• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
It all boils down to Bowser Jr. vs Paper Mario.

Paper Mario is more likely to actually get in, but Bowser Jr. would be better accepted.

Geno is just the dream of fanboys.

Agreed.

My vote is for Bowser, Jr. He went from what we thought would be a throwaway character 1st introduced in Super Mario Sunshine to a major enemy in almost every Mario game since. He's like Wario! 2nd rate baddie to a bigger name character. His roles in Galaxy and New SMB warrant his inclusion in some form for 4.

Aaaand, unlike Waluigi, he isn't annoying.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Hmm, I like that list you have SmashChu. I really don't have any qualms with it, especially since my reservations against a playable Ridley have been fading lately. The only thing I'd like to know is under what franchise would a playable Geno go under? His own unique thing or the Mushroom that signifies "Mario Bros."?
Well, it's not so much that "These are the characters I want" but "These are the characters I think will make it." To answer your question, he will probably be part of the Mario group.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
@ SmashChu: While I would be happy to see it, I seriously doubt Geno will ever make it. I've never played his game, and only know him from this site, but I'd accept him being in. But honestly, I doubt that he'll make it. From what I'd expect, there wouldn't be more than one guest from each company. It's possible, but I doubt it. And if Square wants someone in the next smash, I doubt it'll be a character with one real appearance in any game. Sure, he's had a cameo here or there, but he's got one game. Also, this game's like 15 years old, almost. IF they get only one character, wouldn't they push for someone more modern? I would honestly expect someone like Sora over him, though I'm not sure how I feel on that. Not to diss a Geno fan, cause I know how they can get over him, but I really don't think it's all that likely.
The problem is you assume that SE has some power over the roster. They don't. They can ***** and moan all they want but if Sakurai doesn't want to add an FF character then he won't. If they get any character from SQ, it will be Geno.

Jigglypuff's popularity was influeneced by the animé. The moment its significance in the show ended, its worldwide popularity ended. Jigglypuff is only mildly hyped about in the SSB community, hardly at all in the Pokémon community.
No, other way around. She got into the anime because she was popular. The reason Pikachu was the poster boy of Pokemon was because Pikachu was popular.

Sakurai himself said that he thought 50 characters in Smash 4 wouldn't warrant a sequel, and keep in mind Sakurai counts transformations as separate characters (he said Brawl had 39 characters earlier in the interview). So, I would guess Smash 4 would have 45 characters not including transformations, since including all of Brawl's transformations would put the entire roster at 49.
No, you got the quote wrong. He said he would not make another Smash Brothers game just to add character. He means that the next game will have something new. He'll add a lot of characters, but he won't make it for that purpose.

Star Fox DOES NOT deseve four characters.
Neither did Mother a second, and where are my Metroid and F-Zero characters.

Look, the problem is that everyone starts talking about what franchises deserve. If we are going by that, there needs to be more Mario and Pokemon characters because they are defiantly under representative. Also, cut a FE character. They only need one, same for Mother. Kirby and Donkey Kong could go for another. F-Zero and Metroid need more too.

Arguing that a franchises needs less or more characters is stupid since none of the franchises come close to what they actually should be. Each character must be looked at for their own merit, and that is what I think Sakurai does.

Paper Mario is just the dream of fanboys.
Fixed that up for you. There, better.

Geno is the most likely Mario character by far. Besides him, most fall to the way side. The only reason he wouldn't get him is if SE doesn't hand over the rights. No one wants Paper Mario. That is a fact. We have a better chance of Dr. Mario coming back then Paper Mario coming in. He just does not have the popularity.

If not Geno, expect Waluigi or Bowser Jr. I think Waluigi is a little more likely, but I'll have to see how popular he is.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Geno is the most likely Mario character by far. Besides him, most fall to the way side. The only reason he wouldn't get him is if SE doesn't hand over the rights. No one wants Paper Mario. That is a fact. We have a better chance of Dr. Mario coming back then Paper Mario coming in. He just does not have the popularity.

If not Geno, expect Waluigi or Bowser Jr. I think Waluigi is a little more likely, but I'll have to see how popular he is.
I'm probably wrong here, but didn't Geno's popularity for appearing in Brawl suddenly appear one day when one person said he would be a good character, then lots of other people began agreeing, until 'everyone' wanted him in?

Also, unless they imported it, Mario RPG was only released in Europe a few months ago, so a lot of the people who agreed Geno should be in were doing so for the sake of agreeing- they knew nothing about his character.

Paper Mario is far more deserving than Geno; Bowser jr. is more deserving than Walugi.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Honestly, looking at it now, I think Paper variants of the Mario cast could work much better as ATs.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
No, other way around. She got into the anime because she was popular.
You're sorely mistaken. It wasn't put in the animé because it was popular...heck, all of the Pokémon are put into the animé. It's Pokémon; as long as you don't have Porygon in your name, if you're a Pokémon, you will be put into the animé or movies at some point. Every 1st-3rd gen Pokémon (again, except Porygon2) has been in the animé or movies, and the 4th gen Pokémon (except maybe Porygon-Z) aren't missing a beat either, so Jigglypuff was going to appear, just like major Pokémon like Pikachu and Charizard, and random filler Pokémon like Stantler and Caterpie...all have appeared.

Once Jigglypuff appeared, the writers decided to make it a recurring character, complete with its gags; singing to the main characters because it wants them to hear it's song, accidentally putting them to sleep, getting angry and drawing on their faces. This gag became a staple, and it propelled Jigglypuff's popularity. So it would continue to reappear, do its thing, and we'd all laugh and laugh and continue to by its merchandise, from key chains to stickers to plush toys.

Then...250 episodes later...it got old...and a majority of us got tired of it...and now that Jigglypuff has stopped appearing in the animé.

Stale comic relief only goes so far.

Sooooooooo....yeah... :/ The animé's overexposure of Jigglypuff contributed to Jigglypuff's epic fanbase at the time, warranting it's inclusion into Smash 64...and now we're stuck with it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm probably wrong here, but didn't Geno's popularity for appearing in Brawl suddenly appear one day when one person said he would be a good character, then lots of other people began agreeing, until 'everyone' wanted him in?

Also, unless they imported it, Mario RPG was only released in Europe a few months ago, so a lot of the people who agreed Geno should be in were doing so for the sake of agreeing- they knew nothing about his character.

Paper Mario is far more deserving than Geno; Bowser jr. is more deserving than Walugi.
It came from Sakurai's "poll". I know, I was there. There are people who will support anything that is popular in Japan which is why there are so many Western Smash fans that support Takamaru and Sukapon despite most of them having never played Nazo no Murasame or Joy Mecha Fight.

Up until the "poll", Geno was hardly requested among the Western Smash Bros. fanbase.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Each character must be looked at for their own merit, and that is what I think Sakurai does.
I...actually agree with you about that!

And now I disagree. People do want Paper Mario (please don't resort to those huge blanket statements *likecoughWarlord:pcough*); he had a nice little following pre-Brawl. Paper Mario is currently a popular franchise that I can see Nintendo wanting to continue to promote in the future. Geno on the other hand...by the time the next Smash Bros. rolls around would be extremely old news then.

You're sorely mistaken. It wasn't put in the animé because it was popular...heck, all of the Pokémon are put into the animé. It's Pokémon; as long as you don't have Porygon in your name, if you're a Pokémon, you will be put into the animé or movies at some point. Every 1st-3rd gen Pokémon (again, except Porygon2) has been in the animé or movies, and the 4th gen Pokémon (except maybe Porygon-Z) aren't missing a beat either, so Jigglypuff was going to appear, just like major Pokémon like Pikachu and Charizard, and random filler Pokémon like Stantler and Caterpie...all have appeared.

Once Jigglypuff appeared, the writers decided to make it a recurring character, complete with its gags; singing to the main characters because it wants them to hear it's song, accidentally putting them to sleep, getting angry and drawing on their faces. This gag became a staple, and it propelled Jigglypuff's popularity. So it would continue to reappear, do its thing, and we'd all laugh and laugh and continue to by its merchandise, from key chains to stickers to plush toys.

Then...250 episodes later...it got old...and a majority of us got tired of it...and now that Jigglypuff has stopped appearing in the animé.

Sooooooooo....yeah... :/ The animé's overexposure of Jigglypuff contributed to Jigglypuff's epic fanbase at the time, warranting it's inclusion into Smash 64...and now we're stuck with it.
Is it possible that they gave Jigglypuff the recurring role because she was a popular Pokemon? As SmashChu said earlier, Pikachu wasn't originally going to be Ash's main Pokemon (Clefairy was), but they realized that Pikachu was popular among fans.

D

Deleted member

And now I disagree. People do want Paper Mario (please don't resort to those huge blanket statements *likecoughWarlord:pcough*); he had a nice little following pre-Brawl. Paper Mario is currently a popular franchise that I can see Nintendo wanting to continue to promote in the future. Geno on the other hand...by the time the next Smash Bros. rolls around would be extremely old news then.
Pit is extremely old news, people wanted him in Melee. Did it happen? lolz no, but he made a comeback in Brawl. When was his game? '86? '87? That's aboot 20 years right there, my brother.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Pit is extremely old news, people wanted him in Melee. Did it happen? lolz no, but he made a comeback in Brawl. When was his game? '86? '87? That's aboot 20 years right there, my brother.
He represents his own franchise, though. He didn't have competition from a more current representative of the franchise, like Geno would if people are suggesting that he represent the Mario franchise.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Is it possible that they gave Jigglypuff the recurring role because she was a popular Pokemon? As SmashChu said earlier, Pikachu wasn't originally going to be Ash's main Pokemon (Clefairy was), but they realized that Pikachu was popular among fans.
That's not how SmashChu stated it. It sounded as if Jiggs was put in the animé due to its prior fanbase.

Not all of the recurring Pokémon in the animé were popular 1st before the animé. Meowth is the perfect example. Wobbuffet could be another. But Meowth is a prime example.

Actually, his last game was Kid Icarus for the Game Boy which came out in 92? I'm not counting any remakes to the original.

gantrain05

Smash Master
geno sucks, he's not significant to anything, not a nintendo character, and has no chance to get into smash, fanboyism doesn't mean he gets in. sorry geno fans.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
That's not how SmashChu stated it. It sounded as if Jiggs was put in the animé due to its prior fanbase.

Not all of the recurring Pokémon in the animé were popular 1st before the animé. Meowth is the perfect example. Wobbuffet could be another. But Meowth is a prime example.
Well, I think that's what he meant. You're right about some Pokemon not being popular before the anime...I just have a feeling Jigglypuff, as one of the cute mascot types, already had a large following and that's why they gave her the recurring role. Who really knows though?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Bowser Jr. is definitely more likely than Geno. Sakurai seems to have tried and failed to acquire Geno, if those rumors are true. Bowser Jr. is the next in line, so to speak, as he has moveset potential and importance and popularity. He can wield his paintbrush, and bring mindgames to the game, as his paint moves could slow down characters and trip them sometimes. And even if Sakurai is lazy again, he is easier to clone than Paper Mario.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

No, Geno was always popular. there were lots of discussion on him prior to Brawl's announcement and a lots of upset people when the debate ended and he was proven to be owned by Square Enix. He is also really popular in Japan.

Ummm, your totally wrong. Jigglypuff was the second most popular pokemon in Japan who rivaled Pikachu's popularity. The reason Pokemon are featured in the animes and movies is because they are popular or are legendary. The reason Lucario was added is because he was popular; the movie is evidence to this.

I don't when the heck you can up with that story, but it is wrong. Jigglypuff was always popular in Japan.

I...actually agree with you about that!

No, Paper Mario was never popular.

Here's the thing. Too often there are characters who people think are popular becuase they hear the name pop up in a single message board, but they really aren't. These include Lip, Tom Nook, Masked Man, and Black Knight. paper Mario is one of them. Again, check out the poll here (closed now) and you'll see he ranked pretty low. Geno is the most popular Mario character by far.
Well, I didn't say that, but, yes, I;ve heard the Pikachu thing was true. I'm not sure it was going to be Clefairy, but from what I know Pikachu was added because people really liked it.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
I actually think it would be a good idea if Kirby's copy abilities were based on the ones in the games. For example, eating Meta Knight would make you Sword Kirby, while eating Bowser makes you Fire Kirby.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Ummm, your totally wrong. Jigglypuff was the second most popular pokemon in Japan who rivaled Pikachu's popularity. The reason Pokemon are featured in the animes and movies is because they are popular or are legendary. The reason Lucario was added is because he was popular; the movie is evidence to this.
Ummm...wow. I'm done. By your logic, only popular Pokémon are included in the anime...so everyone of them must be the bees v@gin@ then. Cause all of them are and will be featured.

Lesser Pokémon like Ditto and Shuckle have even had episodes solely based on them...not because, ya know, every Pokémon is to be featured at some point, but because that particular Pokémon is more popular than the others.

Lucario being featured only because its popular? Do you even watch or play Pokémon?! The animé was always going to feature Lucario at some point because at least TWO characters from the game use Lucario as their main Pokémon, and both of those characters had to be featured in the animé, so of course, Lucario would be.

Why was Magmar first featured on the show? Popularity? No, because it was a feature Pokémon for a Gym Battle.

Why was Dratini featured in the anime? Because it was hyper popular? No, because it was a feature Pokémon for the Safari Zone episode, where in the video games, Dratini can be found.

Why was Farfetch'd featured in an episode of Pokémon? Because it was popular? Do you even know WTF a Farfetch'd is?! It's the example of anti-popularity...and it had an entire episode based on it.

Popularity make the Pokémon appear in the animé? So why has Ratatta, Weedle, Qwilfish, LUVDISC...God, so many unpopular Pokémon have appeared with entire episodes dedicated only to them!!

Face it, Pokémon are introduced in the cartoon because its a show about POKEMON! Even the most useless, most forgettable Pokémon have been, or will be (in the case of Diamond/Pearl) featured in this show!

The show's about three trainers travelling around catching and battling monsters. Each season is like 60 episodes, with 3-5 seasons per generation. You know the writers are going to have room for every single Pokémon to appear, and not just the ones that are Legendary or "popular". Jigglypuff was no different. The animé just cemented its "then" popularity.

Close to 500 Pokémon, and at least 440 of them have appeared within the show or the movies...and still counting...and only the popular ones are to appear on the show...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
No, Paper Mario was never popular.

Here's the thing. Too often there are characters who people think are popular becuase they hear the name pop up in a single message board, but they really aren't. These include Lip, Tom Nook, Masked Man, and Black Knight. paper Mario is one of them. Again, check out the poll here (closed now) and you'll see he ranked pretty low. Geno is the most popular Mario character by far.
Geno is one of those characters that I hear is popular only on message boards. A lot more people on the other hand know about Paper Mario (essentially because he is Mario). The Paper Mario series has sold very well and still is, and I think that particular section of the franchise is worthy enough to be represented (with more priority over Geno, if it comes down to it). Paper Mario represents the franchise better, IMHO.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Geno is one of those characters that I hear is popular only on message boards. A lot more people on the other hand know about Paper Mario (essentially because he is Mario). The Paper Mario series has sold very well and still is, and I think that particular section of the franchise is worthy enough to be represented (with more priority over Geno, if it comes down to it). Paper Mario represents the franchise better, IMHO.
I concur.

Also, Paper Mario is actually Intelligent System's highest selling series now.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Another thing,

@WolfCypher: Anime episodes take a while to produce. Jigglypuff was featured a lot during the first season it premiered in (even in the episode right after it debuted). The first Japanese episodes premiered weekly. This means that Jigglypuff was already originally planned to have a recurring role before its anime debut. I doubt a week is enough time to get fan feedback reaction from only the debut episode, then quickly animate Jigglypuff into several of the next couple of episodes. I just don't think that's how it works. Do you have an alternate explanation?

EDIT:

The Song of Jigglypuff (Jigglypuff's anime debut) - Broadcast date: Japan May 21, 1998

Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon (the next episode, which Jigglypuff also appeared in) - Broadcast date: Japan May 28, 1998

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I don't know if this was the format during the early episodes, but the studio(s) that do Pokémon now can have multiple episodes ready per week. If and only if this was the case back then, that could be my argument...but its not...

I don't deny that Jigglypuff was never meant to be a recurring character, but once the feedback was positive, it lasted longer than the writers had planned. There are other examples of Pokémon that went down this route (the returning Snubbull and the Whismur of Hoenn) but I'm guessing the fans didn't take to them as they did with Jiggs, so they were put to bed early.

All I can do is assume here, but I assume if the fans hadn't reacted positively to Jiggs, it wouldn't have followed the trio from Kanto to the Orange Islands to Johto aaaaaalllll the way to Hoenn, spanning over 100 episodes. My guess? And this is only my guess...after the first produced episodes, the Jigglypuff gag would have died out sooner than it did, but the fans liked Jigglypuff.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I don't know if this was the format during the early episodes, but the studio(s) that do Pokémon now can have multiple episodes ready per week. If and only if this was the case back then, that could be my argument...but its not...

I don't deny that Jigglypuff was never meant to be a recurring character, but once the feedback was positive, it lasted longer than the writers had planned. There are other examples of Pokémon that went down this route (the returning Snubbull and the Whismur of Hoenn) but I'm guessing the fans didn't take to them as they did with Jiggs, so they were put to bed early.

All I can do is assume here, but I assume if the fans hadn't reacted positively to Jiggs, it wouldn't have followed the trio from Kanto to the Orange Islands to Johto aaaaaalllll the way to Hoenn, spanning over 100 episodes. My guess? And this is only my guess...after the first produced episodes, the Jigglypuff gag would have died out sooner than it did, but the fans liked Jigglypuff.
I can live with that :bee:

(Jigglypuff appeared in Hoenn?)

As for Jigglypuff/Purin's popularity getting her into Smash Bros., I won't deny that because I don't have any evidence to the contrary. Super Smash Bros. was released in Japan on January 21, 1999, less than a year after Jigglypuff's anime debut (if you can extrapolate anything from that at all).

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Yes Jiggs made it alll the way to Hoenn. In one episode, it sung to a Whismur. Whismur is immune to sound-based moves, so Sing didn't put it to sleep. It finally found an active audience to sing to.

This took place in Hoenn.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
If SSB4 is on the next Nintendo console, they might be able to have downloadable content. Downloadable characters would be nice, because then the roster wouldn't be set in stone. Maybe have a Melee mode (that doesn't need to be downloaded) that has all of Melee's gameplay mechanics.

xDavid

Smash Cadet
I hope for more costumes, like how Wario got two and diffrent colors for them.

It would be sick to see Link get that red and gold armor from TP.

majora_787

Smash Hero
If SSB4 is on the next Nintendo console, they might be able to have downloadable content. Downloadable characters would be nice, because then the roster wouldn't be set in stone. Maybe have a Melee mode (that doesn't need to be downloaded) that has all of Melee's gameplay mechanics.
If they made SSB4 full of downloadable content, there would be no smash 5. We would just wait for new downloads. :laugh:

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
What people need to realize and accept is that when they want new characters, they have to know that each character needs a moveset that is (preferably) unique and entirely their own, which can be tough for a developer to come up with (one of my relative's is one).

Also, note that Nintendo isn't realistically going to include many of the characters that most fans want.

What we need most is some sort of list or something to organize this, and it would be preferable to make seperate threads dedicated to each individual section of SSB4 like Nintendo WFC, Character Cast, Gameplay, etc.. This would stop a majority of the chaos on this thread, because as we all know this post is just going to get lost in the shuffle. Nobody's opinions are really heard or discussed because the next page starts and we just repeat the same processes. Every now and then we actually pay attention, but seldom do most conflicts last more than 5 or 6 posts before getting lost in the insanity.

What I'm saying is that we need to be realistic with our wants and desires, and need to aim for some organization, as well.

Perhaps a mod should be contacted?

majora_787

Smash Hero
What people need to realize and accept is that when they want new characters, they have to know that each character needs a moveset that is (preferably) unique and entirely their own, which can be tough for a developer to come up with (one of my relative's is one).

Also, note that Nintendo isn't realistically going to include many of the characters that most fans want.

What we need most is some sort of list or something to organize this, and it would be preferable to make seperate threads dedicated to each individual section of SSB4 like Nintendo WFC, Character Cast, Gameplay, etc.. This would stop a majority of the chaos on this thread, because as we all know this post is just going to get lost in the shuffle. Nobody's opinions are really heard or discussed because the next page starts and we just repeat the same processes. Every now and then we actually pay attention, but seldom do most conflicts last more than 5 or 6 posts before getting lost in the insanity.

What I'm saying is that we need to be realistic with our wants and desires, and need to aim for some organization, as well.

Perhaps a mod should be contacted?
You can contact a mod, I don't think the mods like me here. :laugh:

Anyway, very organzed. I like it.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
i think that the only thrid party seris that should get chartaters is sonic. Lets face the facts sonic is know world wide right next to mario. He is more know then alot of the nentendo charaters. I think deep down everone wants more sonic charaters in the game because everone loves them. AND ssb would get alot more fans. When you think about it when a soinc game comes out most of the time the best version of the game ends up being for the nentendo system. and the soinc charaters fit in to. I say more soinc charaters.

majora_787

Smash Hero
i think that the only thrid party seris that should get chartaters is sonic. Lets face the facts sonic is know world wide right next to mario. He is more know then alot of the nentendo charaters. I think deep down everone wants more sonic charaters in the game because everone loves them. AND ssb would get alot more fans. When you think about it when a soinc game comes out most of the time the best version of the game ends up being for the nentendo system. and the soinc charaters fit in to. I say more soinc charaters.
I do feel Knuckles should be in smash, I mean...he's made for fighting. o_o

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
90% of all characters are. Characters like Paper Mario are only popular on message boards. However, remember that Geno is dominate in the Japanese sphere.

I concur.

Also, Paper Mario is actually Intelligent System's highest selling series now.
I wanted to mention this. Just because more people know of a character does not mean people want them. No one want's Paper Mario. Just because Paper Mario sold well does not mean people want Paper Mario now. It does not work that way sadly. Advance has done well (perhaps better then Fire Emblem) yet it still does not have a character.

Remember, the roster does not go by sales. In that case, Lucas should be cut first. Followed by Ike.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
90% of all characters are. Characters like Paper Mario are only popular on message boards. However, remember that Geno is dominate in the Japanese sphere.

I wanted to mention this. Just because more people know of a character does not mean people want them. No one want's Paper Mario. Just because Paper Mario sold well does not mean people want Paper Mario now. It does not work that way sadly. Advance has done well (perhaps better then Fire Emblem) yet it still does not have a character.

Remember, the roster does not go by sales. In that case, Lucas should be cut first. Followed by Ike.
Of course the roster doesn't only go by sales, but if a series sells well, it's popular, isn't it? If we can't use message boards as a measure of popularity (like you said), then how can you say that a character isn't wanted at all?

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Eggman in one of his fighting mechs would be neat as well. It was sad that you only got to play as Eggman for 2 chapters in Sonic Chronicles
even though he took over the world when Sonic was gone which was super awesome of Eggman.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Of course the roster doesn't only go by sales, but if a series sells well, it's popular, isn't it? If we can't use message boards as a measure of popularity (like you said), then how can you say that a character isn't wanted at all?
No, it all depends on request. There isn't much correlation between sales and who gets in.

I'm not condoning message boards. It's the only way to get any kind of results outside of an official poll. The problem with Paper Mario is he is a character who has very little popularity, so naturally, he'll only be popular on message boards (where Geno will spill over).

@Kraryo:If Eggman were playable, I'd like to see him in the mech. it just screams Eggman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom