• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Sonic's alternate costume can be Shadow. Pit's alternate costume can be Classic Pit (looks ugly as hell, but whatever).

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
SmashChu said:
Problem is Tingle has a mass amount of hatred against him so that one is out. Reason he's an AT. One reason I've never supported Midna is that the Zelda characters kind of come and go. However, she is surprisingly popular.
But she's never going to appear again. Unless you want to get into the really nitty-gritty technicalities like Malon and Talon or Impa, who've all appeared in numerous Zelda games, there's no other character that's consistently appeared in so many games and is as unique as Tingle.

As for the haters, well...I address that below.

ChronoBound said:
Go to VGChartz.
Or...not. VGChartz really isn't that reliable of a source...

hippochinfat!! said:
Look, Tingle is extremely unpopular. He's a minor character to begin with, hated by many and his games have only been released in Japan and one is just a very very rare balloon fighter game with him in it.
Tingle's Rosey Rupeeland was released in Europe. It's not my fault American's are so blatantly homophobic that one of history's timeless masterpieces is kept out of the country.

Oh, and all those people who hate him? Jealous. ;)

ChronoBound said:
Super Furry Bros. Yiff
DAY ONE PURCHASE MAN. DAY ONE PURCHASE.

SmashChu said:
/sarcasm Chief style
I'm never sarcastic. Seriously, I've meant every single word I've posted here. I really do hate all of you with a burning passion that rivals the sun itself in terms of sheer intensity. I honest-to-god want Krystal in the game so I can ogle me some fur-covered boobies. I truthfully am stalking everyone in this thread.

Bonus Round!: One of the above-listed facts is actually true.

EDIT - Also, kainsword: really good job with (most) of those costumes. A few notes from my perspective:

-HOLF F*CKING SH*T TUXEDO DEDEDE FOR THE MOTHERF*CKING WIN

-Putting Roy as Marth's double is a perfect idea...though it might be a bit weird for Roy to, in a quite dainty and feminine manner, brush away the hair from his o-so-lustrous eyes.

-A better option for Snake would be Liquid Snake, his evil twin. It could also be Big Boss, but either way I think Old Snake is pretty much the character most associated with Sony's PlayStation 3, so that probably wouldn't fly. (I know Metal Gear stuff that hasn't been on a Ninty console was in Brawl, but those were just stickers and stuff)

-Louie can easily be Olimar's second.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
Pit's rumored to have a new Wii game in the works. His main costume will likely be based on the reestablished series and the one made for brawl will become the alternate.

Oh and something that annoys me to hell, give Marth his **** Fire Emblem. Technically, he can't even wield the Falchion without the Fire Emblem. The Fire Emblem was a major part of FE1 and became an increasingly more important plot device in FE3.

^^^^
Marth's Fire Emblem shield...

Also VG Chartz has absolutely NOTHING on FE1DS.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I'm going to go with the part about Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland.
Clarification of the Bonus Round! is as follows:

The only three options you have are the three listed in this (quite elegant, I might add) passage:

Chief Mendez the Magnificent said:
I really do hate all of you with a burning passion that rivals the sun itself in terms of sheer intensity. I honest-to-god want Krystal in the game so I can ogle me some fur-covered boobies. I truthfully am stalking everyone in this thread.
Again, one of those statements is completely and totally true. Free coffee to the winner.

Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosey Rupeeland did ineed see release in PAL regions, and is quite the fun little adventure game, for those interested in importing it. ;)

kainsword said:
Pit's rumored to have a new Wii game in the works. His main costume will likely be based on the reestablished series and the one made for brawl will become the alternate.
The only truth to this rumor is that Factor 5 (the Rogue Squadron games, Lair) pitched the concept to Nintendo, along with some (in my completely right opinion) terribly westernized Pit designs.

So it's not all that likely, really.

Oh and something that annoys me to hell, give Marth his **** Fire Emblem. Technically, he can't even wield the Falchion without the Fire Emblem. The Fire Emblem was a major part of FE1 and became an increasingly more important plot device in FE3.
If this were to happen, they'd have to basically redo his moveset.

So probably not, but I do sort of agree. I mean, as the series progressed, the Fire Emblem usually showed up as just a little trinket that has some esoteric, plot-only purpose, so...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
You stalk all of us.
You now have -1 points.

All players with negative or zero points at the end of the Bonus Round! will receive a boot to the head, and no coffee.

Anyway, back to SSB4. What type of stages do you want to see the most? They don't have to do with a certain character, they can be like Final Destination or Battlefield.
I'd like to see a generic stage with a dip in the middle, like so:

_____. . . . . . . . . . ._______
\\\\\\\____________/

(Disregard the dots. And the slashes on the left)

This type of stage design is, as I've discovered through the magic of Stage Builder, quite the versatile layout.

Also they need to fix Final Destination's "lip". My Link and Wolf, and Ganondorf, and Samus, and Wario, and Lucario dies more from that stupid thing than from actual players most of the time.
Also Link's recovery sucks

ChronoBound said:
Forget it I give up. Its thinking that any character can get in simply because he or she is popular among forum-goers that will be the downfall of Smash Bros. *sigh*
Hey, lighten up man. That's an extreme over-exaggeration and you know it.

Besides, I don't think (or at least I'd like to think) that anybody who regularly posts in this thread (this goes double for those of us that post those wishlists) actually believe that even half of those new characters will be in the new game. It's just way too early to reasonably judge who has a good shot of getting in.

The next five years might have two amazing, series-redeeming StarFox games in which Krystal becomes a totally essential character in the series. Megaman as a series might collapse under the weight of it's carbon-copies. Zelda might not star Link.

I think we're all just here (though correct me if I'm wrong, anyone) to enjoy some nice, occasionally-heated and incredibly geeky debate about videogames.

It's not the end of the world.

EDIT - We're all also (or should be) aware that what goes on in websites like these often have very little to absolutely no effect on the development of a game.

Ilex

Smash Ace
You stalk all of us.

IT'S HAPPENING I TELL YOU!

...please?

Anyway, back to SSB4. What type of stages do you want to see the most? They don't have to do with a certain character, they can be like Final Destination or Battlefield.
I really want them to fix the character to stage ratio. I mean, why is there 5 stages to 4 characters(Mario) and 1 stage to 3 characters(Kirby, Star Fox)? Maybe I'm OCD but it seriously bugs me >.>

But anyways:
- Pokemon Colosseum (Sequel to Pokemon Stadium).
- Advance Wars map (Orange Star)? There could be random battles going on while you fight. Not neutral, but fun.
- Tetris stage. The only problem I see is that your character could get crushed between the blocks but they could add in wind to prevent that.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see every major franchise have two stages.
A neutral stage with no hazards that's well balanced with few or no platforms. Different inclines are fine. (Lylat Cruise, Smashville, etc)
And one quirky fun stage that can better represent the series. (Port Town Aero Dive, New Pork City, Castle Siege)

smashbot226

Smash Master
^ I like your Tetris stage idea, but it could also work like Poke Floats.

You see, players start on a straight horizontal block over a bottomless, walless pit. The bar slowly falls to the bottom, as other blocks fall above and alongside it.

I think you know where this is headed, right?

Anyway, my ideas:

-----------

Actually, these are mostly ones I thought of before Brawl, seeing as how the next Smash may not come out in, like, 6 years.

-----------

NAME: DK MOUNTAIN

GAME OF ORIGIN: MARIO KART: DOUBLE DASH

LOOK:

It's a slanted (To the right, although not extreme enough to slip off.) floor with two gaps equally apart from one another, with three medium-sized platforms higher above it. This map also has trees in the ceiling, able to slow your ascent into the sky, making horizontal K.O.'s much more recommendable. Occasionally, Koopas, Dry Bones, and maybe even Toadette's will drive through the bottom floor at a slow pace, about that of a Koopa Shell. Worse yet, they drive RIGHT over the gaps. Finally, DK Mountain, in essence, isn't a mountain- more like a VOLCANO!!!

Usually only ONCE per 2 minute matches, DK Mountain erupts, sending lava sliding along the lower ground, dragging any caught sap into the gaps or down the hill. Sure, stand on the platforms. Just hope you can dodge the rain of fiery rocks, too.

THIS STAGE WILL BE BANNED FO' SHO'.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I really want them to fix the character to stage ratio. I mean, why is there 5 stages to 4 characters(Mario) and 1 stage to 3 characters(Kirby, Star Fox)? Maybe I'm OCD but it seriously bugs me >.>
I'm tired and lazy: what exactly are those five stages? Because if you're counting Rainbow Ride, then you've gotta' count Whispy Woods and Green Greens for Kirby, and Corneria for SF.

- Tetris stage. The only problem I see is that your character could get crushed between the blocks but they could add in wind to prevent that.
Well, the Tetriminoes wouldn't ever fall very fast, and the ghost should be sufficient warning for most players, but if you got squished, you'd just get ejected to one side (whichever you're closer to) of the Tetrimino, and take some damage. It could work, and it's really a requirement, after teasing us with those two awesome Tetris tracks. :embarrass

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I've always wanted a stage based off of a Pokemon gym, myself. It will probably have more Gimmicks than WarioWare, but who cares? It'll be awesome.

And I've thought of a Tetris stage. I made one in the stage builder that turned out pretty well.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
And I've thought of a Tetris stage. I made one in the stage builder that turned out pretty well.
Sure, so have I. I think it's fun, but it has nothing on a Tetris stage that actually moves.

I actually really like the Poke'Floats-inspired idea, smashbot226. :bee:

Ilex

Smash Ace
I'm tired and lazy: what exactly are those five stages? Because if you're counting Rainbow Ride, then you've gotta' count Whispy Woods and Green Greens for Kirby, and Corneria for SF.
Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Circuit, Mushroomy Kingdom and Mario Bros. 5, 6 if you count Mushroomy Kingdom II.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Circuit, Mushroomy Kingdom and Mario Bros. 5, 6 if you count Mushroomy Kingdom II.
Weeeeeeeeeellll....I don't know if I'd count Mario Bros., as it's really more of a "retro" stage than anything...

But point taken.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
I love how this topic's posts get buried as soon as a new page starts. I had like two comments on what took me 6 or 7 hours of work to get together on the costume idea...

Makes me feel like Falcon Punching these boards...

I couldn't help but try to animate the Falcon Punch page from the page I gave a link to a while back... I hope I don't get in trouble for posting large images. :(

Ilex

Smash Ace
I'd like to see every major franchise have two stages.
A neutral stage with no hazards that's well balanced with few or no platforms. Different inclines are fine. (Lylat Cruise, Smashville, etc)
And one quirky fun stage that can better represent the series. (Port Town Aero Dive, New Pork City, Castle Siege)
This is a really good idea, Smash lacks good neutral stages.

Mario: A neutral Bowser's Ship stage and a fun Good Egg Galaxy stage. Plus one more stage for fanservice (Toad town for when Toad makes it SSB4? *shot*)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I love how this topic's posts get buried as soon as a new page starts. I had like two comments on what took me 6 or 7 hours of work to get together on the costume idea...
Dem's the breaks, man. :ohwell:

Stuff like that happens all the time, especially on this thread, as it tends to move at a pretty brisk clip once it gets rolling.

Now, just bookmark the page you posted that (really, once again a quite b*tchin') piece, and when the next n00b posts saying "it'd be super special awesome if every character had an alternate outift", repost it. This happens once or twice every ten or so pages, so you won't have to wait long. :)

Just please don't get sour about it and repost it in three pages to get more reaction out of it. It kind of makes people look bad when they do that...[/QUOTE]

LUV--God this is a really long username said:
bONUS round=You want Krystal in!
but NOT to oggle her booboos....
Close--but no cigar. I do indeed want Krystal in, but my reasoning is of the most utterly vulgar kind. :bee:

So since neither contestant has a score of above 0, you both get a free boot to the head.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I saw the costume idea.

Frankly, its great.

If you can change effects and audio sounds, your idea can be legit!

Oh, and by the way, I found this on Gamespot:

Originally posted by krystalfan4vr. He's a male, mind you:

KF4VR- "ZOMG I hope Krystal gets into Brawl! It'd be amazing!~"

smile- "Oh great, another furry."

KF4VR- "Don't diss Krystal, beeyotch!"

smile- "Heh, you only want her in to ogle her boobs, right?"

KF4VR- "No, you ignorant bum! She's important to the storyline of Star Fox! Ever played Command?"

nashville89- "1. Don't deny the boobs part. Everyone who wants her in only wants to ogle her boobs.

2. Command isn't even canon."

----------------
KF4VR didn't reply afterwards.

:laugh:

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't care if another StarFox gets a rep. I probably won't ever even use Krystal anyways.

Fox, Falco, and Wolf is what I hoped for in Smash, just as how I hoped for Kirby, MetaKnight, and Dedede in Smash. Anymore is fine, but besides those 3, there's really nothing that excited me about further appearances.

Also, I really hope Andross (StarFox 64) becomes a boss character. I could imagine the battle to be similar to a fight with Crazy Hand and Master Hand, but with a figure head above you as well.

Andross uses his two hands just like Master Hand and Crazy Hand does and attacks with his head too. Intense plot twist! The ungloved Master Hand and Crazy Hand ARE Andross's hands!

It'd be a cool plot twist, but I like the rather omnipotent feeling from the Master Hand and Crazy Hand as they are... Perhaps after beating Andross, a cutscene shows you about to get squashed, but Master Hand and Crazy Hand duel with Andross for power over the Galactic Evil Federation. Then Master Hand and Crazy Hand get in a two on two crazy-*** thumb wrestle fight with Andross.

Or maybe not.

Eldrake

Smash Lord

Mewtwo and the Armor Mewtwo from the first Pokemon Movie. The Armor Mewtwo sprite actually doesn't exist in a game, but rather I made it by editing the FRLG Mewtwo sprite a long while back, here. Right now, I think Mewtwo is the most deserving character to be in SSB4.
I am sorry to say this but...

Sakurai said that there will be no anime in brawl, this includes the horrible pokemon anime. Sorry, but if Mewtwo gets a alternate costume, it won't be this.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
kainsword said:
I personally don't care if another StarFox gets a rep. I probably won't ever even use Krystal anyways.
That's how I feel about it too. So whenever the subject comes up, I root fot the character with the most bonus assets, if you know what I mean.

Eldrake said:
Sakurai said that there will be no anime in brawl, this includes the horrible pokemon anime. Sorry, but if Mewtwo gets a alternate costume, it won't be this.
I believe he said something along the lines of "no characters that are from anime will be in it", but since Mewtwo's not from an anime specifically, they could make an exception in that case.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Forget it I give up. Its thinking that any character can get in simply because he or she is popular among forum-goers that will be the downfall of Smash Bros. *sigh
Come on dude, I lost some a lot of respect for you there (before and after you edited that). The fact that anyone disagrees with you on this large speculation thread of all things does not spell the downfall of anything.

Sheesh.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Its a game I amde up and its an idea for Sakurai I call it Super Smash Bros. Generation. But if you don't want to. that is fine by me.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Its a game I amde up and its an idea for Sakurai I call it Super Smash Bros. Generation. But if you don't want to. that is fine by me.
Edit button. He is your friend.

Okay I don't want to be involved in the krystal and leon conversation. But the armored Mewtwo idea is godly.

I'll just post characters I want and call it a day.

K. Rool (DK Antagonist.)
Dark Samus (NOT A SAMUS CLONE.)
Ridley (META RIDLEY!!! Geeze...)
Mewtwo (Armor plz)
Skull Kid
My MYM3 entry. :p
(TP Version)
Idc about 3rd party. Megaman, sure why not. But I draw the line at Bomberman.
Kamek. Yoshi rep.
Tabuu :D
If there has to be a Starfox rep, even if I don't think one is needed, I say Leon. For so many reasons.

majora_787

Smash Hero
or do any of you guys have stage ideas but I'll stop if you want me too.
Stages? So glad you asked. :D

Bring Big Blue back. NAO.
Metal Cave (SSB64)
Artifact Temple (Metroid Prime)
DDD's Castle (Kirby 64)
Fourside. Nao.
Gangplank Galleon I believe it was called?
Bowser's Castle. I have so many ideas for that stage.
Agon Wastes Temple (MP2)
The Hidden Village (Twilight Princess)

All I got... :ohwell:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Since we're talking about the upcoming Smash game, I just remembered something.

I've heard here(or somewhere else) that before Melee was released, a poll was organized to see which characters that fans would like to have the most. Some of the most popular choices were Wario, Pit and King Dedede, yet they didn't show up in melee except as trophies.

Fast forward to the present. We get Brawl and, lo and behold, Wario, Pit and King Dedede are in the starting roster!

When you consider that among the other characters in Sakurai's poll, several specific ones had 2 or more honorable mentions. While some characters were given more attention (Krystal, Geno, Takamaru, etc), others were put in their place instead(Toon Link being one of the worst offenders, even though I don't mind his presence). Not only that, but a few were given less notable roles(Ridley is a boss, Isaac is an AT). However, some of these Brawl roster additions were justified(Lucas was originally meant to be in Melee before his game got delayed, King Dedede was one of the most popular choices in the previous poll).

There is no point to keep sulking because "this character was supposed to be in" or "this character should have been taken out". It's just a game, so we should really just relax and indulge ourselves in the fanservice(not THAT kind of fanservice:embarrass) bliss that is Brawl(or the other games in the series, if you are so inclined).
As such, I must say to all of you to cross your fingers and hope that at least one of your favorite characters from the Brawl poll will be considered to be included in the next Smash's roster. If it isn't in the starting roster, it may most likely be in the hidden roster.

Keep smashing and hope for the best.:bigthumbu

majora_787

Smash Hero
...You made my super smash bros experience a little better with that statement. Seriously. That was awesome.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Well here are some stages.

Greenhorn Forest (Warioworld)
Krazoa Palace (Star Fox)
Comet Observatory (Super Mario Galaxy)
25m (Donkey Kong Arcade)
Toad Town (Paper Mario)

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Also this is a way how you could unlock King K. Rool. After this I'll stop.

Unlock King K. Rool: Play 578 Generation Matches, or have him join in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary, or complete the 200-Man Generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom