• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I actually prefer longer battles, which makes Brawl a perfect game for me. I'd like to enjoy the time I am fighting others and not just go in and go out.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
@Fatmanonice
Here is a sources that says 2006. Since he is a fan of Smash he may have been right where other journalist may not have cared specifically.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=146816

But the reason I keep saying 2006 is because 2005 makes no scene.
1)Again, why even have the poll if he already knew the roster It would be just wasting time for no purpose. Why have people in NoA do more work to get information from NSider? There would be no point. Again, it makes no sense to even have one if he already had the roster done.
2)No one wanted Mother 3 until Mother 3 was either known or released (namely the second one). Yes, the game existed in 2000, but why add a character that didn't exist at the time. Even then, Mother 3 didn't sell well and Lucas was a lot like Ness. Plus, people in the west (unless they were already Earthbound fans) knew nothing about it. There was no reason to add him kin May of 2005.
3)Again, remember that E3 05 was in May, not July. Lucario's movie had not released yet. If he thought people wanted him, it would have been hype. Again, there was no reason to add Lucario in May of 2005.
5) This is irrelevant because this is just what he replied to. I suspect the real results were totally different.
Also) Sakurai used the poll in Melee. Why would he contradict himself in 2005.

I just find the 2005 to be a mistype because it makes no sense otherwise. It's out of place. In 2005, the focus was whether the project would exist, the studio, and hiring people. In 06, he said not much work was done save the video for the game. 2005 probably isn't true.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
@Fatmanonice
Here is a sources that says 2006. Since he is a fan of Smash he may have been right where other journalist may not have cared specifically.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=146816

But the reason I keep saying 2006 is because 2005 makes no scene.
1)Again, why even have the poll if he already knew the roster It would be just wasting time for no purpose. Why have people in NoA do more work to get information from NSider? There would be no point. Again, it makes no sense to even have one if he already had the roster done.
2)No one wanted Mother 3 until Mother 3 was either known or released (namely the second one). Yes, the game existed in 2000, but why add a character that didn't exist at the time. Even then, Mother 3 didn't sell well and Lucas was a lot like Ness. Plus, people in the west (unless they were already Earthbound fans) knew nothing about it. There was no reason to add him kin May of 2005.
3)Again, remember that E3 05 was in May, not July. Lucario's movie had not released yet. If he thought people wanted him, it would have been hype. Again, there was no reason to add Lucario in May of 2005.
5) This is irrelevant because this is just what he replied to. I suspect the real results were totally different.
Also) Sakurai used the poll in Melee. Why would he contradict himself in 2005.

I just find the 2005 to be a mistype because it makes no sense otherwise. It's out of place. In 2005, the focus was whether the project would exist, the studio, and hiring people. In 06, he said not much work was done save the video for the game. 2005 probably isn't true.
Note how that link says "finalized" which lines up with I keep saying of how the roster was decided in 2005 and programmed into the game in early 2006.

1) ... the only thing that was posted on Nsider was a letter from Sakurai asking people what they thought of the characters that were shown in the E3 06 trailer, not what characters they wanted. Also the character suggestion thread was made for the same reason this thread was made, to keep it from clogging up the boards with dozens and dozens of threads that essentially say the same things.

2) ... again, in the post Melee notes, Sakurai said that he originally wanted to replace Ness with Lucas in Melee. That's all that matters in that regard. Sakurai knew he existed and it was known that a Mother 3 was in production. End of story.

3) Lucario represented the upcoming generation so it really doesn't matter that he was only known by a few people at the time. I honestly don't see the huge flaw in logic that you insist exists in this situation. Sakurai didn't have to wait on the offical releases to decide so why you insist that he did is beyond me.

4) The cake is a lie.

5) I posted it for information's sake if anything. I was verifying what you said in your last post.

6) You honestly think that a development team of probably 15-20 professional programmers at the did nothing in 8 months but make a 3 minute trailer? I think it would insult their intelligence to suggest otherwise.

I have an eye doctor appointment to go to so I'll get back to this.

Roy82

Smash Rookie
I want SSB4 to be more balanced. No more broken characters, overpowered final smashes, and annoying moves. It would also be cool to get some more 3rd party characters... Master Chief, anyone? ;)

Clownbot

Smash Lord
HOLY ****!

This is really... I don't know what to say. Even if it's not true, it's hilarious.

Professor Layton for "The Grand Smash Tournament".

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I found something that might interest everyone here.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/100/1000761p1.html

Is Nintendo really listening to who people want? Megaman? Geno? Little Mac? The plot thickens and now I want Professor Layton in SSB4.
Wow... I don't know how to respond to this... Maybe it might be something noteworthy or maybe it might be the biggest Smash related troll worthy material Nintendo has rleased since Sakurai's letter to Nsider. I'll have to keep my eye on this...

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I found something that might interest everyone here.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/100/1000761p1.html

Is Nintendo really listening to who people want? Megaman? Geno? Little Mac? The plot thickens and now I want Professor Layton in SSB4.
WOW!!!

If nothing else at least Nintendo might be admitting that Geno, Megaman, and Little Mac might have good chances in a future installment.

Also, sorry KumaOso for my post on competitive Smash, I was thinking you were meaning to turn Smash into basically Nintendo Street Fighter. I do agree it does need some physics changes, but I do apologize for jumping the gun. :)

majora_787

Smash Hero
WOW!!!

If nothing else at least Nintendo might be admitting that Geno, Megaman, and Little Mac might have good chances in a future installment.

Also, sorry KumaOso for my post on competitive Smash, I was thinking you were meaning to turn Smash into basically Nintendo Street Fighter. I do agree it does need some physics changes, but I do apologize for jumping the gun. :)
Holy crud. It's been so long, I actually FORGOT that this kind of stuff happened. :laugh:

EDIT: Could you guys imagine if this were the same as the "Sonic in Melee" incident? How awesome would THAT be?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
WOW!!!

As much as I have come to love Street Fighter, I want the two to stay separately in gameplay, unless Nintendo vs. Capcom finally happens.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Well, on a recent twitter Professor Layton claimed he was "leaving at once" after being told to fight "a blue robot boy, a possessed doll, and a tiny boxer."

Even if Layton doesn't get into the next Smash, it's a safe bet that, not only are the chances greater for the characters mentioned, but also that a new Smash may be announced soon.

Of course, I could just be over-speculating...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, on a recent twitter Professor Layton claimed he was "leaving at once" after being told to fight "a blue robot boy, a possessed doll, and a tiny boxer."

Even if Layton doesn't get into the next Smash, it's a safe bet that, not only are the chances greater for the characters mentioned, but also that a new Smash may be announced soon.

Of course, I could just be over-speculating...
Well if Nintendo simply wanted to get attention then mission accomplished because a lot of the major video game websites are now reporting it as news. If anything, I'm glad that NoA acknowledged that a decent amount of people wanted those characters although I find it a little weird that Little Mac was one of the people mentioned when saying something like "a purple dragon" would have made most people crap their pants. :laugh: Little Mac was wanted, admittedly, but he definately wasn't one of the most requested in comparison to Megaman and Geno.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well if Nintendo simply wanted to get attention then mission accomplished because a lot of the major video game websites are now reporting it as news. If anything, I'm glad that NoA acknowledged that a decent amount of people wanted those characters although I find it a little weird that Little Mac was one of the people mentioned when saying something like "a purple dragon" would have made most people crap their pants. :laugh: Little Mac was wanted, admittedly, but he definately wasn't one of the most requested in comparison to Megaman and Geno.
Haha...I know, I saw it in the news of a good seven websites that I go to. They deffinatly GOT attention. But Nintendo wouldn't do this only to never make another smash game, would they? ESPECIALLY since smash makes them MONEY.

But what if this turns out like the Sonic joke? ...If you don't know what I mean... The sonic joke was a magazine article that stated Sonic and Tails were in Melee. Got a lot of attention. And then, would you look at that, Brawl comes out with a brand new Sonic. Imagine if we DO get a new Smash announced next year, and they bring these guys out? There may be hope for guys like Ridley and Krystal yet. =P

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So let me ask a question. IF Nintendo was working on something like a Brawl expansion, similar to Wii Sports Resort or Wii Fit Plus. Would you feel ripped off? Just assuming that the game was built off of Brawl, but with more characters, stages, music, enhanced online and maybe a few other features. You would have everything from Brawl, just more for another $49.99, would you do it for a Galaxy stage, Mewtwo or Megaman, Ballad of the Windfish and better online?

[those are just some examples]

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
What if the cancellation of the Smash Service is making way for dlc?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
All this talk about the polls made me go and do this.

Playable Characters
Assist Trophies / Pokeball Pokemon
Trophies / Stickers
Adventure Mode Bosses
Adventure Mode Enemies

MARIO - MELEE POLL
#1 - Bowser (169)
#2 - Peach (66)
#3 - Wario (65)

#4 - Toad (27)
#5 - Koopa Troopa (9)
#6 - Kamek (8)
#7 - Goomba (7)
#8 - Mallow (5)
#8 - Geno (5)
#10 - Baby Mario (3)

MARIO - BRAWL POLL
#1 - Geno (4)
#2 - Koopa Troopa (1)
#2 - Hammer Bros. (1)
#2 - Toad (1)
#2 - Petey Piranha (1)
#2 - Mallow (1)
#2 - Vivian (1)

POKEMON - MELEE POLL
#1 - Mewtwo (35) - it is not playable in Brawl
#2 - Mew (24)
#3 - Red (18) - he is the Pokemon Trainer
#4 - Misc. Pokemon (12)
#5 - Lugia (11)
#6 - Meowth (8)

#7 - Raichu (7)
#8 - Marill (5)
#8 - Bulbasaur (5)
#8 - Togepi (5)

POKEMON - BRAWL POLL
#1 - Gardevoir (1)
#1 - Steven Stone (1)

ZELDA - MELEE POLL
#1 - Ganondorf (36)
#2 - Young Link (8)
- he is replaced by Toon Link in Brawl
#2 - Zelda (8)
#2 - Sheik (8)

#5 - Shadow Link (2)

ZELDA - BRAWL POLL
#1 - Wind Waker Link (3) - he is Toon Link and replaces Young Link
#2 - Tetra (1)
#2 - Link's Uncle (1)
#2 - Ganon/Ganondorf (1) - Ganon is Ganondorf's Final Smash
#2 - Bow Wow the Chain Chomp (1) - technically, the Chain Chomp is a Mario trophy in Brawl

KIRBY - MELEE POLL
#1 - King Dedede (46)
#2 - Gooey (17)
#3 - Meta Knight (11)
#4 - Misc. Kirby Companion (10) - Rick is a trophy in Melee
#5 - Waddle Dee (3)

KIRBY - BRAWL POLL
#1 - King Dedede (5)
#2 - Lololo & Lalala (1)
#2 - Marx (1)

MOTHER - MELEE POLL
#1 - Mr. Saturn (18)
#2 - Poo (6)

#3 - Other Good Guys from Mother 2 (4)
#3 - Paula (4)
#5 - Starman (3)

#5 - Jeff (3)

MOTHER - BRAWL POLL
#1 - Jeff (2)
#1 - Claus (2)
#1 - Lucas (2)
#4 - Ninten (1)
#4 - Paula (1)
#4 - Poo (1)
#4 - Princess Kumatora (1)

STAR FOX - MELEE POLL
#1 - Falco (7)
#2 - Slippy (5)
#3 - Wolf (4)
#4 - Peppy (2)

STAR FOX - BRAWL POLL
#1 - Krystal (3)
#2 - Peppy (1)
#2 - Slippy (1)

#2 - Wolf (1)

FIRE EMBLEM - MELEE POLL
#1 - Marth (21)
#2 - Misc. Characters from Fire Emblem (18)
#3 - Oguma (8)
#4 - Serris (4)
#5 - Sigurd (2)
#5 - Leaf (2)

FIRE EMBLEM - BRAWL POLL
#1 - Ike (4)
#2 - Oguma (2)
#3 - Nabarl (1)
#3 - Sigurd (1)
#3 - Mia (1)
#3 - Black Knight (1)
#3 - Soren (1)
#3 - Sheeda (1)
#3 - Maji/Saji (1)
#3 - Jeigan (1)

RARE - MELEE POLL
#1 - 007 James Bond (35)
#2 - Banjo & Kazooie (18)
#3 - Diddy Kong (15)
#4 - Blast Corps Robot (2)
#4 - 006 (2)

DONKEY KONG - BRAWL POLL
#1 - Diddy Kong (4)
#2 - King K. Rool (2)
#3 - Diddy Kong & Dixie Kong (1)

OTHER NES/SNES CHARACTERS - MELEE POLL
#1 - Sukapon (15)
#2 - Lip (9)
#3 - Prince Richard (8)
- technically, Sabure Prince is the protagonist from the same game
#4 - Metroid (6)
#4 - Foreman Spike (6)
#6 - Pit (5)
#6 - Donbe or Hikari (5)
#6 - Misc. Characters from Marvellous (5)
#9 - Samurai Goroh (4)
#9 - Popo and Nana (4) - they are the Ice Climbers
#9 - Balloon Fighter (4)

OTHER NINTENDO CHARACTERS - BRAWL POLL
#1 - Captain Olimar (3)
#1 - Takamaru (3)
#3 - Cheer Squad (2)

#3 - Professor Kawashima (2)
#3 - Sukapon (2)
#6 - Black Shadow (1)

#6 - Ray 01 (1) - technically, we have Ray Mk III as an Assist Trophy
#6 - Donbe (1)
#6 - Chibi-Robo (1)

#6 - Harry from Teleroboxer (1)
#6 - Dr. Wright (1)
#6 - Johnny Thomas from Kung Fu (1)
#6 - Advance Wars Infantry (1)
#6 - Blue Virus (1)
#6 - Urban Champion (1)
#6 - Muddy Mole (1)
#6 - Characters from Famicom Detective Club (1) - Ayumi is a trophy in Melee
#6 - Banker from Mario Paint (1)
#6 - Hero/Heroine (1) - they are Boy and Girl from Magical Vacation and Magical Starsign
#6 - Jill (1)

NON-NINTENDO - MELEE POLL
#1 - Chocobo (9)
#2 - Doraemon (7)
#3 - Bomberman (5)
#4 - Crash Bandicoot (4)
#5 - Sonic (3)
#5 - Mega Man (3)

THIRD-PARTY - BRAWL POLL
#1 - Mega Man (2)
#2 - G-Red (1)
#2 - Simon Belmont (1)
#2 - Power Pro-Kun (1)
#2 - Lupus (1)
#2 - Sora (1)
#2 - Princess Katia (1)
#2 - Kalas (1)
#2 - Magnus Gallant (1)
#2 - Colonel Volgin (1)
#2 - James Bond (1)

METROID - BRAWL POLL
#1 - Ridley (4)
#2 - Weavel (1)
#2 - Sylux (1)
#2 - Noxus (1)

KID ICARUS - BRAWL POLL
#1 - Palutena (1)
#1 - Medusa (1)
#1 - Eggplant Wizard (1)

GOLDEN SUN - BRAWL POLL
#1 - Isaac (2)
#2 - Felix (1)

PUNCH-OUT!! - BRAWL POLL
#1 - Little Mac (1)
#1 - Dragon Chan (1)

ANIMAL CROSSING - BRAWL POLL
#1 - Animal Crossing Human (2)
#2 - Tom Nook (1)

PANEL DE PON - BRAWL POLL
#1 - Lip (2)
#2 - Furil (1)

TOMATO ADVENTURE - BRAWL POLL
#1 - Demille (2)
#2 - Tomato Robot (1)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Haha...I know, I saw it in the news of a good seven websites that I go to. They deffinatly GOT attention. But Nintendo wouldn't do this only to never make another smash game, would they? ESPECIALLY since smash makes them MONEY.

But what if this turns out like the Sonic joke? ...If you don't know what I mean... The sonic joke was a magazine article that stated Sonic and Tails were in Melee. Got a lot of attention. And then, would you look at that, Brawl comes out with a brand new Sonic. Imagine if we DO get a new Smash announced next year, and they bring these guys out? There may be hope for guys like Ridley and Krystal yet. =P
Oh, the April Fools joke that EGM did in 2002 where they said you could unlock Sonic and Tails by killing at least 20 people in Cruel Melee? It was funny that they actually bought copies of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for everyone who actually wasted their time doing that. :laugh: Anyways, that wasn't sponsored by Nintendo though. That Twitter page was actually made by NoA. Anyways, it's way too early for another Smash game unless 1. it was for the DS or something and 2. Sakurai's not working on it since he's busy with another project until 2011. That would be spectacularly weird if that's what the project ended up being since it is between SORA and Nintendo...

Regarding DLC, Sakurai has already shot that down once. He said it's not possible because of the fact that the Wii doesn't have a true hard drive.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Really, we need the real results of the Brawl poll. Its so weird seeing so many votes in one instance, but so few in another. Of course the "poll" for Brawl is just some translated letters to Sakurai, which makes it sort of invalid as I see it. =/

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
So let me ask a question. IF Nintendo was working on something like a Brawl expansion, similar to Wii Sports Resort or Wii Fit Plus. Would you feel ripped off? Just assuming that the game was built off of Brawl, but with more characters, stages, music, enhanced online and maybe a few other features. You would have everything from Brawl, just more for another $49.99, would you do it for a Galaxy stage, Mewtwo or Megaman, Ballad of the Windfish and better online?

[those are just some examples]
nah i think nintendo is just preparing for smash. decide the roster, advertisment,and just sprouting ideas before they hit smash 4 the ground running. but they'll probably make a few desicions with consilting sakurai.

im getting excited over a post that may be false =.D.

oh
and aradenik

DOUSE NOT APPROVE

n88

Smash Lord
I've got my fingers crossed. I'm not thrilled about the implication that Geno will be on the roster, but I wouldn't have been excited about ZSS either, and she's one of my top people, so whatever.

More importantly, this is a sign that either the people of Nintendo are truly a very evil troll, or they are wonderful people who are making another Smash game.

Only time (or spoilers) will tell.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
At the very least, they have to be considering it.

Random question I'm asking for no particular reason:
If Geno made it into the next Smash, where would he go on the Character Select Screen? With the Mario characters, or the 3rd Parties?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Really, we need the real results of the Brawl poll. Its so weird seeing so many votes in one instance, but so few in another. Of course the "poll" for Brawl is just some translated letters to Sakurai, which makes it sort of invalid as I see it. =/
In this case, we're just using it as a point of reference to see the stuff that has been added and the stuff that hasn't. I don't think he got everything though because I think Vivian was a sticker but don't quote me on that.

I do agree with you though, I would like to see the Brawl poll results. The Melee poll results weren't revealed until 2 years after Melee was released so we may be waiting awhile still.

@ Clownbot:

That's been a question that has baffled Geno fans since 2005. :laugh: Chances are, he'd probably be with the Mario characters simply because, as I've said many times in the past, he's not worthy to represent Square Enix as a whole.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I hope Sakurai won't be in charge this time.
Or else it'll be another Brawl.
More Characters, more limitations, more camping.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Eh, there's a good chance he'll work on it again.

And more characters is a good thing, at least in my opinion.

Also, Brawl was EPIC.

n88

Smash Lord
Brawl is not a bad game. Brawl might be a bad game because of infinites, etc., but you must realize that Brawl is intended for casual use. THe target audience does not use infinites, don't use ATs, and aren't playing for money. If you're playing a friendly match, you don't use infinite chaingrabs and crap, you just have fun, as was the point of the game originally. And Brawl was Epic.
/rant

Geno would most likely appear with the Mario characters, although it wouldn't be strange to see him between Snake and GaW on the CSS.

Sukai

Smash Champion
You know, Melee and 64 were intended for casuals too.

The difference there is that those games weren't deliberately designed to be non-competitive.
When Sakurai made Brawl, he spat in our faces, for all intents and purposes.
In classic Nintendo fashion he tried to dictate the way we should play the game.
Brawl isn't bad, but you know, it's spiteful.

majora_787

Smash Hero
You know, Melee and 64 were intended for casuals too.

The difference there is that those games weren't deliberately designed to be non-competitive.
When Sakurai made Brawl, he spat in our faces, for all intents and purposes.
In classic Nintendo fashion he tried to dictate the way we should play the game.
Brawl isn't bad, but you know, it's spiteful.
That's actually the FIRST time I've heard someone talk about Brawl with over 50% accuracy. I could cry, that was beautiful.

But yeah, Brawl IS melee and 64: It just has spite added in.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I hope Sakurai won't be in charge this time.
Or else it'll be another Brawl.
More Characters, more limitations, more camping.
How can you still be butt hurt about Brawl turned out? As he stated himself, his goal is to give each Smash game a different feel. He said at E3 06 that the game out be more aerial based and that characters would have an easier time recovering. He didn't want to create Melee 2.0, he wanted to create Brawl and, with that being said, he tried a different approach. Melee had it's freakishly good characters too and gay tactics. Heck, nearly half of Melee's cast was low tier. Granted, they had more options but they still sucked and still got their faces handed to them by the better characters. "But Brawl's nothing but Metaknight and Snake." Well, as long as we're using hyperboles, Melee was nothing but Fox and Marth.

Honestly, you still have Melee and now you have Brawl+ and Balanced Brawl, go play those if you really want to continue complaining about a game that's been out for nearly a year and a half. Also, who says the next game will be like Brawl? For all we know, the changes made in the next game could make it more competitive. Again, he tries to give each game a different feel so yes, let's antagonize him for him not making Smash Bros like Megaman where there's virtually nothing new brought to each new game and goes with it until people get burned out and lose interest. Honestly, the fact that Brawl still has a huge world wide following after more than a year after its release shows that he obviously did SOMETHING right.

This game isn't catered to the competitive gamer like Street Fighter, it's catered to everyone. Smash isn't naturally a competitive game, we make it that way. We take out the items, we ban certain stages, and we make it one on one most of the time. Things aren't forced like in Mario Kart, the game allows for the player to decide how they play it. Would you rather have it the other way where you can only play with four players and items on high?

Another thing I absolutely LOOOOOOOOOVE is how people have come to the conclusion that Sakurai is somehow completely incompetent because the game didn't meet their standards. Who do you think directed Smash 64 and Melee? ZoMg, HaXoRz! If most people had the same mentality that you do, Miyamoto would have been out on the street twenty years ago based on how he "ruined" the Zelda franchise with Zelda II: the Adventure of Link. Sakurai did somethings wrong, he already said that he wasn't pleased with everything that he did with the game so, for Christ's sake, why not at least give him the chance to redeem himself in your eyes? Honestly, the guy dedicated nearly 3 years of his life to this game and you're basically going to try to convince us that he doesn't deserve a second chance because Brawl lacks hitstun? If I may be so blunt, that's shearly, totally, completely, wholly, and utterly ********.

Add in: Also, saying that Brawl is "spiteful" is the same thing as saying that Brawl was made the way it was simply to piss people off. I'm sorry but that's outstandlyingly dumb and I would probably slap you upside your head for saying something so unapologetically stupid in real life. I mean, really? Really? He SuR iZ oWt ThAr Ta StIcK iT tA tEh KuMpEhTaTeEvE pLaYr, AiNt He? :ohwell:

Sukai

Smash Champion
TL;DR
Different feel and deliberately non-competitive have two entirely different vibes.
Melee had a different feel from 64, but was a great game.
Brawl was intentionally designed to be non-competitive.
"Only Meta Knight and Snake"? How about just Meta Knight. Fox and Marth was never in tier own SS tier, and tournament wise barely ranks higher than Falco, Sheik, Falcon and Peach, so an intelligent and well informed argument would have said "Melee is (these 6 characters)"
In any case, Brawl isn't a bad game, but it was made to be devoid of competitive play, which like it or not have impacted us competitive plays so hard that people thought it was actually necessary to make mods like B+ and B2, which 64 and Melee never was considered to have needed.
I play Melee, Brawl and Brawl+, so I believe that my voice on Brawl does hold weight considering I do play the game competitively.

Next time you wanna lecture me about how 'good' Brawl is, leave bold and ******** assumptions out of it please.

Once again, lets hope SSB4 isn't another Brawl
in the sense that it's designed with intents of having absolutely no competition involved.

n88

Smash Lord
Can we please stop this before it turns into a Melee vs. Brawl argument? (If it hasn't already)

Ideally, SSB4 would be somewhere between Melee and Brawl in terms of speed.

This Professor Layton thing is generating a lot of talk about SSB4. If Nintendo isn't working on it now, over-eager fanboys will never forgive them.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Then your opinion means nothing to me. Honestly, if you can't read something that takes less time to read as the Cat and the Hat (or have you even advanced beyond that point yet?) then you're not worth my time. Granted, I can't say that I ever thought any different seeing how you believe that Sakurai's goal was to royally screw over competitive gamers world wide with Brawl especially when he noted that Melee had a large competitive following and was one of the big things that contributed to the Smash franchise's popularity. Yes, no doubt about it, Sakurai hates the community that contributes a large percentage of the game's sales. Mystery solved and now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go drink the bleach under the kitchen sink until this makes as much sense in my mind as it does yours.

n88

Smash Lord
He started it.
I voiced my opinion and gave reason like anyone would and he started "fir'n his lazers".
Then your opinion means nothing to me. Honestly, if you can't read something that takes less time to read as the Cat and the Hat (or have you even advanced beyond that point yet?) then you're not worth my time. Granted, I can't say that I ever thought any different seeing how you believe that Sakurai's goal was to royally screw over competitive gamers world wide with Brawl especially when he noted that Melee had a large competitive following and was one of the big things that contributed to the Smash franchise's popularity. Yes, no doubt about it, Sakurai hates the community that contributes a large percentage of the game's sales. Mystery solved and now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go drink the bleach under the kitchen sink until this makes as much sense in my mind as it does yours.
:rolleyes:

What do people think about having something like SoulCalibur's (and other traditional fighters') Team Battle Mode? Basically, you each pick a set amount of characters equal to the number of stocks in the match. When you die as the first character, you respawn as the second, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom