• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gantrain05

Smash Master
honestly, i don't understand why F-zero would ever have more than 1 character, there was only ever one good F-zero game and it was for the snes, the rest were crappy, and they didn't really make many of them, i say leave capn falcon in but there really aren't any more deserving reps from f-zero.

as for mewtwo, who cares if he might be considered the worst character in melee, imo that spot actually belongs to G&W, and look what they did to him in brawl, how good a character is =/= whether or not they will return.

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I'm wrong about it probably being Plusle and Minum - I've heard the argument used in that wiki and have seen a good counter-argument - but next time I won't post it as if it's verified.

honestly, i don't understand why F-zero would ever have more than 1 character, there was only ever one good F-zero game and it was for the snes, the rest were crappy, and they didn't really make many of them, i say leave capn falcon in but there really aren't any more deserving reps from f-zero.

as for mewtwo, who cares if he might be considered the worst character in melee, imo that spot actually belongs to G&W, and look what they did to him in brawl, how good a character is =/= whether or not they will return.
There are some things wrong here.

First, you may not like F-Zero games (I don't care much for them either, although I haven't really tried) but that doesn't mean they're bad. They've been consistently high-selling. And in Japan, the series got a pretty big popularity boost from the anime. The series definitely "deserves" another character, but it's possible that the reason none got in is because Sakurai feels that anyone besides Falcon might be superfluous.

And Game & Watch isn't the worst character. That's not even really debatable. Although it's possible that Pichu is now, and he got cut anyway (but then he was supposed to be the worst).

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Personal opinions stated as facts suck balls. A lot.

I've played F-Zero since it first came out and own every game (yes, even the Japan-only GBA one). F-Zero X was the best game, and every F-Zero fan will agree with that. Except those who came into the series with GX, maybe.

But let me guess... you think F-Zero X's graphics suck, right? Especially in comparison to other N64 games. And therefore the game does suck too.

F-Zero is Nintendo's only Non-spinoff racer series, and quite successful on top of that. It has an interesting cast of characters, too - even if they show little personality... but at least more than a lot of characters in other games like Fire Emblem or Star Fox.

Do you know the WipeOut and Extreme G-series? Well, guess which game series they ripped off for that one!

We have MOTHER and Fire Emblem, series which are maybe a little older, but have less and/or less successful installments, yet those have 2 characters in Brawl, each, Fire Emblem even having 2 in Melee already.

In fact, Star Fox is an EXTREMELY similar series when it comes to sells and success. It even has the same amount of games released outside of Japan (5). 6 games in total for F-Zero, and one unreleased Beta for Star Fox. The units sold for both series are similar, too. Yet Star Fox has three times as many characters as F-Zero. Not to mention trophies.

The neglection of F-Zero in Smash Bros. has been blatant since Melee, but now in Brawl it's even more obvious.

@Ilpalazzo:
Let's both agree we had flaws in our arguments. I personally think Plusle & Minun as Brawl character is bull*hit, you don't. Whatever floats your boat.

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
But out of curiosity, why do you think it's bull? I can understand having doubt in it, but it's not like it's that unbelievable, and it does fit with how the Japanese might abbreviate their names.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Personal opinions stated as facts suck balls. A lot.

I've played F-Zero since it first came out and own every game (yes, even the Japan-only GBA one). F-Zero X was the best game, and every F-Zero fan will agree with that. Except those who came into the series with GX, maybe.

But let me guess... you think F-Zero X's graphics suck, right? Especially in comparison to other N64 games. And therefore the game does suck too.

F-Zero is Nintendo's only Non-spinoff racer series, and quite successful on top of that. It has an interesting cast of characters, too - even if they show little personality... but at least more than a lot of characters in other games like Fire Emblem or Star Fox.

Do you know the WipeOut and Extreme G-series? Well, guess which game series they ripped off for that one!

We have MOTHER and Fire Emblem, series which are maybe a little older, but have less and/or less successful installments, yet those have 2 characters in Brawl, each, Fire Emblem even having 2 in Melee already.

In fact, Star Fox is an EXTREMELY similar series when it comes to sells and success. It even has the same amount of games released outside of Japan (5). 6 games in total for F-Zero, and one unreleased Beta for Star Fox. The units sold for both series are similar, too. Yet Star Fox has three times as many characters as F-Zero. Not to mention trophies.

The neglection of F-Zero in Smash Bros. has been blatant since Melee, but now in Brawl it's even more obvious.

@Ilpalazzo:
Let's both agree we had flaws in our arguments. I personally think Plusle & Minun as Brawl character is bull*hit, you don't. Whatever floats your boat.
first off, why would i look at graphics in a discussion about this? no i don't give a **** about graphics, i'll play any game as long as its fun.

the characters in F-zero have MUCH less personality than the star fox team, you gotta be kidding about that right?

fire emblem and mother series actually have characters, with movesets to pull from, and personalities, f-zero just doesnt have any of that, where do u think they came up with falcons moveset? yeah thats right, out their ***.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
But out of curiosity, why do you think it's bull? I can understand having doubt in it, but it's not like it's that unbelievable, and it does fit with how the Japanese might abbreviate their names.
Because I can't imagine them being 1 character - they have only one folder, unlike the Ice Climbers or Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS, who have different folders for both characters.
Hell, even the Final Smash versions of Bowser and Wario have their own character data. I just can't see how this character would've worked out properly.

It's something we all throw around a lot, though.
Yes, but saying "lol mario sux tere shuud onle b 1 mario charcta" is different then "I think that Krystal has no valid reason to be in Smash as a playable character" with listing the importance of the character to the series respectively generally knowing the series (played all games here, too; yes, even said unreleased Star Fox 2 Beta) overall pretty well.

I love Star Fox. I'm happy that this series got so much attention. But I'd prefer if the attention would be evenly given out to other series, too.

first off, why would i look at graphics in a discussion about this? no i don't give a **** about graphics, i'll play any game as long as its fun.

the characters in F-zero have MUCH less personality than the star fox team, you gotta be kidding about that right?

fire emblem and mother series actually have characters, with movesets to pull from, and personalities, f-zero just doesnt have any of that, where do u think they came up with falcons moveset? yeah thats right, out their ***.
Dunno, I assumed that, because I've never heard of anyone not liking F-Zero X as a great racing game. Which it is.

I don't say the Star Fox team, but I mean other characters. Captain Falcon has more lines in F-Zero GX than Katt or Bill Grey have in the whole Star Fox series.

Yeah, right, because a generic fantasy fighter hopping forward with a sword, slashing, and then hopping back gives SO MUCH more ideas. Not to mention that the Star Fox characters never been out of their cockpits without equipment either. And if we're at it, what about Peach? Can you tell me where Mario ever used the Mario Tornado? Where is Kirby's Final Cutter from? When did Dedede have a motorized hammer? What's up with PK Fire and PK Thunder, Ness and Lucas never learned them in the games? When did Sheik actually use the moves in her series that she does in Smash?

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
The F-Zero characters have plenty of personality - as much as a Star Fox character. Otherwise they couldn't build an anime around them.

And yeah, they did make up Falcon's moveset. They made up Fox's too. In fact, all Star Fox characters and F-Zero characters pretty much have the same moveset potential except for Fox and Krystal (who are slightly above the rest just because of the staff, but that still doesn't mean Krystal needs a spot).

Because I can't imagine them being 1 character - they have only one folder, unlike the Ice Climbers or Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS, who have different folders for both characters.
Hell, even the Final Smash versions of Bowser and Wario have their own character data. I just can't see how this character would've worked out properly.
I see the validity of your argument. But rather than put it into my own words, I'll show you this GameFAQs post that I feel makes a very convincing argument.

reaverz said:
Pra_Mai definitely has to be Plusle and Minun (Prasuru, Mainan). Pichu is nowhere in the game's coding, but it is easy to deduce that Plusle and Minun began as two Pichu that followed each other. When Brawl started developing, the 3rd gen was still the latest generation and these two were the latest Pikachu look-alikes who also represented the concept of double battling introduced in the 3rd gen. It makes perfect sense that they were seriously considered. But I believe they were scrapped very early on when Pokemon Trainer was introduced, and with the 4th gen being created alongside Brawl I believe Gamefreak definitely had a hand in introducing Lucario to Sakurai and co...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Yes, but saying "lol mario sux tere shuud onle b 1 mario charcta" is different then "I think that Krystal has no valid reason to be in Smash as a playable character" with listing the importance of the character to the series respectively generally knowing the series (played all games here, too; yes, even said unreleased Star Fox 2 Beta) overall pretty well.

I love Star Fox. I'm happy that this series got so much attention. But I'd prefer if the attention would be evenly given out to other series, too.
Yeah, but gauging "importance" can also be based on opinion as well. See: large debate about Skull Kid vs. Tingle a few dozen pages back. *shrug*

Maybe the pra_mai folder was data at an extremely early stage of development?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Where is Kirby's Final Cutter from? When did Dedede have a motorized hammer?
Kirby's Final Cutter is directly from his Cutter ability (in Kirby Super Star, at least). King Dedede uses a mechanical hammer in Kirby Super Star Ultra, although that game was released after Brawl. Just saying!

EDIT: Double post. Whoops! Also, holy crud, I have over 3,000 posts.

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
I think that "importance" is usually only made up of opinion when that opinion is flawed. Your example is a good (or bad) one - there's no doubt that Tingle is more important than Skull Kid.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
So now I'm back to defending my liking of Krystal. You may say she's linked to the downfall of the franchise, but that doesn't really affect me for reasons I'm sure you know already. Yes, part of the reason I like her is because she's female, but that's because it's part of what makes her different from the rest of the Star Fox cast, which is why I like her as a character. I like the sensitivity she brings to the cast (or Fox, at least). I don't have the hots for her at all or anything. Krystal's magic rod was a major plot device in one game. Same as Bowser Jr.'s paintbrush, really, but everyone continues to assume he'd probably use it profusely, and despite the fact that he barely has anything else to pull from, nobody whines because he's part of the reputable Mario franchise.

So bottom line is, I just like Krystal as a character because she's a big part of what made me like Star Fox in the first place, and I want to see her in Smash Bros., no matter how much hate toward a minor character from a minor franchise anyone may throw at me. Is that so wrong? Am I an idiot? "Character hate" just leads to people having to defend themselves by bringing up facts or opinions that probably aren't going to sway the opposing party anyway.

That Falco/Arwing thing is interesting though.
D@mn straight. That is so true. If I were to add anything to this argument it would result in me going in circles.

I would still buy the game, even if they nerf Fox and Link and don't include Krystal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The original 12 MUST and WILL stay forever. That's why I'm worried about Sakurai losing his job...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I see the validity of your argument. But rather than put it into my own words, I'll show you this GameFAQs post that I feel makes a very convincing argument.
I see the validity of your argument, as well. I knew of it. I still have my doubts. We don't know what "pra_mai" is. And we probably never will.

@filipino:
Cutter Kirby has a different move then the Final Cutter, though.
He throws a blade like a boomerang. That's what Cutter does.

Kirby got Final Cutter (among his other Smash Specials) in Kirby & the Amazing Mirror after Melee's release.

De³'s mecha-hammer being introduced to the game series after Brawl was released is not a valid argument, considering how both games have the same director.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@filipino:
Cutter Kirby has a different move then the Final Cutter, though.
He throws a blade like a boomerang. That's what Cutter does.

Kirby got Final Cutter (among his other Smash Specials) in Kirby & the Amazing Mirror after Melee's release.

De³'s mecha-hammer being introduced to the game series after Brawl was released is not a valid argument, considering how both games have the same director.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bInX9zhiRk&feature=related

Watch 2:10 in that video. Kirby Super Star was a SNES game, and a lot of Kirby's moves actually come from the movesets of various abilities such as Fighter, Suplex, and Ninja. Stone and Hammer were powers too.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The Final Cutter sytle came from Kirby Super Star where you did a Cutter combo, then Kirby jumps up in the air and lay down the Final Cutter, it was on SSB64, he still use it in Kirby Super Star Ultra. When it came to Melee, some reason they gave him a sword when he does Final Cutter, I guess they were trying to make it look cool, but I like the sparkiles that the one on SSB64 had. D=

Amazing Mirror made it Sword Kirby because it was an idea from Melee so they put it in this game, and Squeak Squad Sword Kirby had diffrent mix element powers like Thunder Sword Kirby, or Fire Sword Kirby so when he use Final Cutter on that game, the beam has a diffrent element to it.

King Dedede's hammer for his Down-B they made up in Brawl, kind of like how Meta Knight got some of the moves that Kirby uses when he had Wing Kirby and when he had Meta Knight's sword in Amazing Mirror.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bInX9zhiRk&feature=related

Watch 2:10 in that video. Kirby Super Star was a SNES game, and a lot of Kirby's moves actually come from the movesets of various abilities such as Fighter, Suplex, and Ninja. Stone and Hammer were powers too.
Cool. Didn't know that one. Thanks, then. Stone, Hammer, Fighter etc. I knew of, though. Same with Kirby's Dash in Melee (Fire).

Anyway, that one was a bad example, but the other ones still stand.

Most of the movesets were made up, and most of the stuff the characters do in Smash they never do in their respective games.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well. After reading through the Krystal argument and seeing the furry jokes...

I think Starfox can REASONABLY be left alone. All it needs is probably more de-cloning work. Make the three of them ENTIRELY different if possible.

But I still think Isaac, Ridley and Goroh/Black Shadow are top of the list for SSB4's roster. ^^

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
If another Golden Sun game doesn't come out before the next Smash does, I can't see Isaac getting in. Otherwise he has moderate chances, but I don't think he's at the top of the list.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Does anyone think PT will get new Pokemon?
The options are:
The current ones, maybe different evolutions though

Cyndaquil
Totodile
Chicorita

Treeko
Torchic
Mudkip

Piplup
Chimchar
Turtwig

And all their evolutions are possible options.
I for one would feel better if they weren't the current ones.

Another reason for Krystal;
Together with Fox, she can make an interesting storyline *hint hint*:chuckle:

Veeeeerrrrrryy Interesting :love:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
In Japan, Leon (and even Slippy) are more popular than Krystal. Outside Japan, not so much.
I don't know why, but I find this hard to believe. Maybe it's because everyone has used "X is popular in Japan" to the point that it's a BS counter.

Anyway, I seriously wonder if your hatred for anything anthro (not just furry which is a type of anthro art) has anything to do with this.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
If Krystal isn't in, I even won't touch SSB4 with a 10-foot pole unless if it was to throw it into a bonfire. SSB4 would need major, major, major improvement for me to even think about buying it if Krystal wasn't in.

These are the improvements for SSB4 I was talking about:
*There wouldn't be a sole character that would be winning most tournaments. Instead, there would be 3-5 characters at the top that are pretty well balanced against each other.
*Put wave dashing back in, but make the timing window for it not so strict, so that you wouldn't have to grind for quite a while to master.
*The grab range of edges should be reduced, but you should still be able to grab onto edges while facing away from them.
*No more trophies, stickers, story mode, demos, etc. More time to focus on improving Wi-Fi and the game mechanics.
*Miis (or the next console equivalent) should be playable and have fully customizable movesets. Might be a gamebreaker, but tourney goers could just ban Miis.
*Megaman, Eggman, Samurai Goroh, Ridley, Sora, an AC rep, Pichu, and Toon Zelda/Tetra to be playable characters in SSB4.
*There needs to be a Torture Mode. It would let you torture characters you don't like in many more ways then you could in Training Mode. Have Sakurai (or new developer for SSB4) be one of the victims you can choose for Torture mode, so that I can torture Sakurai for not putting Krystal in SSB4. There would be DLC for new torture tools and they would all be free.
*Have Melee's shield stun.
*Add in more hitstun as well to improve the offensive game.
*There should be an option that lets you choose two characters to play as in a match. You start off as one of the characters that you chose (you can choose who can go first) and you play like normal. To switch to the other character, the left part of the d-pad would be used.

Even with all those changes, there's still the chance that I might "accidentally" drop my Krystalless SSB4 and break it.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
If Krystal isn't in, I even won't touch SSB4 with a 10-foot pole unless if it was to throw it into a bonfire. SSB4 would need major, major, major improvement for me to even think about buying it if Krystal wasn't in.

*There wouldn't be a sole character that would be winning most tournaments. Instead, there would be 3-5 characters at the top that are pretty well balanced against each other

*Put wave dashing back in, but make the timing window for it not so strict, so that you wouldn't have to grind for quite a while to master

*There needs to be a Torture Mode. It would let you torture characters you don't like in many more ways then you could in Training Mode. Have Sakurai (or new developer for SSB4) be one of the victims you can choose for Torture mode, so that I can torture Sakurai for not putting Krystal in SSB4. There would be DLC for new torture tools and they would all be free

*No more trophies, stickers, story mode, demos, etc.

*Sora, Pichu, and Toon Zelda/Tetra to be playable characters in SSB4

*There should be an option that lets you choose two characters to play as in a match. You start off as one of the characters that you chose (you can choose who can go first) and you play like normal. To switch to the other character, the left part of the d-pad would be used

Even with all those changes, there's still the chance that I might "accidentally" drop my Krystalless SSB4 and break it.
^ Prime example why I stopped posting into this thread for a long time and will return to stop posting into it.

Although... Come to think of it: Yes, please, stay away from Smash 4 if Krystal isn't in, so we don't have to hear the crap coming from you over a minor detail.

Edit: I actually read the whole post. Holy crap, that's so dumb, I have no idea what it is.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
*There wouldn't be a sole character that would be winning most tournaments. Instead, there would be 3-5 characters at the top that are pretty well balanced against each other.
*Put wave dashing back in, but make the timing window for it not so strict, so that you wouldn't have to grind for quite a while to master.
*The grab range of edges should be reduced, but you should still be able to grab onto edges while facing away from them.
*No more trophies, stickers, story mode, demos, etc. More time to focus on improving Wi-Fi and the game mechanics.
*Miis (or the next console equivalent) should be playable and have fully customizable movesets. Might be a gamebreaker, but tourney goers could just ban Miis.
*Megaman, Eggman, Samurai Goroh, Ridley, Sora, an AC rep, Pichu, and Toon Zelda/Tetra to be playable characters in SSB4.
*There needs to be a Torture Mode. It would let you torture characters you don't like in many more ways then you could in Training Mode. Have Sakurai (or new developer for SSB4) be one of the victims you can choose for Torture mode, so that I can torture Sakurai for not putting Krystal in SSB4. There would be DLC for new torture tools and they would all be free.
*Have Melee's shield stun.
*Add in more hitstun as well to improve the offensive game.
*There should be an option that lets you choose two characters to play as in a match. You start off as one of the characters that you chose (you can choose who can go first) and you play like normal. To switch to the other character, the left part of the d-pad would be used.

Torture mode will be the funnest. And I agree with beating up sakurai. In fact, the only thing I disagree with is the miis. That will make it like every other competitive wii game and thus, screw it up. So mr sakurai, are you putting Krystal in yet?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Torture mode will be the funnest. And I agree with beating up sakurai.
omfg... Are you like, Kraryo in disguise? wtf.

Listen, without Sakurai there wouldn't even be Smash. Nor could you now be able to bash the crap out of Brawl on an internet forum for whatever ******** reason you might find.
Sakurai is a respectable person who has achieved more in his life than either of you ever could hope for. He probably is better in Smash than either of you. He is a person who tries to realize his vision of what a game should look like.

As soon as you are able to do a Smash Bros. game of the size and quality Brawl or even only Melee have, I will send you a license to bash Sakurai. If you can't, stop the ****ing Sakurai bashing.

I really ****ing love how people forget that, without Sakurai, we wouldn't be here debating over something ridiculous like the possibility of character X being in a possible sequel to a game which was released not even a year ago.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
No no no, I respect Sakurai and think he is the greatest. It'd just be for fun. Ok, I won't bash saku up, happy? And no, I have never met Kraryo, just siding with him/her/it.

*murmurs to Kraryo* maybe we can get miyamoto instead... :chuckle:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
omfg... Are you like, Kraryo in disguise? wtf.

Listen, without Sakurai there wouldn't even be Smash. Nor could you now be able to bash the crap out of Brawl on an internet forum for whatever ******** reason you might find.
Sakurai is a respectable person who has achieved more in his life than either of you ever could hope for. He probably is better in Smash than either of you. He is a person who tries to realize his vision of what a game should look like.

As soon as you are able to do a Smash Bros. game of the size and quality Brawl or even only Melee have, I will send you a license to bash Sakurai. If you can't, stop the ****ing Sakurai bashing.

I really ****ing love how people forget that, without Sakurai, we wouldn't be here debating over something ridiculous like the possibility of character X being in a possible sequel to a game which was released not even a year ago.
*hugs SpadeFox* So happy you said that. Sakurai always seems to get a really bad rap here. Glad to know someone else respects him :).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You guys aren't the only ones. I respect the man too, but I also think he has made some mistakes in Smash that need to be fixed.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You guys aren't the only ones. I respect the man too, but I also think he has made some mistakes in Smash that need to be fixed.
That's good too :).

My problem has always been that people loath Sakurai because Brawl is not competitive enough. He didn't make the game so Smashboards would be happy, and I think that some people need to understand that.

Since it's related, my hate of "lets add competitive ideas" is because games don't need to be competitive. They need to be fun. Smash works because it remains simple, but some suggestions want it to be much more complex them it is. Even idea that make the game hard aren't necessarily good because it makes it harder to play. All of this for a bigger gap of skill.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Yeah, while Sakurai did make SSB series, he messed up in Brawl. Random tripping and focusing more on the SSE rather than the multiplayer are rather glaring. He also removed wavedashing and l-canceling, because they were helping people win. Sakurai is alright asides from his intentions of having Smash be casual (he views his series as a party game and not a fighting game), putting too much time into SSE, and some bad roster decisions.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

You've got to be kidding me there. Adventure Mode makes the game even more interesting to play. Plus, it adds to the amount of unlockable things you can get. Though I can do without the demos since they were pointless anyway.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, while Sakurai did make SSB series, he messed up in Brawl. Random tripping and focusing more on the SSE rather than the multiplayer are rather glaring. He also removed wavedashing and l-canceling, because they were helping people win. Sakurai is alright asides from his intentions of having Smash be casual (he views his series as a party game and not a fighting game), putting too much time into SSE, and some bad roster decisions.
As Iwata mentioned, Sakurai can see the finished product before production begins. I doubt he cut characters to make the SSE. He had a plan of what he was going to do going in, so if he cut anything it would have to been able to complete the game.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I've always disagreed at the part when they said something like: and with enough modes to play to keep you entertained...

Like Kraryo, they should make a whole new category of modes, where you can play as multiple characters... and it wouldnt be 1 strict mode, there'd be several ways to change it... It could be like, you pick X chars, then you play the first then you get the next when your first dies, etc, may be an option to randomize which ones come first, may be another option to make it so that you can switch during the match without dying, may be if they're swapped out long enough they can heal a little (lol like Marvel vs Capcom). They could make battles more like MvsC 2 just in general.

And oh, seriously, they better not put Funky Kong in. No offense to him or anything, its just that he's not a very popular character to me, and I have never heard of him until he appeared in Mario Kart. I haven't even seen him yet XD But some reason they put him in...

Just as a Yoshi fan it would be cool to make Kamek a playable character :D

And also, there needs to be more females and antagonists/villains in the game (which there most likely will). My understanding of why there is a lack in Brawl/Melee is because the roster is only at like 35 chars max, and the goal of the roster of characters is to span across as many games as possible to make the roster more diversitised, but the problem is that a lot of games only have 1 or 2 reps, and the main characters of video games are usually male and 'good'. But because they covered a wide margin of the major games, they will most likely fill up this lack of female/villain characters... Just some thoughts.

And ya they should put Mewtwo and Roy (may be Dr. Mario either as a character or costume), and others who aren't in Brawl but were in Melee (but more Mewtwo and Roy), which they probably will because the common understanding of fans is that they weren't in Brawl because of time restrictions.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Since it's related, my hate of "lets add competitive ideas" is because games don't need to be competitive. They need to be fun. Smash works because it remains simple, but some suggestions want it to be much more complex them it is. Even idea that make the game hard aren't necessarily good because it makes it harder to play. All of this for a bigger gap of skill.
As we mentioned this in the SSB4 Group, competition doesn't make it less fun. I'm fine with complexity, but it needs to be executed properly.

For example, someone mentioned that they should bring back hitstun, however, reduce the amount of hitstun for each attack in a chain. This brings back the combos for the competitive ones, but the casual can still have fun AND not get trapped in a 0 to death combo so easily.

Basically, I would be fine if they gave some more depth, but it shouldn't be where practice turns into grinding.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And oh, seriously, they better not put Funky Kong in. No offense to him or anything, its just that he's not a very popular character to me, and I have never heard of him until he appeared in Mario Kart. I haven't even seen him yet XD But some reason they put him in...
Well if anything, King K. Rool has a better chance of being playable than Funky Kong. Besides, Funky loathes adventuring, and may be better off as an Assist Trophy.

As much as I like Funky Kong, he doesn't work as a fighter very well.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
As we mentioned this in the SSB4 Group, competition doesn't make it less fun. I'm fine with complexity, but it needs to be executed properly.

For example, someone mentioned that they should bring back hitstun, however, reduce the amount of hitstun for each attack in a chain. This brings back the combos for the competitive ones, but the casual can still have fun AND not get trapped in a 0 to death combo so easily.

Basically, I would be fine if they gave some more depth, but it shouldn't be where practice turns into grinding.
The fallacy has always been that complexity does not make it less fun, but this steams from the fallacy that casual players don't care and will eat the game up anyway.

Wavedashing was a good example of this since it enraged the majority of Smash Brother players. Only the competitive scene liked it. It should also be noted that the competitive scene is the one who wants to see more complexity and the return of hitstun.

Also, if Smash ever has a two character mode (doubt it though) I'd like ti to have MvC features. If, perhaps, you press attack+special you can summon the character to do an assist attack. If you press shield+special, you could switch out. Would be fun.

CommanderCody08

Smash Apprentice
I really hate auto-sweetspotting the ledge with up B; thats something I'd like to see gone. Lets make it so you can ledgaurd without leaving the stage.

And why can't stock be default? Why Why Why?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I really hate auto-sweetspotting the ledge with up B; thats something I'd like to see gone. Lets make it so you can ledgaurd without leaving the stage.

And why can't stock be default? Why Why Why?
o_o I never noticed that Stock was never default...Holy crap, that's a good question. I don't know anyone who prefers timed matches 24/7.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Is anyone listening to me!? I stated that I respect Sakurai... I admire him...

Competition is good, but it shouldn't be overdone...
I would love char switching...
And smash should be just as competitive as casual. Face the truth; it IS a pretty sweet party game...

Krystal... will be in...

majora_787

Smash Hero
Is anyone listening to me!? I stated that I respect Sakurai... I admire him...

Competition is good, but it shouldn't be overdone...
I would love char switching...
And smash should be just as competitive as casual. Face the truth; it IS a pretty sweet party game...

Krystal... will be in...
Yeah it is, and a pretty sweet fighter too.

Ridley will be in too, and I look forward to an epic battle between Ridley and a Starfox character in Norion. :laugh:

The character switching thing is awesome as an idea. Pick 3, and then use the left D-pad button to switch between the living options. :D Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom