• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asteuruxaz2082

Smash Cadet
Sweet, thx.

This thread has turned in to a "create your roster" mudhole, hasn't it?

Well, if that's the case, since a DS and a Console rosters have been created that are basically agreed upon, maybe some other aspect of the game should be touched on.

Like: what stadium modes should be kept, added, or eliminated in the next smash?
Your welcome:), And possibly Kept or added

Asteuruxaz2082

Smash Cadet
no, i meant which stadium modes should be kept, or what new ones should be added,
Maybe the Added should be: Elimination, Burly Brawl, and Cruel Mode with the Playable Characters

Anyway, Here's the Stages list:

New Stages:

Hyrule Field
Bowser's Castle
Scrap Brain Zone
King K. Rool's Ship
Super Mario World
Tetris Stage
Dr. Mario
All of the Galaxies from Super Mario Galaxy
Sector 1
SSB4 Final Destination
SSB4 Battlefield
The Final Battle of Bowser's Castle
DK Island
The Great Fox
Star Wolf
Cerulean Cave
Mushroom Kingdom III
Flying Battery Zone
Mario Kart Wii
The Wii

Brawl Stages:

Bridge of Eldin
Luigi's Mansion
Mushroomy Kingdom
Delfino Plaza
Rumble Falls
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pirate Ship
Port Town Aero Dive
Shadow Moses Island
Distant Planet
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Smashville
Sky World

Lylat Cruise
Spear Pillar
WarioWare, Inc.
Halberd
Green Hill Zone
Yoshi's Island
Flat Zone 2

Melee Stages:

Mushroom Kingdom 2
Jungle Japes
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Hyrule Temple
Yoshi's Island
Onett
Fourside
Mute City
Poke Floats
Brinstar Depths
Greens Green
Fountain of Dreams

Classic Stages:

Saffron City
Dreamland
Mushroom Kingdom
Peach's Castle
Hyrule Castle

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
those would all be awesome. there was hope that brawl would have a "goal challenge" mode, using the soccer ball and a goal. a character would try to smash the ball into the goal, and the other character (a cpu or a person) would defend. it sounded awesome.
I would also like to see board the platforms and race to the finish make a comeback.

Agi

Smash Lord
I'd like to see boss battles make a comeback. One of the bosses could be Giga Bowser... in the Koopa Clown Car!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sweet, thx.

This thread has turned in to a "create your roster" mudhole, hasn't it?

Well, if that's the case, since a DS and a Console rosters have been created that are basically agreed upon, maybe some other aspect of the game should be touched on.

Like: what stadium modes should be kept, added, or eliminated in the next smash?
I think the ones in now should be kept, but there are changes I'd like to see:

Break the Targets
* Make them custom again and bring back the old target test theme from Melee.
* Make them look like they're from each character's respective series. The Ice Climbers one in Melee is a good example of this.

Multi-Man
*Put in some healing items so it's easier to do 15-Min fights.

Boss Battles
*Don't make them NES hard.
* NO TABUU. Don't even think about bringing him back even for the story mode if there is one.

I'd bring back board the platforms and race to the finish.

Anyway, since this is being done again, I'll put up my roster again. Red are newcomers, unlockables are blue, and those with a * by them are alternate character models for the character above them. Models are unlocked under certain conditions.

Mario
* Dr. Mario
* Tanooki Mario
* Frog Mario
Luigi
* Mr. L
*Tanooki Luigi
* Frog Luigi
Bowser
*Dry Bones Bowser
Peach
*Daisy
*Rosalina
Geno OR Bowser Jr.

Yoshi

Wario
* Overalls Wario
Captain Syrup
*Retro Captain Syrup

Zelda/Sheik
Link
* Zora Tunic Link
* Magic Armor Link
Toon Link
Ganondorf
Vaati

Samus Aran/Zero Suit Samus
* Dark Suit Samus
* Light Suit Samus
* PED Suit Samus
Ridley

Donkey Kong
*Funky Kong
Diddy Kong
*Dixie Kong
K. Rool
*Capt. K. Rool

Fox
Falco
Krystal
Wolf

Ness
*Ninten
*Ana
*Paula
*Poo
Lucas
*Kumatora
Claus

Pikachu
*Pichu
*Raichu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
*Female Pokemon Trainer
* M/F Johto Trainer
* M/F Hoenn Trainer
* M/F Sinnoh Trainer

Kirby
*Waddle Dee
*Waddle Doo
King Dedede
Meta Knight
* Maskless Meta Knight

Captain Falcon
*Black Shadow
Pico
Jody Summers

Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
Sukapon
Takamaru

Pit
Olimar
*Louie
Captain Rainbow
Isaac
Lip
Tom Nook

Ray 01

Marth
*Roy
*Sigurd
Next FE Lord or a spell caster.
Ike
*RD Look

Solid Snake
Sonic the Hedgehog
Megaman

55 characters, 41 alt. models/costumes

Now that I think about it, this is quite a lot.

Agi

Smash Lord

Unfortunately, the character lists are starting to look like this... not the ridiculous characters, but the absurd amount. 108 on that list.

...on second thought, try this one.

Imagine the tier list, or character matchups...

EDIT: There are 427 characters in that last list, just FYI.

Gaah, I have one post left until 100, but I don't know what to use it on!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Break the Targets -- Classic. This absolutely must return, but we need more than 5. Either give each character their own again, or make more levels, or both. We could have maybe 5 generic levels, plus one or two that are specific to each character.

Home-Run Contest -- While I find this a rather boring Stadium mode, it should probably return. After two games, it's just beginning to feel like a part of Smash.

Multi-Man Battle -- I vote we keep this one. It wouldn't hurt to come up with some new sub-modes for this one, though. I don't have any ideas off the top of my head, though.

Boss Battles -- Maybe I'm the only one, but I love this mode. It's a definite keeper for me. I love being able to tear through all the big baddies in one sitting. As long as we've got another Adventure Mode with some new bosses, sign me up for this one.

Board the Platforms -- This should never have been cut in the first place, but it's high time we see it again. You could argue that it's too much like Break the Targets, but I beg to differ. You can shoot/throw things at targets to break them. Board the Platforms is more a mobility and maneuverability test, as opposed to attack selection and accuracy.

Race to the Finish -- Let's bring this back, and make it more epic than ever. Make the race through some really crazy areas, and throw in the enemies (polygons, wire-frames, alloys, whatever's next) along with it. I'm sure there are quite a few more things we could do with it, but I'm having trouble thinking of too many at the moment...

Nayib_x3

Smash Cadet
Snake is from Konami. Pac-Man is from Namco. You're an idiot.

You make me want to hate smash DS now, just because you like it.

Grow a brain before posting if you don't want to get flamed.

And no, a 64 remake would NOT pwn.
Ecxusez-moi. Sometimes my mind is just in a different world. I'm not afraid of flames. and a 64 remake would pwn. Simply because it'd probably be a compromise with Nintendo about a SSBDS. If they won't make SSBDS, then remake 64. Better than nothing.

Nayib_x3

Smash Cadet
OK, Maybe I was a little harsh, we all make mistakes. A smash DS would be great, but I would like more than just the original 12, and I like being able to use side specials. Making a smash 64 v2.0 would be my solution. Taking the game, adding a few more characters and stages, adding wifi play, and adding the more recent techniques like walljumping, etc. Also, balancing the game more so that throws aren't so godly, more like melee's knockback scheme.
Yeah, that's what I meant by Remake. Like a 64 V2. maybe I wasn't specific enough. Sorry.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Smashed11 said:
Hey now you're an All Star get your game on, go play
Hey now you're a Rock Star get the show on get paid
And all that glitters is gold
Only shooting stars break the mold

It's a cool place and they say it gets colder
You're bundled up now but wait 'til you get older
But the meteor men beg to differ
Judging by the hole in the satellite picture

The ice we skate is getting pretty thin
The waters getting warm so you might as well swim
My world's on fire how about yours
That's the way I like it and I never get bored

[Repeat Chorus 2x]

Somebody once asked could I spare some change for gas
I need to get myself away from this place
I said yep what a concept
I could use a little fuel myself
And we could all use a little change
Well the years start coming and they don't stop coming
Back to the rule and I hit the ground running
Didn't make sense not to live for fun
Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb
So much to do so much to see
So what's wrong with taking the back streets
You'll never know if you don't go
You'll never shine if you don't glow

[Repeat Chorus]
I used to love that song, way back in, like, 99'.

agidius said:
I don't see him with the same three Pokemon again. I think that we'll have some 3rd generation Pokemon on our hands. Try this lineup: Mudkip, Combusken, Sceptile?
Hopefully not, if only because the internet would be flooded with stupid "i herd u liek mudkips" pictures again.

Besides that (and in all seriousness), the third-gen won't be recent by SSB4, and it's nowhere near as iconic as the first-gen starters. My idea is to have one starter from the 1st generation, one from the third, and another from the eventual fifth (assuming it's out by SSB4).

So we'd have Squirtle, Grovyle, and the final evolution of the fire starter (5th gen).

But maybe that's just me.

ness4life said:
development for brawl started right after melee came out, according to Sakurai
Uh, nope. :ohwell:

Melee came out in 2001 (or was it early '02?), but Brawl didn't go into production until 2005. There's a whole history about it on the Dojo, if you want to know more.

A great, wise man once said to me...

Chief Mendez the Magnificent said:
The Stadium...hmm...teh stadiumz would have...

-Target Test (separate for each character)
-Race to the Finish (again, separate for each character)

-Home-Run Derby (Sandbags spawn infinitely for a period of time, and you try to hit as many as possible. The farther you hit each one, the more points you earn. So you can just home-run alot of them for few points each, or you can stick it out and rack up damage before hitting it for distance and points--but at the risk of not hitting as many.)

-Survival (Basically Endless Melee, only normal characters show up for every ten-or-so wire-frames you KO. Also you can pick which stage you want to fight on.)

-Event Matches (one for each character)
...and then he went away. :(

I would also like to see board the platforms and race to the finish make a comeback.
I think Board the Platforms is just too much like Break the Targets, which is why it hasn't come back. I mean, think about it: both challenge you to get to a certain point in a level, but one of them is less flexible, as you can't use projectiles or your characters' special skills to reach those points (Board the Platforms).

But if they were to come back, there should be variation in the platforms. Por ejemplo: certain platforms disappear after they've been boarded. Maybe some of them will move around the level. They could even trampoline you upwards.

Minor stuff like that would make the mode a little more interesting.

Agi

Smash Lord
Ness4life,

You need to walk over to Sakurai's place and show him this thread. It pains me to know that he's never gonna see these ideas...
Do it for America!

kr3wman

Smash Master
Race to the finish should comeback. It's one of the only reasons Classic was bearable for me in 64 and Melee. In Brawl it just feels..tedious.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
and a 64 remake would pwn. Simply because it'd probably be a compromise with Nintendo about a SSBDS. If they won't make SSBDS, then remake 64. Better than nothing.
well true, if we indeed don't get a SBB4, then a remake of SSB64 would be awesome, I could see it now, all the classic stages, characters, coming back with a slighly outdated roster, a a few bonus modes, also Saffron City would remake it glory comeback which I say I'm all up for this idea IF SBB4 doesn't come out

Nayib_x3

Smash Cadet
well true, if we indeed don't get a SBB4, then a remake of SSB64 would be awesome, I could see it now, all the classic stages, characters, coming back with a slighly outdated roster, a a few bonus modes, also Saffron City would remake it glory comeback which I say I'm all up for this idea IF SBB4 doesn't come out
THANK YOU! I think we can all agree, better than nothing.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
stemming off of what the good chief said (sorta) i would like to see an event mode with more character specific events. Also i would like to see a different sorta story mode. Like having each character start in their homeland and be brought to a central location for some reason. Like say for the opening scene we see mario and luigi in mushroom kingdom battling bowser and bowser jr. to save peach. Then suddenly a massive spaceship/metorite/other flying object whooshes over head catching everones attention. Then the object crash lands somewhere in the kingdom. The next level is you searching through the mk to find the crash site. And to keep it interesting the map has multiple deadends and the location of the object changes each time you play. And there would be similar openings for each series. And mabye you could choose which side of the story you play as during the adventure mode. Like you could play as the mushroom kingdom gang and see their point of view of the events of adventure mode or play as the loz crew and see their side. Basically i want to see adventure mode expanded to make for more replayability.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Oddly, I feel like posting a character roster. Here goes......

Mario series
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach

DK series
DK
Diddy kong
King K Rool

Yoshi series
Yoshi

Warioware series
Wario
Ashley

Metroid series
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Pit series
Pit(who else?)

Ice Climber series
Take a guess....

Pokemon series
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Lucario
PT(different or more pokemon )
Jigglypuff

Zelda series
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf(with sword)
Toon Link(with Wind Waker abilities)

Kirby series
Kirby
MK
DeDeDe

Pikmin series
Olimar

Starfox series
Fox
Falco
Krystal

F-Zero series
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow

Fire Emblem series
Marth
Ike
Roy

Earthbound series
Ness
Lucas
Claus

Golden Sun series
Issac

Retro series
R.O.B
Mr. Game & Watch

Metal Gear series
Snake

Sonic series
Sonic

Megaman series
Megaman

OmegaXXII

Warioware series
Waluigi

Sonic series
Tails
these two characters choices fail! why you ask? well..

Waluigi doesn't deserve nothing more than being an AT, why, because he lacks a good moveset, wth is he gonna do, throw balls all over the arena? NO, because he's just been in sports games and lacks a role in a plot games therfore wouldn't have a good enough moveset besides sports.

well as much as I like Tails, no because the next smash is about to be limited to 3rd party's as well and IMO Sonic is a good enough representation for his series, we don't need his sidekick taking a roster spot that could easily be used by another 3rd party guest such as Megaman for instance, besides Knuckles is way better, and tougher.

Agi

Smash Lord
It's too bad that RARE got bought out by Microsoft... the Banjo-Kazooie series deserved representation, and I can't see any argument against them being in. Just from Tooie they already have a moveset that feels natural.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
these two characters choices fail! why you ask? well..

Waluigi doesn't deserve nothing more than being an AT, why, because he lacks a good moveset, wth is he gonna do, throw balls all over the arena? NO, because he's just been in sports games and lacks a role in a plot games therfore wouldn't have a good enough moveset besides sports.

well as much as I like Tails, no because the next smash is about to be limited to 3rd party's as well and IMO Sonic is a good enough representation for his series, we don't need his sidekick taking a roster spot that could easily be used by another 3rd party guest such as Megaman for instance, besides Knuckles is way better, and tougher.
K, I agree, I fixed that, and added another...actually, I edited so many times I lost count(I keep coming up with more, lol). Also, was the Tales series out of place? Did everything else seem fine? I don't know much about Megaman, so I only put him ,Zero, and Protoman(the other two came from a seperate poster named SirKibble).

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Does fire Emblem really deserve as many reps as people want them to have? I'm not saying they don't and I'm not trying to argue for or against them, I'm actually intrigued by the possible responses. Is the series truly that important to Nintendo's history that they need more than the 2 reps that they've had in Melee and Brawl?

OmegaXXII

hmm.. looking at your Tales roster I'd say Lloyd should be the only one, but IMO I rather scrap this series and include Castlevavia's Simon Belmont who I would actually look forward to but I doubt Simon would get in due to good ol' Megaman being from Capcom as well

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Does fire Emblem really deserve as many reps as people want them to have? I'm not saying they don't and I'm not trying to argue for or against them, I'm actually intrigued by the possible responses. Is the series truly that important to Nintendo's history that they need more than the 2 reps that they've had in Melee and Brawl?
Well, it's had more games than Starfox, But you should know that Hector has an axe, and Micaiah and Soren are light and wind mages. It could bring smash more orginality. I don't know much about Castlevania either, so that might be good. I still like the tales series more, though.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
hmm.. looking at your Tales roster I'd say Lloyd should be the only one, but IMO I rather scrap this series and include Castlevavia's Simon Belmont who I would actually look forward to but I doubt Simon would get in due to good ol' Megaman being from Capcom as well
Umm... Simon Belmont is from Konami, not that it really matters. I think that if a character is big enough (like Simon), then the fact that two members are from the same publisher may not matter (like Simon and Snake). They are both very recognizable characters, and would both fit in Smash great. Considering how well brawl has sold, and how snake is a fan favorite, konami may be open to asking for another of their characters in smash.

Yes, I know that Kojima "begged" for snake to be in smash, but Konami may see that smash is a good form of advertisement. It's a win-win.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Well, it's had more games than Starfox, But you should know that Hector has an axe, and Micaiah and Soren are mages. It could bring smash more orginality. I don't know much about Castlevania either, so that might be good. I still like the tales series more, though.
Hmm, yes, that would definitely add a little more spicy uniqueness into the already-heated Smashing arena. Lucario brought Aura... We need more characters with unique attributes like that. I WOULD count Ganondorf, as he's the only one with Dark attacks (excluding Giga Bowser), but being Mewtwo had that as well, even if it was in Melee... Ehh. And I have a feeling due to high popular demand Mewtwo may return, thus those two will be sharing the same Dark qualities again.

That's just what I think, anywho.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Probably one more. Fire Emblem is a complicated series to figure, as the first six games are only in Japan. This will be alleviated somewhat once Fire Emblem DS, comes out in NA, as it's a remake of the first game, starring Marth.

Ike is sort of the "English" Fire Emblem character, in the sense that both games he was in sold better here than in Japan. Alternatively, you could say that he represents the modern FE games, while Marth represents the classics.

Personally I think one more rep is a good bet for the series, though where that rep will come from is anyone's guess. It could be a sort of middle ground, such as Roy from FE6 or Eliwood/Lyn/Hector from FE7 (though that game is absolutely reviled in Japan for it's generic simplicity--there for the newcoming players in North America).

Or it could be a new character, from a new Fire Emblem. Since Fire Emblem DS is the first game in the series, I actually think Sheeda would be a really great pick.

In fact, she is. Forget everyone else--Sheeda for SSB4!

ness4life said:
Umm... Simon Belmont is from Konami, not that it really matters. I think that if a character is big enough (like Simon), then the fact that two members are from the same publisher may not matter (like Simon and Snake). They are both very recognizable characters, and would both fit in Smash great. Considering how well brawl has sold, and how snake is a fan favorite, konami may be open to asking for another of their characters in smash.
Seriously. I love me some 'Vania, and Simon would be absolutely awesome in SSB4.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Hmm, yes, that would definitely add a little more spicy uniqueness into the already-heated Smashing arena. Lucario brought Aura... We need more characters with unique attributes like that. I WOULD count Ganondorf, as he's the only one with Dark attacks (excluding Giga Bowser), but being Mewtwo had that as well, even if it was in Melee... Ehh. And I have a feeling due to high popular demand Mewtwo may return, thus those two will be sharing the same Dark qualities again.

That's just what I think, anywho.
Darn right he'll return! He was the most awesome character in melee, and your sig pic proves how freakin' cool he is! Mewtwo is the only character that was in Melee but not brawl that I want back!:mad: How dare they!..... Sorry, I was kinda having a moment right there. Still, they should bring him back. Don't forget about Hector, Lylod, Marta,Colette,Sora,Ridley, Cless, and, Okami.Hector=axe,Lylod=twin blades,Marta=dual spinner,Collete=wings and angel spells,Sora=keyblade and magic,Ridley=....wait, what would he use? I guess it would just be unique.Cless=sword,axe or spear(In the game, I believe he could wield any of those, so spear would be the most original, and sword would be the most canon.), and Okami=Nature powers, Paintbrush powers, and standard wolf combat.I doubt any of these guys will actually be in SSB4, though.

DQP

Smash Ace
my reasonable list of newcomers:

ridley
dark samus
sylux
saki
pokemon rival (turtwig, monferno, and empoleon)
mii
toon zelda/tetra
krystal
james mccloud
balloon fighter
lyn
micaiah
tails
poo
jeff

Spire

III
BRoomer
Mewtwo represents Pokemon as its first and foremost recognized, villainous Pokemon. Almost everyone knows Mewtwo, and even though Lucario was a good pick for 4th Gen repping, we really only need the classics. We only need Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf because they are the classics and have the most necessity. Pikachu is necessary, Pokemon trainer is necessary, and Mewtwo is necessary (that's right, Jiggs is not). Think about it: mascot, first three starters, and first epic legendary. Those five Pokemon represent not only the 1st Gen, but the whole series the most. They are really all we need, however, Pokemon is a touchy series to rep, so as the generations progress, newer Pokemon will probably make the cut.

That's what we have Pokeballs for... to rep all of the extra Pokemon. I've stated who's necessary for the roster, and as long as we have them (and I guess Jiggs), then we're good to go, forever.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
@ HippoChinFat: Why would it be so terrible? Just stating that it would be awful doesn't really convince anyone of your views. Is it that the screen would be too small, or the button layout, or the graphics? I would love any version of Smash, even on an N-Gage!... ok, maybe not the N-Gage, but you get my point.
Imagine the controls. No analog stick, stupid things like double tap for dash and just harder to control because of things like up probaly being jump.

Chrono, if you really want to replace Snake it shows that you're a Nintendo fanboy who probaly hasn't ever played Metal Gear. The fans love him and Metal Gear is one of the most innovative and amazing series ever. The replacment would probaly be some stupid **** like Simon Belmont with a cellphone and C4s and other explosives made out of holy water or something just as dumb.

Gabz

Smash Apprentice
Fire emblem i think yes, it deserves two players and at least one more like the most famous villain in the game could be ashnard. The story`s not that popular like pokemon or star fox but the gameplay its cool to put it like this and it`s one of the best swordsman game in the nintendo company or the most popular one if im not mistaken (i`m not putting zelda
in this category).

Lucario is not that great as a character in brawl, im not saying its bad its just that i think mewtwo was better.

Also they should put another star fox character, crystal. And it would also be great more characters like say 50. It`s great to have a lot to choose from renewing some of the melee player like mewtwo instead of lucario, adding roy and of course some new ones like crystal and other some other, thats my opinion.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Well, Brawl can be played without an analog stick (Wiimote only), so its not unlikely for a SSB DS.

Agi

Smash Lord
Hippochinfat,

take a look at the classic controller, then take a look at the DS.

Now, remove the classic controller's analog sticks.
If it works for the console, it'll work for a handheld.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom