• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Yeah, he made an amazingly fun game. Why not do it again?
(I assume you talk about "OMG Sakurai ruined Smash.")
you instantly hate me haha

i was kidding.
i don't dislike him for "ruining smash" or anything.
i actually like that brawl's it's own game instead of being just like melee.
i just don't see how so many abusable aspects of the game made it through.
(chaingrabbing, ledge camping, metaknight being godly)

haha i know it's not all his fault and i know i sound ignorant...
but it seems like chaingrabbing and ledge camping were buffed and that's ridiculous.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
Also, random other snippets from me:

- Krystal.

Let's work on having our three Star Fox characters being completely original before we add more.

So exclude this point if necessary - LOL K

- Bowser Jr. & Waluigi

Bowser Jr. is a complete yes, being a main villain/character in general that starred in Mario games that are actual relevant to the series. Waluigi, I can't say the same for. Mario Party, Kart, & random sports games are not enough for this Wario knock-off to make an appearance.

- Mike Jones (Who? - StarTropics series)

Eh. Rather see Little Mac, or Balloon Fighter for an old school rep.

- Diddy + Dixie

NOOOOOOOOOO! They nailed Diddy and he doesn't deserve to be tacked on to the disgusting....UGGHHH....Dixie! And obviously having both Solo Diddy and D&D isn't an option, so basically...no.

- WHERE. THE. ****. IS. GOLDEN. SUN. :laugh:

I love you.

- And finally, Ganondorf doesn't need a sword.

I hate you.
HE IS NOT C. FALCON!!!

And just so that this post isn't all about characters, I liked the idea someone came up with in regards to resetting the hitstun a la SSB64. Just make the characters SLIGHTLY denser (I disliked Melee's insane plop to ground gravity, especially coming from SSB64 as a Luigi user), and add that in and I think that'd
be a great start.

Agreed. Honestly, though, I think as long as it's not like Brawl where you live to 300% amost every stock, I don't care what they do.

Critisicm ftw

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Critisicm ftw
Jut a few criticisms to your criticisms:

- Don't really care either way with Krystal, however a completely original Star Fox group screams justice to me.

- Little Mac's a given in SSB4, you can quote me on this one.

- Diddy, I'll admit that he's freaking great in Brawl, but seriously Dixie's important too and interesting enough to work in Brawl. DK as a series seems to "not deserve" 4 roster spots, so how else are we gonna get K. Rool & Dixie in?

- Golden Sun Defense Force Go! :laugh:

- Note I said, he doesn't need a sword. I meant he needs something completely original. Captain Ganon has got to go one way or another. :laugh:

Besides, Smash needs more spell casters.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I definitely agree on Ganon. He should be decloned, but his sword isn't a big part of his style historically. He's a warlock, and his moves should reflect that. He really should have an energy ball projectile. I don't really like making Diddy part of a pair with Dixie. If that's how he came into Brawl, I'd like it a lot, but now that he's his own fighter, he doesn't deserve to have that taken away.

As for Lip, if she's kept out because of pervs with the camera, then Ill lose even more faith in humanity. That would be the worst reason to keep someone out. Change her costume to make it more decent! Whether she deserves to be in is not something I am fit to discuss, having never played anything with her, or even heard of her outside of here and Smash-related stuff. But that's not a good reason against.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So, here is a question to all the people in this thread, which of the following would you have for the following:

Mario newcomer:
Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario or Geno

Japan-only:
Lip or Takamaru or Sukapon

Third-party:
Simon Belmont or Ryu or Bomberman

Alzi

Smash Master
So, here is a question to all the people in this thread, which of the following would you have for the following:

Mario newcomer:

Japan-only:

Third-party:

Out of you're list i prefer those. Bomberman would be fun to play and would have some good mind games with the bombs.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

Mario newcomer:

Japan-only:

Third-party:
Mario would be Paper Mario, though Bowser Jr. is more likely.

Japan would be Lip.

Third-party... why no Megaman option? Though if I'm limited to those three, I would choose Ryu, despite Belmont being the most likely.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob

Mario newcomer:

Japan-only:

Third-party:
The list is a bit limited, but these are who I'd like to see, sticking with the fact that I think Paper Mario should be a different franchise, like Wario and Yoshi are.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Please, no street fighter or other fighting game characters. This is smash bros.

Also, Bomberman would fit right in. Absolutely. Hell, I'd like it just to have a Bomberman Hero song in the game. Best soundtrack ever

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Bowser Jr., Lip, and Ryu for me. I don't see why people are so against characters from other fighting games.

Anyway, to "remedy" this skirt problem, why not do what they did for Dot for Animaniacs. Make a part of the skirt like an extra pair of underwear, but with a skirt around it.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Does Killer Instinct has any chance???
I'll love Cinder in SSB4 :)
I think Killer Instinct is still owned by Rare, so I think there's next to no chance, at all. Also, psh, Glacius.

@Kuma: It's probably because none of the other characters in Smash have come from fighting games, so it might be a bit awkward (not the character itself, but their moves). Personally, I think it'd be cool.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
You just had to go make it one person out of such a limited set, didn't you Chrono? :p

Paper Mario (although he'd be a more awesome AT imo)
Takamaru (Swordsman yeah, but Smash has never had a Samurai or Asian influenced swordsman yet.)
Simon mother****ing Belmont.

Also, can anyone help me out with information on this:

Sidenote - Has Smashboards ever had a character polling thread to gauge who the US & EU would want in Smash a la Sakurai's popularity poll? If not & you guys can come up with some more Western neglected Nintendo characters (we all know which JP characters are going to be on the list already after all), I think I'll do it as I think that's a great experiment. Someone get back to me on this idea.
I'd really like to set this up sometime.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
While we may not have gotten an Asian influenced swordsman yet, we do have a ninja.

§leepy God

Smash Master

Mario newcomer:

Though Bowser Jr is one of my favroite Mario character, Paper Mario has more moves to offer than Bowser Jr.

Japan-only:

If I don't vote her, Viper will kill me.... just kidding. Intelligent Systems know how to make they're games because I prefer Paper Mario and Lip now.

Third-party:

Not much to say here.

Posted in the post.

Also, how about they make a new Special button and keep the Special's. You know, instead of having X for jumping, how about they make that another Special. That would be awesome. (>w<)d

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Paper Mario for Mario series, can't decide for Japan-only character, and Bomberman for 3rd party.

They could give Lip some shorts underneath her skirt. They gave Amy a different outfit that has shorts under her skirt in Mario and Sonic at the Olympics and I like that costume way better than her normal ridiculously short mini-skirt/underwear exposed outfit. Honestly, what good reason would a 12-year old girl wear such revealing clothes? You are even forced to see her underwear while she is falling down in one of the multiplayer stages in SA2.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Posted in the post.

Also, how about they make a new Special button and keep the Special's. You know, instead of having X for jumping, how about they make that another Special. That would be awesome. (>w<)d
How about B button smashes and tilts? ;)

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
For SSB4, they need a new controller. It would be like the GCN controller, but there would be four controller sticks. There would be one stick on the left that works just like the cs on most controllers. On the right, there would be two c-sticks and a stick that's the same design as the left stick. One of the c-sticks would be for tilts, while the other one is for smash attacks. The one that's like the one on the left would be for B-sticking.

The face buttons would be the same, except that the X and Y buttons are both split into 2 different buttons to have a total of 6 face buttons. The Z trigger would also be split in 2. There would also be 2 triggers added infront of the L button.

That's the controller we need for SSB4.

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
I think B tilts and smashes would be a little too much. Some current characters just wouldn't have enough moves. It's possible to get away with generic moves for A attacks but not B ones. One extra special might be manageable but not 4.

I'd like to see some de-cloning in SSB4. Despite Fox/Wolf/Falco, Link/T-Link and CF/Ganondorf having differences, most of their moves are pretty similar. If Krystal got in, I don't want her to have a Landmaster.

As suggested earlier, beta-testing is a must. I'd be funny to see MK as the new CF though.

Transformations would be better assigned to a taunt so all 4 (or 5 with this X based plan) are available.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'd really like to set this up sometime.
I guess this is something similar on SWF: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213814

For SSB4, they need a new controller. It would be like the GCN controller, but there would be four controller sticks. There would be one stick on the left that works just like the cs on most controllers. On the right, there would be two c-sticks and a stick that's the same design as the left stick. One of the c-sticks would be for tilts, while the other one is for smash attacks. The one that's like the one on the left would be for B-sticking.

The face buttons would be the same, except that the X and Y buttons are both split into 2 different buttons to have a total of 6 face buttons. The Z trigger would also be split in 2. There would also be 2 triggers added infront of the L button.

That's the controller we need for SSB4.
A controller with 4 sticks and made only for Smash Bros.? Preposterous!

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why Nintendo can't release an update to fix some of the exploitable bugs and unforeseen overpowered annoyances in the game. For a company that makes games you can enjoy the most with your friends, they sure don't have very good online modes.

Man, the more I think about it, the more it pisses me off that Bomberman is not in this game. There is no character other than King K. Rool more perfect for a spot in Smash bros. Naturally he would have physical traits similar to Mario, nothing too quick or agile but definitely above average mobility, and his bombs would be bombtastic..and he would be my main..I can see it now. "Bombs Away, a Bomberman Bombo Video"

trev94

Smash Journeyman
I think that ever series should get 5 reps for there game that way everthing should be fair (If there is not 6 ppl in the game they get as muuch as they can Ex: IC pit, G&W)

Mario,Luigi,peach,bowser,bowser Jr.

Link,Zeilda,Ganondorf,TL,Toon zeilda(i think she will be in the game because she was part of the forbitin 7

Dk, Ditiy kong, King K Rool, Dixiy

Wario, (i would say waliuig but i dont know if he was ever in a wario game)

Kirby,King Dedede,Meta Knight,Nightmare

Samus Aran,Ridley,Dark Samus,Sylux,Trace

Marth,Roy,Ike,Lyn,Dark knigh

Isaac,Garet

Ness,lucas,Ninten,porky

Pikachu,jigzz,PT,Mewto,Lucauo

Fox,Flaco,Wolf,Kristal,Leon Powalski

Tom nook, K.K slider,Crazy Redd,Booker&Rover

CF,Black shadow

justaway12

Smash Master
for wario i guess you could only have ashley,mona,mike,kat/ana and dr crygor but i doubt some of them would be there and i think waluigi should be classified as a mario character but what about goroh for capt. falcon he has a chance.

I think micahah would have a better chance over dark knight no matter how much i hate her :mad:, I'd rather have roy back he was our boy.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
New Smash 4 Roster
When I posted my new roster, I did put Leon Powalski in there. I did have an idea for his Final Smash.

For those who haven't played the Star Fox series, here's Leon's mug shot.

Leon calls his Wolfen and flies off, then some crossbars will appear on the screen. By pressing the attack button, Leon will fire a strong laser to damage opponents. The area where the laser is fired is depended on where the crossbars are located on the screen. Rapid fire is very poor though.

After about 10 seconds, Leon's Wolfen will fly right through the battlefield, and anyone hit by the Wolfen will be sent flying big time. The Wolfen's impact is as powerful as the Dragoon, but the player has no control over when the Wolfen will fly through the battlefield. Also, the Wolfen would fly at the spot where the crossbars are located.

Once the Wolfen has flown through the Battlefield, Leon gets off and the Final Smash ends.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Don't you dare talk bad about Lucas. The only way in that he's a clone is in their special moves and final smash which, quite frankly, need to be changed anyway.
Yo. You can't make me listen to you. Yoru not my mom. So don't even try. So ha and now you go listen. WE all have our own opinions got that!

justaway12

Smash Master
except mugen sucks and smash doesn't so u can't really compare that.
i suppose you have a point i still wouldn't like it for example you won't learn anything on the character boards and besides if they have nintendo has the time to continuasly download characters over and over it might be like mugen but i suppose if you have a character once in a while that would be good and they could possibly realase the game earlier and update every once in a while but I'm still not sure about the idea

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Bah forget it.

So who agrees with Downloadable Content.
I think everyone would be okay with it. I can see everything, but maybe characters working well. I think this would work best for alternate characters. They can include Ninten, Daisy, and Louie as alt. characters for Ness, Peach, and Olimar, and include the other characters later.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
well for music maybe but not characters if i just wanted to download charaacters i'd download the game mugen
Well I want characters. If King K. Rool doesn't make it as a playable character for SSB4. Then they should make him a DLC.

Ridley could also be a good addiction as well along with Paper Mario, and many more.

justaway12

Smash Master
Well I want characters. If King K. Rool doesn't make it as a playable character for SSB4. Then they should make him a DLC.

Ridley could also be a good addiction as well along with Paper Mario, and many more.
It's just that i don't know how to feel about downloadable characters if it is released i think it could be good or bad i'm not sure

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
It's just that i don't know how to feel about downloadable characters if it is released i think it could be good or bad i'm not sure
Well I think it would be.

I can see Ridley as a DLC. Also Paper Mario.

If K. Rool doesn't make it. Then he should be DLC.

Maybe we'll even see Mewtwo as DLC and even Megaman. Never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom