• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Speaking of the SSE Cutscenes I think Sonic stole Jigglypuffs role. Think about it. He was added late and his role was so crap. It would have been a way better ending if Jiggs came and broke Tabuu's wings.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of the SSE Cutscenes I think Sonic stole Jigglypuffs role. Think about it. He was added late and his role was so crap. It would have been a way better ending if Jiggs came and broke Tabuu's wings.
I wonder what would happen there...

Jigglypuff tries to attack Tabuu's wings, but arrived too late. Thus, it's game over and Tabuu is victorious indefinitely. Sonic worked better since he was WAY faster than Jigglypuff, though he could've done that AND have a more major role at the same time.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I wonder what would happen there...

Jigglypuff tries to attack Tabuu's wings, but arrived too late. Thus, it's game over and Tabuu is victorious indefinitely. Sonic worked better since he was WAY faster than Jigglypuff, though he could've done that AND have a more major role at the same time.
no way! Jigglypuff would put Tabuu to sleep and pimp slap him

justaway12

Smash Master
*GASP* Someone else thinks so to, I said the same thing in another thread.

Jigglypuff is unpopular but she was still meant to have a small part (VERY SMALL) in SSE, afterall she WAS one of the original 12 and that was the part was this (with rollout) but sonic wouldn't allow it so he called all of his fangirls (and boys) to gang up on jigglypuff and the rest is history.

You might ask how do I know this?

Simple I was there jigglypuff may be my secondry but sonic's so ~kawaii~ :embarrass.

But seriously i was so dissapointed that jigglypuff wasn't in, she is a very fun character they could have made it quite funny and sonic should have a MUCH bigger role.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Jigglypuff or Mewtwo were gonna be cut due to time constraints.
Jigglypuff was chosen instead of Mewtwo, and placed into the game towards the end of it's development.

I'm pretty sure that's what happened, but I'm not 100% certain.

justaway12

Smash Master
Jigglypuff or Mewtwo were gonna be cut due to time constraints.
Jigglypuff was chosen instead of Mewtwo, and placed into the game towards the end of it's development.

I'm pretty sure that's what happened, but I'm not 100% certain.
hopefully none of the 12 original charcters will be cut and that might be the reason for jigglypuff being in brawl and might be in SSB4 and PROBABLY Jigglypuff>Mewtwo.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
It will always be Jigglypuff> Mewtwo.

Mewtwo may be more popular, but Jiggs has higher priority within the Smash franchise.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Why do people love Sonic so much? He had 3 good games and then went rotten. What's the big deal?
Let's see what good titled Sonic game's were: Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic TH2, Sonic TH3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Rush.... yea, I think that's more than 3. ^_^;

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Why do people love Sonic so much? He had 3 good games and then went rotten. What's the big deal?
Most of Sonic's good games were released during Sega's Genesis/Mega Drive era. They consisted of of Sonic 1, 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and CD. The two Sonic games for the Dreamcast were decent platformers for their time, and good enough to bring a new era of Sonic fans. However, most of Sonic's recent games have been mediocre, subpar, or downright terrible.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Cloud and Sepiroth had 1.

Anyone mentions Kingdom Hearts and they WILL be slain. You can argue that game is good all you like I guess (I definately disagree) but they completely ruined the FF7 Characters in it if you ask me that's not debatable. Advent children film was good if you're into that sorta thing but I think Cloud and Sepiroth kinda sucked in that too the other characters were ok...

Dirge Of Cerberus? LOL I have no idea if they are in it. I stopped playing after 5 minutes that game was so bad...

People tend to look at the best not the average.

Not particularly relevent to Smash I guess but it proves the point just fine.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Let's see what good titled Sonic game's were: Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic TH2, Sonic TH3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Rush.... yea, I think that's more than 3. ^_^;

I agree with you there, especially with no Sonic CD, but I never liked Sonic Rush, Advance 2, except for the bosses and Chaos Emeralds, was better.

They tried to add a story line, it worked in some sense.
They then used this same storyline brief for all other 3D games. It's like they had to fill in the gaps.

Main villain= .....

Theme= eg. friendship, teamwork etc.

Character who will die/ presume to be dead until next game=.....

2 new characters to replace a dead one from the last game=.....

justaway12

Smash Master
It's definatly more than 3 and I also hate you for leaving me with such a hard question I know I don't have to answer but I feel obligated as a sonic fan it's because the games that were first realeased were considered good the ones so far are :urg:, I also like him because he's cool and can run really fast.

AnimalCrossingVillager

Smash Rookie
ROSTERWISE:

Some things to know before reading this list:

This is just something I'd like to see. No way do I think Sakurai would ever be not lazy enough to put together this awesome of a roster.

I made this list as if Sakurai made the decision to include several characters from each series. I believe that a popular series can’t be represented by just 3 or 4 characters. More like 6-8, as you’ll see in my list. However, that doesn’t mean Sakurai should add every character under the sun just for the heck of it. Kirby is a good example. I just don’t think you could squeeze any more great characters out of that series, even though I’d like to.

Also, read this list with this phrase in mind, “No clones”. I cannot stress this enough. I do know however, that characters like Luigi, and Falco will probably always be “Luigified” (Although I‘d like to see them get entirely unique move sets), but there’s no excuse for any more clones from this point out.

When you think a certain character doesn't make a good fighter, re-think it. The idea of Smash Bros. is to make things happen that never would otherwise, so all characters deserve a chance.

I'll probably end up editing this list as I recieve feedback.

And remember, no matter how much you may hate a certain character, it always has a fan base somewhere.

Okay, Here We Go:

Starters (Brawl's starting roster was waaaaay to big. I like to feel accomplished by unlocking several characters.
Mario
Peach
Bowser
DK
Yoshi
Link
Zelda
Kirby
Pikachu
Lucas
Samus
Fox
Pit
Wario
Ice Climbers
Captain Falcon
Ike

Mario Reps: 8
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr. (No Shadow Mario transformation, just give Bowser Jr. the Paintbrush)
Luigi
Daisy (HERE COME DA FLAMES) You have to admit, as a counterpart of Peach, Daisy is important enough to be in SSB4. Oh, and her moveset should be based on the "Sports" Mario titles.
Waluigi-Like Daisy, he's a "rival" character, so I think he deserves it.
Geno

Zelda Reps: 7
Link (Visualy based on the most recent Link)
Toon/Young Link (Again, based on the most recent "Young Link")
Zelda/Shiek (Same here)
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Vatti
Ganondorf (Definitely de-cloned. Use the sword, not taunt with it.)
Midna (NOT with Wolf Link. In her imp form. If she was riding Wolf Link, we'd have too many Link variations, and the character would be more based on Him than her).

Kirby Reps: 3
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
(Honestly can't think of any more that would really have decent movesets)

Pokemon Reps: 8
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Mewtwo
Plusle & Minun (Joint character, like Ice Climbers. Also 3rd generation Pokemon Series needs a rep)
Pokemon Trainer (From Brawl, Although I would really like it if they gave him a name like "Red". I just think "Pokemon Trainer is too ambiguous)
Pokemon Coordinator (Looks based on D&P Female trainer. Heck, give her a name too. Pokemon: Chikorita, Combusken, Empoleon)
Team Rocket

WARNING: WALL OF TEXT. After thinking about it, I'd really like to see a "Team Rocket" character. I don't just mean some rocket grunts, but Jessie and James. And before you say they were only in the anime, go play Pokemon Yellow. The people you face at the end of Mt. Moon (and several other places) look exactly like the Jessie and James from the anime. They even have a Meowth. Besides, I think it would be awseome to see their entrance be "Team Rocket rides in on the Meowth Balloon".The voice acting is the most important part, but I'm sure the voice actors from the original anime wouldn't mind reprising their roles. Jessie, James and Meowth could stand together in the background. Their other two Pokemon would be... well this is where the trouble comes in. I really would like them to have Wheezing and Arbok, just for the sake of nostalgia, but the only problem is that neither of them has legs. I can sort of imagine Wheezing, floating a cerain distance from the ground the whole time and having a recovery move like R.O.B.'s, but Arbok would be a little harder to translate to Smash Bros., but it could be done. Arbok and Wheezing would switch out in Pokeballs, but when it's Mewoth's turn, he simply jumps from Jessie and James' side onto the stage. And when playing a stock battle, the Pokemon on the field that loses the last life flies into Jessie and James, and then you have the famous "Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off again!" Hopefully Sakurai will look past all of the BAWWWWing about the Subspace Emissary and make a sequel in SSB4 (one that includes all playable characters), and make Team Rocket a boss (but still playable). Is that the Team Rocket motto I hear?

Metriod Reps: 4
Samus/Zamus (Sorry, but I think Dark Samus should just be a color change.)
Ridley (Don't pitch a fit about the size, just look at Bowser in Galaxy, Sunshine, and 64. They could definitely size him down.)
Rundas
Weavel

Starfox Reps: 4
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Kid Icarus Reps: 1
Pit

Warioware Reps: 2?
Wario
Kat & Ana
(As much as I'd love to see more Warioware characters, I don't think they'd be able to find more to make good reps out of. I would like to see Jimmy T. , Mike or Ashley though.)

Fire Emblem Reps: 7 (Whew...)
Marth
Ike
Roy
Lyn
Sothe
Miciah (Spelling?)
Black Knight

Mother/Earthbound Reps: 4
Ness
Lucas
Poo
Jeff (Technology based attacks. I mean, his dad is a Professor.)

Donkey Kong Reps: 4
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
K. Rool
Dixie (It is important that she not be a clone. I know she was supposed to be a "joint" character with Diddy in Brawl, but I'd like to see them separated.)

Yoshi's Island Reps: 2
Yoshi
Baby Mario & Baby Luigi (Joint character. Listed this in the Yoshi section since the babies are sort of a big part of the Yoshi games.)

Ice Climber Reps: 1
Ice Climbers

Pikmin Reps: 2
CaptainOlimar
Louie (I'd like to see him with Pikmin Pluck, but defintiely give him radically different moves from Olimar.)

F-Zero Reps: 3
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow
Samurai Goroh

Game & Watch Reps: 1
Mr. Game and Watch

Gyromite Reps: 1
R.O.B.

Other (Mostly New Series)
Isaac (Golden Sun)

Mii (All Mii's movesets are the same, you can just pick your own Mii.)

Villager (Animal Crossing. The gender would be part of the costume change, as well as mix-and-matchable shirts, hats, and face accessories.)

Tom Nook (This one would be a stretch, but I think it would turn out great.)

De Blob (I really think this is a good idea. Original character, not 3rd party, good moveset potential.)

Ballon Fighter (Balloon Fight)

Saki (Sin & Punishment)

Stafy (No really.)

Jill (Drill Dozer, has fantastic potential for a good moveset.)

Lil' Mac (Punch Out!)

Andy (Advance Wars)

3rd Party Reps: 3? (OH BOY)
Snake
Sonic
Megaman (They'd have to be careful not to make him Samus-Like, y'know, with the arm cannons. Oh, and as for the look, I think Capcom should let the development team sort of create their own look for him, like they did with Pit.)
HHHHHHRRRGGGGGGGG... Must think... of one more... 3rd party... well, I can't. I slightly want to see Pacman, but I can't really think of a good moveset...

TOTAL: 76 Characters (Is my math correct?)

That is A LOT. But really, if the next Smash Bros. Development team was given 5-6 years to do it, they could. Wouldn't you rather have a Big roster later than a little roster soon?

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
All characters unlocked from the start. No question. When I buy the game I want to play it with my friends and not have to spend hours by myself unlocking everything only to find when everyone comes to play I've become "That Guy". At least have the courtesy to giev us an everyone unlocked cheat. There are gonna be a lot of people buying Smash that ONLY want to play the Multiplayer and would rather never touch the Single Player modes. Evein if they turn out quite good. Which I doubt.

smashbros.maniac

Smash Cadet
All characters unlocked from the start. No question. When I buy the game I want to play it with my friends and not have to spend hours by myself unlocking everything only to find when everyone comes to play I've become "That Guy". At least have the courtesy to giev us an everyone unlocked cheat. There are gonna be a lot of people buying Smash that ONLY want to play the Multiplayer and would rather never touch the Single Player modes. Evein if they turn out quite good. Which I doubt.
Oh, come on... What's the fun in that? =D I like unlocking the characters! It's a cool challenge of patience! >=D

I think that more customization would be cool!

Scott!

Smash Lord
Sounds like someone else watched the Zero Punctuation video review...

Perhaps having an option for this tucked away in a menu far out of the way would be okay. I personally enjoy the unlocking process, and wouldn't want this option, but I can definitely see the appeal.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Oh, come on... What's the fun in that?
I actually get to play the part of the game that doesn't suck?

=D I like unlocking the characters! It's a cool challenge of patience! >=D
Agreed. It DEFINATELY tests your patience.

Sounds like someone else watched the Zero Punctuation video review...
Yes. But me being here proves I didn't agree with it entirely huh?

Perhaps having an option for this tucked away in a menu far out of the way would be okay. I personally enjoy the unlocking process, and wouldn't want this option, but I can definitely see the appeal.
That could work too. As long as it's there it really makes no odds to me.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Oh, come on... What's the fun in that? =D I like unlocking the characters! It's a cool challenge of patience! >=D

I think that more customization would be cool!
I like unlocking the characters because it gives you a quick feel for the game and the characters before you actually jump in to play against your friends. It seriously takes just a few hours to unlock them all anyway.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Hmmm, what if SSB4 included a new backtilt? Wouldn't that be interesting?
Yes to a new btilt
+1 for these characters:
Ridley-if they can make it work YESSS +1
Bowser Jr. - Yes, like this choice +1
Krystal - The next SF rep obviously, even though i'd like leon better +1
BomberMan - Hudson might be pricks again and not let it happen +++1
Wolf Link - Not likely due to a new Zelda being released in 2009-2010 unless the Twilight realm returns
Sylux- Yes, especially if he is i the next metroid +1
Shadow - Not likely, we barely got sonic this time, i doubt nintendo would add more things from a 3rd party, this is nintendo i don't see them promoting other franchises that would give money to microsoft or sony.
MegaMan- Is probably the most popular 3rd party candidate, but all depends on whether nintendo can wheel a deal
Geno- (puts up flame shield) I believe Malo is more deserving to come out of MRPG, as he had a bigger role, and malo would be easier to work with
Isaac- GOD YES +3453426
Samurai Goroh- Rather see Black Shadow take Ganons moveset
Zant - No, unless hes in the new zelda
Deoxys- if mewtwo is added back in then no, otherwise would be interesting
Mewtwo- Yes, needs to be back +1
Roy - IMO not likely, a different character would be added, idealy a girl spellcaster
Petey Piranha- GOD NO
Gray Fox - see what i put for shadow
The only characters i would add to this are K.rool,(seriously DK needs it) Dixie(if kirby and starfox both got a 2 rep increase in brawl, Dk can have one in SSB4)Toady(SM2 reference, he is the only major mario character left other then Bowser Jr. Waluigi and Daisy aren't important because they are only featured in spinoff games, toad has been playable in SM2 and is in most of the major games as peaches guard. And then give toadette for peach to pull out for her B) and Dark Samus(she would represent the prime series, samus represents the franchise, ridley represents the antagonistic space pirates , sylux represents the newer games)
And +1 for new Melee-styled adventure mode with more cutscenes
+1 for no masterpieces or chronicle-Amen
-1 for midair grabs(as someone said before i would only like it if it was 1 throw, instant, and each characters trajectory differs)

And Ganon needs a new moveset. I think they should give him a sword this time, and these specails:
Standard: Final Blow - Ganon delivers a powerful blow with his sword using black magic
Side: Dark Blast - Ganon shoots energy balls from OoT and the opponent that can be charged for a short time
Up: Flame Choke - lol Flame choke as a better recovery would be nice
Down: Cape - Using his cape, Ganon reflects projectiles if timed correctly like in OoT.
Yes God of all things in brawl that irched me ganon being a clone was the worst
My comments are in bold. Also is anyone else with me on haveing Malo over Geno

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hmmm, what if SSB4 included a new backtilt? Wouldn't that be interesting?

+1 for these characters:
Ridley (Yes, Ridley is by far the most deserving character that is not yet playable in Smash Bros.)
Bowser Jr. (Either Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario should be the fifth playable Mario character)
Krystal (Hell no! Star Fox is over-represented enough as it is, and she is an all-round awful character)
BomberMan (He is a has-been. When was the last-time a Bomberman game was a critical or commerical success?)
Wolf Link (His chances are gone. He will be forgotten by the time Smash 4 is released)
Sylux (No, his claim to fame is coming from the worst Metroid game, Ridley and Dark Samus are easily better candidates than any of the hunters from MPH)
Shadow (Hell no, enough said)
MegaMan (Yes, he is easily the most deserving third-party character to get in Smash Bros.)
Geno (No, the fifth Mario character should be either Paper Mario or Bowser Jr.)
Isaac (He deserves it, however, he won't get in unless a Golden Sun 3 is made and unless he is the main protagonist of GS3)
Samurai Goroh (Yes, either Goroh or Black Shadow should be the second character for F-Zero)
Zant (No, he was joke villain even in his own game)
Deoxys (No, he will be even more forgotten, and was simply the poster Pokemon for FR/LG)
Mewtwo (Yes, he should have never have been cut)
Roy (Yes, as with Mewtwo, he should never have been cut)
Petey Piranha (No)
Gray Fox (Metal Gear does not even deserve its one current playable character, let alone a second one)

Comments are in bold.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Ridley (don't care about)
Bowser Jr. (don't care about)
Krystal (YES! WE NEED HER! I want a SF character that's not a space animal. I was also expecting her to be playable in Brawl. If SF is overrepped, then just kick out Falco which Wolf was supposed to do in Brawl.) +10,000
BomberMan (He would be neat with his bombs)
Wolf Link (Tingle is better)
Sylux (don't care about)
Shadow (only as an alternate costume for Sonic)
MegaMan (He needs to be in. Mega Man is my second most wanted character for SSB4.) +1
Geno (don't care about)
Isaac (he would be cool) +1
Samurai Goroh (a fat man with a sword sounds like fun) +1
Zant (don't care about)
Deoxys (don't care about)
Mewtwo (should return) +1
Roy (don't care about)
Petey Piranha (A mutant flower in a diaper!? Toad is a worthier Mario character since he would complete the Big Eight.) -1
Gray Fox (don't care about)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
TOTAL: 76 Characters (Is my math correct?)

That is A LOT. But really, if the next Smash Bros. Development team was given 5-6 years to do it, they could. Wouldn't you rather have a Big roster later than a little roster soon?
That is a lot of character's in your rouster. O_o

But I'll say this, the next Smash may come sooner or it may not, though you do have to remember that if Brawl had 35-39 characters, then I don't think that 76 characters will be playable.

All characters unlocked from the start. No question.
Don't you feel like when you unlock a character, you would want to say, "Oh ****, they put this character in this game." Maybe Brawl didn't have too many characters like that that you needed to unlock, but hopfully the next Smahs will.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Krystal has to be one of the worst Nintendo characters. Period. At least Tingle has some redeeming qualities.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Krystal has to be one of the worst Nintendo characters. Period. At least Tingle has some redeeming qualities.
I would put that in my sig. I really would. It would mean more from me, since I dislike Tingle the most out of any zelda character. Wait, no, THIRD most.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Opinions opinions. I think Krystal is a good character and a nice addition to the team. I'm sure there are people who agree with me (as are with you). Don't try to "set it in stone" when you know it's just your opinion vs the world.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Opinions opinions. I think Krystal is a good character and a nice addition to the team. I'm sure there are people who agree with me (as are with you). Don't try to "set it in stone" when you know it's just your opinion vs the world.
No, a lot of people feel the same way as me. All Krystal has going for her is looks. If Krystal was a fat overweight fox that was male, then no one would like Krystal, no one. Pr0n and furries drive 90% of Krystal's popularity. Don't you deny it, because it is factual and actual.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
No, I a lot of people feel the same way. All Krystal has going for her is looks. If Krystal was a fat overweight fox that was male, then no one would like Krystal, no one. Pr0n and furries drive 90% of Krystal's popularity. Don't you deny it, because it is factual and actual.
Roy sucks and a lot of people I know think so. All Roy has going for him is phire. If Roy was an ugly girl wearing a dress, no one would like her, no one. Roy's a has-been that no one really cares about his character. Don't you deny it, because it is factual and actual.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Roy sucks and a lot of people I know think so. All Roy has going for him is phire. If Roy was an ugly girl wearing a dress, no one would like her, no one. Roy's a has-been that no one really cares about his character. Don't you deny it, because it is factual and actual.
No, Roy has a great game (Sword of Seals).

Star Fox has been going downhill since the furry queen showed up.

flyingfilipino is angsty due to the factual and actualness of Krystal's popularity being tied to physical appearance.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Yeah, it was a great series, until Krystal yiffed it to hell.

Also, Sword of Seals was the third highest selling Fire Emblem in Japan.
Krystal didn't "do" anything. She's just a video game character.

Star Fox Adventures sold well over a million copies worldwide. That's more than we can say for many games in the Fire Emblem series.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Krystal didn't "do" anything. She's just a video game character.

Star Fox Adventures sold well over a million copies worldwide. That's more than we can say for many games in the Fire Emblem series.
Yes, Star Fox has sold better than Fire Emblem when accounting for worldwide sales (in Japan FE handily outsells SF). However, I think most would say that the quality of Star Fox has gone down since 64, while Fire Emblem has stayed consistent (with the only questionable game recently released being Sacred Stones). Also, Star Fox's sales have been decreasing, while Fire Emblem's sales have been increasing.

As for how Krystal ruinned it, she brought the horrible furry fanbase into the SF series which made them demand a great emphasis be placed on storyline (particularly romance) than on gameplay. Lots of Star Fox fans feel the same way.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Yes, Star Fox has sold better than Fire Emblem when accounting for worldwide sales. However, I think most would say that the quality of Star Fox has gone down since 64, while Fire Emblem has stayed consistent (with the only questionable game recently released being Sacred Stones). Also, Star Fox's sales have been decreasing, while Fire Emblem's sales have been increasing.
Barely, and that's despite big Smash Bros. advertisement and the leap to worldwide as opposed to Japan-only sales.

Why are we throwing around random facts and opinions again?

Ooh, sneaky edits. There were always Star Fox furries. For some reason, Nintendo has decided to throw Star Fox around to random developers to concentrate on other things (like many of its other franchises). This has made every game different. That's what's affecting the gameplay, not the barely-influential storyline. Lost of real Star Fox fans know this.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
You are very wrong my friend. THE SO CALLED CASUAL GAMERS HATE CINEMATIC. This is one everyone gets wrong. The hardcore are more about graphics, story, and games as "art" (none of which would focus on gameplay).
What the ****? I wasn't calling Metal Gear a casual game, like ever. But it's going to be around for a long time, same as Zelda will, a story-driven game. Where do you get that hardcore gamers place graphics and story over gameplay? Hello, we're called gamers. Not movie buffs, not artists, but GAMERS. I would rather play a Mario game (mostly gameplay, with minimal important on story) than a game that has the best graphics and story ever (Something like Phoenix Wright, though it doesn't really fit into 'best graphics ever').

Don't get me wrong, casuals can hate cinematic scene's as much as they want (though quite a few of my casual friends enjoy storyline's in games). But don't assume that even the vast majority of casual gamers hate storylines -- there are plenty of hardcore gamers out their that ritualistically skip cutscenes! What really matters is the gameplay, nice graphics and a good story are cool bonuses, though.

The hardcore are the ones who want cinematic. What "casuals" like are games that are only gameplay (like Wii Sports and Mario Kart).
What the... I love Wii Sports. And Mario Kart. Their gameplay is fun, and good for when I have friends over. I can see how casuals would prefer these to a hard JRPG with a confusing story, such as Final Fantasy, but you're still making a pretty big assumption here.

It is obvious from your post you did not read the article and obviously do not knowe what you talking about. How do you expect to have a conversation when you don't know what is going on. You got the context all wrong, so go back and read it.
I don't read the articles you post. I've read most of them up to that one and they all pretty much seem to say 'games with story will die because of the Wii lolololol', which completely ignore the fact that some of the most succesful games are incredibly story driven, such as Zelda and Paper Mario.

(PROTIP: The bolded is where you are dead wrong. The NES and Wii are both "step backwards." Go read.
The Wii wasn't a step backwards. What are you talking about? It tried to innovate gameplay, though developers aren't really making good use of it... hopefully Motion Plus and games like the Conduit will change that.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Barely, and that's despite big Smash Bros. advertisement and the leap to worldwide as opposed to Japan-only sales.

Why are we throwing around random facts and opinions again?
Barely. The latest Fire Emblem to be released worldwide (Radiant Dawn) outsold the latest Star Fox (Command).

Star Fox is going downhill in sales and quality, while Fire Emblem is going up in terms of sales and staying consistent in quality.

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?re...3=Fire+Emblem+X:+Radiant+Dawn+-+Wii&weeks=100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom