• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
The smash community in GA (and pretty sure in other states) is very content with Brawl, there is nothing wrong with state suggestions to make the game better. Stop hanging those "if it's not Melee 2.0, it's bad" players.
I rarely see suggestions.

Most of the time it's "ogm barwl sucks play melee".

Okay, maybe I shouldn't generalize so much, but there is a lot of "if it's not Melee 2.0, it's bad" players.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
New Super Mario Bros. Mii for Wii U. Playable characters are Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Mii... but notice how Toad is once again playable for the third time in the Mario main series. ;)

Also, SSB4 for 3DS and Wii U? That's pretty awesome if you ask me... maybe some characters will be exclusive to one version or the other. And maybe if you link both versions together, you could transfer characters between both games. Kinda like how it's done with Pokemon games?

Toad for SSB4.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
No talk about the physics. Are we expecting them to stay to same?
Ohh this is a subject I could expand upon.

I think we should have a higher shield stun rate so some characters can have some shield pressure. Somewhere in between 64 and Melee shield stun.

The hitstun needs to go back to melee style. In turn we need a little bit easier way to DI.

The Brawl ledgesnap can stay but needs the ability to release on frame 1 like melee for good edge game.

We can keep Brawl sense of floatiness a little but get back Melee's speed.

Throw in some new mechanics as well.

That's all I can think of atm.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
In terms of design, their special moves were all the same.
They still have different effects and speeds though.

He still has dsmash and shuttle loop :urg:
Is that what you want his metagame to consist of? Sounds like a weak character to me.

this thread got nuked with activity, you'd think Smash 4 got confirmed or something.
:awesome: Dontcha know dog?

smash 4 did get confirmed... 2 in fact.
:glare: That's the joke. :glare:

D

Deleted member

New Super Mario Bros. Mii for Wii U. Playable characters are Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Mii... but notice how Toad is once again playable for the third time in the Mario main series. ;)

Also, SSB4 for 3DS and Wii U? That's pretty awesome if you ask me... maybe some characters will be exclusive to one version or the other. And maybe if you link both versions together, you could transfer characters between both games. Kinda like how it's done with Pokemon games?

Toad for SSB4.
I'd love if the connectivity had that. Being able to expand your roster in other ways would be fantastic as it doesn't compromise the quality of either games.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Meh. Just make some of MK's moves actually punishable and make him a bit lighter and it'll be fine.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Momentum cancelling increased his weight artificially by quite a bit, so if you can't act out of hitstun in Smash 4 then it probably won't be an issue.

BSP

Smash Legend
No, I 100% expect higher gravity and more combo-oriented gameplay, but I don't expect the game to speed up much.

I would also expect a tighter engine this time around. People looking for ATs will probably be more disappointed than they were in Brawl.
What makes you think this will happen? Especially if Sakurai has a say again lol

My stance on physics hasn't changed. I didn't really see any problems with melee's and didn't really hear any complaints. Did anyone really drop smash because the transition from 64 -> melee was too hard?

I don't mind brawl's, but it really needs some hitstun and a less powerful shield

Rikana

Smash Champion
I will be extremely disappointed if we have to play on that ugly piece of controller. Please please let us use GC controllers.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
I will be extremely disappointed if we have to play on that ugly piece of controller. Please please let us use GC controllers.
You haven't even touched it yet

anyway, I would not count on that.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Meh. Just make some of MK's moves actually punishable and make him a bit lighter and it'll be fine.
Take out the lighter part and we're cool.

He's already as light as Kirby. How light do you want him to be?
This.

Momentum cancelling increased his weight artificially by quite a bit, so if you can't act out of hitstun in Smash 4 then it probably won't be an issue.
That's why I mentioned Melee's hitstun.

more like, let metaknight get hit, so his weight is actually more relevant
LOL

What makes you think this will happen? Especially if Sakurai has a say again lol

My stance on physics hasn't changed. I didn't really see any problems with melee's and didn't really hear any complaints. Did anyone really drop smash because the transition from 64 -> melee was too hard?

I don't mind brawl's, but it really needs some hitstun and a less powerful shield
Don't think anyone did. Actually I think it would be perfect to keep's Brawl's shield but add more shield stun, so you have a strong shield but there are still options to counter it.

Reports from E3 said the controller was comfortable. You haven't touched it, stop complaining.

He's a little heavier than Kirby actually... And I think I'd actually be fine with his weight if he didn't have super fast moves to momentum cancel with so well.
Melee hitstun.

You haven't even touched it yet

anyway, I would not count on that.
This and Wii U is supports GC games so I suspect GCC ports.

BSP, because it's what people have said they wanted. Plus, the acting out of hitstun thing appears to be unintentional lol
Brawl's Histun actually = Melee's, but in brawl for some reason you can cancel it. Programming error I'm sure.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Seems like others disagree, but I think a good amount, no more than 15 though. If Nintendo wants to keep or strengthen relations why not put their new partners' mascots in one of the biggest fighting type games ever.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Seems like others disagree, but I think a good amount, no more than 15 though. If Nintendo wants to keep or strengthen relations why not put their new partners' mascots in one of the biggest fighting type games ever.
That's the biggest number of third parties I've ever seen anyone to say.

... me wants. *gets shot by Nintendo purists*

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Characters who were kept between Melee and Brawl:
Falco
Marth
Ice Climbers
Pikachu
Game and Watch
Kirby
Fox
Peach
Donkey Kong
Luigi
Zelda
Sheik
Ness
Yoshi
Mario
Bowser
Captain Falcon
Samus
Jigglypuff
Link
Ganon

These characters aren't leaving.

Of the new characters in Brawl, these have a pretty good chance of staying:
Meta Knight
Diddy Kong
Wario
Olimar
King Dedede
Pit

The remaining are probably on the chopping block, either because they are a third party (so no guarantees there) or because they were added as a fad or fanservice character:
Lucario
Zero Suit Samus
ROB
Wolf
Sonic
Snake
Lucas

Characters I think will go because I said so:
Toon Link
Pokemon Trainer

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Here's to hoping IC's stay in.
Pit should be on the "not leaving list" He's getting a new game after all.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Damn I missed Smash Boards. Time to join the hype-wave

I think it's time for Knuckles to make an appearance.
There's definitely going to be another Sonic character, but I'd put my money on Tails over Knuckles. Tails just more unique a character.

There are better characters to be represented. Mega Man, Bomberman, Pacman, the list goes on. He would be nice, but not really special like the three above.
^This minus Pacman

•Col•

Smash Champion
Here's to hoping IC's stay in.
Pit should be on the "not leaving list" He's getting a new game after all.
Yeah... I think he should get a slightly updated moveset though... Those claws from Uprising look cool.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm going to put my hopes up and think Sonic will return for the next game considering how demanded of a character he is as well as all the Mario and Sonic Olympic games (they're releasing yet another for the 3DS) so there's basically no reason for them not to include him. Snake most likely won't be back.

I also completely agree with Lucario being replaced with Zoroark. It seems the most logical considering the character's roles in Pokemon and the Smash trends. Here's to hoping that at least Mewtwo will return. Wolf I see staying, because as said, his moveset was unique enough and he's a pretty influential Starfox character and they're finally bringing that franchise back. I also have a feeling Toon Link will be removed just because he was basically a Young Link or a Pichu character.

:093:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If that sword guy from the Uprising demo is a very important character toward the plot, I can see him being a second representative of the Kid Icarus franchise, personally.

BSP

Smash Legend
Pit looked pretty decent in that trailer.

And let's hope Mario doesn't suck >_> He is the flagship character lol, so why is he low tier in 2/3 smash games?

I really hope Sonic stays too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom