• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agi

Smash Lord
Bravo, Did you had to jump into conclusions so fast?

I'd now prefer the new Fire Emblem cast to be in the next Smash. Keeping Marth, and if possible, Ike.

Let me guess... you like Black Knight?
Honestly, I havent kept up to date with Fire Emblem. But it is unlikely that Ike will be kept if he doesnt reemerge. Remember Young Link? Mewtwo? Dr. Mario? They didn't have any new games between Melee and brawl, with the exception of Mewtwo. (But even then, that was a remake.)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Wall Of Death

And now that you mention that... if long time passes, and some game restarring Ike doesn't happens... do you think he'll be taken out in favor of the new Fire Emblem crew?
Marth is integral to the series, as he's the posterchild for the first game(s), and the original lord.

Similarly, Ike is the posterchild for 3D Fire Emblem, as well as Fire Emblem in the West (FE7 wasn't a great seller, and FE8 was just terrible). Also he's the only Lord to star in more than one game aside from Marth, so I think his spot's pretty solid.

KirbyWorshipper2565 said:
(not THAT kind of fanservice :embarrass)
Awww...

SmashChu said:
Well, Anumoa(spelling?) has said that he might add Minda in another game if people wanted that, so it's not farfetch'd, not to mention Sheik has only been in OoT.
Okay, I stand corrected. I remember him saying that, too.

SkylerOcon said:
I wish the one where Fox and Falco join F-Zero was canon. Star Fox/F-Zero crossover, please?
It's "G-ZERO" in Command. Also there's a racer in most F-ZERO games named "James McCloud", whose machine is named "The Great Fox".

Arwings and F-ZERO machines both use the same "G-Diffuser" system, as well.

majora 787 said:
Skull Kid was in three legend of zelda games and was important in two of them. So I suppose you could say he is TECHNICALLY more important than Vaati. Lol.
He was important in one game. He was a tiny miniquest in Ocarina, and a bit obstacle in TP.

Vaati for the win. He's the second-most important Zelda villain, no question.

kainsword said:
Pull out a bomb with Down B. Now press B to pull back your bow with a bomb strapped on the end. Or press A to chuck it...

Great knockback and it deals 27% damage with a fully drawn bow. (Fully drawn bow is 18% and a bomb is 9%. Although if the damage seems to high, remember that knockback and damage would decrease according to how many bomb and arrow entries are in the stale moves list.)
This would be neat, but like other people said, 28% is way too much for a move with basically no lag.

To make it more balanced, drastically reduce the amount of time a bomb can be held before it explodes (instead of, like, 10 seconds, make it more like 3). So if you wanted to use a fully-drawn bomb arrow, you'd have to do Link's Dspecial and Sspecial in sequence.

Shadowmaster9000 said:
Lol sorry if this is off topic but I just had to post in this topic to give you a double thumbs up for posting such a funny video.
Think nothing of it. :chuckle:

I would attempt to post something on topic, but half the time people seem to just argue.
More like all the time, really.

darkserenade said:
Should Zamus be buffed, nerfed, or kicked out? I really don't know what to think of her.
It depends on what they do with the transformation.

If they keep it attached to Samus' FS, I'd prefer if they were to leave her as is, though those pieces of Power Suit shouldn't stay around--really, it's stupidly annoying when Zamus players start matches by racking up a cheap, nigh-unavoidable 20 or so damage by just standing still and mashing the A button to toss armor at you.

If they let you pick who you play as, they should give her a few more KO moves, but otherwise leave her be. The armor pieces need to go either way, though. :mad:

Illusive said:
Wolf New B moves idea (he merges with falco in my ideal SSB4):

B: Hyper Laser (similar to current blaster, except he has two of them and he can charge them to make them a homing blast [charge would be similar to jet hammer, in that he can't store the charge but move with the charged lasers].)

B>: Barrel Roll (rolls forward, reflecting projectiles)

B^: Somersault/U turn (similar to current up B, except no fire damage, extremely powerful kick at peak height)

Bv: Reflect Waves (Starts similarly to his current reflect attack, but the waves travel forward as projectiles in their own right)

Bair: Same as falco's forward smash

Final Smash: Star Wolf Team
I think Fire Wolf is an awesome move, and works great as is (though the name is a bit misleading...). Also Reflect Waves sounds horribly, horribly broken. :dizzy:

That Bair sounds weird, but the FS sounds pretty awesome. Leon, Panther and...uh...the ghost of Andrew(?) strafe the stage, peppering it with laser fire.

kainsword said:
I was thinking for Krystal to declone the OBVIOUS Reflector she'll have. (Come on, we all know and resent why Sakurai MUST give every StarFox character a Reflector)

Pressing Down B would make the Reflector revolve around Krystal for three seconds. I mean, she does have psychic powers or telepathy... What's telekinesis to add to that? I suppose she'd control it and have it revolve around her for three seconds before returning. While it revolves, Krystal can perform any other action, such as shield (Reflector + Shield = Uber Defense?) jump, attack, etc. Krystals Reflector won't cause any damage.

Basically, her reflector would be a lot more defensive than offensive. Fox's and Falco's Reflectors are really offensive (Fox moreso than Falco), and Wolf's Reflector just sucks. So I guess it's kinda decloned...
I'd actually assume Krystal's reflector would be the energy shield you can make in StarFox Adventures by holding in the R button--a wave of blue light extends from the tip of the staff to drape over Fox (or in this case, Krystal).

But the mechanics you suggest sound good.

Ganondorf and Black Knight. Both are heavier than Ike. Both SHOULD use their long range swords. Both are slow. What exactly's the point in having TWO?

Exactly, Black Knight is stupid and would repeat a niche that would be covered by Ganondorf and Ike already.
Ganondorf won't use a sword!

...is what I'd like to say. It depends on his status in the next Zelda game. Trident of Power for the win, nonetheless.

mantlecore77 said:
Will someone confirm to me if this:

Is a total myth?
No, it's real. Squeenix is making it now, and it's planned for a Q2 2009 release.

Jesus Christ no. I can't believe anyone was fooled by that picture. Mario looks absolutely ridiculous, and the logo text is badly formatted, as well as being identical to KH2's text, which wouldn't be the case with a new game. Sora's ripped straight from ads for KH2, and just...the whole concept was ridiculous.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Marth is integral to the series, as he's the posterchild for the first game(s), and the original lord.

Similarly, Ike is the posterchild for 3D Fire Emblem, as well as Fire Emblem in the West (FE7 wasn't a great seller, and FE8 was just terrible). Also he's the only Lord to star in more than one game aside from Marth, so I think his spot's pretty solid.
I know about Marth, don't need to tell me about it. I pretty much know of Fire Emblem, including it's Japan Titles (currently playing FE4, next is FE3).

...And? Some famous Nintendo icons were also forgotten in Brawl. Ike may happen the same unless he gets some ressurection, don't know... maybe he will revive in the next FE, maybe not. Some other FE game (FE4, IF possible) will be remade, or there will be a new book in the Fire Emblem history.

And also depends when SSB4 will be made, if long time passes, Ike will be forgotten and... well.. dunno.

Hey, i'm not hating Ike and such, I like him, he's my main in Brawl, just spitting out the possibilities.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I just LOVE how the Fire emblem series is portrayed so badly.
Can you explain what you mean by that? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just want a clarification.

Anyway, I don't think Ike will be going anywhere. Sure, he may not appear in another FE title, sans remakes, but he is the only other Fire Lord to be reoccurring and ushered in the age of 3D Fire Emblems.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
that way people don't have to enter codes or do the Final Smash to get her.
hold the shield button through to the stage selection screen...

I don't understand how people want Squaresoft/Enix characters...
um...... i honestly don't understand how people want sega characters, when sega for the past few years has been the absolute worst of the big game developers.

anyway :p, square helped the SNES achieve greatness, with FF1-6 (FF6 is often argued to be the best RPG of all time), and now supports nintendo with various FF spinoffs (crystal chronicles and tactics advance), as well as with the ever-popular kingdom hearts series... and a couple other games here and there (dragon quest i think, mario hoops, smrpg, the world ends with you....). the games they are pretty easy to represent with a moogle, which is makes an appearance in almost every single game developed by square, starting with one of the early final fantasy games.

I know Geno is but it was a Nintendo/Enix collaboration creation of a character.
Moogles are purely square.
was it a nintendo/sega collaboration that created sonic? was it kojima and miyamoto collaborating to create snake? also, geno was only in ONE game. not a very good representative of an entire company.

Speaking of a Enix/Nintendo team up...
Will someone confirm to me if this:

Is a total myth?
pretty sure that's a total myth. yeah, LOL! mario doesn't even have the M on his hat, and sora is taken straight from KH2, and the title is not at all of the style that the KH developers like to use (e.g. chain of memories, birth by sleep, coded, world ends with you, 358/2 days) however, i believe kingdom hearts 358/2 days is coming for the ds fairly soon (however, sora is not the main character. it focuses on roxas and organization XIII)

majora_787

Smash Hero
I don't know anything about Kingdom Hearts and even I can tell that's fake. What does that say, exactly?

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Like someone said before, Fire Emblem does not need a villain character. As there really are no recurring characters in the Fire Emblem series besides maybe twice (or, in Marth's case, three times, with the new Fire Emblem DS game), there will never be a recurring villain, either. There's simply too many main characters in Fire Emblem to chose a villain or side character from one over a main character from another. If Ike stays in the next one, it wouldn't surprise me as he wasn't a clone.. but I wouldn't be surprised if he was kicked out, either. I just wish Lyn had become playable in Brawl. I don't really care about anything else, honestly. Whoever makes it to SSB4 as a playable Fire Emblem character is cool, in my opinion.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
anyway :p, square helped the SNES achieve greatness, with FF1-6 (FF6 is often argued to be the best RPG of all time), and now supports nintendo with various FF spinoffs (crystal chronicles and tactics advance), as well as with the ever-popular kingdom hearts series... and a couple other games here and there (dragon quest i think, mario hoops, smrpg, the world ends with you....). the games they are pretty easy to represent with a moogle, which is makes an appearance in almost every single game developed by square, starting with one of the early final fantasy games.
I LOVE Final Fantasy VI. I even own the original Final Fantasy III version of it. I've played it, and numerous other Final Fantasy games, to know the significant and popular roles that Moogles fill in.

I don't think that a Moogle would be appropriate to represent within SSB because quite frankly, it doesn't stand for anything Nintendo related OTHER THAN the PLATFORMS that it was on.
How does this compare to Sonic? Sonic is a playable character in games by Nintendo that actually features Nintendo characters. Sure Sonic isn't all Nintendo, and obviously not all of his games even contain Nintendo-related characters and plots and such. But Sonic has a "friendly" rivalry with Mario and Nintendo in general. Final Fantasy doesn't relate to Nintendo like Sonic does, bottom line.
I can't defend Snake. I really can't. So I suggest we drop it because quite frankly, it WAS a sympathy character from Sakurai to his buddy.

was it a nintendo/sega collaboration that created sonic? was it kojima and miyamoto collaborating to create snake? also, geno was only in ONE game. not a very good representative of an entire company.
No, it was not. And yes, Geno was only in one game. But I did not intend to bring up a Geno debate, that debate will go on forever and is pointless to me.
But again, this brings up the RELATIVITY of the characters. Moogles have only been connected to Nintendo by being characters on their PLATFORMS, not within a game that is affiliated with Mario, DK, Link, whoever.

pretty sure that's a total myth. yeah, LOL! mario doesn't even have the M on his hat, and sora is taken straight from KH2, and the title is not at all of the style that the KH developers like to use (e.g. chain of memories, birth by sleep, coded, world ends with you, 358/2 days) however, i believe kingdom hearts 358/2 days is coming for the ds fairly soon (however, sora is not the main character. it focuses on roxas and organization XIII)
Yeah I thought it was a myth... I just had to make sure before my hopes got the best of me.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Moogle was in Mario Hoops 3-on-3. i really dont care if moogle is in or not, but i just thought id metion that
Ah, thank you Smasherk for enlightening me.
My bad, 25%Cotton (?), I guess that makes my arguement completely worthless.
But again, I DO still think that Sonic is very closer related to the Nintendo "universe" than Final Fantasy/moogles is/are.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Ah, thank you Smasherk for enlightening me.
My bad, 25%Cotton (?), I guess that makes my arguement completely worthless.
But again, I DO still think that Sonic is very closer related to the Nintendo "universe" than Final Fantasy/moogles is/are.
XD yeah, sonic and mario are pretty connected (so i completely agree with your argument there)... but i don't think mario really has any other non-nintendo counterparts... which is why moogles aren't in brawl :p. i basically just think that square is the next developer in line for a 3rd party candidate, because it's so hugely successful and has many games for nintendo systems... and the moogle is one of the best representations of EVERYTHING square.

(sorry about the geno debate-ish thing, i was just debating it to give moogle more chance.)

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
XD yeah, sonic and mario are pretty connected (so i completely agree with your argument there)... but i don't think mario really has any other non-nintendo counterparts... which is why moogles aren't in brawl :p. i basically just think that square is the next developer in line for a 3rd party candidate, because it's so hugely successful and has many games for nintendo systems... and the moogle is one of the best representations of EVERYTHING square.
Other than Capcom
's Megaman
, you're probably right about Square being next in line for 3rd party canditate.

(sorry about the geno debate-ish thing, i was just debating it to give moogle more chance.)
Don't sweat it. I'm just glad it didn't come up.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Other than Capcom
's Megaman
, you're probably right about Square being next in line for 3rd party canditate.
capcom..... they DID help with a couple zelda titles...

i probably would consider this more if i weren't so in love with moogles/indifferent to megaman :p. actually, i'm not against megaman at all, it would be kinda cool.

capcom + square for ssb4 3rd parties >_>

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Can you explain what you mean by that? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just want a clarification.
Anybody who has played FE10 will know that Ike is powerful and FAST. They really should have balanced him out more, instead of making him a slow powerhouse. Also, to those saying Black Knight shouldn't be in, he shouldn't, you're right. But if your main reason is because you don't want another slow sword-user, then let me tell you this: the Black Knight is fast as well. Of course, if he does get in(which I hope he doesn't), they will probably make him generic, which is a pity. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Black Knight, and *spoilers for FE10*
Zelgius is a bad*ss,
but he just doesn't fit for SSB.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
capcom..... they DID help with a couple zelda titles...

i probably would consider this more if i weren't so in love with moogles/indifferent to megaman :p. actually, i'm not against megaman at all, it would be kinda cool.

capcom + square for ssb4 3rd parties >_>
FTW

Anybody who has played FE10 will know that Ike is powerful and FAST. They really should have balanced him out more, instead of making him a slow powerhouse. Also, to those saying Black Knight shouldn't be in, he shouldn't, you're right. But if your main reason is because you don't want another slow sword-user, then let me tell you this: the Black Knight is fast as well. Of course, if he does get in(which I hope he doesn't), they will probably make him generic, which is a pity. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Black Knight, and *spoilers for FE10*
Zelgius is a bad*ss,
Was Ike really balanced like that? Thats sucks! I don't get why Nintendo made him so slow... maybe it was to counter Marth's quickness?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Zelgius is a bad*ss,
I see what you mean now. It doesn't make sense in the first place. If I recall, the game canon also mentions that
Ike's sword and the Black Knight's sword are sibling swords so them being sibling swords would be impossible if Ike's sword was two-handed sword.

Come to think of it, not many series are really portrayed that well in Smash (makes you wonder how much Sakurai knows about these series). For example, Ness and Lucas don't learn any of the PSI shown in the game except Flash. Samus' Screw Attack is an offensive item, not a recovery item like it suggests. Although, you could argue that it's a combination of the Space Jump and Screw Attack. Also, Samus' beam is portrayed as a charging blue laser (LASER, not beam as it should be) instead of the spammable yellow beam that it is. One other misportrayal is that Samus' suit comes off like than and can be stolen. The suit is part of her and putting it on is like blinking for her.

Anyway, another example of misportrayal is in the final smashes. Some of them do exist(PK Starstorm, albeit by Poo and Kumatora) in the original games, but most of them don't exist in their original games (Peach Blossom, Za Warudo, and Mario Kamahameha).

I find it funny that Sakurai can come up with moves for characters who don't have anything to draw from (Zelda, Zamus, Capt. Falcon, Fox), but he can't come up something faithful for other characters.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Was Ike really balanced like that? Thats sucks! I don't get why Nintendo made him so slow... maybe it was to counter Marth's quickness?
I see what you mean now. It doesn't make sense in the first place. If I recall, the game canon also mentions that
Ike's sword and the Black Knight's sword are sibling swords so them being sibling swords would be impossible if Ike's sword was two-handed sword.

Come to think of it, not many series are really portrayed that well in Smash (makes you wonder how much Sakurai knows about these series). For example, Ness and Lucas don't learn any of the PSI shown in the game except Flash. Samus' Screw Attack is an offensive item, not a recovery item like it suggests. Although, you could argue that it's a combination of the Space Jump and Screw Attack. Also, Samus' beam is portrayed as a charging blue laser (LASER, not beam as it should be) instead of the spammable yellow beam that it is. One other misportrayal is that Samus' suit comes off like than and can be stolen. The suit is part of her and putting it on is like blinking for her.

Anyway, another example of misportrayal is in the final smashes. Some of them do exist(PK Starstorm, albeit by Poo and Kumatora) in the original games, but most of them don't exist in their original games (Peach Blossom, Za Warudo, and Mario Kamahameha).

I find it funny that Sakurai can come up with moves for characters who don't have anything to draw from (Zelda, Zamus, Capt. Falcon, Fox), but he can't come up something faithful for other characters.
Thank you both for understanding. I really started to question his knowledge when he said this: "Each character has throwing power. Those from the Fire Emblem series have bad throwing power, and...." Okay, get this:Ike wields a two handed sword with one hand. In FE, he has one of the best strength stats. So, of course it's perfectly natural that he is able to wield a two-handed, but because of this info, he can't lift other things with ease. What.The.Hell.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Well, it would make sense that the sword users would be worse at throwing items, since its likely that, unless they're ambidextrous, they're throwing with their off hand. Characters who constantly hold weapons should always have less throwing power, imo.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that Sakurai pulls ALL of the unique moves out of his *** though. I refuse to begin a Sakurai debate on this productive thread, though, so let's just drop him.
I think that the way they dealt with NESS was good. They gave him PSI moves that represented the Earthbound series' creativity. This is probably a poor arguement, but I think that if they didn't give Ness all those moves, he would've been a rather boring Smasher. Truly, if all the characters were 100% true to their game of origin/universal selves, SSB would be a boring game that reflected all the other games we own.
Lucas is a different story though. Besides PK Freeze, they didn't equip him with moves that made him different from Ness who really isn't connected to Lucas at all. PK Love or Teleport or an alternative method of executing PK Thunder & Fire would've been really nice.
Samus should keep the Screw Attack. 1.) Because what I just said sounds funny. 2.) Again, it reflects the game she played more than what SHE can do on her own.
The word "Spammable" in your description of what her true arm cannon would be like shows you right there why they DIDN'T make it identical to her original weapon. In SSB64, it was a completely unique way of charging an attack... her and DK were the only ones that could charge an attack. Funny to think about isn't it?
The suit thing I can understand. They made it seem like her coming out of her suit was inhabitual and completely rare for her, when it probably really isn't.

I don't think Final Smashes were intended to copy an ultimate move from a game to SSB. Honestly, if Mario's Final Smash was turning into Metal Mario or getting wings on his caps, who would give a crap?
I think that the Final Smashes were mostly good... Peach Blossom and such is kinda weird, yes, and Landmaster was deffinately milked, but I think they had the right idea.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
SmashChu said:
I don't know what your trying to get at.
I meant that I remembered Aonuma saying that he might bring Midna back in another Zelda game if people liked her enough, which I'm pretty sure they do.

So basically my argument of "Midna won't be in cuz' she won't appear again" was cleanly beheaded.

---

This Ike thing is stupid. I honestly don't know where darkserenade gets the idea that Ike's super-fast or anything. He attacks quite quickly, but that's a necessary element of every Fire Emblem game's design--if the characters didn't attack quickly, it:

A) Wouldn't look as cool.
B) Would take longer.

Both of which would end up boring the player. A fast, dynamic attack is more enjoyable to watch than, say, Ike's Fsmash, especially when you consider that there's no "knockback" in Fire Emblem.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
More on FE being screwed.

I think capturing the characters as true to their game in design is very important. I'll show you a pic of brawl Ike and FE10 Ike.

Now, tell me, which exactly looks better? The fact that they made Mario look great but Ike look horrible is sad.

Also, Chief, we were talking about his speed stat, not how fast he attacks in FE. Speed determines how many times you attack, not who goes first.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
@darkserenade: Exactly what physical features disappoint you about Ike? I don't see much wrong, I think they did a good enough job of reflecting his most recent appearance...
But I'm not arguing, I'm just curious to what sets you off so bad about his appearance?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
XD yeah, sonic and mario are pretty connected (so i completely agree with your argument there)... but i don't think mario really has any other non-nintendo counterparts...
Actually, there's Goemon, Konami's technicolored ninja mascot. However, they haven't made any new games starring him and his buddies since 2005...:( However, he is a decent counterpart to Mario(more in Japan than in the USA).

darkserenade

Smash Ace
@darkserenade: Exactly what physical features disappoint you about Ike? I don't see much wrong, I think they did a good enough job of reflecting his most recent appearance...
But I'm not arguing, I'm just curious to what sets you off so bad about his appearance?
I'll start bottom-up. His shoes look extremely cool with the blue and silver armor, but they dispose of that.Next, his pants. Not much wrong, but his stance really makes it look bad. Next, his top. They give him a shirt with a small collar(spelling?), while, in the orginal, no collar and it's a brown leather mail, with no sleeves. Shoulders have blue and yellow armor, but they replace that with brown leather. Face is extremly doll-like, and his bandana is much longer in FE.Now, my favorite part of him in FE, the cape. To be honest, I just personally dislike what they did to it in brawl. And lastly, his stance. In FE's, he is much more awesome. Nothing else needs to be said on that one:chuckle:. Think about it like this: They based Legend of Zelda closely to TP, so why not here? It would have been much better.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master

Also, Chief, we were talking about his speed stat, not how fast he attacks in FE. Speed determines how many times you attack, not who goes first.
I am sorry, but you are horribly, horribly wrong on this.

THAT is Ike. His Brawl model is based off of the above design, not Radiant Dawn-Ike, who's a good 10 or so years older than Path of Radiance-Ike.

THE BRAWL DESIGN IS PERFECT, YOU ARE CRAZY

And I know what you were talking about. You mean like how fast Ike actually moves, which is also what I was talking about. He moves about as fast in Fire Emblem as he does in Brawl.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
And I know what you were talking about. You mean like how fast Ike actually moves, which is also what I was talking about. He moves about as fast in Fire Emblem as he does in Brawl.
How can you say his moves are slower or faster in two diffrent platforms in two diffrent situations in two diffrent games.... As for his costume I like this one

darkserenade

Smash Ace
I am sorry, but you are horribly, horribly wrong on this.

THAT is Ike. His Brawl model is based off of the above design, not Radiant Dawn-Ike, who's a good 10 or so years older than Path of Radiance-Ike.

THE BRAWL DESIGN IS PERFECT, YOU ARE CRAZY

I acknowledge his design is from FE9, but regardless, they warped that one horribly, too. Three more things:1.)There's a three year difference between FE9 and FE10. It's obvious that the age is from FE10. 2.) There were three delays. In this time, they could have changed it to the more bad*ss version of Ike, no problem.3.)I am not talking about how fast he moves! I am talking about his speed stat, which does not determine who moves first, but rather, who attacks more times. Regardless, it will be transferred to actual speed in Brawl, which should be more true to the game.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Did Radiant Dawn Ike exist before Brawl's started development?
No, he didn't.

Which is probably the big reason why he wasn't all armored up and stuff. Radiant Dawn wasn't even released until a few months before Brawl.

darkserenade said:
There were three delays. In this time, they could have changed it to the more bad*ss version of Ike, no problem.
I think it's a really bad idea to think that the team would have delayed the game to change a character's outfit.

No company wants to delay any game, ever. When they do, it's only to ensure they're delivering the experience they promised. I can almost guarantee that those three delays were made to ensure the online modes were working. They certainly weren't doing any work on the roster during that time, in any case, and it's ridiculous to expect them to have done so.

I am not talking about how fast he moves! I am talking about his speed stat, which does not determine who moves first, but rather, who attacks more times. Regardless, it will be transferred to actual speed in Brawl, which should be more true to the game.
Well...that's even worse. Why oh why would the developers use a numbered statistic to determine how quickly a character can attack?

Smash Bros. has nothing to do with Fire Emblem's gameplay at all, which is what those stats influence and are determined by. The developers make the characters to feel how they feel in their games, or in FE characters' case, how they would feel. Though that said, they have to take game balance into account, which basically explains away all this whole thing, methinks.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
No, he didn't.

Which is probably the big reason why he wasn't all armored up and stuff. Radiant Dawn wasn't even released until a few months before Brawl.
The first few bits of FE10 shown was a picture Gatrie and Ike from a cutscene. Just as Lucas and Roy were for later games(Roy having a slightly different case), I don't see why Mr. Sakurai couldn't ask about the design of it.
They certainly weren't doing any work on the roster during that time, in any case, and it's ridiculous to expect them to have done so.
Sonic and Wolf. 'Nuff said.:p

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
No, he didn't.
No company wants to delay any game, ever. When they do, it's only to ensure they're delivering the experience they promised. I can almost guarantee that those three delays were made to ensure the online modes were working. They certainly weren't doing any work on the roster during that time, in any case, and it's ridiculous to expect them to have done so.
appearantly he didn't "deliver" what he promised, and even after all those delays, Brawl still didn't turn out the way we wanted to

*sigh* probably removing all the AT's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom