• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Who said Shadow Dragon is FE11? It's a remake of Fire Emblem 3.

i hope sheik gets a little less manly. i mean she makes marth look like peach!

im a big sheik fan so i hope they at least keep her :p
Sheik got a noticeable rack in Brawl and a new hairstyle so she's feminine enough as it is.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Marth's look may change to match up more to his style in FE11, but if that's still to girly for you, then there's really no helping how Marth looks unless you simply bring in a new character instead of him. (Which won't happen anyways)
haha no i dont mind marth :)
shiek just looks like she could beat bowser and ddd up at the same time thats all.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Brotip: FE3 is a remake of FE1.
I was about to say, it's a remake of a remake. :laugh:

Add in: I saw that you asked about Starfy so I feel obligated to respond. Yes, his main moves involve spinning. He has varying degrees of his star spin. The first is what you see in Brawl. The second is much faster and he looks like a tornado. The third is where he kind of changes into the shape of a diamond and shoots forward while surrounded by an intense energy aura. Starly (his sister) has the ability to spin while crawling as well as wall jump. Starfy's signature move is called the shooting star where he jumps and then comes crashing down to the ground while his top "arm" is extended into a point. He has other moves too but, since Starfy 5 (the Legendary Starfy) is the only one released in the US, it's the only one I've played. He has some team moves with other characters like Moe (his clam friend in Starfy 3), Starly (his sister, in Starfy 3 and 4), and Wario (in Starfy 4).

@ KumaOso: Does Marth look that girly? Bridget is one of those WTFBBQ characters that you wouldn't know was actually a guy unless you looked into it. Marth's just a bishi. :laugh: At least he didn't keep his original character design where he didn't even wear pants.

A tiara and what essentially what looks like a skirt? Now that's girly. :laugh:

Now compare it to this:

It's almost like comparing apples to oranges.

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
MOAR HITSTUN IN SSB4, PLZ!!

Hopefully Sakurai and others will listen to the many disgruntled fans who were disappointed in the lack of hitstun in Brawl. It is still a great game, but I hope that it becomes deeper.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I was about to say, it's a remake of a remake. :laugh:

Add in: I saw that you asked about Starfy so I feel obligated to respond. Yes, his main moves involve spinning. He has varying degrees of his star spin. The first is what you see in Brawl. The second is much faster and he looks like a tornado. The third is where he kind of changes into the shape of a diamond and shoots forward while surrounded by an intense energy aura. Starly (his sister) has the ability to spin while crawling as well as wall jump. Starfy's signature move is called the shooting star where he jumps and then comes crashing down to the ground while his top "arm" is extended into a point. He has other moves too but, since Starfy 5 (the Legendary Starfy) is the only one released in the US, it's the only one I've played. He has some team moves with other characters like Moe (his clam friend in Starfy 3), Starly (his sister, in Starfy 3 and 4), and Wario (in Starfy 4).

@ KumaOso: Does Marth look that girly? Bridget is one of those WTFBBQ characters that you wouldn't know was actually a guy unless you looked into it. Marth's just a bishi. :laugh: At least he didn't keep his original character design where he didn't even wear pants.
FE3 is a remake, but it's like an extended remake from my understanding. I'm only the 7th chapter in Shadow Dragon. Shadow Dragon is a remake of 3. Anyway, I don't think he looks THAT girly, but a lot of people thought he was a short haired girl at first. Just imagine he had his Brawl hair with his FE1 clothes. IT'S A TRAP!:laugh:

Still, his look in Shadow Dragon doesn't have that issue even with the tiara.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Let me set the record about FE1, FE3, and FE11. FE3 is both a remake and sequel to FE1 (the first half of FE3 is a remake of FE1, whereas the second half is a sequel to FE1). FE11 is a full-remake of FE1 (some of the chapters and characters that were in FE1 were omitted in the FE3's first half).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So I guess it is considered FE11. I wasn't sure considering it was a remake and FE3 was also part sequel.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Let me set the record about FE1, FE3, and FE11. FE3 is both a remake and sequel to FE1 (the first half of FE3 is a remake of FE1, whereas the second half is a sequel to FE1). FE11 is a full-remake of FE1 (some of the chapters and characters that were in FE1 were omitted in the FE3's first half).
So I guess it is considered FE11. I wasn't sure considering it was a remake and FE3 was also part sequel.
... *head suddenly explodes violenty*

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well to be fair, it does seem more logical to remake a remake instead of remaking a game that had already been remade.

A-ny-ways, while I didn't get much responce for my request a while back for a good Pokemon stage for my stage/music list, I finally decided on one, and continued on my way. Still I need help with a good idea for a new Kirby stage, if anyone has one. I want two right now, and I already have the idea of a Milky Way Wishes stage to sort of reflect SSU, so it may be best to use a spin off or a earlier game as a source for another stage. Still I'm only moderatly versed in Kirby, so I'd like to know if there's anything else out there that should be made into a stage.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
NOVA would be pretty cool but would you be fighting on the inside or outside? I've played every game in the Kirby franchise and I have to say that, overall, there isn't a ton of noteworthy places. As others have said, the Halberd, King Dedede's Castle, and Green Greens are about it.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well NOVA is from the same game as a MWW stage....heck, its part of MWW. As far as I was concerned the stage would essentially take place in space, and Nova could float through the background (maybe it could be where the final fight of MWW was)

In any case the past stages on my list include Dreamland (64) and Halberd but I've been meaning to axe Halberd and replace it with a Melee stage for the sake of balance between the two game's stages on my list. (Don't ask) Thus even if I keep it like that, Halberd and Green Greens are sort of covered, and I don't want to go with Dedede's stadium because I already have a Punch Out stage.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Dreamland 64 is basically Battlefield with a tree. Green Greens is a far superior choice. Personally I would love Fountain of Dreams back.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well I meant the general location. Still, the reason Dreamland 64 is in there is that I have all of the 64 stages in there (sans Mushroom Kingdom) though truth be told, I do like it more than the stage Green Greens. That being said, if I actually do go and redo everything so that Halberd isn't the past stage, I would choose Fountain of Dreams. (Thinking about it, since a MWW stage would also be Super Star, it'd balance things in two different ways)

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
^Given Galaxy 2 allows Yoshi to do this, I think there's a very good chance it will happen, but outside of SMG2, did Yoshi ever do that before?
I figured I was in the neighbourhood and would answer this.

In Yoshi's Story, and I believe a Yoshi's Island or two there was the capability to tether to red exclamation mark spheres floating in the air. They acted as platforms after you spun around them a couple of time, which was automatic. It was quite useful in the games they were in, and now that it's mentioned, I'm surprised I hadn't thought of this before.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I figured I was in the neighbourhood and would answer this.

In Yoshi's Story, and I believe a Yoshi's Island or two there was the capability to tether to red exclamation mark spheres floating in the air. They acted as platforms after you spun around them a couple of time, which was automatic. It was quite useful in the games they were in, and now that it's mentioned, I'm surprised I hadn't thought of this before.
That reminds me that Yoshi needs a tether recovery big time and a longer tongue. Those red exclamation points would be fun if the spinning also acted like a stationary Screw Attack.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Oh I can't even remember how many times I've wished Yoshi's tongue was longer so his B attack was actually decent enough for me to use. Though, in the end, that's more of a pain for when you're fighting Yoshi, since I already walk into the attack a third of the time. <_<

That would be a neat idea. Mind you, they didn't do that, the spin dealing damage like a Screw Attack, in Yoshi's Story. But hey, you gotta love a bit of creativity here and there, right?

That would also be a nice addition to a new Yoshi stage in the next Smash game. Having those Exclamation mark spheres off floating a bit away from the stage. Sort of like the clouds on Yoshi's Story for the '64 and Melee. All tether grabs would do the spin attack if you grabbed a hold of it, before landing on top of it.

I guess to make it fair to other characters, the same could happen for them, just they have less of a chance of reaching it unless they try to recover to the spheres and are relatively closer to them, compared to the tether recoverers.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
... *head suddenly explodes violenty*
The game coding for Shadow Dragon refers to it as FE11. Interestingly enough, both Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance are referred to as FE8 within their game's respective coding. This is because development for Path of Radiance started before Sacred Stones, however, Sacred Stones ended up being completed before Path of Radiance (two separate teams made FE8 and FE9).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Interesting. You could've just said that earlier. Anyway, do we have another topic? It's gotten dead in here again. Then again, school is back in session for a number of us and I've got Bayonetta to play and Street Fighter info to live off of.

mystery_dungeon

Smash Journeyman
Sidemoon Sidemoon. Welc welc ome welc omeome.
If the next adventure has a story again, how about having bloopers (not THAT Blooper <_<). Anyone thats played Mario Power Tennis or Kirby Superstar Ultra should know what I'm talking about.

I mean, what could be more funny than seeing characters like Ganondorf or Wolf messing up their part or getting a phone call from someone when doing their part? :p

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I'd rather not have bloopers.

Anyways, I saw it streamed the other night, so I was wondering if City Trial from Kirby's Air Ride would make a good stage. The platform could be one of those air ride machines, and it could go throughout the city and the surrounding envionments. Dynablade could even show up I guess.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm still against the idea of a Smash story mode the size of The Subpar Emissary. The bloopers are really something more for the machinima people to mess with it. Besides, if we have that whole no dialogue crap again, bloopers couldn't work.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well actually, MD referenced KSU specifically, which doesn't use any dialogue, yet still had bloopers. It used physical comedy and what not. I remember F-Zero GX's blooper (I guess there was only one) didn't use dialogue either, despite the fact that in the original scene, the characters were talking to each other.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I guess you're right. We could have something like Pit hitting someone else by accident with his arrows.

Maybe instead of story mode bloopers, how about we have move mishaps? You know, like Peach accidentally pulls out a Pikachu instead of a turnip, Samus shoots a bouquet of flowers, Snake's explosives go off on him, Ness farts while doing PK Flash.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Again, the bloopers idea sounds dumb, even in a move-mishap sort of way. Smash would probably be better off without it.

Geno's not really a gateway character for other SE characters, mostly because he's not a important SE character, and we all know a important one (or one that represents a important series) is what will make it through. Thus its more likely that Sora would make it so Geno could be included, not the other way around.

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
Geno's not really a gateway character for other SE characters, mostly because he's not a important SE character, and we all know a important one (or one that represents a important series) is what will make it through. Thus its more likely that Sora would make it so Geno could be included, not the other way around.
This. Sora is easily much more well known than Geno.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
SE in general is touchy subject in regards to the best choice. Geno comes from a Mario game, and Nintendo could buy the rights to him along with the others. Disney did the same with Oswald the Rabbit for Epic Mickey, but I would consider that to be different due to the circumstances.

Then there's Dragon Quest which isn't all the big outside of Japan. No one can agree on Final Fantasy. You pick one character from one game and the other fans will raise fits. The least "damaging" choice for a Final Fantasy character would be the Warrior of Light, but imagine the announcer going, "This game's winner is: Warrior of Light!" but that's not a really strong argument.

You could go for the Chocobo or the Slime. Doing both would be like trying to be PC with the company and would probably require more royalty fees considering it's two characters from one company (kinda like why Simon and Snake, Megaman and Ryu, or Sonic and Tails aren't too likely).

Then, there's Sora which might be the best choice overall. The only major obstacle is the fact that he's Disney property, IIRC. However, that might not be a bad thing overall considering that Sora originated in a videogame. He would just be the only character requiring permission from an entertainment company.

NeverFiniteX

Smash Apprentice
Whatever happened to Crono? SNES + DS? (Bestsellers?)
A character that doesn't have to rely on Being in a Mario game to get his foot in the door. Even Issac was considered as an AT...

Kuma

Read that thing on Yoshi. Perhaps his tongue could act as a recovery and he could do that spin as an attack (from climbing off the ledge). If we are going to go into depth on character cameos, I think that Yoshi's Crosshair Aiming ability would be pretty sweet too (where did that come from? Better go play SMW2 and check that out!)

*I've also wondered why kirby can eat stuff but Yoshi can't.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't see why people suggest Crono in terms of realism. Then again, you have Geno.

Mowrt620

Smash Journeyman
In a box filled with peas 300 feet below ground
The Chocobo is just a bird....nuff said? Nevertheless, just because Sora would be in, doesn't mean that Donald and Goofy would be constantly following him or anything. Even the level doesn't have to be disney, the game itself has a lot of original material (a Hollow Basion level FTW!)

@Chaos
I saw that you mentioned shadow, but I still have the strong feeling that 3rd party series don't need any more than 1 character. But I give you a high-five and a pizza for wanting Sora!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Square-Enix, touching on this right now real quick while I'm playing Super Mario RPG. :laugh: Be noted, I'm a huge fan of all listed.

-Random Square Enix character from smaller series - Not happening.

-People want Geno because the Mario RPG's are generally really awesome, especially coming from a gigantic series that has no huge plot development, here we are with seven grand titles that just...Blow the wall. That and he's an awesome character, but in the grand scheme of things, he only truly represents one Mario RPG and hardly has much going for him at all. Cool suggestion and all but yeah

However, granted Nintendo gets Square to participate, they better get music from Super Mario RPG.

-Chrono = Ouch. Chrono Trigger is a fantastic game with a cult cut fanbase, however It's very similar to Super Mario RPG, popular on the internet yet not much anywhere else.

-Sora = Also generally really unlikely. The main thing is his legal rights: You have to go through Square and Disney, and when Final Fantasy characters are out in the opening having everything and a bag of chips over Sora, it just doesn't seem to link up

-Dragon Quest = Really, only mainly popular in japan, and like Final Fantasy, It has no true accurate choice, but It's surely one of the more plausible ones since DQ Sells like hotcakes over there. Slime seems to be a top contestant for here

-Final Fantasy = The only protaginists that even fit in my mind for this are Terra, Cecil, and Cloud, but even then It's hard to pick someone to represent Final Fantasy between Protaginists, so the main way to please people is go for a "Generic" And iconic figure, thus leading me to something like say, Black Mage, or Black Mage & Chocobo, or Chocobo, or Moogle, etc.

-Mixed: Chocobo/Slime would work the best If you wanted someone to represent Square-Enix well, especially considering all the facts about both.

Overall: If we're for the easiest option with licensing and pleasing people, without a doubt, something that has to do with the Chocobo or Black Mage is the best bet. That however doesn't mean the other suggestions are bad; A lot are pretty neat when it comes to Square-Enix, and overall SE Has a huge history over some things like amazing soundtracks. I honestly wish they made Dissidia cross over to ALL Of Square-Enix and put it on the PS3 instead - Now that would've been sweet.

That being said, I think at this rate I'll be lucky just to see a Square character on the roster. :laugh:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@ 3rd Koopa

I just checked the KH website. Square Enix just develops the games. Disney has the rights to Sora and co, and that probably happened due to some contract involved with the first one. So you'd technically only have to go to one company for approval.

As for Final Fantasy, the generic choices make the most sense. I'd say the best choices are Warrior of Light, Black Mage, and Chocobo with Moogle for an honorable mention.

The mixed option could not work just because of money reasons. It's not different than Tails being playable along with Sonic in a sense. You'd have royalty fees for both characters with both coming from different series. Then you'd have the other companies involved and that won't be pretty.

By the way, I remember seeing a scan that Dissidia will be coming to the 360 and PS3. Here's to hoping Lightning's playable.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
The mixed option could not work just because of money reasons. It's not different than Tails being playable along with Sonic in a sense. You'd have royalty fees for both characters with both coming from different series. Then you'd have the other companies involved and that won't be pretty.
Yeah, It's rather sad but I think they can simply pick a moreso, "Generic" Final Fantasy character and roll with that idea. The series overall contributed to Nintendo back in the day and still is pulling out quite a bit of Third-Party support. Of course, If Dragon Quest gains popularity in the US Over the years, I wouldn't be surprised either. Dragon Quest 10 will apparently be on the Wii, so there's more fuel to the Square-Enix discussion...

By the way, I remember seeing a scan that Dissidia will be coming to the 360 and PS3. Here's to hoping Lightning's playable.
Get the article link to this.

NOW.

Oh and forgot: Four-Player. Do a few tweaks and I'd go insane with happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom