• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMario

Smash Master
I think that a slow, horizontally scrolling stage that resembles a variety of boards would be good, even possibly transforming into different minigames. (ie it could turn into Tightrope Treachery, where you're on a platform being fired at by NPCs)

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
That would work quite well for a stage, kinda like a cross between Delfino Plaza and WarioWare. /can't help much with the conversation D:

UberMario

Smash Master
That would work quite well for a stage, kinda like a cross between Delfino Plaza and WarioWare.
I was kind of thinking more along the lines of a cross between Mushroomy Kingdom and Castle Siege, but I guess that works too.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
I was kind of thinking more along the lines of a cross between Mushroomy Kingdom and Castle Siege, but I guess that works too.
Or... A mix of all of them? Meh, Delfino and WarioWare came off the top of my head at a late a night time, so yeah...

This topic needs moar talking.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
No, I think its childish that you two always seem to disagree with everything I write. Please read the context, but whatever I feel its pointless to be wasting my time arguing with you two.

Anyway, to the rest of the people who read this topic, I actually working on a variety of different works and pieces regarding Smash Bros. I feel the time in which Sakurai might begin work on Smash 4 is only about a year away.
They take SSB too seriously, WE CAN'T HAVE ANY DOGS, DRAGONS, BRAIN CREATURES, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTER SINCE THERE DUMB AND IT WOULDN'T MAKE ANY SENSE, K. /impressionofsrsssbplayers

LOL WUT? Just because Hudson Soft made Mario Party doesn't mean they own the rights to Mario Party. They only made the games in Nintendo's behalf. It is like how Rare made Donkey Kong Country in Nintendo's behalf. Anyway, we got characters from Mario Party in Smash already. :p
Annnnnnnd, this is why I haven't been checking this topic regularly.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
I have returned!!!!

Anyways, this may be a noob question, but has SSB4 actualy been confirmed yet? I looked through the thread and couldn't fin anything on it.

If it is, I'd like to see some alternate costumes that modify the characters a little bit - Mario has Dr. Mario, Wario with his plumber outfit, Maybe even Raichu for Pikachu.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
If it is, I'd like to see some alternate costumes that modify the characters a little bit - Mario has Dr. Mario, Wario with his plumber outfit, Maybe even Raichu for Pikachu.
This.

Too bad it probably will never happen, and if it somehow will, Nintendo will market it as "300 ***** CHARACTARS BUY MEEEE".

mystery_dungeon

Smash Journeyman
Sidemoon Sidemoon. Welc welc ome welc omeome.
After finding Mario Party 4-8 music that would work for smash, I've decided to take on Donkey Kong as well. Expect at least one song from every game (except the Konga trilogy and (currently) Donkey Kong Country Returns):

Donkey Kong Country:
Fear Factory
Voices of the Temple
Funky's Fugue

Donkey Kong Country 2:
Disco Train
Krook's March
Crocodile Cacophony

Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES):
Nuts and Bolts
Big Boss Blues

Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA):
Water World
Boss Boogie

Donkey Kong 64:
Hideout Helm (W/Timer)
Mini Boss
Pufftoss (Galleon Boss)

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat:
Boss Hog
Ghastly/Cactus King
Rumble Falls

Donkey Kong King of Swing:
K. Kruiser
Ice Castle (best I could find)

Donkey Kong Jungle Climber:
K. Rool Fight
Fiery Volcano

Donkey Kong Barrel Blast:
Cranky's Temple
Cosmic Highway

I didn't include Jungle Hyjinx, Stickbrush Symphony, and Gang-Plank Galleon because they were used before (only reason Cosmic Highway is on the list because I just love that theme, even though it is a remix of the Arcade/Cranky's theme).

But I digress, what does everyone think? :)

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
After finding Mario Party 4-8 music that would work for smash, I've decided to take on Donkey Kong as well. Expect at least one song from every game (except the Konga trilogy and (currently) Donkey Kong Country Returns):

Donkey Kong Country:
Fear Factory
Voices of the Temple
Funky's Fugue

Donkey Kong Country 2:
Disco Train
Krook's March
Crocodile Cacophony

Nuts and Bolts
Big Boss Blues

Water World
Boss Boogie

Donkey Kong 64:
Hideout Helm (W/Timer)
Mini Boss
Pufftoss (Galleon Boss)

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat:
Boss Hog
Ghastly/Cactus King
Rumble Falls

K. Kruiser

K. Rool Fight
Fiery Volcano

Cranky's Temple
Cosmic Highway

I didn't include Jungle Hyjinx, Stickbrush Symphony, and Gang-Plank Galleon because they were used before (only reason Cosmic Highway is on the list because I just love that theme, even though it is a remix of the Arcade/Cranky's theme).

(You could've tried SilvaGunner for DKC 1-3 music, but never mind now. :p)
All some pretty epic music, even though I haven't been able to listen to all of them in full.

I love how Nintendo always pulls out epic soundtracks. :3

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

Donkey Kong Country:
Fear Factory
Voices of the Temple
Funky's Fugue

Donkey Kong Country 2:
Disco Train
Krook's March
Crocodile Cacophony

Nuts and Bolts
Big Boss Blues

Water World
Boss Boogie

Donkey Kong 64:
Hideout Helm (W/Timer)
Mini Boss
Pufftoss (Galleon Boss)

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat:
Boss Hog
Ghastly/Cactus King
Rumble Falls

K. Kruiser

K. Rool Fight
Fiery Volcano

Cranky's Temple
Cosmic Highway

Aerie Fortress from DKJB should be in there too. Oh, and about DKJB music, they should also include the "GO!" versions as well... like they did with Delfino Plaza's and Ricco Harbor's Yoshi versions in Brawl. For those who don't know, the music in DKJB gets enhanced by extra musical cues and an audience starts shouting "GO!" in rhythm with each level's different track. This happens when you pull off some good acrobatic combos while platforming. Also, a saxaphone is also added to the "GO!" version if you're doing EXTREMELY well. It makes the gameplay more intense.

So this is what I think would also be good from Jungle Beat:
-Sky Garden (imo, it should replace the Rumble Falls theme because its kinda calm)
-Aerie Fortress
-Ninjape Rally (the actual race, not the before and after versions)

And maybe some Diddy Kong Racing music, like Star City, or Spaceport Alpha...

The DS versions are better though.

mystery_dungeon

Smash Journeyman
The "GO!" sounds like a good idea, I wouldn't mind that either BirthNote. As for you music choices:
Sky Garden: I actually forgot about this one to be honest. It does fit better than Rumble Falls. (Only reason I chose Rumbles Falls in the first place was because the stage itself was Brawl. :laugh:)

Aerie Fortress: This would be my fourth choice actually. I didn't choose it because not only did I not want to give more love to a single title, but the choices I did choose were awesome enough as it is IMO.

Ninjape Rally: I didn't think about this one. Nice choice. :)

As for Diddy Kong Racing, I thought of it more a Rare crossover than a Donkey (make that Diddy) Kong game to be honest. But then again, I never did play the game so what do I know? Nothing, thats what!

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
And if I recall correctly Nintendo had to buy DK's new model (the one with the tie, not the original "naked" one which was used until early 1994) from Rare, hence why some of the early N64 games, such as Mario Kart 64, had the disclaimer in the credits "Donkey Kong 3-D model provided courtesy of Rare UK". They also bought Diddy and a few other major characters like Dixie, the Kremlings, and K Rool either then or later on (once again iirc). It was similar to how Super Mario RPG was developed by Square on Nintendo's behalf, but they still owned the new characters, music, etc they made for it.
I'm fairly sure Nintendo always owned everything Rare made for the Donkey Kong and Star Fox series. It was Rare's own properties, like Perfect Dark and Banjo-Kazooie, which left Nintendo along with Rare.

That is definitely an interesting point about the Mario Kart 64 thing, though. I didn't know that.

mystery_dungeon

Smash Journeyman
What's this? Another music list? It's more likely than you think! This time, it's Pokemon's turn. However, I'm going for the side games instead of the main ones because they don't get any love in smash. Starting with...

Pokemon Snap:
Volcano
Rainbow Cloud

Pokemon Stadium 1&2:
Battle with Mewtwo (Stadium 1)
Battle with Red (Pokemon Stadium 2)
Battle with Rival (Pokemon Stadium 2)

Hey You Pikachu:
Viridian Forest Edge
Springleaf Field
Ochre Woods

Pokemon Colosseum:
Cipher Peon Battle
World Map
Final Battle

Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness:
Miror B. Battle
Shadow Lugia Battle
Citadark Isle

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue:
Sky Tower
Boss Battle
Great Canyon

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Darkness/Time:
Credits Theme
Battle with Darkrai/Dusknoir
Primal Dialga

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Sky:
Great Iceberg Peak
Dark Wasteland
Spacial Cliffs

Pokemon Battle Revolution:
Mysterial's Theme
Stargazer Colosseum
Magma Colosseum

Pokepark Wii:
Battle 3
Magma Zone 2
Staff Roll

Pokemon Rangers:
It's a Boss Pokemon!
Entei's Rampage
Go-Rock Grunt is Getting Serious

Pokemon Rangers 2:
Great Boss Battle
Team Yamiyami Admin
The Last Battle

I think I went overboard here this time around, but nevertheless, what does everyone think? :)

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Once again that's a pretty solid music list that I have to listen to, but we all know Sakurai isn't cool enough to put those songs in Smash. -_-

And most of them would probably be remixed for Brawl's sake. Also, I may be a dreamer, but I WANT THIS SONG IN SMASH, WHO CARES IF THE GAME IS WIIWARE. D:

K. Rool is Kool alright, we desperately need more Donkey Kong rep, even though DKCR might overshadow the older Rare Kharacters. I still also want Dixie Kong too. Heck, I'd want both of them in Smash at the same time. :p

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Sakurai had good enough taste for Brawl in terms of music. :V

Though I suppose, he generally only had about one song per obscure-ish game. Also he seemed to have a lack of portable game music, unless it got remixed, though that's understandable.

@Mystery_Dungeon: Diddy Kong Racing is Nintendo's. The recently remade it for the DS, and just took out the two rare characters. The game itself has some really good music, such as....

Star City - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsR_-1mTNgY&
Diddy Kong Racing Title Theme - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0wkoz-IkC4&
Jungle Falls - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eh2VBkM1L8&
Darkmoon Caverns - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL3PyPnxqbM&

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
And most of them would probably be remixed for Brawl's sake. Also, I may be a dreamer, but I WANT THIS SONG IN SMASH, WHO CARES IF THE GAME IS WIIWARE. D:
Man, if I ever wanted to feel schizophrenia and rail spikes through my ears at the same time, I'd listen to this song for more than 15 seconds.

I'm starting to think about how Brawl had 40+ or whatever composers arranging several tracks each, how they'd realistically inflate the music selection. Guessing it'd mostly be through more original tracks or readily available arrangements (like with Mother 3).

UberMario

Smash Master
Good posts Dungeon.

Does anyone else think this would be a cool DK song for SSB4?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doYWBsJnvN8&p=1EC2A5AE4A09E9B4&playnext=1&index=24&fmt=18

Unfortunately, it has never been cleanly recorded, so you'll have to listen, sound effects and all . . . . .

Man, if I ever wanted to feel schizophrenia and rail spikes through my ears at the same time, I'd listen to this song for more than 15 seconds.
Yeah, it sounded like it was getting really epic for the first 10 seconds, but then it became too heavy on the percussion and too trippy . . . . I do like it somewhat, but I'd rather it have turned out differently. Now this came out awesome though.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Bleah, I'm just really not a fan of techno at all. Too bad for me that Pokemon's big on it, they've got some songs that I'd enjoy otherwise.

Needs more rockin' rock music anyway.

edit: turret fight song is indeed awesome, can't believe how hard it is to find on youtube

double edit: before I head out for the night and while we're on the subject of tunes, this may well prove fascinating:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407140

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I admit it would desperately need a remix. Especially for 8 minute Brawls -_-

*sits back in lurk corner*

Toonwriter

Smash Rookie
Characters I want to see in SSB4

I have a list of characters I want to see in the fourth Smash Bros. game as fighters (besides the all the SSBB characters):

Mario

Daisy
Rosalina
Geno
Waluigi
Fawful
Midbus
Koopalings (all eight of them)
Dixie Kong
Kiddy Kong
King K. Rool
Wart
Birdo

Sonic

Tails
Knuckles
Amy Rose
Shadow
Cream

Pokémon

Pichu
Mewtwo
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Chikorita
Totodile
Cyndaquil
Grovyle
May w/ Blaziken, Venusaur, Wartortle, Skitty and Manaphy
Entei
Suicune
Raikou
Darkrai

Pikmin

Louie

Legend of Zelda

Midna
Wolf Link

Star Fox

Krystal
Slippy
Leon
Panther

Kirby

Daroach

Megaman

Megaman
Roll
Protoman
Bass
Guts Man
Cut Man
Elec Man
Ice Man
Fire Man
Bomb Man
Snake Man
Quick Man
Galaxy Man
Splash Woman
Magma Man
Concrete Man
Tornado Man
Jewel Man
Hornet Man
Plug Man
Dr. Wily

Castlevania

Simon Belmont
Alucard

Punch-Out!

Lil' Mac
King Hippo

Street Fighter

Ryu
Ken
Chun-Li
Guile
Blanka
Bison

Misc

Jack Cayman (MadWorld)
Bomberman
Nitros (Bomberman Hero)
Glover
Cross-Stitch (Glover)

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Good posts Dungeon.

Does anyone else think this would be a cool DK song for SSB4?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doYWBsJnvN8&p=1EC2A5AE4A09E9B4&playnext=1&index=24&fmt=18

Unfortunately, it has never been cleanly recorded, so you'll have to listen, sound effects and all . . . . .

Yeah, it sounded like it was getting really epic for the first 10 seconds, but then it became too heavy on the percussion and too trippy . . . . I do like it somewhat, but I'd rather it have turned out differently. Now this came out awesome though.
I forgot all about the Tusk theme. Good beat, I should've added that to my suggestions too.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Fixed for justice. ;D
I have a list of characters I want to see in the fourth Smash Bros. game as fighters (besides the all the SSBB characters):

Mario

Toad
Daisy
Rosalina
Geno
Waluigi
Fawful
Midbus
Dixie Kong
Kiddy Kong
King K. Rool
Wart
Birdo

Sonic

Tails
Knuckles
Amy Rose
Shadow
Cream

Pokémon

Pichu
Mewtwo
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Chikorita
Totodile
Cyndaquil
Grovyle
Entei
Suicune
Raikou
Darkrai

Pikmin

Louie

Legend of Zelda

Midna
Wolf Link

Star Fox

Krystal
Slippy
Leon
Panther

Kirby

Daroach

Megaman

Megaman
Roll
Protoman
Bass
Guts Man
Cut Man
Elec Man
Ice Man
Fire Man
Bomb Man
Snake Man
Quick Man
Galaxy Man
Splash Woman
Magma Man
Concrete Man
Tornado Man
Jewel Man
Hornet Man
Plug Man
Dr. Wily

Castlevania

Simon Belmont
Alucard

Punch-Out!

Lil' Mac
King Hippo

Street Fighter

Ryu
Ken
Chun-Li
Guile
Blanka
Bison

Misc

Jack Cayman (MadWorld)
Bomberman
Nitros (Bomberman Hero)
Glover
Cross-Stitch (Glover)

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Has anybody thought of any Super Mario Galaxy 2 themes that could be used for Smash 4? I would post the links, but I don't really want to reveal any spoilers. Because of that I'll just say the names of a few themes:

Bowser Jr.'s Theme
Melty Monster
Battlerock
Digga-Leg
Beach Bowl

EDIT: these themes aren't strictly from one Galaxy game.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice

Mario

Daisy
Rosalina
Geno
Waluigi
Fawful
Midbus
Dixie Kong
Kiddy Kong
King K. Rool
Wart
Birdo

Sonic

Tails
Knuckles
Amy Rose
Shadow
Cream

Pokémon

Pichu
Mewtwo
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Chikorita
Totodile
Cyndaquil
Grovyle
Entei
Suicune
Raikou
Darkrai

Pikmin

Louie

Legend of Zelda

Midna
Wolf Link

Star Fox

Krystal
Slippy
Leon
Panther

Kirby

Daroach

Megaman

Megaman
Roll
Protoman
Bass
Guts Man
Cut Man
Elec Man
Ice Man
Fire Man
Bomb Man
Snake Man
Quick Man
Galaxy Man
Splash Woman
Magma Man
Concrete Man
Tornado Man
Jewel Man
Hornet Man
Plug Man
Dr. Wily

Castlevania

Simon Belmont
Alucard

Punch-Out!

Lil' Mac
King Hippo

Street Fighter

Ryu
Ken
Chun-Li
Guile
Blanka
Bison

Misc

Jack Cayman (MadWorld)[/S]
Bomberman
Nitros (Bomberman Hero)
Glover
Cross-Stitch (Glover)
...no.
10lolwuts

I fail to see how the names of Galaxy's are spoilers, either. I think majority of us would've played Mario Galaxy ._.

Also, this thread needs moar OBSCURE CHARACTERS. Nuff said.

But I guess Puzzle Plank wouldn't be a bad idea. :p

n88

Smash Lord
Although I mostly just lurk here, I'm interjecting for a moment to say that Toonwriter's list of characters he wants to see in the game is just that; a list of characters that he personally wants to see in Smash. Eliminating or rejecting characters isn't fixing it, as I assume he knows better than others what he wants.

Wishlist=/=prediction.
Plus, he wants Rosalina and Fawful, which automatically makes him a good person.

UberMario

Smash Master
I love how that list would result in Megaman, a [potentially] new series to Smash, would end up having more characters than Mario, especially since half of them only knew one attack in their games. XD [The Koopalings count as one character because they would be near perfect clones of each other]

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Do you not want Megaman at all? I noticed that you crossed out not only every character he mentioned from the series, but also the name of the series itself. :laugh:
You can say that. Though I won't mind if he's (Megaman) in, it's just I doubt it. =P I mainly crossed it out cuz it has like a crap load of character that will never be playable. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom