• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lucario was going to be in either way, but he did replace Mewtwo.

And I believe Lucario is just as easily replaceable as soon as the new pokemon fad steps in to fill his place.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Barely. The latest Fire Emblem to be released worldwide (Radiant Dawn) outsold the latest Star Fox (Command).

Star Fox is going downhill in sales and quality, while Fire Emblem is going up in terms of sales and staying consistent in quality.

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?re...3=Fire+Emblem+X:+Radiant+Dawn+-+Wii&weeks=100
Yay graphs.

Like I said earlier, the reason the FE games stay consistent is because there are more games and the same developer does them.

The Star Fox series differs greatly from game to game because the developers are not consistent. You're stil trying to pin it on Krystal, which is futile.

I'm now awaiting your sneaky edit.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Lucario was going to be in either way, but he did replace Mewtwo.

And I believe Lucario is just as easily replaceable as soon as the new pokemon fad steps in to fill his place.
Lucario did not replace Mewtwo. Sakurai fully intended for Mewtwo to be a playable character, however, due to time constraints (and possibly other factors) he was never completed.

Also, I see that flyinfilipino is doing the dc about why Star Fox is going more downhill than an Arwing on Solar.\

Here's another chart to wipe your tears with:
http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?re...3=Japan&game3=Starfox:+Assault+-+GC&weeks=100

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Oooh, trying insults again. *yawn*

I've seen the graphs, numbers, everything; I know it all. You're still evading the obvious issue.
I'm not evading anything.

The issue I am getting at is why the hell a fourth slot should be given to a series for a series that is dropping like a rock in both reviews and sales. Why? Because Krystal is yiff yiffity yifftacular to the yiffxtreme.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'm not evading anything.

The issue I am getting at is why the hell a fourth slot should be given to a series for a series that is dropping like a rock in both reviews and sales. Why? Because Krystal is yiff yiffity yifftacular to the yiffxtreme.
So...where did I even mention Krystal getting in to Smash Bros.?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So...where did I even mention Krystal getting in to Smash Bros.?

You were defending Krystal's honor, or lack thereof. I am sorry if I am being rude to you regarding Krystal. Its that time of the month for me (no not that, the one in which I pwn Krystal and her furry fanbase).

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
You were defending Krystal's honor, or lack thereof. I am sorry if I am being rude to you regarding Krystal. Its that time of the month for me (no not that, the one in which I troll Krystal and her furry fanbase).
Honor? No such thing.

And don't think you're affecting me at all if you're targeting Krystal's "furry fanbase".

Besides, your swelling ego is fun to watch.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That's alright. You have your reasons. As for me, I'm a fan of a lot of loli characters, not for the wrong reasons, they always seem so underestmeated.

Lip at least started a good series, and I love Panel de Pon's music, its so peaceful.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Alright, here's my characters list:

Mario Reps (5):
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser
-Bowser Jr.

Yoshi (1):
-Yoshi

DK (2):
-D.K
-Diddy

Wario Ware (2):
-Wario
-9-Volt (uses classic 8-bit characters as attacks)

Zelda (6):
-Link
-Toon Link (original move set)
-Zelda
-Sheik
-Ganondorf (original move set)
-Tingle

Metroid (2):
-Samus (no Zero Suit)
-Ridley

Pokemon (7):
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
-Mewtwo (new move set)
-New Pokemon

Kirby (3):
-Kirby
-Meta Knight
-King Dedede

Fire Emblem (3):
-Marth
-Ike
-New Fire Emblem character

Starfox (3):
-Fox
-Falco (new move set)
-Krystal

Earthbound (3):
-Ness
-Lucas
-Masked Man (Claus)

F-Zero (2 and it's about time):
-Captain Falcon
-Samurai Goroh

Pikmin (1):
-Captain Olimar

Classic (4):
-Mr.Game and Watch
-ROB
-Ice Climbers
-Pit
(don't forget 9-Volt, he uses a bunch of classic fighters as his moves)

New Series (4):
-Isaac (Golden Sun)
-KK Slider (Animal Crossing)
-Ray MKII (Custom Robo)
-Andy (Advance Wars)

Third Party (5):
-Snake
-Sonic
-Megaman
-Ryu (Street Fighter)
-Cecil (Final Fantasy)

OLD FIGHTERS: 35
NEW FIGHTERS: 17

That's a total of 52 fighters

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I don't read the articles you post. I've read most of them up to that one and they all pretty much seem to say 'games with story will die because of the Wii lolololol', which completely ignore the fact that some of the most succesful games are incredibly story driven, such as Zelda and Paper Mario.
SURPRISE SURPRISE. This tells me one of three things.
  1. You lied and did not read it
  2. You skimmed it, meaning you took nothing away
  3. You lack reading comprehension and need more schooling.
Overall, it means you missed the point. HAD you read it, you would understand that "Games with stories will die because entertainment is always changing." I have no time to explain things to ignorant people who wish to remain that way. All you have proven is you are incompetent and/or really stubborn.

The Wii wasn't a step backwards. What are you talking about? It tried to innovate gameplay, though developers aren't really making good use of it... hopefully Motion Plus and games like the Conduit will change that.
It would be a step backwards.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Alright, here's my characters list:

Mario Reps (5): (this is fine)
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser
-Bowser Jr.

Yoshi (1): (good, Yoshi does not need a second character)
-Yoshi

DK (2): (needs K. Rool)
-D.K
-Diddy

Wario Ware (2): (No, Wario does not need a second character)
-Wario
-9-Volt (uses classic 8-bit characters as attacks)

Zelda (6): (Sheik should share the same slot as Zelda, otherwise this is fine)
-Link
-Toon Link (original move set)
-Zelda
-Sheik
-Ganondorf (original move set)
-Tingle

Metroid (2): (good)
-Samus (no Zero Suit)
-Ridley

Pokemon (7): (good)
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
-Mewtwo (new move set)
-New Pokemon

Kirby (3): (good)
-Kirby
-Meta Knight
-King Dedede

Fire Emblem (3): (personally, I would put Roy in, otherwise its fine)
-Marth
-Ike
-New Fire Emblem character

Starfox (3): (no, the furry queen does not deserve to be playable, Wolf can't let Krystal do that)
-Fox
-Falco (new move set)
-Krystal

Earthbound (3): (Mother does not deserve as many characters as it has games)
-Ness
-Lucas
-Masked Man (Claus)

F-Zero (2 and it's about time): (fine)
-Captain Falcon
-Samurai Goroh

Pikmin (1): (fine)
-Captain Olimar

Classic (4): (fine)
-Mr.Game and Watch
-ROB
-Ice Climbers
-Pit
(don't forget 9-Volt, he uses a bunch of classic fighters as his moves)

New Series (4): (I disagree with AC getting a playable character, and I think a more recent AW character would get in over Andy)
-Isaac (Golden Sun)
-KK Slider (Animal Crossing)
-Ray MKII (Custom Robo)
-Andy (Advance Wars)

Third Party (5): (A chocobo would get in over Cecil)
-Snake
-Sonic
-Megaman
-Ryu (Street Fighter)
-Cecil (Final Fantasy)

OLD FIGHTERS: 35
NEW FIGHTERS: 17

That's a total of 52 fighters
Comments in bold.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Overall, it means you missed the point. HAD you read it, you would understand that "Games with stories will die because entertainment is always changing." I have no time to explain things to ignorant people who wish to remain that way. All you have proven is you are incompetent and/or really stubborn.
He clearly said he didn't read that article. Reading comprehension?

The idea that video games with stories will die out is ridiculous. You're going to be eliminating a lotttttttt of video games with that.

I think you just need to settle down and not assume that you're always right because you can quote an article.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Lip at least started a good series, and I love Panel de Pon's music, its so peaceful.
True, some of the music can be too peaceful, like the Nintendo Puzzle Collection Forest Fairy theme song, I almost just pause the game just to hear the song all the way. XD

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
No, a lot of people feel the same way as me. All Krystal has going for her is looks. If Krystal was a fat overweight fox that was male, then no one would like Krystal, no one. Pr0n and furries drive 90% of Krystal's popularity. Don't you deny it, because it is factual and actual.
90% of Fire Emblem fans are gay otakus who live in their mother's basements. P0rn and geeks drive 90% of Fire Emblem's popularity. Don't you deny it, because it is factual and actual.

Yes, I, too, can make sweeping generalizations and pass them as fact.

This is unbecoming of you. If you really want to try and play Sakurai, then you must be objective. You must understand all characters are equal because people have different views on them.

He clearly said he didn't read that article. Reading comprehension?

The idea that video games with stories will die out is ridiculous. You're going to be eliminating a lotttttttt of video games with that.

I think you just need to settle down and not assume that you're always right because you can quote an article.
He said he read it but went to the conclusion I say "Games with stories will die because of Wii lolololo"

The reason to quote the article is so people might listen. I would assume you are more likely to understand something from someone with better explanation then me. Many people call it crazy that games with stories will die, but the future is starting to loom that way (although, more so games that act like movies. Other members some how made it games with stories).

One truth is that I always think I am right, but so does 90% of the internet. The other 10% just sit idly by and watch. What I have noticed is most people either miss the point or have really bad counter arguments. The reason I never admit I am wrong is because no one has made an argument that would prove me wrong. That doesn't stop them from "thinking" they have done so.

I post the articles because if someone else can say it better then I can, then why should I say it myself. The other reason is I am a fan of his work and think more people should pay attention. He probably isn't the first or the only one who has said these things, but many people brush it off. "OH, games with stories will always be around." The point was that isn't the case. Many have tried to say that it wont happen, but they ignore when I mention M.U.L.E., a game that was popular in it's day, but fadded away.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Alright. To make you happy I went back and read it.

Guess what? It's bull****. His cycle theory is completely wrong, seeing as arcade's are still wildly successful in Japan. Just because an article (no doubt it's obviously biased seeing as the website was called the wiikly) on the internet said something doesn't make it true.

Seriously dude, stop being stupid.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
90% of Fire Emblem fans are gay otakus who live in their mother's basements. P0rn and geeks drive 90% of Fire Emblem's popularity. Don't you deny it, because it is factual and actual.

Yes, I, too, can make sweeping generalizations and pass them as fact.

This is unbecoming of you. If you really want to try and play Sakurai, then you must be objective. You must understand all characters are equal because people have different views on them.
Actually only 50% of the Fire Emblem fanbase is made up of otakus. :laugh:

I am sorry, but I have not seen anything about Krystal that warrants her popularity other than her physical appearance. I usually try to stay more objective, however, when I see things like people saying that Star Fox deserves four characters, or Falco or Wolf getting cut for Krystal then I simply get agitated.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Alright. To make you happy I went back and read it.

Guess what? It's bull****. His cycle theory is completely wrong, seeing as arcade's are still wildly successful in Japan. Just because an article (no doubt it's obviously biased seeing as the website was called the wiikly) on the internet said something doesn't make it true.

Seriously dude, stop being stupid.
Yes, you are so intelligent. You disproved the entire argument by saying that Japanese arcades still exist while ignoring the fact they do not exist in the US or Europe and it's never specified that it wasn't.

Now we can add biased to your list. It's obvious you say it is wrong because it came from a Nintendo site. Yes, the author MUST be biased (do you even listen to yourself?)

You'll keep ranting and raving about something idiotic when it would have been easier to read, digest, and make a valid argument. You might be right that the man is a quack; you just didn't prove it.

Actually only 50% of the Fire Emblem fanbase is made up of otakus. :laugh:

I am sorry, but I have not seen anything about Krystal that warrants her popularity other than her physical appearance. I usually try to stay more objective, however, when I see things like people saying that Star Fox deserves four characters, or Falco or Wolf getting cut for Krystal then I simply get agitated.
Looks may be one of the reason people like Krystal. But another may be that she is a fresh breath of air to the franchise. Some may like how she fits in with the team. There are many reasons people have. You could ask them ;)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Looks may be one of the reason people like Krystal. But another may be that she is a fresh breath of air to the franchise. Some may like how she fits in with the team. There are many reasons people have. You could ask them ;)
I'll go ahead and save Chronobound a post by mentioning the reasons I like Krystal.

1. She's a woman.
- Makes the Starfox team more diversified and adds something new to the mix.
2. Gave Fox some more personality.
- You can argue whether it's for better or worse, but I like to see characters get expand on.
3. I like her character.
- It may not be the most developed or the most original, but I like it. I'd also like to see her backstory to be revealed more, possibly in a side-story like Adventures.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Don't worry, I didn't think that it was towards me. It was pretty obvious who it was for.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'll go ahead and save Chronobound a post by mentioning the reasons I like Krystal.

1. She's a woman.
- Makes the Starfox team more diversified and adds something new to the mix.
2. Gave Fox some more personality.
- You can argue whether it's for better or worse, but I like to see characters get expand on.
3. I like her character.
- It may not be the most developed or the most original, but I like it. I'd also like to see her backstory to be revealed more, possibly in a side-story like Adventures.
I said that MOST people like her based off of her physical appearance. Remember when I said that is where 90% of her popularity came from. You're in the minority.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Lol. It was a valid explanation, not an excuse. I don't need excuses.

Besides, if Roy was an overweight fat woman, would you like him?
No, I probably wouldn't. I like Roy for his playstyle and for FE6, if he was a lardo he probably would play very slow (I don't like slow characters, sans Ike) and wouldn't have gotten off his *** to save the world in FE6 due to his fatness. Just like how if Ridley was a big fat green three-eyed dinosaur the size of a sizescaper I wouldn't think he was cool (kidding, Kraid is cool, just not as cool as the Rid man).

Also, I see that you are pitifully grasping at straws. Try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom