• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Spydr Enzo, I have no problems with Toad so I'm positive I wasn't referenced in that essay. I only want to point out that Bowser Jr. was the main villain of New Super Mario Bros. DS as well as Sunshine. Bowser "dies" after the first battle and it is then up to his son to take the helm; I don't think its possible to expand Jr.'s role without pushing his dad off to the side until he's needed to be the last master.

Good points, though. What I typed above is the only thing I had to say.

EDIT:
@Aether

About that Bowser Jr. post of mine on the last page, can I get an opinion?

refugee

Smash Journeyman
im done here too. My opinion is that those series listed are dead. Theres no new content or characters coming from them. Thats my definition of a "dead" series. My opinion is obviously wrong. I mean, i disagree with you, how on earth can i be right?
Using your definition of "dead" wouldn't Super Smash Bros be considered a dead franchise as well? In fact, it has been around the same amount of time since the last "new" Fire Emblem came out that Brawl has been released. If that's the case then I can't see how you would be right using such logic. I also don't understand why a remake wouldn't count for reviving a franchise.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Thanks for the positive feedback guys, I actually was not expecting anyone to care enough to read or respond, so thanks for taking the time. I'm glad to know it was at least somewhat effective!

@BirthNote:

No one was specifically referenced in the essay, you're good. Also, I have absolutely nothing against Bowser Jr., and I'm sure he'd make a great addition to the roster. I only attacked him to show how, in some cases, Toad even beats out Bowser Jr., and how many of Bowser Jr.'s supporters use arguments against Toad that defy their own logic in supporting Jr.

I'm really hoping both get in though, that would make the series feel complete to me playable character-wise.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Great essay Spydr! :)

I agree that Toad is the next most important character for the Mario franchise that needs to be added. I do not like Fawful (he's that vacuum guy from superstar saga right?) and he definitely has not been a large enough factor in the Mario universe to be influential in any way. I personally think Toad should be a revealed newcomer and Junior should be a hidden unlockable.

Also, my Animal Buddies character is the only one I am particularly biased towards. I'm not going to let go of how awesome Cranky Kong plus Squawks/Squitter/Rambi would be. And I would be glad to defend why they are deserving. More than Dixie Kong, in my opinion.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm gonna just put random responses here.

- DK is technically a spin-off character from a spin-off franchise, but it's so unbelievably distant that it's insane.

- Fire Emblem is not a dead series. They released Fire Emblem XII in Japan just last year.

- I still highly doubt that Krystal will have a staff moveset. The way you guys use "new" as an important benefit, you should understand. She hasn't touched the damn thing since Adventures.

- Wolf isn't much of a semi-clone of Fox at all. If we're going of specials, Lucas, Lucario, Luigi, Toon Link, Ganondorf, Falco, and Fox are all essentially clones. Which, only Toon Link could really be considered a clone. The rest are semi-clones at worst, Ganondorf, Wolf, Lucario, and Lucas NOT being semi-clones.

- There IS a reason for Ridley's change in size. =\ FFS, more ignoring previous discussions of this VERY SUBJECT...

- I dunno about Fawful, and considering how long it's been since he's used a paintbrush, I dunno about Bowser Jr. either. But I believe Toad and Bowser Jr. could maybe be the only two options for a new Mario slot.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Well obviously not, as there are rumors of a new SSB. I never considered it dead because as unfinished as Brawl was, it was inevitable. As i said, those other series are dead to me IN MY OPINION. I don't consider remakes as reviving a series, because there is no new content or story being told, no new characters introduced. As for Starfox, being at the end of its timeline in Starfox Command, it is pretty much dead, unless they decide to do prequels or continue with Markus. Remakes are remakes, they don't introduce new characters or propel their importance. Its like saying that the remake of Ocarina of Time is going to make Impa important enough for SSB4. Of course it wont. Same goes for Starfox 3DS. See what im saying?

@BirthNote i see your point, and he could easily have a unique moveset, but i doubt Sakurai would see it. Seeing him as Bowser's child, and using Sunshine as his first and most known appearance, it would either end up being a Bowser clone or a Mario clone, or both. Thats my opinion, as I said earlier.
Yeah, he has plenty of room to have a unique moveset, but so does Luigi and Ganondorf. Unless Sakurai does things differently, a lot of the new characters people are wishing for could end up being clones.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Great essay Spydr! :)
I agree that Toad is the next most important character for the Mario franchise that needs to be added. I do not like Fawful (he's that vacuum guy from superstar saga right?) and he definitely has not been a large enough factor in the Mario universe to be influential in any way. I personally think Toad should be a revealed newcomer and Junior should be a hidden unlockable.
Thanks! :)

I've always thought the same thing actually, about Toad being a revealed newcomer and Bowser Jr. being a hidden newcomer. But in my own personal roster, I have both Toad and Bowser Jr. hidden along with Luigi, because I was lacking a good ratio of starter characters to hidden characters. Dixie Kong is a revealed newcomer because I pair her with Diddy, and Isaac, Ray Mk III, and Little Mac are also revealed newcomers because they are from unrepresented series and could possibly attract more people to the series.

Anyway, I'm curious as to why you think Cranky and the Animal Buddies are more important or deserving than Dixie Kong? I've always thought an animal buddies box would be a neat item... it's like a big Poke Ball or Assist Trophy that spawns a random animal buddy to aid whoever breaks the box.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Finally. I'm finished.
This is my second anual (not on purpose actually) Pre-E3 Roster.
Game: SSB4
Platform: Project Cafe
(Last time the platform was DS)

Questions? Comments? Ignore the space next to Ness ^^'

Steam

Smash Hero
they're not going to take out lucario and put in deoxys... that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever... at least victini and/or zoroark make sense. Lucario is kinda one of the faces of the franchise though... lol

the Mii makes a lot of sense as a character. But I would never ever ever ever want them in smash. would be the most annoying character possible.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
they're not going to take out lucario and put in deoxys... that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever... at least victini and/or zoroark make sense. Lucario is kinda one of the faces of the franchise though... lol

the Mii makes a lot of sense as a character. But I would never ever ever ever want them in smash. would be the most annoying character possible.
Not really. It doesn't make anymore sense to keep him. It's generally thought of that Lucario isn't returning. Plus, this way almost every Gen is in a single smash. And now officially every generation would have been playable throughtout smash's history. Smash 4 is potentially the last chance where all gens can be playable now that I think about it. Eventually there will be a roster limit. When we hit this hypothetical roof, the pokemon franchise wil continue to move on to it's sixth seventh ect generations while smash stays with its character limit.

•Col•

Smash Champion

Make Miis complete trash and a joke character, lol. Every single one of their moves would have the same amount of hitstun/knockback that Falco's lasers have in Brawl.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Dixie Kong, to me, is a very unimportant character. She appeared in Donkey Kong Country 2 (later than Cranky, Rambi, Squawks, Enguarde, Winky, Expresso) as the second playable character, then in DKC3 as the protagonist. The only characters that were playable (in a sense) in all three countries were Rambi and Enguarde. Characters that weren't playable but appeared in all three games include Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Cranky Kong, Funky Kong, and Squawks.

After the Donkey Kong Country series, Dixie was replaced for Tiny Kong, who is now known as her younger sister. For a while, Dixie was off the radar and generally replaced, appearing in cameos and some Mario Sports games. Other than the two games she mattered in, Dixie Kong really hasn't been as prominent as the Animal Buddies.

Animal Buddies, in some combination, have always been a part of the Donkey Kong Contry series. They have been a bigger part of the series as a whole than Donkey Kong himself! Rambi specifically hasn't missed a game, and that includes DKCR! He was also in DK64 and others! Personally, I see Rambi alone as a more important aspect to the Donkey Kong franchise than K. Rool and the kremlings! (And I'm a huge fan of the kremling krew to begin with).

The other Animal Buddy that has appeared in all of the country games plus DK64 is Squawks. Squawks is certainly the next most important Animal Buddy after Rambi, no contest. Enguarde comes a close third but, unfortunately, he is a water dweller and could not fight on the land stages as the swordfish he is.

Next I began to consider the correlation to the smash series, and integrating these obviously important animal buddies as a character. I pretty easily saw a Pokémon Trainer-esque character, consisting of a lightweight (Squawks), and a heavyweight (Rambi). Next I needed a middleweight. I chose Squitter the spider.

Squitter is obviously less well-known, less seen, and less important than the previous two choices. However, I chose him not from personal bias, but for the unique and interesting playstyle he could bring to smash. He was also one of the only obvious middlewieght animal buddies that could function well as a fighter. Using his web platforms to literally make new sections of land to stand on (and maybe even tether recover onto) and shooting web balls out at opponents gifts Squitter with something cool and interesting that no other fighter can do anything close to. He was the perfect contender for a slot as I saw it.

Cranky Kong has probably appeared in more Donkey Kong games in general than any other Donkey Kong character.

From the original Donkey Kong game (where he was actually the first DK who kidnapped Pauline and threw the barrels) to all the countries, to 64, to the cartoon, to any Donkey Kong game that exists, you could be sure Cranky was in there somewhere. While he is rarely playable, his job in smash would be nothing strenuous. Basically, Cranky Kong is the trainer and the animal buddies are his pokémon. From the safety of the back platform Cranky Kong would sit in his rocking chair or stand with his cane and tell his animal buddies what to do. It stands to reason that if he was the original Donkey Kong, he himself forged the bond with the other animals of the jungle. Squawks is even helping him work in his shop in DKCR!

Alright, I lost track of where I was going with this and I think it turned more into how the character would work than why it should happen. Sorry for the wall of text. I seriously believe Cranky and the Animal Buddies are just as important or more important than K. Rool and Dixie Kong. Of the three characters, which were represented in the more recent Donkey Kong game? That's right, Cranky and his animal buddies :)

TL;DR - Cranky Kong commanding the animal buddies as a character is more recent, more unique with a better moveset potential, and more "important" to the series than Dixie Kong, and maybe even K. Rool (although he WAS the main antagonist for a time).

Steam

Smash Hero
Not really. It doesn't make anymore sense to keep him. It's generally thought of that Lucario isn't returning. Plus, this way almost every Gen is in a single smash. And now officially every generation would have been playable throughtout smash's history. Smash 4 is potentially the last chance where all gens can be playable now that I think about it. Eventually there will be a roster limit. When we hit this hypothetical roof, the pokemon franchise wil continue to move on to it's sixth seventh ect generations while smash stays with its character limit.
it makes sense to keep him seeing as polls have him as the third most popular pokemon after Pikachu and jigglypuff... smash bros. IS a fanservice game.

they also would not put pichu back in before readding mewtwo... they wouldn't put pichu in before getting rid of anyone either.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Cool design. Terrible roster.
I've seen much worse.

Only issues I have...

- Vaati.
- Dixie Kong, but no K. Rool.
- Victini over Zoroark.
- Lucas cut instead of Ness.
- Geno included.
- Mii included.
- A retro character we probably won't see, and a retro character I don't recognize included.

It could've been a lot worse. A LOT worse.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
that too, if there's going to be a 5th gen rep it's going to be zoroark.
Beg to disagree mon frere. Zoroark will probably only make it in if Lucario gets cut to put him in (and we both know you'd hate that ;) ). Pokemon is supposed to be light, happy and generally family friendly. They aren't going to overpower the roster with brooding monsters like Lucario AND Zoroark. It's one or the other.

I'm bettin' on Victini and a Jiggs cut. Lucario's a toss up, Mewtwo's a probable comeback.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Beg to disagree mon frere. Zoroark will probably only make it in if Lucario gets cut to put him in (and we both know you'd hate that ;) ). Pokemon is supposed to be light, happy and generally family friendly. They aren't going to overpower the roster with brooding monsters like Lucario AND Zoroark. It's one or the other.

I'm bettin' on Victini and a Jiggs cut. Lucario's a toss up, Mewtwo's a probable comeback.
=\ Mewtwo was cut for Lucario, the posterchild of the 4th generation. Lucario is going to get cut for the posterchild of the 5th generation... That would be Zoroark.

Victini will probably be that legendary pokemon that drops collectible items if you get it in a pokeball.

Jigglypuff... I doubt Jiggs will be cut. BUT if Jiggs gets cut, then Victini would probably be the replacement. That's a huge if.

And honestly, since Mewtwo was partially programmed in Brawl, I really am hoping for a comeback.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Lucario WAS one of the faces of the franchise during the years that 4th-gen was big... but not anymore. Sorry. As much as you might hate it, Lucario actually has a pretty big chance of being cut at this point. He's the only character I actually expect to get cut (and maybe Toon Link).

Although I agree that cutting Lucario for Deoxys wouldn't make much sense... that's just going backwards. I really don't think the Pokemon series will ever be perfect and have playable representation for every generation. It would be nice if that happened, but it probably won't.

=\ Mewtwo was cut for Lucario, the posterchild of the 4th generation. Lucario is going to get cut for the posterchild of the 5th generation... That would be Zoroark.

Victini will probably be that legendary pokemon that drops collectible items if you get it in a pokeball.

Jigglypuff... I doubt Jiggs will be cut. BUT if Jiggs gets cut, then Victini would probably be the replacement. That's a huge if.

And honestly, since Mewtwo was partially programmed in Brawl, I really am hoping for a comeback.
Actually, the way I see it, Mewtwo was cut for the Pokemon Trainer. First generation cut for another first generation. It was Pichu who was cut for Lucario... Pichu represented the latest generation of the time, just like Lucario in Brawl.

I agree with pretty much everything else you said though. Victini will probably be some really rare, special Poke ball Pokemon while Zoroark is playable. I really really REALLY doubt Jigglypuff will get cut. And I actually think it's a good possibility that Mewtwo will return.

TL;DR - Cranky Kong commanding the animal buddies as a character is more recent, more unique with a better moveset potential, and more "important" to the series than Dixie Kong, and maybe even K. Rool (although he WAS the main antagonist for a time).
Hmm... interesting read. I never really realized how the Animal buddies and Cranky Kong have appeared in pretty much every single Donkey Kong game since their existence in some way, whether a cameo or "playable" or whatever. I can see why they are very important to the series and probably pretty popular, so I can see why they deserve some sort of representation. I can also tell that they have great potential for (an) interesting, unique, unexpected moveset(s). But, I'm going to have to stick with Dixie Kong and King K. Rool.

See, the animal buddies seem more like in-game accessories then real characters to me, and that's why I've always thought an item or assist trophy would suit them better. They may have had more appearances than Dixie Kong or King K. Rool, and in my Toad Essay I did stress Toad's many appearances a lot, but the other thing I stressed was importance to the series. The animal buddies provide gameplay elements unique to Donkey Kong (kind of), and they are generally well-known (at least Rambi and Enguarde are, those were the only two I was totally familar with), but they aren't exactly as iconic of the series as King K. Rool or Dixie Kong is. Dixie Kong was playable throughout two entire games (and a couple spin-offs) as a protagonist, rather than being more of an "accessory character." King K. Rool is the most recurring villain even if he hasn't had as many recent appearances. He has importance to the history of the series however, as the king of the entire Kremling Krew, and he has popularity. His history and popularity are important over "recentness," and I'm sure many here like Kuma will agree.

I don't know, I just think these characters would be better items or assist trophies. Although I must say, they would be interesting characters and they do deserve to be represented in some way more than just a trophy.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Mewtwo was NOT cut for Lucario. Mewtwo was the one out of the Forbidden Seven that almost made it in. He has all the files the other playable characters (sans Wolf interestingly) have that either made it into the game or were dummied out like the personal victory tunes.

I swear, did everyone ignore the post I made for the actual criteria? I'm gonna be chocking some *****es up until the next Smash comes out, and I'll still probably have to do it after that game comes out.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Lucario WAS one of the faces of the franchise during the years that 4th-gen was big... but not anymore. Sorry. As much as you might hate it, Lucario actually has a pretty big chance of being cut at this point. He's the only character I actually expect to get cut (and maybe Toon Link).

Although I agree that cutting Lucario for Deoxys wouldn't make much sense... that's just going backwards. I really don't think the Pokemon series will ever be perfect and have playable representation for every generation. It would be nice if that happened, but it probably won't.

Actually, the way I see it, Mewtwo was cut for the Pokemon Trainer. First generation cut for another first generation. It was Pichu who was cut for Lucario... Pichu represented the latest generation of the time, just like Lucario in Brawl.

I agree with pretty much everything else you said though. Victini will probably be some really rare, special Poke ball Pokemon while Zoroark is playable. I really really REALLY doubt Jigglypuff will get cut. And I actually think it's a good possibility that Mewtwo will return.
I thought Pichu was a joke, not a representation. xD

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ahhh.... so SSB4 is already rumored...

*Dusts off old account*

Let the waiting game and 5000+ post arguments commence once again!
Both of those have been going on for a while already. xD And unsurprisingly, most of them involve either Pokemon, Toad, Ridley, Dixie Kong, or Krystal. Generally.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I thought Pichu was a joke, not a representation. xD
Speaking of representations, I really hope they actually represent more series properly. How about some Sin & Punishment characters? Or Golden Sun? We got a new batch of characters from the latter.

Then again... If nintendo forces the team to focus on more recent and succesful titles then I don't see it happening. But on the other hand, Sakurai might not even be on the scene this time around... DOOOOHHH I don't know what to expect!! :awesome:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I honestly hope we get someone different. Sakurai is putting less of his soul into smash bros. and more of his sole into it. And that's bad. We need to get someone on this who actually doesn't go, "AWWW but we just made a sequel seven years ago! D:"

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Well obviously not, as there are rumors of a new SSB. I never considered it dead because as unfinished as Brawl was, it was inevitable. As i said, those other series are dead to me IN MY OPINION. I don't consider remakes as reviving a series, because there is no new content or story being told, no new characters introduced. As for Starfox, being at the end of its timeline in Starfox Command, it is pretty much dead, unless they decide to do prequels or continue with Markus. Remakes are remakes, they don't introduce new characters or propel their importance. Its like saying that the remake of Ocarina of Time is going to make Impa important enough for SSB4. Of course it wont. Same goes for Starfox 3DS. See what im saying?
A remake is still a sign of activity for a series so therefore it can't be dead. Also, there is a big difference between a series that has had no original games/remakes in years and one that is at least getting remakes. Yet according to you they are both the same category? And remakes aren't enough to make a franchise consider "alive" but rumors are?

I'm not saying it'll make characters some random side character in the remake more important but that it makes the series more prominent. And while the remake might not be new to the person who originally played it, it will be to the person that gets to play it for the first time.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Both of those have been going on for a while already. xD And unsurprisingly, most of them involve either Pokemon, Toad, Ridley, Dixie Kong, or Krystal. Generally.
I've been gone for I pretty long time haven't I? ;) (left when brawl released)

I mean, I knew this discussion was already going on... but I was more referring to when the boards will have an specific section for SSB4. You know, how they had whole separate sections for character suggestions and gameplay speculation when brawl was announced. Oh, it was so fun arguing with everyone one! We were literary at each other's throats.

majora_787

Smash Hero
A remake is still a sign of activity for a series so therefore it can't be dead. Also, I think there is a big difference between a series that has had no original games/remakes in years and one that is at least getting remakes. Yet according to you they are both the same category? And remakes aren't enough to make a franchise consider "alive" but rumors are?

I'm not saying it'll make characters some random side character in the remake more important but that it makes the series more prominent. And while the remake might not be new to the person who originally played it, it will be to the person that gets to play it for the first time.
Fire Emblem is remaking games that were for the NES, and only in Japan. A lot of people never played the original SD&BL, so Shadow Dragon was a brand new experience. FE12 will be the same way.

And it hasn't changed. It's funny though, because people disregard each other even more than they did BEFORE Brawl. And the people who ignore arguments the most are usually people who are dead wrong in every way, or just feel like trolling. Which is... way too many people.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I mean, I knew this discussion was already going on... but I was more referring to when the boards will have an specific section for SSB4. You know, how they had whole separate sections for character suggestions and gameplay speculation when brawl was announced. Oh, it was so fun arguing with everyone one! We were literary at each other's throats.
I haven't stopped being at people's throats since the release of Brawl. I enjoy speculating SSB4, maybe a little too much sometimes. And since the rumors began, we have already had quite a few "heated discussions."

@CrimsonFeint:
In case you did not see it, check my last post. I responded to your Animal Buddies vs. Dixie Kong/King K. Rool topic.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Ok, enough with the old franchises, we pretty much know most of the popular ones will make it back (remember when we all thought Ness was going to be axed only to be dead wrong?) . How about some new blood?

Like Last Story, or Pandora's Tower? Seeing how the last game came out, they probably going to completely ignore them, especially since they never came out of japan (with the exception of the former). Still it would be nice to see some of them.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Fire Emblem is remaking games that were for the NES, and only in Japan. A lot of people never played the original SD&BL, so Shadow Dragon was a brand new experience. FE12 will be the same way.

And it hasn't changed. It's funny though, because people disregard each other even more than they did BEFORE Brawl. And the people who ignore arguments the most are usually people who are dead wrong in every way, or just feel like trolling. Which is... way too many people.
Yes, I completely agree.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I haven't seen much pertaining to Pandora's Tower, other than it's dungeon-traversing with a real-time time limit of some nature. But it looks interesting, and if it does well it could very well show up in Smash.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium

I like my coffee cup like I like my new character rosters.

Full and familiar!

---------------------

Alright thats enough godot-ing. It would be pretty pointless to just cut lucario out. He doesn't represent the series because he's not from the most recent game? Neither is marth, and jiggs plays no big rule anywear now other then her fanbase in japan. but there still here. Theres only one thing that lucario needs to have to stay in brawl, and thats people who want to play as him. I think he fits that requirement pretty well. Look at how upset the mewtwo fanbase was when he was taken out. I just find it hard to swallow that jiggs is in, but lucario he basically represents the whole 4th gen gets taken out. He's now one of the most iconic pokemon out there, even if brawl was partly to thank for that.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I was looking up some dummied out files in the past games and a thought came to me.

The versus screen in Classic Mode NEEDS to go back to the way it was in 64 and Melee. It's just more exciting than those overused select screen portraits in Brawl. Also, I'd love it if they finally used those versus screens in vs. mode itself. It would also help mask the loading times.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Alright thats enough godot-ing. It would be pretty pointless to just cut lucario out. He doesn't represent the series because he's not from the most recent game? Neither is marth, and jiggs plays no big rule anywear now other then her fanbase in japan. but there still here. Theres only one thing that lucario needs to have to stay in brawl, and thats people who want to play as him. I think he fits that requirement pretty well. Look at how upset the mewtwo fanbase was when he was taken out. I just find it hard to swallow that jiggs is in, but lucario he basically represents the whole 4th gen gets taken out. He's now one of the most iconic pokemon out there, even if brawl was partly to thank for that.
The difference between Lucario and Marth/Jigglypuff is that Marth and Jigglypuff are each from the first generation iterations of their respective series. In these two series that are always constantly changing, it just seems right to give respect where it's due... to the characters form the generations that set the series in motion in the first place.

That's why I don't think a bunch of first generation Pokemon alongside a single latest and greatest is such a weird or unfair idea. It even happened in both Melee and Brawl. The Latest and greatest of the series always deserves some representation, and so does the generation that started it all. What IS weird and unfair, though, is when a random middle generation is represented. What about the other middle generations? The first generation is special in that it was the one to start the series off, and the latest generation is special in that it's... well... the latest and greatest. None of the middle generations can really say that.

IF Lucario returns, than the way I see it, he'll be lowest priority, even under reviving Mewtwo (a popular first generation).

I was looking up some dummied out files in the past games and a thought came to me.

The versus screen in Classic Mode NEEDS to go back to the way it was in 64 and Melee. It's just more exciting than those overused select screen portraits in Brawl. Also, I'd love it if they finally used those versus screens in vs. mode itself. It would also help mask the loading times.
Speaking of overused, Brawl's intro makes me want to throw-up on the disk. All it is, is a bunch of gameplay footage and subspace emissary cut scenes messily slapped together, with the only goal seeming to be to make the footage fit the music.

I want to something like Melee's intro... that was amazing.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman

I agree. Additionally, I found the loading times for the classic mode (and for Brawl overall) to be ridiculous. It was pretty complete the classic mode with all the waiting when you enjoyed playing the classic mode from melee.

Wifi (like many others said) also needs to be fixed.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yeh... SSB64, and SSBM both had nice custom-animated intros. They had gameplay, but they were MOSTLY original animation. That's what SSB4 should do. None of these cutscene shenanigans.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah Spydr, it is more likely that they will be neglected and may get Rambi as an assist trophy or maybe a new type of crate item you jump on and then can ride rambi around for a bit. I would love to see K. Rool and the Animal Buddies join. Dixie is really just fixing Diddy so it's not as much adding a new character (although it is, it's just not taking up a slot). I can dream for all of them :p

Hold up, I'll post a roster image in a sec.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
The difference between Lucario and Marth/Jigglypuff is that Marth and Jigglypuff are each from the first generation iterations of their respective series. In these two series that are always constantly changing, it just seems right to give respect where it's due... to the characters form the generations that set the series in motion in the first place.

That's why I don't think a bunch of first generation Pokemon alongside a single latest and greatest is such a weird or unfair idea. It even happened in both Melee and Brawl. The Latest and greatest of the series always deserves some representation, and so does the generation that started it all. What IS weird and unfair, though, is when a random middle generation is represented. What about the other middle generations? The first generation is special in that it was the one to start the series off, and the latest generation is special in that it's... well... the latest and greatest. None of the middle generations can really say that.

IF Lucario returns, than the way I see it, he'll be lowest priority, even under reviving Mewtwo (a popular first generation)
So, you say its weird and unfair for the generations in the middle to be representing the series despite being great games, and just want to toss the great characters from it away as if they never existed?

I can understand your point when it comes to representation.

BUT TELL ME, WHERE DO WE DRAW THE LINE OF FOCUSING TO MUCH ON ADVERTISING THE SERIES?

we have 3 generation 1 pokemon and one from the newest. In the next game people request mewtwo back making it a total of 4 from the 1st gen and only one from the last. None in the middle. There not the newest, and there not what started it, but damnit they exist and were all great games that impressed and wow'd us. sorry if i'm droning, i'll just cut to the chase.

Don't put so much focus on representation. Lucario doesn't represent how pokemon first came to be, or advertises how SUPER DUPER COOL the 5th gen is. But i'll be damned if he gets cut for that. He was popular, still is popular, and will continue to be popular and wanted to be played as. Thats reason enough to keep him in. Jiggs has been kept around for that one reason. she's not so much iconic to pokemon as she is as just a part of smash. As much as all characters who have appeared in smash. This game is fanservice for the fans, not a big advirtisment. Let people play and have fun as the characters they've grown to know and love from it.

Let him be low priority. If they put effort into this game there will be no cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom