• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sure, there are a bunch more than you'd think. Birdo, Bowser Junior. Hell, any character from the Yoshi series could be given a moveset.
Birdo and Bowser Jr. are both Mario characters. Baby Bowser is from Yoshi's Island, and Birdo has never appeared in any Yoshi game.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Idk about you guys but If we had to take a character out of brawls roster who wouldn't be in ssb4 I vote on PT. XD
i don't use PT in brawl at all, but i love the idea.
it's awesome.
i hope they don't abandon it.

p.s. birdo is in no way related to yoshi. lol
(i love double dash, but wtf??)

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
The problem is that you can't satifsy everyone in terms of characters...
Hence why I said, "Imagine" you dumb sack of ****.

... without turning Smash Bros. into DBZ fighting game.

I would prefer it this way. More characters=more fun.

Another thing I don't get is the people that suggest bizarre or obscure third-party characters for Smash Bros. such as Phoenix Wright.
If people like a series, they'll suggest characters. And what does it matter? It's not like they have the power anyway.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
What's wrong with having more characters? It would of been much better than spending most of the development time making the SSE.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hence why I said, "Imagine" you dumb sack of ****.

I would prefer it this way. More characters=more fun.

If people like a series, they'll suggest characters. And what does it matter? It's not like they have the power anyway.
So having a different opinion warrants you insulting me.

Ostro

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7252-9309-8314
Needs moar character balancing.

Yoshi, for example, needs a real 3rd jump and a normal shield. Complete with Yoshi bomb out of it, and a quick exit animation.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
I hope they keep everyone from Brawl.

and add King K. Rool.

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi actually sounds very interesting. Extremely.

Bowser Jr. is definitely viable.

Maybe the rest of the DK crew? maybe Cranky? If not, at least give them some good stages, ffs.

Skull Kid from Zelda would be interesting tool.

Then there are all of the other third party suggestions like Megaman, Crash Bandicoot etc. that I doubt will ever be in a smash bros game so I won't bother. Except..Frogger.

Yes, Frogger. God tier Frogger.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Most of the characters you/we suggest for SSB4 would make great Assist Trophies.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Wow...Knuckle Joe is a powerful Assist Trophy.

The Kirby representation in Brawl was amazing. Even the Assist Trophy was Top Tier.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
I'm confused. People do realise it's called Super Smash Bros not Super Mario Bros right?

I mean I pay no attention to Nintendo save this game and even then I'm only a little into it. But they must be solid in other places then Mario characters right? They must have a whole host of other good characters? Right? Right?????

Please tell me it's only a case of people suggesting almost nothing but Mario Characters (And mostly clones at that Baby Mario, Luigi, AND Bowser? *SNORE*) because they're small minded and have no imagination...

Or does every good Nintendo game or series of games ALREADY have a character or several in Smash? Because that's seriously depressing to think.

At the very least if they have no games left to tap into I'd much rather see 1 character each from the series that only have 1 or 2 characters in it then see Mario and Friends break Double Digits.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I'm confused. People do realise it's called Super Smash Bros not Super Mario Bros right?

I mean I pay no attention to Nintendo save this game and even then I'm only a little into it. But they must be solid in other places then Mario characters right? They must have a whole host of other good characters? Right? Right?????

Please tell me it's only a case of people suggesting almost nothing but Mario Characters (And mostly clones at that Baby Mario, Luigi, AND Bowser? *SNORE*) because they're small minded and have no imagination...

Or does every good Nintendo game or series of games ALREADY have a character or several in Smash? Because that's seriously depressing to think.

At the very least if they have no games left to tap into I'd much rather see 1 character each from the series that only have 1 or 2 characters in it then see Mario and Friends break Double Digits.
No, K. Rool, Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh, Ridley, and Krystal are all popular characters round here, but it should be the Pokemon that you should be worried about breaking into double digits.

justaway12

Smash Master
No, K. Rool, Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh, Ridley, and Krystal are all popular characters round here, but it should be the Pokemon that you should be worried about breaking into double digits.
it's a good thing no body suggesting those characters anymore they got slightly annoying BUT WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK BOWSER JR.'S GOING TO BE A CLONE

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
yeah... i love what they did with PT and how it works. it's a great idea...
but pokemon are beginning to dominate the char select screen haha

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice
Skull Kid should be his own character because, let's face it, it would be cooler that having two Links.
:/

Skull Kid is a character that only showed any sort of real importance in MM and is largely irrelevant today. He'll be even more obscure in 6 years time.

Also, Tingle > Skull Kid.

Spire

III
BRoomer
:/

Skull Kid is a character that only showed any sort of real importance in MM and is largely irrelevant today. He'll be even more obscure in 6 years time.

Also, Tingle > Skull Kid.
I can't particularly agree with you. While it's not definite that Skull Kid would ever return with a prominent role in the series, he has made on-and-off appearances since ALttP (even though no one really recognized him until OoT), placing him three games ahead of MM, in which Tingle coincidentally debuted. If Skull Kid returns with a prominent role in a future Zelda game, I can almost assure you a spot for him on the roster.

After all, he was in the last console Zelda, and played quite an important (albeit small) role in the game. Link would not have obtained the Master Sword without him. Now doesn't that say a lot? Of course, you can argue that without Tingle, Link would not have assemble the Triforce of Courage (or Wisdom, can't remember) in WW, so essentially at this point in time, I hold them in equal regards, despite my preference for Skully over Tingle.

However, if you take into account Purlo from TP, to be the realistic rendition of Tingle, then you would have to compare his importance in TP to Skull Kid's, and that easily bumps Skully's a level above Tingle's, and seeing as how neither of them were present in PH, Skull Kid obviously prevails at this time.

Skull Kid is basically Zelda's Wario, a sort of anti-hero. Tingle can be seen as Zelda's Toad, a loopy little helper. Who got a spot in Brawl?

Of course, if a new, important character is introduced in Zelda Wii, expect them to get priority over anyone else. That is, of course, if Sakurai doesn't like the idea of a new Zelda rep, but rather replacing Toon Link with another Link, as Toonboy replaced Young Link.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well epona will be an assist trophy lol
i just wanna play the **** song now...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
So then why would he make a poll in japan?
Well, considering that Sakurai lives and works there, and Japan's not that big of a place...I'd say it was out of convenience.

Another thing I don't get is the people that suggest bizarre or obscure third-party characters for Smash Bros. such as Phoenix Wright.
People will want who they want, regardless of how crazy it might sound...though Smash has been a bit unpredictable as of late. :bee: There's no right or wrong way to wish for Smash Bros.

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather have character balance sorted more than too much new stuff. I don't want a character in SSS tier or something like that (unless it was Link, then I'd be fine but SSB seems to hate him).

I'd be nice to see Skull Kid, Majora's Mask is a must though. Without it, I think he'd be a little dull. I wonder if we'll be suprised by another 3rd party character or recieve another retro one.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Skull Kid >> Tingle. By far.

I do agree that each game should have unique physics. My vote is for EXTREME smash bros. XD

Characters SHOULD PROBABLY have the MOST RECENT set of items and weapons, in my opinion.

Okay, anyone who has ever played Clash of Ninja 2 for the Gamecube will see this...In the game you can play as a puppy. What's wrong with that? WHO wants to kick a puppy to death? Well who wants to **** up a pair of babies with a falcon punch??

You have to look at it from that kind of angle or it will seem flawless. Everything else is the same way.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I can't particularly agree with you. While it's not definite that Skull Kid would ever return with a prominent role in the series, he has made on-and-off appearances since ALttP (even though no one really recognized him until OoT), placing him three games ahead of MM, in which Tingle coincidentally debuted. If Skull Kid returns with a prominent role in a future Zelda game, I can almost assure you a spot for him on the roster.

After all, he was in the last console Zelda, and played quite an important (albeit small) role in the game. Link would not have obtained the Master Sword without him. Now doesn't that say a lot? Of course, you can argue that without Tingle, Link would not have assemble the Triforce of Courage (or Wisdom, can't remember) in WW, so essentially at this point in time, I hold them in equal regards, despite my preference for Skully over Tingle.

However, if you take into account Purlo from TP, to be the realistic rendition of Tingle, then you would have to compare his importance in TP to Skull Kid's, and that easily bumps Skully's a level above Tingle's, and seeing as how neither of them were present in PH, Skull Kid obviously prevails at this time.

Skull Kid is basically Zelda's Wario, a sort of anti-hero. Tingle can be seen as Zelda's Toad, a loopy little helper. Who got a spot in Brawl?

Of course, if a new, important character is introduced in Zelda Wii, expect them to get priority over anyone else. That is, of course, if Sakurai doesn't like the idea of a new Zelda rep, but rather replacing Toon Link with another Link, as Toonboy replaced Young Link.
I agree. Skull kid would be a great addition. As long as Zelda wii doesn't introduce anyone hugely important or a character that would be able to fit in (The main reason I think wolf link+midna or Midna alone wasn't added) then Skull kid should be able to get in.

Though, If another important Zelda WW/Phantom hourglass character comes up (which could be the style of game Zelda wii will be) then I think he would ALSO have priority of skull kid.

-:bowser:Bowser King

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

What? *shakes head

First off, if there is a secondary antagonist to the Zelda series, its Vaati. Secondly, if there is an anti-Link it is most definitely Tingle. Tingle is in his late 30's, Link is in his teens. Tingle is cowardly, Link is brave. Tingle waits for people to meet him, Link searches out over people. Tingle is weak and relies on other people to fight for him, Link is pretty much mostly by himself. Tingle IS the anti-Link. Also, if you actually think the Skull Kid (the Majora's Mask one) is more important than Tingle, please keep in mind that Tingle has a already had two games to date.

Also, Skull Kid has made as many appearances in Zelda games as Anju and Dampe have, and each game they have been in there has been a sidequest revolving around them. Are they important? Skull Kid was merely a side-character in Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. The only game he was an important character in was Majora's Mask. Please don't let fanboyism cloud your analysis. Skull Kid (Majora's Mask) is more suited to be an Assist Trophy than a full-character.

majora_787

Smash Hero
What? *shakes head

First off, if there is a secondary antagonist to the Zelda series, its Vaati. Secondly, if there is an anti-Link it is most definitely Tingle. Tingle is in his late 30's, Link is in his teens. Tingle is cowardly, Link is brave. Tingle waits for people to meet him, Link searches out over people. Tingle is weak and relies on other people to fight for him, Link is pretty much mostly by himself. Tingle IS the anti-Link. Also, if you actually think the Skull Kid (the Majora's Mask one) is more important than Tingle, please keep in mind that Tingle has a already had two games to date.

Also, Skull Kid has made as many appearances in Zelda games as Anju and Dampe have, and each game they have been in there has been a sidequest revolving around them. Are they important? Skull Kid was merely a side-character in Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. The only game he was an important character in was Majora's Mask. Please don't let fanboyism cloud your analysis. Skull Kid (Majora's Mask) is more suited to be an Assist Trophy than a full-character.
In Ocarina of Time he was a side quest character, but in Twilight Princess he helped get the Master Sword. And I think you're letting your love for a fat middle-aged man in green spandex cloud YOUR judgement.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
In Ocarina of Time he was a side quest character, but in Twilight Princess he helped get the Master Sword. And I think you're letting your love for a fat middle-aged man in green spandex cloud YOUR judgement.
*facepalm

I don't like Tingle at all, but you have to realize that Tingle is a more re-occurring character than Skull Kid. In Wind Waker, he is pretty much needed to complete the game, and in Majora's Mask you need him for any maps at all of the overworld and the surrounding areas. Tingle also is constantly stalking you throughout Four Swords Adventures. In Minish Cap, he is simply a sidequest character and can be avoided entirely. I am not sure about the role Tingle played in Oracle of Seasons though. Also, keep in mind that Tingle has been the main hero of two games. How many secondary Zelda characters can claim that?

majora_787

Smash Hero
*facepalm

I don't like Tingle at all, but you have to realize that Tingle is a more re-occurring character than Skull Kid. In Wind Waker, he is pretty much needed to complete the game, and in Majora's Mask you need him for any maps at all of the overworld and the surrounding areas. Tingle also is constantly stalking you throughout Four Swords Adventures. In Minish Cap, he is simply a sidequest character and can be avoided entirely. I am not sure about the role Tingle played in Oracle of Seasons though. Also, keep in mind that Tingle has been the main hero of two games. How many secondary Zelda characters can claim that?
It had to be done, always has to be done when people say loving Tingle is okay and loving Skull Kid is worthless fanboyism. ^^

Also, Tingle is not more recurring. At the worst I would say they've APPEARED in about the same number of games, EXCLUDING the rupee land game.

I don't know where you got TWO games from.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It had to be done, always has to be done when people say loving Tingle is okay and loving Skull Kid is worthless fanboyism. ^^

Also, Tingle is not more recurring. At the worst I would say they've APPEARED in about the same number of games, EXCLUDING the rupee land game.

I don't know where you got TWO games from.
Games each character has appeared in:

Skull Kid:
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Twilight Princess (which is most likely a different Skull Kid and not the one from OoT/MM)

Tingle:
Majora's Mask
Oracle of Seasons
Wind Waker
Four Swords Adventures
Minish Cap
Rupeeland
Tingle's Balloon Fight

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I despise Tingle and love Vaati, but I fully regognize the only Zelda character with a chance of getting in is Tingle.

I'd prefer if we had no new Zelda rep, as there really is noone worthy. Adding a 5th Zelda rep would mainly be for the sake of keeping the series up with Mario and Pokemon. Heck, Young/Toon Link's additions are pretty much just for that, not even they deserve to really be there.

Just do us all a favor and do the one thing with Zelda everybody wants and would prefer to the horrible choices for a 5th Zelda character: Give Ganondorf a new moveset.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Games each character has appeared in:

Skull Kid:
Ocarina of Time <-- A few very short side quests, as well as the mask quest.
Majora's Mask <-- Main antagonist.
Twilight Princess <-- Guided Link to the Master Sword and Temple of Time. Necessary and somewhat important.

Tingle:
Majora's Mask <---Sold maps. Not necessary.
Oracle of Seasons <---Sold an ocean map, optional, but recommended.
Wind Waker <---Tingle Tuner, unecessary.
Four Swords Adventures <---Tried to steal force gems. Uhhm...how is that major? It sounds like Takurri...almost.
Minish Cap...Optional, Kinstones.
Never heard of the last one, Rupeeland was japan only and looked horrible, and also was out of LoZ format horribly.

Skull Kid gets two points, and Tingle gets...Well, the Ocean Map is RECOMMENDED...so one point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom