• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Why should F-Zero get more attention than Golden Sun? Sure, Falcon has been a character in all the Smash games, but Isaac was pretty well known before he became an AT in Brawl. If it wasn't for his inclusion in Smash, then CF wouldn't be very well known.
Because F-Zero has only had one character since the original. Also, it is unknown whether Camelot will even make a Golden Sun 3, and if they decide not, then by the time development starts for Smash 4 (let's assume its about four years after Brawl's release), then Golden Sun will be a retro series.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Because F-Zero has only had one character since the original. Also, it is unknown whether Camelot will even make a Golden Sun 3, and if they decide not, then by the time development starts for Smash 4 (let's assume its about four years after Brawl's release), then Golden Sun will be a retro series.
YESSSSS.....

My list is coming up on 52 characters and 12 new series. It will be interesting to see what makes it. I always love this part. Hopefully this will get easier when they say "we're making SSB4" in the next 1-2 years, then they will open the Character Clubs again. :laugh: Always some good laughs there.

I'll probably post it here when it hits 75, or possibly just by tomorrow.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Needs Isaac from Golden Sun
Krystal from Starfox
Fricken bring back Roy and Mewtwo
Make Waluigi a playable character

Oh and make ALL the stages ever created playable.

That's all I want, haha.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Needs Isaac from Golden Sun
Krystal from Starfox
Fricken bring back Roy and Mewtwo
Make Waluigi a playable character

Oh and make ALL the stages ever created playable.

That's all I want, haha.
You had better count Metal Cave or I will eternally hate you. Most people say Metal Cave from 64 "Is not a stage and should not be recreated." It was so cool!! D:

Anyway. Speaking of which, why don't we talk about STAGES? I haven't seen that discussion here in a while. A long one.

I want to see Laviathan Seed for Metroid, that would be amusing as hell. :bee:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
F-Zero and Metroid need THE MOST ATTENTION as far as characters are concerned.
Ridley and Goroh are a good start for additional representatives.

The "Ridley is too big" quote does NOT buy it for me since Nintendo has resized Bowser to be about as tall as Donkey Kong. If Nintendo can do that with Bowser, Ridley shouldn't be any different.

Samurai Goroh may have been an Assist Trophy in Brawl, but seeing as he IS Captain Falcon's biggest rival, it would only be natural if he gets a playable spot as well.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ridley and Goroh are a good start for additional representatives.

The "Ridley is too big" quote does NOT buy it for me since Nintendo has resized Bowser to be about as tall as Donkey Kong. If Nintendo can do that with Bowser, Ridley shouldn't be any different.

Samurai Goroh may have been an Assist Trophy in Brawl, but seeing as he IS Captain Falcon's biggest rival, it would only be natural if he gets a playable spot as well.
I think Goroh is already seen as the number one option for the second F-Zero spot, I mean he's an assist trophy.

That's how I see it, anyway.

Also: Don't you just love it when people look at all of the successful resizes until Ridley gets involved, and then when he gets involved they will ignore them and consider them all irrelevant? XD

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I think Goroh is already seen as the number one option for the second F-Zero spot, I mean he's an assist trophy.

That's how I see it, anyway.

Also: Don't you just love it when people look at all of the successful resizes until Ridley gets involved, and then when he gets involved they will ignore them and consider them all irrelevant? XD
Most people look at the Brawl Assist Trophies as "characters that are destined for the next installment", and others look at the Assist Trophies in Brawl as "characters who aren't really worth being in as playable, but are at least worth some noticeable appearance in the game."

Examples of the former? Stafy, Herlin (whatever its name is), Barbara the Bat. Examples of the latter? Isaac... ... ... ... and... ...umm... ... ...Isaac?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Most people look at the Brawl Assist Trophies as "characters that are destined for the next installment", and others look at the Assist Trophies in Brawl as "characters who aren't really worth being in as playable, but are at least worth some noticeable appearance in the game."

Examples of the former? Stafy, Herlin (whatever its name is), Barbara the Bat. Examples of the latter? Isaac... ... ... ... and... ...umm... ... ...Isaac?
Isaac most likely. But Waluigi, Shadow and Goroh all make it to the MAYBE list. Especially Goroh.

fissionprime

Smash Apprentice

you mixed former and latter up right? Because i can't envision heririn and stafy being playable characters ever.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
To the guy who said DK should get 4 reps: lol

Smash isn't supposed to be THAT comical.

I will now try to decide the criteria for accepting characters:

They have to be capable of changing the world they live in (no koopa troopas)
They have to get a lot of screen time either across multiple games or being the main character of one (no Bowser Jr.)
They have to be from a popular game (Capt. Falcon is ok) OR unique in a way that affects their fighting (Olimar and Ice Climbers are ok)

Krystal has ability, gets screen time as a medium-importance character across something like 3 games, is from popular games AND is unique (staff). Any criteria I missed?

majora_787

Smash Hero

They have to get a lot of screen time either across multiple games or being the main character of one (no Bowser Jr.)
They have to be from a popular game (Capt. Falcon is ok) OR unique in a way that affects their fighting (Olimar and Ice Climbers are ok)

Krystal has ability, gets screen time as a medium-importance character across something like 3 games, is from popular games AND is unique (staff). Any criteria I missed?
Three games, yes. However, Leon meets the same criteria. About three games, maybe more...unique build causing uniqueness...popular games...DEFFINATLY got screen time...

=P Not to bring up the argument, but I'm just gonna say they're REALLY neck in neck.

EDIT: I honestly think all DK needs is K. Rool and it's good to go. Every big series should AT THE MINIMUM have a hero and anti hero.

Mario? Yup. LoZ? Yup. Kirby? Yup. Pokemon? Technically... Starfox, yep. Metroid, DK, F-Zero and Fire Emblem all miss that point, and can easily have the problem solved. Just add...Ridley, K. Rool, Black Knight and Goroh or Black Shadow.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Sounds like it comes down to attractiveness.

I win.

No, seriously, I'm not saying anything against Leon, because I haven't played the last couple games. I don't know how significant he is.
Well...Leon was in Starfox 64 where Krystal was in Starfox Adventures. ONLY difference in games. Leon is the ace pilot of Star Wolf and Falco's rival.

I honestly think that the only thing that would make Leon more likely (instead of AS likely) is that he would make the balance between good and evil equal.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Balance? Who says we want that? What series have balance so far? Kirby?
Kirby has a hero, a villain and an antihero. That is deffinatly balance. It's +, -, and neutral. Looking at it this way though, makes Bowser Jr. seem more likely than ever.

ALSO: 1,000 posts. I rock. :laugh:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Not a goal we strive for, but hey, it's one of those tiny things we could ask for. It's obvious INDIVIDUAL balance is lacking more and more each game, what's so hard about SERIES balance?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
you mixed former and latter up right? Because i can't envision heririn and stafy being playable characters ever.

EDIT: ...I see...I did have the order mixed up...shows what I know.

As much as I hate on Krystal, I would rather have her over Leon.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
We seriously need a StarFox Wii by now...and a Donkey Kong Wii, that Kirby Wii...

See, this is what's pissing me off with Nintendo. For every 7 crap-*** Wii "game", we only get one real Nintendo title.

We'll have gotten through "Wii Notepad", "Wii Cookbook", "Wii Banking", "Wii Barber", "Wii Solitaire", "Wii Pinball", and "Wii Gardening" before we get...I dunno...a Kid Icarus Wii?!! A new Donkey Kong?

Yeah, I know about Punch-Out! and Sin & Punishment 2...that's two titles...that's not enough to complement the shovelware titles.

Any game with Wii before the game's title < any game with Wii after the game's title.

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
There's a difference between resizing and rescaling, though. Ridley's not too big - no one is - but go look at Brawl and imagine what he'd look like at a smaller size.

I'm not saying it's impossible for him to get in (although I doubt it) but that's a poor strawman.

Samurai Goroh may have been an Assist Trophy in Brawl, but seeing as he IS Captain Falcon's biggest rival, it would only be natural if he gets a playable spot as well.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Arguably, Black Shadow is Falcon's biggest rival.

Marth should be cut. Seriously. Who the hell is Marth? Some transvestite with a tiara and a sword I've never heard of..Does he really belong with the likes of Mario, Link, Donkey Kong and Solid Snake?
I know this isn't a serious post, but he does deserve his spot more than Snake or Sonic.

Metroid is obviously very under-represented. Ridley, Dark Samus and Sylux please. Then we can talk about more than that for SSB5.
So a redundant-looking character (no matter how unique Dark Samus could be, it's still just a dark-colored Samus with the same name) and a character who may never appear again? Metroid should have more characters, but there's nothing to choose from. The only candidate is Ridley and even he's kind of iffy.

AC Villager debuts
Balloon Fighter debuts
Haven't both of those been disconfirmed (through the Melee site and Iwata Asks)?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The AC characters have been "deconfirmed" because of Sakurai's stupid belief that they can't be in since he can't picture them fighting.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Hopefully Sakurai doesn't make the next Smash. Not because of the villagers, they would be great but mainly because screwed up pretty bad with Brawl.

Seriously, **** you. Herincopterthing WILL be playable in the next smash.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
The AC characters have been "deconfirmed" because of Sakurai's stupid belief that they can't be in since he can't picture them fighting.
Isn't it more because Animal Crossing is about just living a peaceful life? I kind of agree with that....

R.O.B. fights because he's just a robot

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
Why is it stupid? They really aren't fighting characters at all. Even Game & Watch and ROB have some history of "conflict", but not Animal Crossing characters.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I will never understand Sakurai's insistence that a character from Animal Crossing won't fight and therefor fit in Brawl. Mostly for the facts that several of the characters in Brawl don't make any sense fighting (R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch, for example) and the fact that in Wild World Tom Nook admits to having been in a fight club. And he never lost a match to boot.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I will never understand Sakurai's insistence that a character from Animal Crossing won't fight and therefor fit in Brawl. Mostly for the facts that several of the characters in Brawl don't make any sense fighting (R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch, for example) and the fact that in Wild World Tom Nook admits to having been in a fight club. And he never lost a match to boot.
R.O.B.'s a robot and I guess you could "program" it to fight. It doesn't really do much else. Just because Mr. G&W is 2-D doesn't mean he can't fight. (I'm assuming that's your reasoning, because I can't think of another reason why he wouldn't fight).

However, that bit about Tom Nook is news to me.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I recall seeing it in Wild World too. I can't recall exactly when though, but it's one of the things you'll hear when he's sad.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Just because Mr. G&W is 2-D doesn't mean he can't fight. (I'm assuming that's your reasoning, because I can't think of another reason why he wouldn't fight).

However, that bit about Tom Nook is news to me.
Mr. Game & Watch (or the generic Game & Watch characters, as it may be) only really did assorted chore-like things and never really fought, I believe.

...and I'm trying to find the quote from Nook on the fight club... it's not working... >_<

Darknid

Smash Journeyman

So wait, you think Krystal should be in a smash game but you don't think DK should get 4 reps? Wow.

As for your requirements there, can you explain how the hell ROB got in then?

Also, King K. Rool meets all of those, and Dixie Kong meets 2 of them.

You just like furries, dude.

Besides, be honest, when's the last time you played a good starfox game? Starfox 64 right? Before that, when had you last played a good starfox game? Be honest. Never, right? So why on earth do you think a lame *** character from a disappointment of a game should be in Smash Bros, but the characters of the Donkey Kong series, of which there are 4 great games, do not deserve to be in Smash Bros?

The reason they are clones is because in their only good game, they just drove vehicles. Even so, if you want Krystal or Leon or both, fine, but that's not what you people do, is it!? You brazenly declare that starfox deserves more reps than DK because Smash Bros "isn't THAT comical"? You are horribly mistaken.

gantrain05

Smash Master
They should choose between Wolf of Falco for SSB4. One clone (either total clone or luigified) of a character is always better than 2 semi-clones of the same character. While I do like Young Link (better than Adult Link), replacing him with Toon Link instead of having three Links in Brawl was for the better.

If only Sakurai didn't program Falco into Brawl before looking for another Star Fox character who could easily get away as being a luigified version of Fox, then Star Fox wouldn't have a clone tumor.
see heres the thing, luigi is pretty much exactly the amount of clone to mario as wolf or falco is to fox, why don't you understand that?

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
We Want Krystal!

Sakurai keeps his place.

Characters:
Krystal. If she is the way I imagine her (fast, light, strong and most importantly HOT) she will own. You can declone Falco and if needed, drop wolf, but I want Krystal.
Iasac. Slightly above average speed and power. Otherwise all round average.
Metroid Rep: I don't think ridley will work, I mean, a boss in brawl, either we get a huge character or an insanely resized character. Edit: Now I can see him Charizard size. He would work.
Knuckles and Tails. They would own. Everyone knows how knuckles would fight, and tails would use a mixture of sonic's fighting style, while using machines in the middle of that.

I want Krystal in the most. If she's not in I won't buy the game.

Stages:
Keep the temple! Massive fun! Huge, fun insane stage. WITH HYRULE JUMPING!
We need Corneria... but make it the size of the 64 version.
Smashville needs to return... So fun.
I expect a revamped Final Destination and Battlefield. And I mean TOTALLY REVAMPED!
no idea for new stages though...

No random tripping (every other type works though)

If there is no Krystal I WILL NOT BUY THE GAME (sorry for sounding harsh^.^)

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why people find Krystal hot either or why they think that makes a good smash bros character..I mean come on, she's an animal.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Sakurai keeps his place.

Characters:
Krystal. If she is the way I imagine her (fast, light, strong and most importantly HOT) she will own. You can declone Falco and if needed, drop wolf, but I want Krystal.
Iasac. Slightly above average speed and power. Otherwise all round average.
Metroid Rep: I don't think ridley will work, I mean, a boss in brawl, either we get a huge character or an insanely resized character. Edit: Now I can see him Charizard size. He would work.
Knuckles and Tails. They would own. Everyone knows how knuckles would fight, and tails would use a mixture of sonic's fighting style, while using machines in the middle of that.

I want Krystal in the most. If she's not in I won't buy the game.

Stages:
Keep the temple! Massive fun! Huge, fun insane stage. WITH HYRULE JUMPING!
We need Corneria... but make it the size of the 64 version.
Smashville needs to return... So fun.
I expect a revamped Final Destination and Battlefield. And I mean TOTALLY REVAMPED!
no idea for new stages though...

No random tripping (every other type works though)

If there is no Krystal I WILL NOT BUY THE GAME (sorry for sounding harsh^.^)
Quoted for truth. (except for Corneria's size) I'm another person who won't buy SSB4 if Krystal isn't in. I'd rather get a different fighting game if that happened.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
What makes Krystal so special, apart from the fact that she's female, a new character, and scantily clad?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
but crysta1 ha5 t3h r0d!

That's the only argument I ever heard of Krystal supporters.

I said to myself: If Ridley is not playable in Brawl, I won't get the game. Look what happened. I have it TWICE.

Judging a game if some character isn't included is imo extremely dumb. "Boo-friggin-hoo, a minor character of a minor series is not included". Wow. Stop whining.

Edit: Darnit, I didn't want to post here anymore because of Kraryo. Stupid me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom