• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
We all know that Mario is God of all video games, those who don't agree, will be destoryed.
Quoted for hilarious truth. Watch the next Smash Bros be nothing but Super Mario Bros. characters just because someone said there are too many Mario reps. :laugh:

Personally though, there's too much untapped potential in just the main 4 already. Mario with the Galaxy Spin for a down B, Luigi with Poltergeist (could make for awesome mindgames, suck in a character, then UP+B of Justice!), Super Princess Peach moves for Peach, and Bowser...

Well you all get the idea. XD

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Pokémon, Mario, and LoZ are Nintendo's biggest, most important series. They are the Big 3 f Nintendo.

Star Fox is not.

Saleswise, Mario, Pokémon, LoZ, Donkey Kong, and Kirby are Nintendo's best series. StarFox doesn't make the top 5, and even then Metroid would be higher than SF.

BTW, Pokémon has 6 reps, 4 character screen slots.
Actually, I beleive Star Fox is number 6. However, you left out Animal Crossing, Brain Age and the Wii titles. I beielve those all beat out the lower end (I know Brain Age is up there).

Sales don't matter. Popularity does. Starfox is lucky as it has the fans on it's backside. It's not crazy to see 4 Starfox characters for just this reason.

justaway12

Smash Master
Quoted for hilarious truth. Watch the next Smash Bros be nothing but Super Mario Bros. characters just because someone said there are too many Mario reps. :laugh:

Personally though, there's too much untapped potential in just the main 4 already. Mario with the Galaxy Spin for a down B, Luigi with Poltergeist (could make for awesome mindgames, suck in a character, then UP+B of Justice!), Super Princess Peach moves for Peach, and Bowser...

Well you all get the idea. XD
it's true mario is a GOD.

wouldn't his down b be the same or will it be like luigis

i always wanted luigi to have that vaccum he could be like kirby or king dedede

what move can they give her from super princess peach MAYBE if they change her final smash it could be the anger vibe with her happy vibe she spins around in the air(sound familiar *cough*mario & luigi*cough*) and kicks downward which is her Dair i think when shes sad she crys and plants grow when she glad she heals herself maybe she can use her umberella attacks from there but i'm not sure

i like the idea but about peach but i'm not sure what it would be altough i like the mario and luigi ideas

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon has 4 reps
Mario has 4 reps
LoZ has 4 reps

why would 4 starfox reps be bad?
Because even three is too much. Do you know how pissed most people were that freaking Wolf was the final unlockable character (in the order we found out at least)??? It's great that they're all different, but they're still clones in many ways...

gantrain05

Smash Master
Because even three is too much. Do you know how pissed most people were that freaking Wolf was the final unlockable character (in the order we found out at least)??? It's great that they're all different, but they're still clones in many ways...
THEY AREN'T CLONES, stop saying that, my god, they were clones in melee, but they have changed so much of their movesets they are not considered clones anymore, and who freakin cares if star fox has 3 reps? its a good franchise and it deserves reps alot more than some of the other series, and i don't see anything wrong with wolf anyway, he's not even close to a clone of fox or falco, he's got a projectile, so does, pit, he's got a deflector, so does pit, you can't just look at specials and say, oh well, they must be clones, they both have the lasers.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Fox, Falco, and Wolf are now uncloney.

Star Fox doesn't need any more reps.
/discussion

Next topic please.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
My favorite dream character for brawl is shadow mario from super mario sunshine, because a character with a paint brush would be win.

Obviously he has no chance of making it though, so I'd say Tom Nook. Animal crossing is actually one of their bigger games, and he'd be a great WTF character, much better then miis.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
People already explained the Ice Climbers' reason to stay, but it doesn't make sense to cut Lucas. He's effectively the Mother series' main character. Saying he should be cut is like saying Marth should be cut.
Marth should be cut. Seriously. Who the hell is Marth? Some transvestite with a tiara and a sword I've never heard of..Does he really belong with the likes of Mario, Link, Donkey Kong and Solid Snake?

espio87

Smash Ace
Marth should be cut. Seriously. Who the hell is Marth? Some transvestite with a tiara and a sword I've never heard of..Does he really belong with the likes of Mario, Link, Donkey Kong and Solid Snake?
The world is not just USA. Fire Emblem and Mother are series that are as popular in Japan as the Metroid series in USA.

Note:Don't start arguing if Metroid should get another rep, this comment is NOT MEANT to start that discussion!

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Mario should be a move of Bowser Jr whereby he copies the opponent (in that case mario).
...Shadow G&W'd look exactly the same

My Dream Character for would probably be Banjo-Kazooie, but that looks highly unlikely... I was surprised that Ridley didnt make it as a playable character.
I'd also like to see another F-zero character (not Blood Falcon).
Speaking of which, Blood Falcon is the only clone :p
I was hoping for Krystal over Wolf at first, but Wolf surprised me and is actually one of my favouites.

Marth deserves to be there (big name in Japanese gaming). IMO Roy should have played like Marth does in brawl (fast and light) rather than the clunky character he was in Melee, because its more like the Roy from FE. Marth should have a Roy costume or two.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Your best inclusion was Captain Rainbow. 10 points right there, and a new car!

Wow...this is actually a more realistic roster...the only demerit would be Female PKMN Trainer...do we need another Pokémon Trainer? Plus her Pokmon you chose were just very random. And we'd have too many Pokémon.

I love how when you hover over their slot, you get to see thier full portrait. Very cool!

justaway12

Smash Master
http://drag0nscythe.deviantart.com/art/Super-Smash-Bros-Fisticuffs-95625895

did I post this before? Can't remember.
Anyway, these are the characters I want to see in SSB4.

(PS. Does anyone know how to make these things smaller. The newest version, that has not been posted yet, is about 6 MB. to big. Any way to make these things smaller.)
i love how you can click on the charaters and see their moves that you can see that characters under the picture, *gasp*jigglypuffs been demoted and i think pokemon trainerette will be an alt.costume if she is added.

My favorite dream character for brawl is shadow mario from super mario sunshine, because a character with a paint brush would be win.

Obviously he has no chance of making it though, so I'd say Tom Nook. Animal crossing is actually one of their bigger games, and he'd be a great WTF character, much better then miis.
.....so basically you want bowser jr. in brawl i think he does have a shot (he was shadow mario)

i think tom nook might have a chance...possibly and the mii's might be like soul calibars customisable characters but i still doubt they will be playable

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I see...he's decloned or completely altered some of them. Wolf isn't the same anymore (:(:mad:) and Mewtwo is totally different.

Funny, my next MYM is going to be Mewtwo, and to prevent it from just being a better Melee Mewtwo, mine is going to have a completely different moveset.

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
A team Star Fox would be pretty cool, with Fox/Falco/Slippy (just kidding) or whoever. The same could be done with Star Wolf. With Zelda/Shiek like transformations they take up two slots and everybody's happy.

I really don't think Mother will get any more characters. I think either of the current ones may be dropped, each have appeared in one game each which weren't terribly successful.

justaway12

Smash Master
A team Star Fox would be pretty cool, with Fox/Falco/Slippy (just kidding) or whoever. The same could be done with Star Wolf. With Zelda/Shiek like transformations they take up two slots and everybody's happy.
Why would they take up two spot when they can are already one character i mean it's not like pokemon trainer they don't have fatigue ao they're attacks aren't weaker....umm you are talking zelda and sheik having their own spot right?

I see...he's decloned or completely altered some of them. Wolf isn't the same anymore () and Mewtwo is totally different.

Funny, my next MYM is going to be Mewtwo, and to prevent it from just being a better Melee Mewtwo, mine is going to have a completely different moveset.
I'm so jealous i always wanted to do one but it takes too long but i don't have patience.

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
Why would they take up two spot when they can are already one character i mean it's not like pokemon trainer they don't have fatigue ao they're attacks aren't weaker....umm you are talking zelda and sheik having their own spot right?
I was talking about team Star Fox being assigned one character spot and Team Star Wolf being assigned a separate one. The characters are fairly similar and they are teams so it would be outrageous to do so.

Swapping out could be covered by the current member of the team radioing for backup.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
It seems Sakurai prioritized putting in the most important characters from each series in. Obviously not in cases where series only got one rep.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Your best inclusion was Captain Rainbow. 10 points right there, and a new car!

Wow...this is actually a more realistic roster...the only demerit would be Female PKMN Trainer...do we need another Pokémon Trainer? Plus her Pokmon you chose were just very random. And we'd have too many Pokémon.

I love how when you hover over their slot, you get to see thier full portrait. Very cool!
cool. I liked Captain Rainbow's design and the quirkiness of the game. (Which I really want to come to the US.)

As for the pokemon. It was kind of random. I sat down and thought, how will I get all character back into smash somehow (even pichu.) A female trainer came to mind, but everyone usually mentions about there being to many pokemon. So I just pulled Jiggs into the FPT set because I heard her popularity was dropping to 0 and I chose a fan favorite that everyone wanted in Brawl.

So there was some thought behind it.

i love how you can click on the charaters and see their moves that you can see that characters under the picture, *gasp*jigglypuffs been demoted and i think pokemon trainerette will be an alt.costume if she is added.
I know. As stated above, it was a way to maximize the amount of characters I could have without having to add many to the select screen.

he hasn't completed all of it though
I know. Been busy with comps. I passed though, so the stress is going away. All I have to do is my capstone project (which I have not started on yet) and then I will be completely free from my work load.

I do have time now though, and will get to work on it again.

I see...he's decloned or completely altered some of them. Wolf isn't the same anymore (:(:mad:) and Mewtwo is totally different.

Guilty. I know. The wolf moveset was from pre-brawl. I liked it so much that I couldn't part with it. I think it suits him honestly. As for Mewtwo, he is not that different, is he?

---
Thanks for showing interest. As I said before, the newer version which I have not posted yet is getting really large. 6 MB so far, and it will eventually go up to 10. (which is a long time to wait for the thing to load.)

I am trying to find a way to shrink down the size without losing quality of the images, but I am having no luck.

I might just post it anyway. If anyone wants to submit movesets, profile information, etc. I would gladly incorporate it and give full credit to the creator.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Mario should be a move of Bowser Jr whereby he copies the opponent (in that case mario).
...Shadow G&W'd look exactly the same

FS Maybe? Down B? Good idea either way

My Dream Character for would probably be Banjo-Kazooie, but that looks highly unlikely...

I'm with you there, man. :urg: **** Microsoft buying out Rare... (Nuts and Bolts is a great game though)

I was surprised that Ridley didnt make it as a playable character.

Join the club.

I'd also like to see another F-zero character (not Blood Falcon).

Goroh Goroh Goroh

Wolf surprised me and is actually one of my favouites.

Me too, I hated the idea of him at first but I love him now. I always hated Krystal though.

Marth deserves to be there (big name in Japanese gaming). IMO Roy should have played like Marth does in brawl (fast and light) rather than the clunky character he was in Melee, because its more like the Roy from FE. Marth should have a Roy costume or two.

Agreed, although Roy really shouldn't have played like ANYTHING in Melee considering that he didn't deserve to be in it. But I get what you're saying.
lolwuuttttzzzz

mc4

Smash Journeyman
I'm really hoping to see masterchief even tho the possibility is probably below 1 percent. This would also possibly force snake out of the game if he wouldn't already have been taken out of the game seeing as how they would be pretty similar characters. I was thinking for his specials movie set, down b combination should be a weapons cycle (like pokemon trainer and his pokemon for instance) and he could use different weapons that were very well known in the game. Such as plasma grenades, rocket launcher, plasma pistol, sniper rifle you can' forget about the plasma sword ofcourse etc. Each of the weapons would have 2 moves possibilities, neutral b, and left and right, . His up b could be a recovery with a banshee similar to warios bike, and only lasts a very limited time (or he could use one of the new weapons upgrades in halo 3 such as the jump booster which name i can't currently remember) Perhaps if smash balls remain in the game he could hop in a ghost and shoot people down or something (i could care less about a smash ball tho) his melee moves could be to hit you with what ever weapon he has. He would be a heavy weight character, strong, and slow like snake. His f tilts would be a pistol whip with whatever weapon he has, up tilt maybe a double handed uppercut with the weapon, d tilt could be a sweep with the weapon that trips opponents. as far as grabs, smash moves, and the specifics for the specials for each weapon i haven't thought of yet. For most weapons the weapons specials would be pretty obvious.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
13 new characters
46 character slots
50 movesets
2 veterans removed

Toon Link cut
Lucario cut

Mewtwo returns
Isaac debuts
Ray 01 debuts
Megaman debuts
Bowser Jr. debuts
Ridley debuts
(Insert FE character - Lyn?) debuts
Samurai Goroh debuts
Little Mac debuts
AC Villager debuts
Balloon Fighter debuts
King K. Rool
(Insert one surprise/random character choice) debuts

NO RETURNING CUT CHARACTERS OTHER THAN MEWTWO
NO NEW STARFOX REPS
NO NEW 3RD PARTIES BESIDES MEGAMAN

Ganondorf changed to a swordfighter
Mewtwo given slightly changed Lucario moveset
All 3 Starfox reps are completely different (except for minor simlarities)

mc4

Smash Journeyman
why would you want to force snake out of the game for master chief? you astound me.
i wouldn't want to force snake out of the game for masterchief, but i see it as very high possibility if masterchief were to actually be a char in the next smas bros

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
They should choose between Wolf of Falco for SSB4. One clone (either total clone or luigified) of a character is always better than 2 semi-clones of the same character. While I do like Young Link (better than Adult Link), replacing him with Toon Link instead of having three Links in Brawl was for the better.

If only Sakurai didn't program Falco into Brawl before looking for another Star Fox character who could easily get away as being a luigified version of Fox, then Star Fox wouldn't have a clone tumor.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
They should choose between Wolf of Falco for SSB4. One clone (either total clone or luigified) of a character is always better than 2 semi-clones of the same character. While I do like Young Link (better than Adult Link), replacing him with Toon Link instead of having three Links in Brawl was for the better.

If only Sakurai didn't program Falco into Brawl before looking for another Star Fox character who could easily get away as being a luigified version of Fox, then Star Fox wouldn't have a clone tumor.
I like Toon Link. I do, but it bothers me that TLink is just so much better than Adult Link. I vote for fixing Link so that, while he may still be worse than Young/Toon Link, the gap isn't as big.

Wow...I thought you would say drop Wolf instead of saying either Wolf or Falco.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think the focus for new characters should be 1 rep per series for...

1. Metroid
2. F-Zero
3. Donkey Kong
4. Fire Emblem

AC and Golden Sun would be awesome new representations, and I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up...

SSB64, they had one rep between 8 series. They had two reps in two of them.

Melee, they added 3 universes. (Ice Climber, Fire Emblem, Game & Watch)

Brawl, they added 5 universes with character representation(Kid Icarus, Pikmin, Metal Gear, Sonic, Gyromite), plus 3 with stage representation(Electroplankton, Animal Crossing, Nintendo DS).

So I suppose we could expect Golden Sun, a new Retro series, Animal Crossing and maybe one 3rd party at possible MAXIMUM.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I for one think that Falco AND Wolf should stay. Besides, if Leon gets added to the roster, he would need to have a rival, which is Falco himself.

majora_787

Smash Hero
thank you. and leon is differnt from all of them. he could get his own moves
Leon isn't even BUILT like any of them. It's why Ridley and Bowser could never be clones.

I'm making a checklist of fan favorites for SSB4, I want to see who makes it compared to who's wanted. ^^

Edit for Starfox: But I think three is plenty, and only ONE more should be added if any are added at all. Five is overkill.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Leon isn't even BUILT like any of them. It's why Ridley and Bowser could never be clones.

I'm making a checklist of fan favorites for SSB4, I want to see who makes it compared to who's wanted. ^^

But I think three is plenty, and only ONE more should be added. Five is overkill.
Three is already overkill.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Three is already overkill.
How is three overkill? Most people I talk to about this kind of thing believe that if two characters are available and possible...not to mention POPULAR...two should be available.

Now, I believe that three is the end of it, OR...we will get one more. But I think four should be the series cap, excluding transformations, and four should not be thrown out like free money. I may not see three as too many, but I can see why you would say no more should be there. XD

Hopefully though, Starfox is not worried about. F-Zero and Metroid need THE MOST ATTENTION as far as characters are concerned.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Why should F-Zero get more attention than Golden Sun? Sure, Falcon has been a character in all the Smash games, but Isaac was pretty well known before he became an AT in Brawl. If it wasn't for his inclusion in Smash, then CF wouldn't be very well known.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom