• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Tell that to the people who made Soul Cailber. *cought* Amy *cought*

Plus it's a rated T game, if people don't want to look under that skirt, then don't play the game kiddies. >.>
Nintendo would not allow it, heck the camera was made more rigid probably due to Sakurai and the development team fretting that most of the snapshots would be nothing but panty/suggestive shots (of course we know these efforts failed). Remember, one of the major assets of SoulCalibur is its sex appeal.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Nintendo would not allow it, heck the camera was made more rigid probably due to Sakurai and the development team fretting that most of the snapshots would be nothing but panty/suggestive shots (of course we know these efforts failed). Remember, one of the major assets of SoulCalibur is its sex appeal.
Didn't think about the camera much, I guess that makes since since you can't zoom in very much when you pause. And I think your right about Soul Calibur's case, one of the main atraction's, (beside's Star Wars characters), of IV was Hilde. We all know about Dead or Alive.... but yea, they could give her a new out fit for the next Smash if they wanted to, so no john's Nintendo. =P

Yoshi52

Smash Cadet
Uh, I just wanted to correct myself... I thought Hitstun was how long you are paralyzed when you're attacked before you fly, when it's really how long you can't move while being sent flying. So, to more of that I say:
Why would you want more of that? Why would you want to not recover from an attack? You can still do combos with what there is currently if you try hard enough.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Uh, I just wanted to correct myself... I thought Hitstun was how long you are paralyzed when you're attacked before you fly, when it's really how long you can't move while being sent flying. So, to more of that I say:
Why would you want more of that? Why would you want to not recover from an attack? You can still do combos with what there is currently if you try hard enough.
because, hitstun = more combos, theres only like 10 TRUE combos in brawl, and they really aren't very exciting.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
For the hitstun system for SSB4, it could be like this: Hitstun starts off as long as it was in SSB64, but each hit the victim gets while not be able to do anything will decrease the hitstun of the next attack. Once they are out of hitstun status, it resets to SSB64 hitstun again.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Beta-testing for SSB4 will be a must, as they obviously didn't test Brawl too well. I don't want infinites and Chain Grabs.

Sakurai should also aim to truly "balance" the characters (which I know is physically and logically impossible). They did an awful job with balance.

Finally, I wnat to know what gameplay changes everyone wants BESIDES hitstun, no tripping, and faster pace.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Beta-testing for SSB4 will be a must, as they obviously didn't test Brawl too well. I don't want infinites and Chain Grabs.

Sakurai should also aim to truly "balance" the characters (which I know is physically and logically impossible). They did an awful job with balance.

Finally, I wnat to know what gameplay changes everyone wants BESIDES hitstun, no tripping, and faster pace.
Maybe they should either drop everyone's weight, or raise all knockback, since it seems like in every game, it takes longer to kill people. In a game where damage is counted in percents, the average death should be at around 100% for an average character. Yet it's not.

Also, grab release stuff ticks me off. For whatever reason, I'm annoyed by guaranteed hits after a release, yet guaranteed moves after a throw don't bother me. So they should fix it. Punish the grabber for waiting to throw too long or pummeling too much.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
The problem with Lip is that she is an underage girl with an extremely short skirt that only was the main protagonist of two Japan-only games (I am counting Furil as Lip). Sakurai knew Lip was wanted, and even mentioned Panel de Pon in conjunction with Fire Emblem when he was contemplating whether to add Japan-only characters to Smash Bros. in the Melee e-mail bag. He probably saw problems with Lip's design due to the adjustable camera (free loli pr0n in a Nintendo game), which is why he added in her main weapon (the flower baton) as an item. Also, it doesn't help that NOA went out of there way to remove Lip's Theme from Planet Puzzle League (and can only be accessed via Action Replay). Lip also has to compete with other popular Japan-only retro characters like Sukapon and Takamaru.

Are you serious? This post has me extremely angry. Sakurai's ******** character logic strikes again.

Balloon Fighter? No personality.
Ridley? Too slow.
Lip? Short skirt.

What is going on???

thiefbug

Smash Rookie
Well, I guess these 100 percent are just made for smashs.
But maybe they should do again something like L-Cancel into the game.
In My Opinion Characters like Sonic or Wario aren't made for brawl.

Johnny Smash

Smash Cadet
I think Nintendo characters are pretty much covered, I think branching out to a bunch of 3rd party characters should be the focus of the new Smash Bros.

Also I think a better online component is important, but with the Wii using wi-fi I don't know if it's gonna get much better.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Some people just don't know any better. Though I wouldn't go that low with the camera.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Are you serious? This post has me extremely angry. Sakurai's ******** character logic strikes again.

Ridley? Too slow.
Lip? Short skirt.

What is going on???
Don't forget about Sakurai not wanting an AC rep, because the AC characters are too peaceful to fight. He's a hypocrite, because he made an accessory for the NES that couldn't fight into a character who can fight in Brawl.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Ridley? Too slow.
Lip? Short skirt.

What is going on???
This pisses me off too.

Ice Climbers: No personality
Jigglypuff: Too slow
Peach: Easy upskirt shots/ Zamus: self-explanatory

Sakurai needs to work on balance, big time, as well. Washshining and Wobbling in Melee were found though extensive researching over a period of a few years. In Brawl, Dedede's chaingrab was found in Japan within days of release. Anyone who says its inclusion was accidental is in denial.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Well didn't they give Marth some pants when originally in his game, he wore a skirt? If they can change Marth's clothes, then they can change Lip's clothes or any other girl who wears a skirt's clothes.

I think that Sakurai really made too many excuses for not putting many good characters in. He knew characters like Sukapon was popular, but he just said in one of his notes that he just didn't want him in. With Ridley, he should have been resized or something because Ridley he said was too big.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Ridley wouldn't work out at all. I don't know why people want him so badly either. He's like, the size of final destination and he's not even an interesting or unique character in my opinion. Why not someone like Megaman or a tales of symphonia character?

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Originally Posted by BanjoKazooiePro
Ridley wouldn't work out at all. I don't know why people want him so badly either. He's like, the size of final destination and he's not even an interesting or unique character in my opinion. Why not someone like Megaman or a tales of symphonia character?
-Bowser has been shown to be extremely huge in the Mario games (except the spin-offs) like in Super Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy (for example)...

-Kirby is 8 inches tall, yet he pretty close to Mario's height

-Olimar is about the size of a quarter. However, in Brawl he is obviously much larger than that...

-Ganondorf is MUCH taller than Link is in every single game he appears in (both in pig and Gerudo form) yet he's only slightly taller in Brawl...

-since Kirby is 8 inches tall, King Dedede would only be a few feet tall, yet he's about as big as Bowser and DK in Brawl...

-Pikachu, Jigglypuff & Squirtle are only a foot tall and Ivysaur is about 3 feet tall, which is obviously not the case in Brawl...

-in Twilight Princess, Link's Master Sword is pretty long, yet in Brawl they shortened it...

hopefully you see my point...resizing isn't anything new...and quite frankly getting Ridley in Smash is a lot easier and cheaper than getting Mega Man or someone from the Tales series...

Barge

All I want is a custom title
-Bowser has been shown to be extremely huge in the Mario games (except the spin-offs) like in Super Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy (for example)...

-Kirby is 8 inches tall, yet he pretty close to Mario's height

-Olimar is about the size of a quarter. However, in Brawl he is obviously much larger than that...

-Ganondorf is MUCH taller than Link is in every single game he appears in (both in pig and Gerudo form) yet he's only slightly taller in Brawl...

-since Kirby is 8 inches tall, King Dedede would only be a few feet tall, yet he's about as big as Bowser and DK in Brawl...

-Pikachu, Jigglypuff & Squirtle are only a foot tall and Ivysaur is about 3 feet tall, which is obviously not the case in Brawl...

-in Twilight Princess, Link's Master Sword is pretty long, yet in Brawl they shortened it...

hopefully you see my point...resizing isn't anything new...and quite frankly getting Ridley in Smash is a lot easier and cheaper than getting Mega Man or someone from the Tales series...
In the zelda games, only link can defeat ganon.
Yet in brawl, anyone can.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
It's the good ol' Ridley size arguement that's always the same. It goes like this:
Person A says that Ridley is too big. Person B says that he could be resized and most likely uses Olimar as his example of characters that have been rescaled for Smash. Person A then says that the characters in the same series have to be the same size ratio of each other like in the games. Person B then responds by saying that Ridley was close to Samus's size in the Melee intro. Then they keep using the same points over and over again.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
it's ok... one day you will learn to smashboards.
you're kinda missing his point.
No, he knows what he's talking about...he's just adding to the point that just because something is some way outside of Smash, it doesn't mean it will be that way in Smash. Besides, this is a huge freakin' crossover game, what's supposed to make sense about any of it? :)

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
OK, so after a short leave from this thread, I come back and find out one of the biggest LOL inducing things ever in video games. Lip can't be in Smash because of potential panty shots... ROFL.

That should tell someone two things. One, the camera needs to be a little more reserved or two, the art directors clearly can't get a **** thing done right. Since we all know that option two is a **** lie, then would someone like to take a crack at how a decent Lip design would work? In case you didn't know, she's one of my top 10 wanted for Smash characters just because dropping garbage blocks on people's heads sounds amazing. :laugh:

Also, random other snippets from me:

- Krystal. Can't see the extreme like or dislike for this character. Granted I don't care for having teh furriez involved, but hey at least it's interesting and it isn't another "Landmastaaaah!" (Joking, joking. :laugh:)

Then again, I think I'm beginning to agree more with the idea that Star Fox really doesn't deserve more than 3 reps. So exclude this point if necessary

- Bowser Jr. & Waluigi - Seriously, say AT or no guys. There are a few other ideas that would be amazing from the Mario series, should they get another rep. Hell, if they gave Peach more of her Super Princess Peach abilities, Toad would have been one hell of a viable choice for Brawl. (and I don't know about you but the idea of someone half the size of Mario and the funniest voice ever circa Super Mario Galaxy playing like a grappler with super running & throwing strength a la Super Mario Bros. 2 USA sounds hilariously awesome.) Also, don't let me whip out the Daisy Defense Force logic again. :laugh:

- Mike Jones (Who? - StarTropics series) - Someone earlier in the posts cut me deep when they said that he wouldn't appear due to not being relevant to Japan. Honestly, I think that's unfair, if Japan can have all of these characters just come up out of the blue and jump in with a free membership card, why can't the US/EU regions have the same treatment? What makes this worse is the idea that Mike is one of the ONLY characters we have to trump the multitude of Japan only characters that have been suggested for the Smash series. No, Little Mac doesn't count because he's prevalent in both regions, albeit to different extents. Not to mention StarTropics is ****ing awesome and needs recognition dammit. >_<

(Sidenote - Has Smashboards ever had a character polling thread to gauge who the US & EU would want in Smash a la Sakurai's popularity poll? If not & you guys can come up with some more Western neglected Nintendo characters, I think I'll do it as I think that's a great experiment.)

- Diddy + Dixie - ****ing ace idea. Donkey Kong gets 4 reps deservedly, takes up three roster spots, and each character plays true to their characteristics and games. The only thing I could add is if the next Smash had advance tag team mechanics, that way they could go beyond being just Ice Climbers and literally playing as if it were DKC2.

- WHERE. THE. ****. IS. GOLDEN. SUN. :laugh:

- And finally, Ganondorf doesn't need a sword. Honestly, I don't want any Zelda characters besides Link using a sword unless Zelda Wii says otherwise. Ganondorf needs his own warlock/wizardry style of play.

That ends this post, I hope it'll be of some use to you guys. (And someone get back to me on that character poll idea.)

And just so that this post isn't all about characters, I liked the idea someone came up with in regards to resetting the hitstun a la SSB64. Just make the characters SLIGHTLY denser (I disliked Melee's insane plop to ground gravity, especially coming from SSB64 as a Luigi user), and add that in and I think that'd be a great start.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
It's the good ol' Ridley size arguement that's always the same. It goes like this:
Person A says that Ridley is too big. Person B says that he could be resized and most likely uses Olimar as his example of characters that have been rescaled for Smash. Person A then says that the characters in the same series have to be the same size ratio of each other like in the games. Person B then responds by saying that Ridley was close to Samus's size in the Melee intro. Then they keep using the same points over and over again.
This pretty much sums it up.

I say forget it and leave to too Sakurai. I will tell you it will be a matter or popularity rather then size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom