• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
No, I probably wouldn't. I like Roy for his playstyle and for FE6, if he was a lardo he probably would play very slow (I don't like slow characters, sans Ike) and wouldn't have gotten off his *** to save the world in FE6 due to his fatness. Just like how if Ridley was a big fat green three-eyed dinosaur the size of a sizescaper I wouldn't think he was cool (kidding, Kraid is cool, just not as cool as the Rid man).

Also, I see that you are pitifully grasping at straws. Try again.
So you like characters based on their appearances.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
All Krystal has going for her is looks. If Krystal was a fat overweight fox that was male, then no one would like Krystal, no one.
Besides, if Roy was an overweight fat woman, would you like him?
No, I probably wouldn't.

Just like how if Ridley was a big fat green three-eyed dinosaur the size of a sizescaper I wouldn't think he was cool (kidding, Kraid is cool, just not as cool as the Rid man).
Sounds kinda like the same thing. A lot of people like their favorite video game characters based on what they look like.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sounds kinda like the same thing. A lot of people like their favorite video game characters based on what they look like.
So you are basing me liking characters based off of looks based off of that side comment I made about Ridley eh.

If you must know here is what made me a fan of Ridley:
The main tenet to Ridley's ferocity and the aura behind him is that Ridley’s tendency to show up when one has forgotten about him and the cruel nature of his attacks, not his size (if there is one Metroid boss that is famous for his size, it would be Kraid). Ridley is iconic for being a boss that shows up when one least expects him and for being an awesome boss fight in most of games he has been in. Really, I don’t think resizing Ridley would had any bearing on his ferocity.

Also, stop failing at reading comprehension and go back to school.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
So you are basing me liking characters based off of looks based off of that side comment I made about Ridley eh.

If you must know here is what made me a fan of Ridley:
(hold on, I am looking though my computer files to see where I put it)

Also, stop failing at reading comprehension and go back to school.
I wasn't saying that a particular physical appearance is the only reason you liked those characters, but it is an aspect. It's usually always an aspect.

(Just leave your elementary school insults out of it, they're useless.)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wasn't saying that a particular physical appearance is the only reason you liked those characters, but it is an aspect. It's usually always an aspect.

(Just leave your elementary school insults out of it, they're useless.)
I like Wario as a character, but not as playable character. Are you going to say I like Wario based off of looks?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
No, I'm going to say that you like another aspect of Wario, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Not always.

I like Wario, Dr. Mario, and Kraid not at all for their physical appearances, but rather other aspects (Wario for his games, Doc for his playstyle and games, and Kraid for being whomg huge). I think Ike looks more bad*** than Roy, however, I prefer Roy over him due to myself liking FE6 and Melee more than Brawl and FE9 (though that is not to say that FE9 is not good, its probably my third-favorite Fire Emblem, Ike is also my third-favorite character in the Smash Bros. series).

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

Not always.

I like Wario, Dr. Mario, and Kraid not at all for their physical appearances, but rather other aspects (Wario for his games, Doc for his playstyle and games, and Kraid for being whomg huge). I think Ike looks more bad*** than Roy, however, I prefer Roy over him due to myself liking FE6 and Melee more than Brawl and FE9 (though that is not to say that FE9 is not good, its probably my third-favorite Fire Emblem, Ike is also my third-favorite character in the Smash Bros. series).
Well that's great. Hopefully, if all those characters were magically turned into overweight women (to use your fun example), you'd still like them for everything else that makes them who they are. Or would you? Who knows. Kind of seeing what I'm getting at, here?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well that's great. Hopefully, if all those characters were magically turned into overweight women (to use your fun example), you'd still like them for everything else that makes them who they are. Or would you? Who knows.
I think flyinfilipino has a fetish for overweight women because he keeps bringing them up. :laugh:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
of being pwned, OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHI-

Well...do something about it? :dizzy:
No, you my friend are the one that is being served. Speaking of served, I could sure go for some syruppy buttery pancakes.

On an important sidenote, I am sorry for being rude and obnoxious for the past several pages. I have basically invoked the Brammimond rule for my posting (which means if you are polite to me I will be polite back, and if you are a jerk to me I'll be a jerk back). I am sorry if genuinely hurt your feelings flyinfilipino, and my attitude was not constructive to helping the Smash community increase its understanding about the prospects of certains characters/objects for Smash 4.

On-topic, if Simon Belmont were to become a playable character what would his design be?

Simon Belmont has three well-known designs. There is the “Conan” Simon who looks like Conan the Barbarian with a whip, this Simon was the one that was depicted for the first few games he was in. When Simon Belmont returned in Castlevania Chronicles for the PlayStation 1, he was returned to look more feminine and was designed by Ayami Kojima (who did the artwork for Symphony of the Night, the PS2 Castlevanias, as well as the Game Boy Advance ones). This “bishie” Simon has long red hair wears tight black leather and fur, and looks to be wearing eye-shadow (to give him more of a gothic look). This incarnation of Simon is often the one used when Simon had to cameo in other games made by Konami. However, feedback about this design is mixed, and I can certainly see a lot of the close-minded Smash community members making “lol Simon, more like Simona, I wonder if she loves Martha” jokes. However, Simon Belmont recently got another redesign. Simon Belmont was redesigned for Castlevania Judgment by Takeshi Obata (the creator of Death Note). This Simon still has some “bishie” in him, but he no longer has long hair. His face now strongly resembles that of Light Yagami from Death Note. However, the outfit is only slightly less ridiculous than Kojima’s Simon. Simon has his chest and chiseled abs exposed, something that makes absolutely no sense for a hardened warrior, especially one that has to battle demons with sharp claws, teeth, and weapons. His shorts are also a bit too tight for my liking, and the cross on his back could be a problem if he was ever placed into Smash Bros. since NOA tries their best to remove religious symbols in games they localize. I think the best course of action would either be for a new redesign for Simon Belmont exclusively for Smash Bros. or a few changes made to the Light Yagami Simon. Changes made to the Light Simon would be to have actually have armor covering his chest and abdominal area (its ridiculous that it isn’t covered), making the rest of the armor a bit less gaudy, the armor shorts not as tight, and removing the giant cross on his back (since I can see NOA throwing a hissy fit about it). However, I think there will still be a few people that will complain regardless of whatever is done with Simon Belmont’s design for Smash Bros.

gantrain05

Smash Master
honestly i think it would be totally badass to have alucard dracula from symphony of the night in smash, even tho simon belmont is the main char in 90% of the games, alucard just screams awesomeness.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
honestly i think it would be totally badass to have alucard dracula from symphony of the night in smash, even tho simon belmont is the main char in 90% of the games, alucard just screams awesomeness.
If Castlevania were to ever get a second character within Smash Bros. it would almost certainly be Alucard.

Alucard made his first appearance in Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse for the NES. He would not return until Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for PlayStation 1 in 1997, where he would later become one of the most popular protagonists in the series for having been the main protagonist for what many say to be the best game in the Castlevania series. Although this game was never brought over to a Nintendo console, Alucard would appear in three more games on Nintendo consoles. He appeared in Castlevania Legends for the Game Boy as a boss (which is regarded as the worst game in the series). However, Alucard would also appear in Aria of Sorrow for the Game Boy Advance as his alterego Genya Arikado. Alucard would return again in Dawn of Sorrow as Genya Arikado, only this time he was playable. Alucard was also a playable character in Castlevania Judgment for the Wii. With all this in mind, Alucard would not be a bad choice to select as Castlevania’s representative for Smash Bros. However, unfortunately for Alucard, Simon Belmont is a better choice and a more iconic character for the overall series.

Here is a chibi picture of Kojima's Simon:

gantrain05

Smash Master
i honestly think that capcom really deserves as many reps in smash bros as they want to put in, megaman, zero, simon, alucard, i think all of them should be in smash, along with bomberman, they were a huge part of nintendos history whether they liked it or not =/ maybe not so much zero, as he/she was mainly only in the X series, but megaman for sure lol.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
i honestly think that capcom really deserves as many reps in smash bros as they want to put in, megaman, zero, simon, alucard, i think all of them should be in smash, along with bomberman, they were a huge part of nintendos history whether they liked it or not =/ maybe not so much zero, as he/she was mainly only in the X series, but megaman for sure lol.
Castlevania belongs to Konami (the same company that owns Metal Gear), not Capcom.

I agree with you that Mega Man, Castlevania, and to a lesser extent Bomberman have had a lot of history with Nintendo, however, space will be limited in Smash 4, so only 1 or 2 third-party characters should really be allowed for Smash 4 (I also favor cycling out "guests", however, that is another topic for another time). Sakurai himself thinks that 50 characters is the ceiling in regards to Smash 4 (and that number includes transformations since Sakurai said that Brawl had 39 characters), and even said he might forgo that number in exchange for greaters deviations and development with Smash Bros.'s gameplay. Overall, Sakurai said that he felt a large roster increase would not be worth making another Smash 4, leading me to believe that Sakurai might be placing his emphasis upon gameplay and mode expansion. I believe that Brawl will go down as the the Smash game with the highest increase in newcomers over the previous installment. I would ask for my fellow Smash fans to lower their expectations in regards to an increase of characters for Smash 4, and to be pessimistic if only to be pleasantly surprised by the actual number of newcomers for Smash 4.

thekingsdinner666

Smash Apprentice
And the story mode was garbage anyways. Keep your expectations low for it and you wont be disappointed. The biggest improvement in the game bar none would be online improvements/tracking/tournament hosting
That's a double post.

And anyway, you're right, in a way.

I mean, who really cares in B & K come into Brawl? It would be weird if Star Wars characters came in, and maybe in 100 years, I'll be in the game.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Why doesn't anybody want Krystal in the game? lol

Finally, a Starfox character without an annoying blaster. She can wield a spear. And it doesn't hurt to have another female character. Especially since I don't like Peach at all, so that's one less.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Why doesn't anybody want Krystal in the game? lol

Finally, a Starfox character without an annoying blaster. She can wield a spear. And it doesn't hurt to have another female character. Especially since I don't like Peach at all, so that's one less.

Because there is already enough Star Fox characters in Smash Bros. Also, Sakurai giving Krystal her staff (which she never used and hasn't been seen since Adventures) is about as liklely as Sakurai giving Ganondorf a sword/trident or Toon Link all of his crazy gadgets....

I say Star Fox fans should be thankful for what they have, and should instead be asking Sakurai to fully declone Wolf (he only needs different specials and final smash in order to be a completely unique character).

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
You mean ALL the Starfox characters need different final smashes.

And there are....1,2,3,4,5! Five Mario reps (six if you count Yoshi), and four Legend of Zelda reps, so why not four Starfox characters?

gantrain05

Smash Master

And there are....1,2,3,4,5! Five Mario reps (six if you count Yoshi), and four Legend of Zelda reps, so why not four Starfox characters?
its just not as popular as mario or zelda simple as that.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Because Star Fox sells far less than Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. Heck, Kirby and Metroid are both bigger than Star Fox, and as I said earlier, even Fire Emblem passed Star Fox in sales.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

gantrain05

Smash Master
Third-most popular?

No.

Its something like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

Mario: 201 million
Pokemon: 180 million
Zelda: 52 million
Donkey Kong: 48 million
Kirby: 30 million
Metroid: 13 million
Animal Crossing: 7 million

Star Fox does not even rank in the top 100 best selling video game franchises.
that list is actually pretty inaccurate, stating starcraft selling only 10 million copies but the numbers on that are actually much much higher. it sold almost 3 million on its first day over 10 years ago and still continues to sell strong, you can still find that game at any wal-mart store or any store really that carries compter games.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
that list is actually pretty inaccurate, stating starcraft selling only 10 million copies but the numbers on that are actually much much higher. it sold almost 3 million on its first day over 10 years ago and still continues to sell strong, you can still find that game at any wal-mart store or any store really that carries compter games.
The Nintendo ones are backed up by official sources to Nintendo.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was actually surprised they even got three.

Before playing the game, it looked from the site like they were all going to be clones...They aren't, but it did look like it.

Zelda has the 3 heroes, I don't think it needs more (It also has Toon/ Young Link, a little more than needed but I can live with it)

Donkey Kong needs K. Rool. I also would except Dixie being playable. I WAS actually one of the few people that thought a Diddy/ Dixie team up would have been a good idea IE: DKC 2 style. That would have had the 4 (If they added K. Rool) most important characters in the series only taking up 3 characters.

Kirby is fine as is, though the addition of Marx would have been cool...though not necessary.

Metroid should have had Ridley as playable. Make it work somehow, so what if Bowser ends up not being the biggest, they can make him the heaviest still.

The Mario series just has too many good, viable characters. I just wanted Geno in, that would have been awesome.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
De Blob (I really think this is a good idea. Original character, not 3rd party, good moveset potential.)
I thought De Blob was made by some European university students, and they were contacted by THQ, who decided to make a Wii version of a PC game.
It is not 1st party.

Krystal has to be one of the worst Nintendo characters. Period. At least Tingle has some redeeming qualities.
I don't really mind Tingle, as he is a joke character in the series. They expect you to take Krystal as a serious character :ohwell:

No, a lot of people feel the same way as me. All Krystal has going for her is looks. If Krystal was a fat overweight fox that was male, then no one would like Krystal, no one. Pr0n and furries drive 90% of Krystal's popularity. Don't you deny it, because it is factual and actual.
If Krystal was to replace Wolf, that would be like replacing Bowser with Daisy.
Just because a character's female doesn't mean they should be in the game. And I agree ChronoBound, Krystal's fan base revolves around her appearance. If they were to add a new member to Team Star Fox in a future game, and this member was a male barnyard animal with a detailed background history, would people want him in?
No, because he doesn't have breasts or a skimpy/ tight outfit.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ridley as a playable character?
I wouldn't mind if Ridley is playable. Problem is, too many people use the "Ridley is too big" excuse for why he can't be playable. They should look at Bowser since he too has been quite big in the Mario games, but gets resized for the spin-offs.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Sakurai himself thinks that 50 characters is the ceiling in regards to Smash 4 (and that number includes transformations since Sakurai said that Brawl had 39 characters), and even said he might forgo that number in exchange for greaters deviations and development with Smash Bros.'s gameplay. Overall, Sakurai said that he felt a large roster increase would not be worth making another Smash 4, leading me to believe that Sakurai might be placing his emphasis upon gameplay and mode expansion.
Do you have the exact quote for that (the foregoing more characters part)? When I first saw the quote you're talking about (or something similar), I took it to mean that he wouldn't make a Smash 4 simply to just add more characters, which makes sense. To keep the series from getting stale, there's got to be improvements/changes/new things/ with regards to the actual game play.

I say Star Fox fans should be thankful for what they have, and should instead be asking Sakurai to fully declone Wolf (he only needs different specials and final smash in order to be a completely unique character).
Yo, Wolf's fine.

I see you're using excerpts from your "project", why don't you just post that friggin' thing already? :dizzy:

Dan_X

Smash Lord
How about in the next game, instead of tripping, there's wave-tripping. Wave-tripping is important to gameplay in that in the midst of gameplay you'll suddenly whoosh off the platform and slide to your death--- completely randomly!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited for this feature!

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Chronobound, why are you so wraped up in series getting the representation they deserve? That is a completely subjective idea, you could believe mario deserves 5 reps, whereas i could believe they deserve somethin like 8. Not to mention you have to take into account character viability, a series like metroid which only has one real main character,samus, can't have this rep by popularity that you propose, because simply metroid doesn't have many characters to represnt it. Where as the mario franchise has a few viable characters nintendo can work with to put in smash, toad, bowser jr, waluigi, daisy,etc. i could list more. Going back to metroid you have, maybe Dark Samus, and sylux to work with. Ridley they obviously felt they couldn't make it work so that widdles it down even more. So when you strike ideas like Kystal Claus or whoever because there franchise doesn't deserve it, think about that maybe that doesn't matter as much as being able to make characters work.

And brawl is a total mochary of your idea anyway, Kirby has 3 reps, sf has 3, mother has 2 where Dk on your numbers is 4th and they only have 2. SO clerly nintendo cares little about representation as they do about using characters with a fan base and characters that can be made with viable movesets.

To me representation should have little to do with the selected characters for smash. The only time it should be mentioned is if someone goes overboard on a series like stating ssb4 should have fox falco wolf leon panther krystal, pigma, peppy, slippy. Only in this instance would i say representation matters, butwhen people suggest a 1 character increase i really don't think its to much to ask, i.e krystal, claus,

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Because, Nessnoob, without that sort of reasoning we have no basis whatsoever to go on. You're essentially throwing the reasoning we use for everything out the window.

Mother or Starfox of all series in particular getting another character would make me vomit.

I've lost immense amounts of respect over the past few pages for certain individuals that won't be named with their sheer ignorance. And I'm not exactly talking about random noobs. . .

Chronobound said:
Random guy: Ridley is not too big
Chrono: Opinion.
Random guy: Roy has the phir3
Chrono: Fact.

*Blah blah blah about how Krystal can not be attractive due to being an animal*

n88

Smash Lord
so much krystal hate was there a debate like this with ZSS or when people realized you could see peachs undergarments? :(
No, because there was no argument over wether the ability to look at Peach's underwear should be in-game or not (I hope). People just found it.

I don't think that StarFox deserves 4 characters. Master Warlord is right, if somewhat rude, about this.

I have no objection to Krystal being in the game, but I think that Wolf or Falco should be removed/set to an alternate costume for Fox if Krystal is added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom