• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMario

Smash Master
Does Sakurai have a certain criteria for the music that gets added to a Smash game?
I'm sure he does, just not a visible one. The closest thing I can think of is to a notable trend in his choices is that spinoff games have almost no priority unless they are called Mario Kart, and I'm sure he chose a bunch *cough*Tunnel Scene - X*cough* out of shear preference.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
I know that his list was who he wanted in Smash, but I hate the fact that Megaman has more wanted characters than Mario AND Pokemon. Srsly. xD

Speaking of Pokemon.......... /insert reason for not saying Lucario vs. Mewtwo here

It should just be Lucario vs. Pichu. Pssh, Mewtwo has NO CHANCE ever since Pichu came into da scene!
/sarcasm

PD4FR

Smash Ace
It should just be Lucario vs. Pichu. Pssh, Mewtwo has NO CHANCE ever since Pichu came into da scene!
/sarcasm
That explains why both Pichu and Mewtwo got cut. :p

Personally, I thought Mewtwo was horrendously bad at fighting an awesome addition to Melee. I'd love to see him make a comeback.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
tiers r 4 queers, PD4FR

lol, I prefer Mewtwo much more over Lucario (if you haven't noticed), but I still like Lucario in Brawl. Either way, I'd say his chances of getting into Smash 4 is hard to say, especially with the 5th Gen Pokemon that are starting to overshadow him.

People keep debating whether it'll be either:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (any gen)
Mewtwo
5th Gen Mon

OR

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario
5th Gen Mon

OR

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
5th Gen Mon

OR

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Mewtwo
5th Gen Mon

OR
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (5th gen only)
Mewtwo
OR

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (5th gen only)
Lucario

OR

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Mewtwo
5th Gen Mon

OR just about any sort of varient. I'd prefer the very latter of these choices, but we know Sakurai isn't cool wouldn't do such a thing to give Pokemon THAT many reps. If that's the case, I'd like either the first or second one, but I'd guess Mewtwo still had a better chance for Smash 4 over Lucario.

Then again, considering Brawl and Melee's character additions, we should be expecting at LEAST 48 characters in total; 50 or 51 including transformations from past SSBs.

Which one would you guys prefer; if any? :p And maybe later I'll post my personal views of certain characters and the Smash Series.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I vote

Gold
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Probs a 5th Gen, there's got to be one I like
Red

Oh noes, two Poke trainers. >.>

PD4FR

Smash Ace
lol, I prefer Mewtwo much more over Lucario
...Mewtwo still sucks, tho.
Lucario must suck, then.

Seriously, though, Mewtwo was awesome, I don't care if he wasn't a strong character.
He was fun to spam with play as. :bee:

Edit- To tell you the truth Elpanandero, I wouldn't mind having two Pokemon trainers. More variety for the win.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Lucario must suck, then.
I meant his fighting skillz in Melee. Whoppededoo. D:

Seriously, though, Mewtwo was awesome, I don't care if he wasn't a strong character.
He was fun to spam with play as. :bee:
:chuckle:

Edit- To tell you the truth Elpanandero, I wouldn't mind having two Pokemon trainers. More variety for the win.
Okay, as much as I hate his lack of Jigglypuff (ORIGINAL 12 FTW!!!11!!!1), I do agree that having two trainers would be pretty awesome. Gold IS epic, after all :3

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I meant his fighting skillz in Melee. Whoppededoo. D:

:chuckle:

Okay, as much as I hate his lack of Jigglypuff (ORIGINAL 12 FTW!!!11!!!1), I do agree that having two trainers would be pretty awesome. Gold IS epic, after all :3
So it would be a trainer with first gen and another with second gen, then? I approve of that. :ganondorf:

Oh, and of course the original 12 should stay. The regulars should never be cut. :)

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
So it would be a trainer with first gen and another with second gen, then? I approve of that. :ganondorf:

Oh, and of course the original 12 should stay. The regulars should never be cut. :)
3rd or 4th Gen could also work, but honestly, Gold/2nd Gen Trainer would be a better choice, despite the 5th Gen coming out. I mean, look how long it's been since the first generation of Pokemon games. Yet, after about 10 years, he STILL becomes the Pokemon Trainer for Brawl.

So yeah. tl;dr: 2nd gen trainer before 3rd-5th gen Trainer. :p

My main thing with Smash has suddenly become the Original 12. Someone claims they want one of them out of Smash, they aren't my friend anymore. (As much as I love teh Jigglypuff, I'll accept people who don't want her in. Still, she ain't bein' removed :p)

PD4FR

Smash Ace
3rd or 4th Gen could also work, but honestly, Gold/2nd Gen Trainer would be a better choice, despite the 5th Gen coming out. I mean, look how long it's been since the first generation of Pokemon games. Yet, after about 10 years, he STILL becomes the Pokemon Trainer for Brawl.

So yeah. tl;dr: 2nd gen trainer before 3rd-5th gen Trainer. :p

My main thing with Smash has suddenly become the Original 12. Someone claims they want one of them out of Smash, they aren't my friend anymore. (As much as I love teh Jigglypuff, I'll accept people who don't want her in. Still, she ain't bein' removed :p)
I could see first and second before third, and third before the most recent two.
That's because the first two generations were brilliant, you know. :lick:

It started going downhill after that, imo.

Oh, and yea, if a regular goes, I go. Not really, but you get my point.

So, I guess my new list is:

Red
Gold
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

I probably wouldn't mind a fifth gen if there was one, but I'm fine with just the addition of the trainers and also regaining Mewtwo. :bee:

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
I could see first and second before third, and third before the most recent two.
That's because the first two generations were brilliant, you know. :lick:

It started going downhill after that, imo.
Ever so totally it did. /end comment in a random quote

Oh, and yea, if a regular goes, I go. Not really, but you get my point.

So, I guess my new list is:

Red
Gold
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

I probably wouldn't mind a fifth gen if there was one, but I'm fine with just the addition of the trainers and also regaining Mewtwo. :bee:
I myself agree with your list, now. A lot. :p

The only thing holding back the list would be.... *drumroll*

THE FREAKING POKEMON COMPANY! At least, it's a rumour it would be. I know that it hasn't been verified, but considering The Pokemon Company has slight rule over which Pokemon characters are in Smash, we'd be likely to see a 5th Gen Advertisement. -_-

I really don't want Zoroark in Smash at all, to be honest. If he's in, I go, like I would if a Regular left. Not really, like you said. I'd just go on a rampage in a Godzilla costume through Japan...

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I'd just go on a rampage in a Godzilla costume through Japan...[/COLOR]
Isn't that normal for them? It probably wouldn't concern them. :p
Before anyone flames me, I love Japan, so don't even think about it.

Yea, I'd be surprised if a fifth gen didn't make it in. I'm not sure who it would be, though. *Looks at list of fifth gen Pokemon* Um, any ideas? And by that I mean good ideas. :urg:

UberMario

Smash Master
I say they should raise the "character cap" the different series have beyond four to eight [or something similar, like I said before I think the next smash will emphasize more on the battling than being 2-games-in-1 like Brawl tried to be [inb4wutaboutdemos]]

[Series that should have more than four characters]

Mario Bros:
-Mario
-Dr. Mario [de-cloned]
-Luigi
-Peach [Daisy as an alternate, like in Melee]
-Bowser
-Toad
-Bowser Jr.
-Fawful
-Geno* [not likely, but who knows, I'd like Square music in the next game . . . so . . . ]
-Paper Mario* [as an "independent" series though]

Legend of Zelda:
-Link
-Toon Link [decloned]
-Young Link [decloned]
-Zelda/Shiek
-Toon Zelda [Brawl Beta Character]
-Ganondorf
-Tingle

Donkey Kong:
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
-Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong (just so that Diddy Kong's moveset can be transferred over, as it wouldn't really work as a tagteam, especially with his recoveries)
-King K. Rool
-Funky Kong [Not really, but he'd be lolzworthy if they gave him a unique moveset]

Pokemon:
-Pokemon Trainer ["customizable" can choose generation and gender]
[Red w/ Ash and Retro alternates or Leaf w/ R/B/Y beta alternate (seen in the manga) OR Rival/Gary]
-Squirtle
-Ivysaur
-Charizard
[Gold or Crystal or Soul]
-Chikorita
-Croconaw
-Typhlosion
[Brandon or May]
-Treecko
-Marshtomp
-Blaziken
[Lucas or Dawn]
-Piplup
-Monferno
-Torterra
[Black or White]
-Tsutarja
-Futachimaru
-Enbouu
(yeah I know most these are Fire finals, but Johto's fire line has two stages that can't grab in any way, at least grass types like Torterra or Ivysaur can use vine whip, and I'm pretty sure most people would want Blaziken over Sceptile and
Tsutarja loses it's legs at it's final stage, Mijumaru become a quadruped in it's final stage which has nothing to do with the awesomeness of the first evo, and Wotter2 > Baycon2, Baycon is also quadrupedal. ~_~
)
Spoiler:
N (note that most of these aren't actually part of his lineup, but would work for being bad*** and extra 5th gen rep)
-Warubiaru [Red Bipedal Croc with Sunglasses]
-Abagoora [Blue Bipedal Sea Turtle]
-Zuruzukin [Gangsta Lizard, I hate his design . . . .but I do admit he'd be entertaining to watch]
-Kirikizan [the "Power Ranger"]
-Ononokusu [Axehead Dragon]
-Agirudaa [the "Ninja Clam"]
(also, none of these Pokemon grow tired, making the Pokemon Trainers less reliant on inconvenient switching)
-Pikachu
-Pichu [decloned]
-Raichu [decloned, only a filler to complete the chain]
-Jigglypuff
-Mewtwo
-Plusle & Minun [yeah, I know that it's now being considered the Random Box by some, but it would be a good combination, besides, the 3rd gen never got a rep. ;_;]
-Lucario
-Zoroark [It'd be cool to see Lucario and Zoroark duel in SSB]

Kirby:
-Kirby [with his ability system revamped, so that you can get REAL kirby powers, i.e. inhaling Ness could make Kirby become Yo-Yo Kirby, etc.]
-King DeDeDe
-Meta-Knight
-Rick the Hamster
-Knuckle Joe [the most popular KSS companion]
-Ado/Adeline [mostly for the creativity, it could be Kirby's Pokemon Trainer]

Sonic the Hedgehog:
-Sonic [with a more diverse moveset . . . I'm looking at Side B and Down B >_>]
-Metal Sonic [pseudo clone]
-Tails
-Knuckles
-Amy (little known fact . . .she's been around longer than Knuckles, MS too, though Vector the Crocodile actually came out before Amy AND Tails . . he'd be better as an AT)

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Let's not turn this into Tenkaichi 3, now. :p

Nah, but seriously, I like what you did there, nice input. It would be cool to have a lot of those characters. :bee:

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Isn't that normal for them? It probably wouldn't concern them. :p
Before anyone flames me, I love Japan, so don't even think about it.
Lol, I love Japan too, but I thought it'd make sense to do that... :p

Yea, I'd be surprised if a fifth gen didn't make it in. I'm not sure who it would be, though. *Looks at list of fifth gen Pokemon* Um, any ideas? And by that I mean good ideas. :urg:
Uhh.... I honestly don't know :X Wait until Black and White get their NA release.

I say they should raise the "character cap" the different series have beyond four to eight [or something similar, like I said before I think the next smash will emphasize more on the battling than being 2-games-in-1 like Brawl tried to be [inb4wutaboutdemos]]
LOLDEMOS

Now, my only problem is if series get OVER-represented. Because if we have these series get more characters, we'd have to see all the series get at least one or two more characters :/
I'm not too too sure about this, but lets have a look, shall we.

Mario Bros:
-Mario Uh... obviously xD

-Dr. Mario [de-cloned] I'd rather see him as a costume for Mario, but then again, it'd be cool if he got decloned

-Luigi Same as Mario :p

-Peach [Daisy as an alternate, like in Melee] MOAR OBVIOUS!

-Bowser YES! Now can we get sum newer peepz?

-Toad I myself prefer him over Bowser Jr., so good choice. Before I get flamed, I'll have you know Yoshi has become just as generic as Toads have.

-Bowser Jr. I don't like him much. But he's a good candidate either way.

-Fawful I've never played the M&L RPG games. Not sure if he's THAT LIKELY SHADOW QUEEN, but he wouldn't be a bad idea.

-Paper Mario* [as an "independent" series though] This I liek! Unlike most people, I believe Paper Mario can easily be unique and different from Mario, so I agree with him being in.

Overall, the Mario list is pretty solid. Movin' on!

Legend of Zelda:
-Link ...I'm gonna stop commenting on obvious ones.
-Toon Link [decloned]
-Young Link [decloned] I'm a bit iffy, but then again, the OoT remake on 3DS most definitely boosts his chances of getting back in.
-Zelda/Shiek
-Toon Zelda [Brawl Beta Character] People don't really like her :/ I'll be okay if she's in Smash AS LONG as she's a semi-clone at the most (like, Wolf and Lucas semi-clone), and if she's able to turn into Tetra. I mean, she's a PIRATE! 83
-Ganondorf
-Tingle Am I the only person other than you who could easily tolerate Tingle in Smash? Well, I agree with this.

I'm VERY happy you stayed towards more streamline Zelda characters (despite the fact I like Vaati a lot), and I salute you here.

Donkey Kong:
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
-Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong (just so that Diddy Kong's moveset can be transfered over, as it wouldn't really work as a tagteam, especially with his recoveries) Hm... I'd rather Dixie be a solo character (as I want her in almost more than K. Rool), but I guess a tag team with her and Kiddy is still plausible.

-King K. Rool This is an obvious agreement. Need I say more?

-Funky Kong [Not really, but he'd be lolzworthy if they gave him a unique moveset] HECK NO!....sorry, I got carried away, since I much prefer Lanky Kong D: Still, with some good work on his moveset he could work.

Pokemon:
-Pokemon Trainer ["customizable" can choose generation and gender] The idea of customizable trainers sounds a little over the top, but that's Wii standards. This could actually be carried off well on the Next Gen Console.
[Red w/ Ash and Retro alternates or Leaf w/ R/B/Y beta alternate (seen in the manga) OR Rival/Gary]
-Squirtle
-Ivysaur
-Charizard
-Chikorita
-Croconaw
-Typhlosion
[Brandon or May]
-Treecko
-Marshtomp
-Blaziken
[Lucas or Dawn]
-Piplup
-Monferno
-Torterra
[Black or White]
-Tsutarja
-Futachimaru
-Enbouu
(yeah I know most these are Fire finals, but Johto's fire line has two stages that can't grab in anyway, at least grass types like Torterra or Ivysaur can use vine whip, I'm pretty sure most people would want Blaziken over Sceptile and
Tsutarja loses it's legs at it's final stage, Mijumaru become a quadruped in it's final stage which has nothing to do with the awesomeness of the first evo, and Wotter2 > Baycon2
) Well, aside from the continuous Fire finals (which you explained), I agree with this for the most part.
Spoiler:
N (note that most of these aren't actually part of his lineup, but would work for being bad*** and extra 5th gen rep)
-Zuruzukin [Gangsta Lizard, I hate his design . . . .but I do admit he'd be entertaining to watch]
He could certainly be the WTF character for Pokemon! xD
(also, none of these Pokemon grow tired, making the Pokemon Trainers less reliant on inconvenient switching) WHOOOOP! /shot'd
-Pikachu
-Pichu [decloned] Iffy on this, but I like Pichu :D
-Raichu [decloned, only a filler to complete the chain] Meh, I don't see much of the point of adding Raichu. If possible, he could be a Pika alt. costume. It'd be quite surprising if he was decloned :p
-Jigglypuff
-Mewtwo This one's also quite obvious. WHO WOULDN'T WANT MEWTWO BACK?

-Plusle & Minun [yeah, I know that it's now being considered the Random Box by some, but it would be a good combination, besides, the 3rd gen never got a rep. ;_; Too many Electric types, but then again, we DO need a 3rd Gen rep as you said. *agrees with the pra_mai being Plusle/Minun theory*

-Lucario Sure, he could come back

-Zoroark [It'd be cool to see Lucario and Zoroark duel in SSB] Pfft, I myself think that Mewtwo vs. Lucario vs. Zoroark is even EPICER!

Kirby:
-Kirby [with his ability system revamped, so that you can get REAL kirby powers, i.e. inhaling Ness could make Kirby become Yo-Yo Kirby, etc.] This is acceptable with me
-King DeDeDe
-Meta-Knight
-Rick the Hamster Erm.... I dunno much about Rick but... does he have much potential as a fighter?

-Knuckle Joe [the most popular KSS companion] I'd be fine with this.

-Ado/Adeline [mostly for the creativity, it could be Kirby's Pokemon Trainer] I've been rooting for her for awhile, to be honest.

I usually depict Kirby as a series that doesn't need side rep, considering all the most prominent characters are already in Smash, but we'll see the outcome sooner or later.

Sonic the Hedgehog: NOOOOOOOOO! *ding*
-Sonic [with a more diverse moveset . . . I'm looking at Side B and Down B >_>] Yeahh...... maybe some abilities from SA1-2/any 3D Sonic game would be good too.

-Metal Sonic [pseudo clone] Rather see him as a alt. costume, but meh. He might have potential.

-Tails I don't like the idea of multiple Sonic characters in Smash, but if this WERE to happen, he's the most likely.

-Knuckles He could work well in Smash too, but like I said, I don't like the idea of multiple Sonic characters.

-Amy (little known fact . . .she's been around longer than Knuckles, MS too) I knew that for quite a bit. If she wasn't so annoying, I'd be fine with her.

I'm not so huge about a larger character cap, but Smash is unpredictable. I'm just happy you aren't asking for stupid characters that haven't been on a Ninty console or some obscure character that REALLY doesn't deserve to be in the Smash Scene.

Comments in Purple. :D

UberMario

Smash Master
What Pokemon Black/White music do you guys think should get in? This is my list: [I'mnot naming it for those that don't want to be spoiled]

A combination of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJFU3h***gU&fmt=18
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vpN2__rvRE&fmt=18
A combination of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7B45eF3nDM&fmt=18
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtNB6ZnlbkM&fmt=18
And the following:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEAVyG2Hs_A&feature=related&fmt=18
I'd like some other tracks from these games in too . . . . but everyone seems obsessed with uploading the battle themes.

EDIT: Saw your comments Moogi, I honestly forgot about Vaati. :urg:

PD4FR

Smash Ace
As far as Pokemon Black and White go, I'd like to see this make it into SSB4.

Or maybe I'm crazy. :p

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
@UberMario: I'll forgive you for forgetting him... for now xD

@PD4FR: Nah, you aren't crazy. At least in my opinion :p

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hey guys, where is everybody?

I've been gone for two months.... whats going on?

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord

Mario Bros:
-Mario
-Dr. Mario [de-cloned] No way
-Luigi
-Peach [Daisy as an alternate, like in Melee]
-Bowser
-Toad I love you
-Bowser Jr. I love you more
-Fawful No, he needs to be in more games before even being considered. =P
-Geno* [not likely, but who knows, I'd like Square music in the next game . . . so . . . ] Music doesn't equal playable, maybe assist trophy, but he definately doesn't deserve playable.
-Paper Mario* [as an "independent" series though] Hell yea

Legend of Zelda:
-Link
-Toon Link [decloned]
-Young Link [decloned] I love the idea of this, he can have Link's SSB64
-Zelda/Shiek
-Toon Zelda I love the idea of this
-Ganondorf
-Tingle No

Donkey Kong:
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
-Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong (just so that Diddy Kong's moveset can be transferred over, as it wouldn't really work as a tagteam, especially with his recoveries)
-King K. Rool
-Funky Kong [Not really, but he'd be lolzworthy if they gave him a unique moveset]

Pokemon:
-Pokemon Trainer ["customizable" can choose generation and gender]
-Squirtle
-Ivysaur
-Charizard
-Chikorita
-Croconaw
-Typhlosion
[Brandon or May]
-Treecko
-Marshtomp
-Blaziken
[Lucas or Dawn]
-Piplup
-Monferno
-Torterra
[Black or White]
-Tsutarja
-Futachimaru
-Enbouu
(yeah I know most these are Fire finals, but Johto's fire line has two stages that can't grab in any way, at least grass types like Torterra or Ivysaur can use vine whip, and I'm pretty sure most people would want Blaziken over Sceptile and
Tsutarja loses it's legs at it's final stage, Mijumaru become a quadruped in it's final stage which has nothing to do with the awesomeness of the first evo, and Wotter2 > Baycon2, Baycon is also quadrupedal. ~_~
)
Spoiler:
(also, none of these Pokemon grow tired, making the Pokemon Trainers less reliant on inconvenient switching)
No.
-Pikachu
-Pichu [decloned] No
-Raichu [decloned, only a filler to complete the chain] Hell no
-Jigglypuff
-Mewtwo Yes
-Plusle & Minun [yeah, I know that it's now being considered the Random Box by some, but it would be a good combination, besides, the 3rd gen never got a rep. ;_;] No
-Lucario No
-Zoroark [It'd be cool to see Lucario and Zoroark duel in SSB]

Kirby:
-Kirby [with his ability system revamped, so that you can get REAL kirby powers, i.e. inhaling Ness could make Kirby become Yo-Yo Kirby, etc.]
-King DeDeDe
-Meta-Knight
-Rick the Hamster No
-Knuckle Joe [the most popular KSS companion] No
-Ado/Adeline [mostly for the creativity, it could be Kirby's Pokemon Trainer] Nice

Sonic the Hedgehog:
-Sonic [with a more diverse moveset . . . I'm looking at Side B and Down B >_>]
-Metal Sonic [pseudo clone]
-Tails Yes
-Knuckles Yes
-Amy (little known fact . . .she's been around longer than Knuckles, MS too, though Vector the Crocodile actually came out before Amy AND Tails . . he'd be better as an AT) OMG I REALLY LOVE YOU <3<3<3
Sky blue is the comments from me.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
SSB had 2 Pokemon. Melee had 4 Pokemon. Brawl had 6 Pokemon. Maybe SSB4 will have 8 Pokemon. This is the Pokemon roster I hope to see in SSB4:

1. Pikachu
2. Jigglypuff
3. Meowth (he's been in almost as many episodes as Pikachu have in the anime to the point that he and Pikachu are the only 1st gen Pokemon starring in the 5th gen episodes now, he needs to be playable now already!)
4. Mewtwo
5. Tsutarja / Futachimaru / Enbuoo (sorry Gold but the 5th gen starters look cooler than the 2nd gen starters even though the original Gold was my first Pokemon game)
6. Genosect (sorry Zoroark but a bug-steel legendary Pokemon that looks like a Transformer with a Mewtwo-like origin sounds cooler than a regular dark Pokemon that is just a furry)

So there you have it, four 1st gen Pokemon and four 5th gen Pokemon for a total of 8 playable Pokemon.

Meowth for SSB4! Tsutarja for SSB4! Futachimaru for SSB4! Enbuoo for SSB4! Genosect for SSB4! :)

UberMario

Smash Master
So . . . I guess you hate the Pokemon Trainer that's in Brawl thn SM44. lol [and are a heavy Sonic fan]

Like I said about Raichu, he'd only be a filler to complete the evo line (and only if Pichu came back).

@PD4FR: Nice link! *goes to listen to the non-battle music*

*brings up something else Pokemon related*

Do you guys think some of the anime music should be possibility? It's not like it's impossible, Misty's melee trophy is based off her anime look, which has an outfit that comes nowhere close to what she looks like in any of the main rpgs.

(These in particular would be awesome):
Pokemon Red/Blue: vs. Rival
Pokemon Red/Blue: vs. Trainer
Pokemon Gold/Silver: Champion Theme
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire: Team Magma/Aqua
Pokemon Anime: Who is Stronger? (Am I the only one that thinks this sounds a LOT like Metal Gear Solid Encounter for the first half?)
Pokemon Anime: vs. Copy Pokemon
Pokemon Anime: Capture On
Pokemon Anime: As long as I can hold my breath
Pokemon Anime: Lugia's Song
Pokemon Anime: Counterattack!!
Pokemon Anime: Regirock
Pokemon Anime: Season 1 Theme
Pokemon Anime: Season 2 Theme

There were a lot of amazing songs in the Pokemon anime.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I would really love to see the music from the Pokemon anime appear. When it comes to the Pokemon anime, I think it acts as the exception to the "No anime" rule simply because it's so well known and the SSB games borrow the following:

1. Just about all the character voices.
2. Seemingly Lucario from the 8th movie.
3. The aforementioned Misty trophy.

At the very least, the season one theme should appear. I would pick the stage it's on all the time.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, yes... and don't forget Meowth's Melee trophy. It doesn't read like its the Meowth from the games, but rather the Meowth from Meowth's Party and that Meowth was based on the anime's Meowth. Meowth's Brawl trophy is based on the Meowth from the games, though. It's ridiculous how Meowth still isn't playable in Smash after three games when he's still showing up in the anime well into the 5th gen episodes alongside Pikachu. He would make a good rep for the anime part of the franchise. Oh, and the only reason why the Pokemon anime is the exception to the "no anime" rule is that Pokemon originated in games first.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
SSB had 2 Pokemon. Melee had 4 Pokemon. Brawl had 6 Pokemon. Maybe SSB4 will have 8 Pokemon. This is the Pokemon roster I hope to see in SSB4:

1. Pikachu
2. Jigglypuff
3. Meowth (he's been in almost as many episodes as Pikachu have in the anime to the point that he and Pikachu are the only 1st gen Pokemon starring in the 5th gen episodes now, he needs to be playable now already!)
4. Mewtwo
5. Tsutarja / Futachimaru / Enbuoo (sorry Gold but the 5th gen starters look cooler than the 2nd gen starters even though the original Gold was my first Pokemon game)
6. Genosect (sorry Zoroark but a bug-steel legendary Pokemon that looks like a Transformer with a Mewtwo-like origin sounds cooler than a regular dark Pokemon that is just a furry)

So there you have it, four 1st gen Pokemon and four 5th gen Pokemon for a total of 8 playable Pokemon.

Meowth for SSB4! Tsutarja for SSB4! Futachimaru for SSB4! Enbuoo for SSB4! Genosect for SSB4! :)
Can you ever say something without sounding offensive/jerky? >.< There was no reason to say "LOL HE SHOULDNT BE PLAYABLE HES JUST A POKEMON FURRY11111!". And Meowth doesn't deserve to be playable simply cuz in the anime, he couldn't fight well.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Just because Meowth isn't a fighter in the anime doesn't mean the whole Meowth species in the games cannot fight at all.

Well, what is Zoroark exactly if he's not a furry? What can I use to describe him? An anthromorphic fox? Well, that's what a furry is. A furry is basically any anthromorphic animal.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Are we gonna have to listen to Arc whine about Meowth again? Why can't you guys talk about something cool like... anything but Meowth?

Also Shortie better have played Unwound Future while he was gone.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The word furry is used in so many ways that it's hard to make a single definition. The word can refer to anyone of the fandom that enjoys anthropomorphic animals (for whatever reason that may be). By that definition, most people would be considered furries.

Anyway, I mentioned something a while back that never really got off of the ground: What do you guys think about adding a new attack button? I'm not talking a new special button or something like the Drive button from GG/BB, just a new button for regular attacks (nearly doubling the number of attacks a character has). Two new buttons might not be a bad idea, but I think that would be changing too much without the fanbase *****ing about it.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
@Arc: It's really just how incredibly vocal and occasionally long-winded you get over stuff you like or hate. Mix that with how incapable you are of properly supporting/criticizing certain things beyond "well sorry, that's just how I feel" and it's kind of a buzz kill.

To be fair, most people here are just as selfish (well maybe not selfish, that's a harsh word, but definitely ignorant to mass interest), and you're one of my favorite people here, so don't worry about it.

I'm definitely sick of Pokemon right now though.

@Kuma: An extra attack button always sounded unnecessary. If you really want to increase the number of moves characters have, why not some sort of new item that changes certain moves? Like the beam sword and whatnot, but functionally different (and maybe you can't throw it), so I guess a little more like the Screw Attack in some way.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
This thread goes too fast... xD

How can I lurk every couple days when there's like four pages to read? And when I restore my tabs and see the page I was looking at last, I discover that any comments I'd want to respond to are no longer topical, lmao.

In any case, I just want to say that:
-- F-Zero Music is win... (that is all :p)
-- Being well orchestrated, Mario Galaxy Music sounds incredible and would be pretty epic in Smash.

Also...
There are hundreds of Pokemon in their series and because of this, few will ever be happy about their number/reps in smash. Yes, it would be ideal to have a "trainer" rep from each gen but that's unrealistic and just too many pokemon. Its more realistic to hope for a single rep from each gen, but the first gen already has technically 5 reps. However, Mewtwo would be awesome to have back. I also hope Smash 4 doesn't become a 5th gen advertisement... but consider this. There's a chance that we'll be looking at 6th gen Pokemon for Smash 4. Its only been almost three years since Brawl's release and if it takes Smash 4 as long to come out as it did Brawl - approx. 7 years - then 6th gen Pokemon is a real possibility. Here's to hoping it doesn't take that long, lol.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Its only been almost three years since Brawl's release and if it takes Smash 4 as long to come out as it did Brawl - approx. 7 years - then 6th gen Pokemon is a real possibility. Here's to hoping it doesn't take that long, lol.
Melee took them 2 years.

If they won't bother with such crap as masterpisses or Subspace Emissary, Smash 4 would be created much quicker.

UberMario

Smash Master
It's ridiculous how Meowth still isn't playable in Smash after three games when he's still showing up in the anime well into the 5th gen episodes alongside Pikachu.
Random fact:

SSB had a few characters scrapped early on according to an interview:
-Bowser
-Peach
-King DeDeDe
-Pit
-Meowth
-Mewtwo
(Also James Bond and Ash Ketchum were listed on the old Japanese SSB64 site, but I can't find the link to it nor do I remember what their "role" [an actually scrapped character, fan vote, etc] was]

Meowth was the only one not to be used at any point. Also, SSB and SSBM have voice samples for final smashes. (Captain Falcon's "Come On" and "Blue Falcon" samples were DIRECTLY taken from Melee's samples, with the "Come On" also being in the original.)

EDIT: Here it is, I'm not sure who voted on it though, considering there were only about 400 votes.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I really don't know where the rumor about Mewtwo, King Dedede, Bowser, Peach, Pit, and Meowth being planned to be in SSB64 came from but I do know for sure that Mewtwo, King Dedede, and Bowser were planned to be in SSB64 according to Sakurai... though I find it suspicious that the rumor was correct with 5 out of 6.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
James Bond? xD

Even if he COULD get in, there'd be plenty of copyright issues. And Ash Ketchum? No. Just no. -___-

I would've liked Meowth, to be honest, but he lost his chance back in the 64/Melee days. Same could be said for someone like Banjo-Kazooie or any Nintendo RPG character not mentioned ever again. I know that there are retros, but they're older than old, and most likely represent unrepresented series. :p

BTW, if I disappear for a while, it's because of a troll incident. One that didn't take my advice and is telling people to stay away from me at all costs. *hates how SmashBoards is 99% idiotic*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom