• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I've got a better idea for leons final smash ....LANDMASTER jk
Did you ever see Leon ride a Landmaster? I saw Fox rode it in Star Fox 64, I saw Falco and Wolf rode it in Star Fox Assault, Leon just have his own ship.

I knew it was a joke, I got board. XD

except mugen sucks and smash doesn't so u can't really compare that.
But Miku own's in that game. D=

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
How did Leon get to be more popular than Panther? He's not any more unique than him, and Leon is nothing more than a bystander because he is too ugly to get Krystal to fall for him. Also, Cats > Chameleons. The only thing Leon has over Panther is that he has been in one more game than him.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
How did Leon get to be more popular than Panther? He's not any more unique than him, and Leon is nothing more than a bystander because he is too ugly to get Krystal to fall for him. Also, Cats > Chameleons. The only thing Leon has over Panther is that he has been in one more game than him.
Leon was in that one game...Star Fox 64.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
I think more people know about Leon. I like him better.

§leepy God

Smash Master
it doesn't mean he can't get a landmaster infact i presume that if they don't want to delay the game they could just give the newcomers all landmasters cuz they're AWESOME
Jigglypuff calling the Landmaster. JIGGGLLLYPUFF!!! <3

I don't like how they take over the whole stage though. =/

But Miku owns in everything.
QFT

Leon's been around longer than Panther, Leon's been in Star Fox since 64, Panther is still new. IMO, joke telling character > ladies man character.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
Annoying newb. HE IS THE GREAT LEON!

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
this dissucision is only about new characters but what characters do you think will be cut?
Ahhh, this is the easiest question I will ever answer. Lucas and Iceclimbers. I feel like they're just there to be humorous and or make the game a bit more interesting. Lucas isn't that great in my opinion, and ice climbers are only good for chaingrabbing from what I see. Two new characters would be much better in my opinion. Not meant to offend anyone who mains either of the two.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Speaking of Starfox, I had question for you guys regarding Krystal. Since we can't fathom (I hope I'm using this right.) four Starfox characters, which would we remove in order to get Krystal in.

However, the character that gets cut will become an alternate character model for Fox and would be available as an unlockable or DLC. Personally, I would go with Falco. They should go ahead and merge Fox and Falco into one fighter.

Ahhh, this is the easiest question I will ever answer. Lucas and Iceclimbers. I feel like they're just there to be humorous and or make the game a bit more interesting. Lucas isn't that great in my opinion, and ice climbers are only good for chaingrabbing from what I see. Two new characters would be much better in my opinion. Not meant to offend anyone who mains either of the two.
The Ice Climbers have maintained popularity since Melee and they have always been available from the start in each game. I don't see them getting cut any time soon.

Lucas is good if you know how to use him, but he still needs different specials and final smash.

justaway12

Smash Master
Speaking of Starfox, I had question for you guys regarding Krystal. Since we can't fathom (I hope I'm using this right.) four Starfox characters, which would we remove in order to get Krystal in.

However, the character that gets cut will become an alternate character model for Fox and would be available as an unlockable or DLC. Personally, I would go with Falco. They should go ahead and merge Fox and Falco into one fighter.
falco might be cut people might argue that foxs moves are more alike or something like that but i just think he is goes better with fox.The ice climbers are very fun characters and lucas too but i'm not sure what others think, if i HAD to choose a cut it would be a star fox character they're slighty cloney and i guess lucas if i HAD to cut

trev94

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Starfox, I had question for you guys regarding Krystal. Since we can't fathom (I hope I'm using this right.) four Starfox characters, which would we remove in order to get Krystal in..
Why do we need to remove one???

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
People already explained the Ice Climbers' reason to stay, but it doesn't make sense to cut Lucas. He's effectively the Mother series' main character. Saying he should be cut is like saying Marth should be cut.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I think wolf would get taken out for sure. Not exactly a surplus of wolf mains and he's really not a popular character from what I've seen. I love star fox, but if we had to eliminate one to take one, it'd be taking out wolf and putting in panther/krystal.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't think Starfox deserves four characters. However, I feel Wolf will be removed if any, as he is not a Melee veteran like Fox and Falco are. Plus, he could be easier to make into a Fox alt, as they are both dog-esque characters. As for who to change up if they are to stay as the three characters, I feel that Falco is the "clone" that needs alteration the most. Wolf is different enough except for the Final Smash. Falco needs some new Specials and a new Final Smash, although I think his other attacks are great and fitting.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
Because everyone will whine if there's a fourth Starfox character even if he/she is radically different from the other three.
Whine.... people would whine if one of them got takin out, bevause some people main them. I dont see any resion to take anyone out from this game. I SAY IF YOU GET BUT INTO SAMSH YOU STAY IN SMASH!

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Wolf would be much easier to use as an alternate costume without changing Fox's hitboxes than Falco, because he uses the same character design as Fox. However, if they find out a way make Falco an alternate costume without majorly changing Fox's gameplay, then they should go for it.

RandomNutjob

Smash Rookie
Thoughts on Roster

Hey everybody, new to scene - not just here but Wii itself [just got mine for Xmas - woo]

Anyway jibber-jabber aside i wanted to throw some names into hat - some i'd suggest for "retiring" and some i'd like to be considered for replacing them

Ones to "retire":
Jigglypuff
Peach
R.O.B.
[not used yet but seems like a random addition]

Ones to re-enter the battlefield:
Mewtwo [best Pokemon ever - even though probably been eclipsed with some other random one now]
Roy [not played Melee - sorry - but seems popular]

New additions:
Before start listing i know some [if not most] have already been mentioned but having only just turned up did you really expect me to read 800+ pages before posting?

Shadow [whether as alternate guise of Sonic or not]
Knuckles - sure not alone when say he kicks major @$$

Possibly have ring pick-up where can make Shadow/Sonic/Knuckles into super versions [akin to Mario Super Mushroom]

Also add Invincibility [again like Mario variant]

Maybe have "Metal Sonic" as non-playable - boss battle perhaps?

Robotnik would be good as an assist of some kind - Tails for good guys

On similar ilk have Peach as Mario helper [maybe remove Zelda as playable as have her as a Link helper?]

Crash and Crunch Bandicoot [with Coco as helper]
Neo Cortex and Tiny Tiger with [N Tropy as helper? At least have him provide clock item/s]

Throw in Aku Aku/Uka Uka as invincibility and wumpa to increase power?

Earthworm Jim and Peter* [with Princess What's-Her-Name for help?]
Ryu & Ken and Bison & Akuma [ok maybe not :laugh:]

*Have him morph into monster version with a power-up [or have him as monster as default OR even have him as an assist for Jim]

Characters DON'T wanna see join:
Anymore Pokemon - got enough of them
Any Tekken or Soul Calibur - especially the random-as-hell Star Wars characters [talk about added to reel in the geeks - no offence]

Apologies for post length and repetition/daft ideas but thought might as well stick my neck out

More from me in good time :)

EDIT: Just one more thing as Columbo would say - have it so can unlock characters through Classic mode with various fighters or by completing it so many times - to get a few from there is a bit lame as i like playing Classic mode a fair bit - could make it character specific like get Shadow for completing as Sonic or something - just a thought

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
I understand Jigglypuff, but Peach and ROB? Peach is one of the most important characters to the main Mario series and ROB saved the video game industry outside of Japan.

Supamahn

Smash Rookie
They should put the old game mechanics and physics of Melee back. The physics and mechanics of Brawl completely suck IMO. Bring back the faster paced game play and WAVEDASHING.

Speaking of characters, they should add in some characters from previous universes that only add one character throughout the entire Smash Bros series. i.e.; Captain Falcon, Captain Olimar, Sonic, etc. Adding in some new characters from completely new universes would also be a good idea, such as adding in Megaman or something like that. De-cloning some of the characters from Brawl would be a great idea too. i.e.; Lucas? Making some of the characters that became horrible from Melee and making them better would be a DEFINITE YES. i.e.; Captain Falcon. The one character that DEFINITELY needs to be nerfed is... Meta Knight. He's way to powerful and I just think they need to downgrade him a little a lot.

The biggest change I think that they should make are the STAGES. Some Most of the new stages in Brawl are just down right horrible and the changes they made to some previous ones aren't very swell either. They should re add the old N64 stages and the GOOD Melee stages such as.. Fountain of Dreams?

Online play needs to be HEAVILY improved from Brawl, which completely sucks *** IMO. Adding in some OPTIONS to the Play With Anyone mode would be great, like making the match STOCK instead of time and an item switch menu would be nice.

Changing a couple of the Final Smashes would be great and nerfing some of them wouldn't be a very bad idea either.i.e.; Zero Suit Samus.

Stage Builder should return and making it better would be great. Being able to have and add more parts is a must.

One major element in the game they should remove is... The Sub Space Emissary. Seriously, who even likes that mode anyway? It's just there to give Smash Bros an actual storyline, which it doesn't even need, and to make you try every character to see how well you do with them. Bringing back the Adventure Mode from Melee would be a good idea since I really enjoyed it. But keeping the Boss Battles form the SSE would be great because most people like that mode.

Making each character have their OWN Target Test Stage would be a wonderful re-addition. Doing all five Target Test levels which each character is a big pain in the ***. The Home-Run-Contest should stay the way it is and shouldn't be changed. The Multi-Man mode is completely fine the way it is as well. Board The Platforms should be brought back! That was a very fun mode from the original Smash Bros. Anyone who doesn't like it should

The Classic mode should be random again instead of being in order like the way it is now. I like the layout of Melee's classic mode instead of Brawl's crappy version. All-Star should also be like Melee's version again except with a random team at the end instead of GaW.

That's what I think SSB4 should be like. More characters, more stages, some changes, and a lot more fun.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I know I'm the only one pretty much, but I actually like the Brawl physics better than Melee' overall. They should definitely change up the air dodging to have a significant amount of lag before you can use it again in the same jump and do something else with or just remove tripping.

And I think the Subspace Emissary was a great addition and a step in the right direction! The only things it really needs are just making it more like the Mario and Zelda stages in Melee's Adventure mode. I'd like to see a LOT of unique elements and scenarios brought from all sorts of franchises and much, MUCH less original stuff. Oh, and more original bosses would be a plus. And maybe dialogue in the cutscenes?

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
I like how lots of people in this thread want characters out because they dont like them.

espeically people who want major characters to a franchise out like Peach and Ganondorf!

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I like how lots of people in this thread want characters out because they dont like them.

espeically people who want major characters to a franchise out like Peach and Ganondorf!
I don't like that...I don't like that at all.

Myself, I don't hate Jigglypuff personally, I just say that if its reason for being in the series was due to its at-the-time popularity, then by now it should be gooooooooone...

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
Jut a few criticisms to your criticisms:

- Don't really care either way with Krystal, however a completely original Star Fox group screams justice to me.

Agreed.

- Little Mac's a given in SSB4, you can quote me on this one.

Agreed.

- Diddy, I'll admit that he's freaking great in Brawl, but seriously Dixie's important too and interesting enough to work in Brawl. DK as a series seems to "not deserve" 4 roster spots, so how else are we gonna get K. Rool & Dixie in?

Not agreed. DK, Diddy, & K. Rool fit the perfect mold of Hero, Sidekick, Villain that usually happens in Smash (see Starfox) and Dixie is just really not important enough as a NINTENDO character to be in. Sure, if this was DK Smash, she'd be a shoe-in. But for Nintendo as a whole, an AT is fine, if not too much.

- Golden Sun Defense Force Go! :laugh:

:bee:

- Note I said, he doesn't need a sword. I meant he needs something completely original. Captain Ganon has got to go one way or another. :laugh:

In that case, agreed. I think a few specials involving the sword and some smashes would be fine, but he'd still be good with a mostly-physical attack based ORIGINAL moveset.

Besides, Smash needs more spell casters.

Personally, I think magic attacks are generally boring...although I'm totally not a fan of anything "magic" or any of that, so...
lolwutzzzzzzzzzzz

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman

The Ice Climbers have maintained popularity since Melee and they have always been available from the start in each game. I don't see them getting cut any time soon.

Lucas is good if you know how to use him, but he still needs different specials and final smash.
Pokemon has 4 reps
Mario has 4 reps
LoZ has 4 reps

why would 4 starfox reps be bad?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Pokemon has 4 reps
Mario has 4 reps
LoZ has 4 reps

why would 4 starfox reps be bad?
Pokémon, Mario, and LoZ are Nintendo's biggest, most important series. They are the Big 3 f Nintendo.

Star Fox is not.

Saleswise, Mario, Pokémon, LoZ, Donkey Kong, and Kirby are Nintendo's best series. StarFox doesn't make the top 5, and even then Metroid would be higher than SF.

BTW, Pokémon has 6 reps, 4 character screen slots.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
I advocate 4 Star Fox reps, seeing as how Mario gets 8.

Zelda should get more than 5, too. I want Vaati. 6 sounds good.

Metroid is obviously very under-represented. Ridley, Dark Samus and Sylux please. Then we can talk about more than that for SSB5.

Kirby has the only ones that deserve it already.

Pokemon needs Mewtwo back. I also recommend Kadabra.

Roy needs to return.

Earthbound? Please just declone Ness and Lucas.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I advocate 4 Star Fox reps, seeing as how Mario gets 8.

Zelda should get more than 5, too. I want Vaati. 6 sounds good.

Metroid is obviously very under-represented. Ridley, Dark Samus and Sylux please. Then we can talk about more than that for SSB5.

Kirby has the only ones that deserve it already.

Pokemon needs Mewtwo back. I also recommend Kadabra.

Roy needs to return.

Earthbound? Please just declone Ness and Lucas.
Characters? Okay then.

1. LoZ, Mario, and Pokemon are ALL to the point where they should NOT get new characters. They have so many that they need to ROTATE.

2. Bomberman or Megaman. The only two left that I will tolerate.

3. K. Rool, Ridley, and [Starfox Rep]. Dark Samus is iffy, since it was only important in two metroid games, Metroid PRIME no less. And I hear Japan hates Metroid Prime. :laugh:

4. No Lip. If they put a character like Lip in SSB4, I will go to training and probably kick her kidneys so much I'll be arrested for virtual child abuse. -_-

5. Lolz at the guy who quoted a month-old post.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
How many times are people going to suggest a 4th Starfox character while the 3 we have already are arguably all clones of each other?

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
because Krystal will only be a clone if Sakurai wants her to be...

if you've played Star Fox Adventures you'd know that Fox uses her staff. Seeing as how that is the case, she could use all of the abilities Fox used in that game...essentially preventing her from being a clone...

hell...Falco & Wolf didn't even need to be clones...Sakurai could've just drawn inspiration from Assault for a moveset instead of altering Fox's illogical moveset...

Khanxay

Smash Cadet
1. Make SSB4 a Mature rated game.
2. Add a crapload of DC and Marvel characters.
3. ????
4. Profit!

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Pokemon should have the most reps
We are talking about 493 at the time of release of Brawl and at this rate we will have 600-700 by the time of SSB4 So it should have 6-7 char slots one being PT with 3
Then we come to Mario with alot less chars but pretty important 5-6 char slots given
Loz 5 char slots
DK 3 slots
StarFox 4 slots
EartHbound 3 slots
Third Party 3-4 slots
These being the important ones

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
We all know that Mario is God of all video games, those who don't agree, will be destoryed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom