her, and people have good reason for wanting a 4th Starfox character, but you wont give them the light of day. You your going to try and change people minds then you better listen to what they think in the first place.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Star Fox Adventures -----> Star Fox Assault

Krystal joins the Star Fox team, making a major story change throughout the series.

I'm surprised you didn't catch yourself.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Tingle is gay? What the f*ck? I didn't know that (I don't play many LoZ games; I just thought he's stupid and annoying).

Also, after the Super Smash Bros. Generation kinda failed, what about Super Smash Bros. Mayhem?
He's not gay, but he fits the american stereotype of a gay person.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Star Fox Adventures -----> Star Fox Assault

Krystal joins the Star Fox team, making a major story change throughout the series.

I'm surprised you didn't catch yourself.
That's not what I meant. What I meant is that the enemy is the same in two games without any time skips.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Alright my 3 wishes... Issac, Crono, and chargeable Arials.
Isaac FTW.
Chargable aerials wouldn't be horrible, I suppose.

Which series' should have more reps? Any1 give your thoughts...
Mario's universe deserves more reps IMO. As long as they don't start to milk it with Magikoopas, Bob-Ombs, Daisy, and the guys from Nimbusland.

In order to make the characters "balanced", I'd try experimenting like this.

Snake--decreasing tilt damage by about two percent might do it for me. Maybe SLIGHTLY shorter range.

Link--forget adhering to Twilight Princess' Link, give him a better jump.

Pikachu--lag after Thunder

P.T--Nothing.

Samus--Give her a single move with decent KO-worthy knockback.

Falcon--Increase range by about 15-20 percent.

Diddy--decrease attack power.

Jiggly--increase rest knockback.

I think it would balance things out nicely.
All the things I quoted are solid ideas.

Also, I really hope Andross (StarFox 64) becomes a boss character. I could imagine the battle to be similar to a fight with Crazy Hand and Master Hand, but with a figure head above you as well.

Andross uses his two hands just like Master Hand and Crazy Hand does and attacks with his head too. Intense plot twist! The ungloved Master Hand and Crazy Hand ARE Andross's hands!

It'd be a cool plot twist, but I like the rather omnipotent feeling from the Master Hand and Crazy Hand as they are... Perhaps after beating Andross, a cutscene shows you about to get squashed, but Master Hand and Crazy Hand duel with Andross for power over the Galactic Evil Federation. Then Master Hand and Crazy Hand get in a two on two crazy-*** thumb wrestle fight with Andross.

Or maybe not.
Andross would be epic.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Mario and the Doc are back in business.

Dr. Mario would be good for Mario's alternate outfit.

While I don't like having characters dress up as a different character, there's just not many noteworthy Peach costumes. The Mario Strikers outfit represents the many sports game spin offs the Mario franchise has had, but there's a slight problem. How exactly will Peach float without a long dress or gown? It'd look really odd to see Peach float while wearing short shorts... Though I suppose Peach could do with a remodeled sky blue dress and an emo-like haircut to mimic Rosalina.

Ever considered Peach's outfit from Super Mario Sunshine? She wears a sleeveless dress, no gloves, and has a ponytail in that game.

Strikers outfit is a no go.

I've been thinking of Rosalina as a separate character rather than an outfit swap.

This one's kind of hard to choose. By far, Dry Bowser would be cooler to have as a costume, but it comes with some problems. This creates major graphical problems when Dry Bowser grabs a Smash Ball... He turns into a Giga Bowser with skin? Having Dry Bowser would mean there would also need to be TWO very different looking Giga Bowser skins. Whereas Rookie, the brainwashed Bowser in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, would only need a bandanna graphic on Giga Bowser. I mean, it comes down to very cool, but very time consuming Dry Bowser + Dry Giga Bowser or the easier and much less cool Rookie outfit...

Dry Bowser would work. For the Final Smash, when you look at Wario, he became Wario Man regardless of his outfit choice. I'm sure that it'll be the same manner for Bowser if he uses the Dry Bowser outfit.

Rookie however, forget it.

Simple enough. WarioWare Inc. + Overalls, just like it is in Brawl.

That should obviously stay. Final Smash would still be Wario Man.

King K. Rool is a shoe in for SSB4 and Kaptain K. Rool was the coolest costume K Rool ever used. I believe he had some sort of scientist costume in DKC3, but it's a general concensus that Ninjas > Pirates > Scientists. But K Rool can't pull off the Ninja thing, so he's fine as a pirate.

Kaptain K. Rool works good for King K. Rool's alternate outfit.

His alter ego in DKC3 was Baron K. Roolenstein, but apparently I had little interest in that outfit.

Simple enough. The current and first costume will be the most updated design according to the most recent StarFox game preceding production of SSB4. The second costume will be based on Fox's original outfit and be given sunglasses, much like his father James McCloud.

Aren't you forgetting Fox's appearance from Star Fox Assault?

The current and first costume will be the most updated design according to the most recent StarFox game preceding production of SSB4. The second outfit is Falco as he appears in StarFox adventures. He could also optionally have his classic StarFox 64 outfit, of which I don't have a picture of.

Same as Fox; Assault outfit?

Marth has basically two options... He could use Roy's armor and headband as a costume, or he could use his promoted outfit if FE3 is remade. While FE1 is being remade for the DS, Marth's promotion would still look a lot like what he wears now, so it wouldn't be worth it to be a costume change. BTW, I'm not very supportive of Roy returning in SSB4. Roy was both a disappointment in Melee and in FE6. At the very least, Marth could don his armor for those fans who get wet with anticipation for Roy...

Roy is better as a separate character than an alternate outfit in my view.

Old Snake costume. Pretty typical, I suppose.

Seeing as MGS4 is where Solid Snake's conclusion lies, his outfit from MGS4 should be his alternate outfit.

Sonic's another problem when dealing with costumes. He's had tons of forms and he also has many look-alikes in his series... There's Sonic Unleashed, Sonic and the Black Knight, Darkspine Sonic, Sonic Riders, and Mecha Sonic, Silver, Shadow, and Amy are look a likes. IMO, a costume should come from the latest game immediately preceding when SSB4 goes into production.

Sonic could have color swaps so that he'd look similar to Shadow and Silver, maybe even Jet.
Comments are inside the quote.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I wish the one where Fox and Falco join F-Zero was canon. Star Fox/F-Zero crossover, please?

IMario's universe deserves more reps IMO. As long as they don't start to milk it with Magikoopas, Bob-Ombs, Daisy, and the guys from Nimbusland.
Yeah. The only possible remaining Mario reps are Paper Mario & Partners (Partner Swap done with down-b) and Baby Mario Bros. (IC-Style team).

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Doctor Mario would NOT be a good alternate costume for Mario.
The Doc doesn't use FLUDD.
I don't understand everyone's personal vendetta against clones is.
We have three Starfox characters, and they are all clones of eachother.

For SSB4, I would like to see all the Melee characters back, plus replace Wolf with a different SF character, or REALLY change his moveset.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
The basic rule about costumes is that they should be merely aesthetic and shouldn't be any different than their regular costume. This means the costume can't make them change size and it shouldn't make them change gender either. IE: Paula costume for Ness... The character must still be the same with the outfit, but an outfit designed to look like another character is fine. IE: Donkey Kong wearing a costume that resembles the clothing worn by Funky Kong. Something that wouldn't be right would be Samus wearing a Dark Samus costume, because Dark Samus was the result of the Metroid Prime corrupting the stolen Phazon Suit from Samus with incredibly high amounts of phazon. Samus cannot wear a Dark Samus suit since Dark Samus's suit has been fused externally by the Metroid Prime.

Mario and the Doc are back in business.
This is good.

While I don't like having characters dress up as a different character, there's just not many noteworthy Peach costumes. The Mario Strikers outfit represents the many sports game spin offs the Mario franchise has had, but there's a slight problem. How exactly will Peach float without a long dress or gown? It'd look really odd to see Peach float while wearing short shorts... Though I suppose Peach could do with a remodeled sky blue dress and an emo-like haircut to mimic Rosalina.
Don't forget the Daisy one, but I'm sure you had that in mind almost automatically.

Dry Bowser would be sweet.

The Paper Mario: TTYD Yoshi hatchling would just be a regular Yoshi with hair and a broken eggshell for pseudo-pants. Boshi is situational and can be a tough choice to use. Boshi is probably a Square-Enix character, as it was created by them when they made SMRPG. Boshi's name in Japanese is also Washi, which is the portmanteau of Yoshi and Warui, which is Japanese for "bad". Boshi is Yoshi's answer to Mario's Wario. LIf we create a precedent to allow the evil doppelganger of each Mario character into Brawl, then what about Luigi's WaLuigi? Again, many people hate WaLuigi which is why WaLuigi is an AT rather than playable in Brawl. IMO, the Yoshi hatchling would be the safer option but would still be cool. Boshi, while cool, has some issues that come with the neat costume...
I can see Boshi, but the little Yoshi would bring some proportion issues. I'm sure it could be handled easily, though.

The only other option would be Donkey Kong Jr. which has that incredibly dumb looking white spandex suit. While Donkey Kong Jr. has the only real Donkey Kong costume change over the years, Funky Kong would be a nice costume to have. Funky Kong throughout the Donkey Kong franchise has helped DK on the sidelines by offering rides to the next area or by giving him tips. Funky Kong also has the same body type as Donkey Kong, so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary or weird to see Donkey Kong mimicking a fellow primate.
I don't know why but I never liked the idea of Funky Kong in Smash at all, alt. costume of not... I just couldn't see him Meteor Smashing Lucario into KO, you know?

King K. Rool is a shoe in for SSB4 and Kaptain K. Rool was the coolest costume K Rool ever used. I believe he had some sort of scientist costume in DKC3, but it's a general concensus that Ninjas > Pirates > Scientists. But K Rool can't pull off the Ninja thing, so he's fine as a pirate.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
^^ K. Roolenstein or whatever his name is... his eye tick is on the opposite eye :p !!! haha..

and Link's 'dark' costume was based on TP's dark links or whatever right??? Did they all have the gale boomering and what not? If not--then why can't Dr. Mario use FLUDD?? And instead of fireballs they are pills. I think that with some characters the alt. costumes would have different graphics for attacks--but the attacks remain the same, just look different.

majora_787

Smash Hero
^^ K. Roolenstein or whatever his name is... his eye tick is on the opposite eye :p !!! haha..

and Link's 'dark' costume was based on TP's dark links or whatever right??? Did they all have the gale boomering and what not? If not--then why can't Dr. Mario use FLUDD?? And instead of fireballs they are pills. I think that with some characters the alt. costumes would have different graphics for attacks--but the attacks remain the same, just look different.
Dark Link is supposed to be able to outmatch Link's swordsmanship, and is also able to perform magic that surpasses Link's. Dark Link COULD use the boomerang if he is able to copy it with magic, which could very well be possible if he can copy the master sword.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Dark Link is supposed to be able to outmatch Link's swordsmanship, and is also able to perform magic that surpasses Link's. Dark Link COULD use the boomerang if he is able to copy it with magic, which could very well be possible if he can copy the master sword.
...And in the same train of thought, Dr. Mario COULD use F.L.U.D.D. since, y'know, he owns it. Considering the fact that Mario and Dr. Mario are the same person? :p

Either way, I can't see it creating a problem.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
Why does everyone seem to forget about Vaati for the LoZ series? He was the main boss for two Zelda games: Four Swords Adventures and The Minish Cap. He could also have a unique Final Smash by transforming into large eyes.

Vaati would be completely magic based and is the third most recurring villain after Ganondorf and Dark Link. We already have Ganondorf and Dark Link, and the next major ally addition would be a Toon Zelda/Tetra (UGH! No more Toon clones please...) or Tingle (UGH! I'm homophobic) Just kidding. Unless Midna will reappear as an ally in the next Zelda Wii game, she doesn't have that much better of a chance.

Besides, the only other way to go would be Skull Kid + Majora's Mask. Final Smash would be crashing the moon onto the stage?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Why does everyone seem to forget about Vaati for the LoZ series? He was the main boss for two Zelda games: Four Swords Adventures and The Minish Cap. He could also have a unique Final Smash by transforming into large eyes.

Vaati would be completely magic based and is the third most recurring villain after Ganondorf and Dark Link. We already have Ganondorf and Dark Link, and the next major ally addition would be a Toon Zelda/Tetra (UGH! No more Toon clones please...) or Tingle (UGH! I'm homophobic) Just kidding. Unless Midna will reappear as an ally in the next Zelda Wii game, she doesn't have that much better of a chance.

Besides, the only other way to go would be Skull Kid + Majora's Mask. Final Smash would be crashing the moon onto the stage?
Skull Kid was in three legend of zelda games and was important in two of them. So I suppose you could say he is TECHNICALLY more important than Vaati. Lol.

D

Deleted member

Marth has basically two options... He could use Roy's armor and headband as a costume, or he could use his promoted outfit if FE3 is remade. While FE1 is being remade for the DS, Marth's promotion would still look a lot like what he wears now, so it wouldn't be worth it to be a costume change. BTW, I'm not very supportive of Roy returning in SSB4. Roy was both a disappointment in Melee and in FE6. At the very least, Marth could don his armor for those fans who get wet with anticipation for Roy...

Second costume would be his MUCH cooler FE10 Vanguard promotion. His Vanguard form sports much more armor and looks much better than the FE9 Ranger class armor he uses in Brawl.
1)................O_o Geez. Does Roy Fanboyism go THIS far?

2)Yes! I loved Ike in Radiant Dawn. I support this 100 %

majora_787

Smash Hero
1)................O_o Geez. Does Roy Fanboyism go THIS far?

2)Yes! I loved Ike in Radiant Dawn. I support this 100 %
It goes that far with every character, for at least one person. Even Tingle.

I want to play Radiant Dawn...I've never played a Fire Emblem game... :urg:

D

Deleted member

I didn't. I would have liked to see Vaati.

It goes that far with every character, for at least one person. Even Tingle.

I want to play Radiant Dawn...I've never played a Fire Emblem game... :urg:
I know that, but when it comes to Roys, it goes TOO far. I never got a valid reason why Roy should have stayed.

I recommend it. If you like strategys, get it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Second costume would be his MUCH cooler FE10 Vanguard promotion. His Vanguard form sports much more armor and looks much better than the FE9 Ranger class armor he uses in Brawl.
I think the Vanguard look should be his default instead. It IS his most recent look after all.

I know you don't want the costumes to change the gender, but what if they weren't the character per se like the idea I posted a while back?

D

Deleted member

Doctor Mario would NOT be a good alternate costume for Mario.
The Doc doesn't use FLUDD.
I don't understand everyone's personal vendetta against clones is.
We have three Starfox characters, and they are all clones of eachother.

For SSB4, I would like to see all the Melee characters back, plus replace Wolf with a different SF character, or REALLY change his moveset.
No thanks except for maybe Mewtwo.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
but what if they weren't the character per se like the idea I posted a while back?
Becuase that's a bad idea and counter productive to the idea of smash.
Again, if they are doing to do what is a complete recolor, why not make a clone. It takes just as much time and gives an extra character.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
I've just had a great idea which could possibly finally bring Link out of the deadzone that is low tier that he's been in for the last three Smash games...

Bomb Arrows. I'm not ****ing kidding you.

Pull out a bomb with Down B. Now press B to pull back your bow with a bomb strapped on the end. Or press A to chuck it...

Great knockback and it deals 27% damage with a fully drawn bow. (Fully drawn bow is 18% and a bomb is 9%. Although if the damage seems to high, remember that knockback and damage would decrease according to how many bomb and arrow entries are in the stale moves list.)

Bomb Arrow sniping as an edgeguard? FTW!

D

Deleted member

I've just had a great idea which could possibly finally bring Link out of the deadzone that is low tier that he's been in for the last three Smash games...

Pull out a bomb with Down B. Now press B to pull back your bow with a bomb strapped on the end. Or press A to chuck it...

Great knockback and it deals 27% damage with a fully drawn bow. (Fully drawn bow is 18% and a bomb is 9%. Although if the damage seems to high, remember that knockback and damage would decrease according to how many bomb and arrow entries are in the stale moves list.)

I agree with this idea too. As long as you can still swich back to regular arrows i'm fine. I always had Bomb Arrows in Twilight Princess :p.

darkserenade

Smash Ace

I always wanted that in SSB, but even with the damage and knockback decreasing, it seems too high. 18% is reasonable in my opinion.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
Okay, well I guess it could work with like 21% - 23% damage, I suppose.

Regular Bow would just be pressing B.
Regular Bomb would just be pressing Down B and throwing with A.
Bomb Arrow would be pressing Down B and pressing B (Hero's Bow) to mount it on an arrow.

Bomb Arrows wouldn't mess with Link's moveset. =)

majora_787

Smash Hero

GENIUS.

10bombarrowheadshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom