• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt07

Smash Master
Because I think his design through all of the Smash games was to be a "Jack of all trades." He doesn't excel in any particular aspect, and he doesn't suffer in any aspect (okay, except recovery, and landing KO's xD.)

And what ETWIST51294 said.

GHAL416

Smash Rookie
where did Nintendo state that Gamecube games were supported on the Wii U? i did hear that the Wii controllers would be supported, but no word was stated as to whether more than one could.

although it is too early to jump to conclusions about the new controller, I would like to know if compatibility with old controllers, such as Gamecube ones, is there.

Matt07

Smash Master
They should've added the FLUDD that shoots Mario up really high for his recovery in Brawl. Instead we just got it where we push them away :/.

Next, Luigi will use his Poltergust to bring people to him! I'm hoping they're gonna add some more Galaxy stuff to his moveset.

BSP

Smash Legend
They should've added the FLUDD that shoots Mario up really high for his recovery in Brawl. Instead we just got it where we push them away :/.

Next, Luigi will use his Poltergust to bring people to him! I'm hoping they're gonna add some more Galaxy stuff to his moveset.
Suck Mach tornado/Falcon Punch/Warlock Punch/Charged Fsmash in!?!?!?!

Genius.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I understand SFP that your fence on snake and sonic.

That being said I think they'll stay

1. MGS3 snake eater is going to be on the 3DS
2. Konami was listed as one of nintendos partners

Sonic
Nuff said

I think both characters are staying. snakes more lilkely to go than sonic though

•Col•

Smash Champion
His FLUDD could've been WAAAAAAAAAAY cooler, and it would've been a nice throwback to Mario Sunshine, and anyone who's played the game will know where I'm coming from with this...

The FLUDD had different modes that changed the nozzle or whatever. They should've made it so that Down B would fill the FLUDD with water like it normally does... Then after it's full, it'd stay on your back until you used a special. Up B would turn into the rocket mode and shoot Mario into the air, Side B would make him dash very quickly, Nuetral B could just shoot the water out with the push effect, and Down B could just put the FLUDD away. They could've even gave Mario a "glide" when the FLUDD is out. Whenever it's out, by holding the jump button, you could hover around for a second or two...

Matt07

Smash Master
Suck Mach tornado/Falcon Punch/Warlock Punch/Charged Fsmash in!?!?!?!

Genius.
Lmao, I know! But it would make it a very useful mechanic for saving your partner in doubles...and that's it xD. That would've been a GREAT idea Colaya. I think the issue was that they didn't really have enough time to really develop a lot of character stuff. The game was delayed numerous times yes, but didn't Sakurai himself say he would've liked to work more on the game?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^^

I assumed the controller would be heavy and clunky, but looks to be easy to handle, not sure if it will apply to competative.

Mario's FLUDD was horrible, at least the way they implemented it.

:phone:

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this has been posted here or not. This is an official press release information sheet about the Wii-U. I'm sure it's subject to change, but at the moment there is nothing about Gamecube in there.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Playstation Velvita?

I think Nintendo just made everything else obsolete. I'm proud to say this: Step it up, Microsoft and Sony.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
obviously, there are too many ******* now for any intelligent debates to take place. all we got was an announcement for WiiU smash and 3DS smash... no one talks about what they would share between each other.

Iwata states: "...the software will work together in some fashion."

Why don't you all start talking about what kind of joint venture there will be between the two games without mentioning that maybe this one system will have so and so characters and this other will have so and so characters. Like actually think about things besides characters and by extension your general gameplay.

...welcome back, Shortie. Kuma... say something....

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Yay smash 4!

.....wait Sakurai's heading it again?

Get in the bunker everyone; this could be brutal.
I'm actually a little relieved that Sakurai is the one taking on this project once more. It's less brutal for it to be in Sakurai's hands instead of someone with little or no experience with this series.

As far as likely new characters goes: any of the Capcom characters are more than likely not going to get in. Capcom already has their all-inclusive fighting game series in the Marvel vs. Capcom games. As awesome as some of the possibilities could be, the company has no motivation to put something in Smash Bros, so don't count on it.

Dark Yoghurt

Smash Cadet
For online matches between 3DS and Wii U to work, you would need the same characters and stages in both versions (you can't show characters on a 3DS, only playable for Wii U, and you can't make certain characters non-playable, because the 3DS doesn't have them). So, probably the 3DS will be a worse-looking version of the Wii U version, or the interaction between the two versions is not online matches, but things like stage/photo-sharing. This is my thought, and I truly, truly hope for Nintendo to show a teaser this week, but yeh, chances are there won't be any =(

(And, if they don't show Pikmin 3....booooo that would suck)

PS: I've been reading this topic for a while now, thought I'd hop in and do some speculating as well =D

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
The remaining are probably on the chopping block, either because they are a third party (so no guarantees there) or because they were added as a fad or fanservice character:
Lucario
Zero Suit Samus
ROB
Wolf
Sonic
Snake
Lucas
Sonic and Snake were already discussed, but:

I can't see any reason why they'd remove Zero Suit Samus now if they didn't remove Sheik. ZSS was included so Brawl could have more Metroid representation, not because she was a recent character that Nintendo wanted to push or anything.

Lucas also wasn't a "fad" character, since Mother 3 came out two years before Brawl and didn't even get an international release.

I think those two characters would fit in the "good chance of staying" category.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
obviously, there are too many ******* now for any intelligent debates to take place. all we got was an announcement for WiiU smash and 3DS smash... no one talks about what they would share between each other.

Iwata states: "...the software will work together in some fashion."

Why don't you all start talking about what kind of joint venture there will be between the two games without mentioning that maybe this one system will have so and so characters and this other will have so and so characters. Like actually think about things besides characters and by extension your general gameplay.

...welcome back, Shortie. Kuma... say something.... DAMN IT! he left.
Sorry, I've been caught up with all the WiiU stuff and SSFIV AE came out today.

Any way, I, for one, do NOT think there will be characters exclusive to the 3DS and the WiiU versions. As for what else this connectivity could be used for, I see one thing would be to transfer stats from each game like an iPod and iTunes. Other than that, I can't think of anything heavily involving gameplay.

I'm actually a little relieved that Sakurai is the one taking on this project once more. It's less brutal for it to be in Sakurai's hands instead of someone with little or no experience with this series.
But as we've seen, especially with Sakurai's idea of balance, it's best he doesn't come back as director.

As far as likely new characters goes: any of the Capcom characters are more than likely not going to get in. Capcom already has their all-inclusive fighting game series in the Marvel vs. Capcom games. As awesome as some of the possibilities could be, the company has no motivation to put something in Smash Bros, so don't count on it.
How did you arrive to this conclusion? I mean, Capcom putting one of their characters in is practically free money for them. It's kind of hard to pass an opportunity like that up.

D

Deleted member

Those expecting more then three or four third-party characters are going to be up for a huge disappointment. I will say this; better third-party support will not effect the SSB4's final roster for either version of the game.

That said, I am in disagreement with chaos_leader, as I think Mega Man has the best chance out of all third-party characters to be in.

I also think both Sonic and Snake will stay. Both companies are supporting the 3DS with both characters involved plus people really like these additions, so I highly doubt we're going to lose them anytime soon.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think SSB4 3DS will be like SSFIV with its console counterparts, an worse graphics version, but everything else is the same. I have no idea how they could do it without tremendous lag, but inter-platform play with the two platforms could be something. Casual players will love knowing the experience is the same either way and really only need to buy one while the passionate (I prefer this term way more over hardcore) gamers can use the 3DS version as an optional supplement for on the go practice.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
obviously, there are too many ******* now for any intelligent debates to take place. all we got was an announcement for WiiU smash and 3DS smash... no one talks about what they would share between each other. Iwata states: "...the software will work together in some fashion."

...welcome back, Shortie. Kuma... say something....
So much truth in this. Can they just open up a new board now for speculation for these new SSBs so it can be filtered out a bit?

D

Deleted member

I think SSB4 3DS will be like SSFIV with its console counterparts, an worse graphics version, but everything else is the same. I have no idea how they could do it without tremendous lag, but inter-platform play with the two platforms could be something. Casual players will love knowing the experience is the same either way and really only need to buy one while the passionate (I prefer this term way more over hardcore) gamers can use the 3DS version as an optional supplement for on the go practice.
I disagree here. I find hard to comprehend that Sakurai would deliberately compromise the quality of the console version just so it's the same as the 3DS version except for graphics. I think there will be a lot of difference between the two versions, namely character roster.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i would like to know something... how far can you go from the console with the new controller until the connection to the system disconnects? the WaveBird GCN controller was 30 feet, i think?

the control screen is merely a receiver for signals from the console, right?

SpeedBreaker888

Smash Cadet
I'm hoping for all the characters from Brawl, then add more.

Also I want more 3rd party characters, Improved combat and improved stage builder.

Ezio would be pretty badass in this game, Also Ryu Hayabusa would be sweet too, since the characters are going to be on the WiiU and Ryu being in a 3DS game as well as Ezio. I mean both of them have been in DS games so I can see it happening. Well more Sonic and MGS character would be cool, and maybe if they could get Sora and Riku from Kingdom Hearts I'd love that too.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I disagree here. I find hard to comprehend that Sakurai would deliberately compromise the quality of the console version just so it's the same as the 3DS version except for graphics. I think there will be a lot of difference between the two versions, namely character roster.
How would he be compromising the quality of the game to keep it identical roster and gameplay wise to the 3DS version?

And why would there be a differences between the rosters? Because it seems like a cool idea to you?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
m'kay...
Ezio? Ryu Hayabusa? pit them in Soul Calibur 5...
i doubt assassinations via blades fit in smash bros.

Edit... i love how the dumbversations calmed down.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
How would he be compromising the quality of the game to keep it identical roster and gameplay wise to the 3DS version?

And why would there be a differences between the rosters? Because it seems like a cool idea to you?
Because a cartridge is not as huge as a Bluray disc.

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
m'kay...
Ezio? Ryu Hayabusa? pit them in Soul Calibur 5...
i doubt assassinations via blades fit in smash bros.

Edit... i love how the dumbversations calmed down.
Well, Snake made it into Brawl, so it's not impossible for characters from M-rated games to get into SSB.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
did you not read what i stated twice already? the disc they will use is not blu-ray.

*well snake made it into brawl* hey you! snake uses one knife... (and guns but i did say blades if you could remember correctly) you don't see him with a knife in brawl, okay?

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
did you not read what i stated twice already? the disc they will use is not blu-ray.
WiiU discs have similar capability.

If Smash 4 has to be as filled with content as Brawl, 3DS version will simply have to be toned down. As far as I know, a 3DS cart can't even hold Brawl (but that's as far as I know).

MaxThunder

PM Support
anyone else noticed that this thread keeps saying it has one more page than it actually do?... it's been anoying me for a while...

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
well, you might as well have said it was blu-ray.

@maximum thunder... smash boards gets that way when it gets this much comments.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
well, you might as well have said it was blu-ray.
Yes, I did, because you can fit a DVD into a Wii and thanks to "magic" of homebrew it will work. I'm sure the same things would happen if you put Bluray into WiiU.
Simply put, those Nintendo's discs after GC are the pretty much same thing as the other discs.

But my technical knowledge is not too good, so I will just ask you a simple question: can 3DS cart hold ~20 gigabytes? Brawl had size of 8.

My point is that obviously one of the versions would have to be dumbed down.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
12 centimeter high-density optical disc... it's basically the Wii optical disc with improved storage space in the vein of sony's Blu-Ray disc. imagine a dual layered disc? are there dual layered blu-ray discs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom