• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Sorry for the double post, but here's Round 3 of this wild speculation game. Here are my thoughts:

Donkey Kong Series - 4 Characters
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
- Dixie Kong
- King K. Rool

No long history lessons this time folks. That's good for me since I don't have to come up with something as elaborate as the last two groups. :laugh:

Now then, the reasoning for these guys is pretty straightforward. The Donkey Kong series has gone without full representation for quite some time now. It wasn't until Brawl that the notion of a playable Diddy Kong came to fruition for crying out loud! This series has one of the most profound influences on gaming in general (beginnings in Donkey Kong arcade, Donkey Kong Country's huge splash, Donkey Kong Country 2 for nostalgic gaming's sake and awesome music :D). There's also the idea that it's Nintendo’s 4th highest selling franchise behind Mario, Pokemon, & Legend of Zelda. So then, why is this series so highly under represented in Smash? You tell me.

Talking about the characters that need to be added though is pretty easy this time as well. Dixie Kong who pretty much came on the scene in one of the more memorable DKC games (Donkey Kong Country 2) and came into her own in the lesser but solid Donkey Kong Country 3 just sounds like a perfect fit. Her interesting character design would also lend way into a very interesting and unique fighting style. (Because seriously, using your hair to whip opponents just sounds hilarious and awesome after thinking about how well done Diddy was in Brawl.)

Then there's King K. Rool, the quirky but pivotal antagonist force for the Kongs. Leader of the Kremlings and seemingly always out to cause the Kongs trouble, you would think that he'd be the best fit for the mold of “series bad guy” that most franchises represented in Smash have gotten as of Brawl. He's certainly not going to be taken to the extreme of Bowser or Ganondorf in terms of badassery, but he's not going to be overly quirky like Wario or Dedede either, he'd be best suited settling in that middle ground with a moveset that reflects this nature.

Now the last thing that needs to be mentioned is whether or not you all think the DK series is big enough to warrant 4 reps and if not, who gets the 3rd spot? Discuss.

Also, I'll be putting up a list soon so you can see who, in my opinion after all consideration, should be in the next Smash.

Osi

Smash Ace
Here are characters I think should or will be removed/replaced:
*Wolf and/or *Falco: Star Fox is a dying franchise (Sonic is way more alive than Fox is) and three reps are too much. Krystal should be the only secondary SF character playable. Have Eggman, Tails, Knuckles, and maybe Amy as playable Sonic characters in SSB4.
Pokemon Trainer: He and his mon are more than likely get replaced by the most recent PT. But if stamina and forced switching is removed, then I won't miss the old PT that much.
Lucario: Will more than likely get replaced by the next super popular humanoid Pokemon that can fight with non-physical force.
*Jigglypuff: She's just been around for too long. They could use Jigglypuff's slot for a more deserving Pokemon like to have Mewtwo stay.
Ike: Probably will get replaced by latest FE dude.

Characters who have an * infront of their names are those I want gone.
Sonic was added last minute, and I doubt much of the next cast would come from a franchise outside of nintendo. I do agree that wolf needs to go, or be changed. Having fox/falco was a bit much, and wolf didn't do much to reinvent the space animal playstyle. I'd rather see krystal or slippy come in with a unique moveset. The starfox franchise has been dying off for a bit now.

PT I agree with too. I think he will be replace with a newer PT and 3 newer grass/fire/water types. I dislike lucario being in to be honest. I would have rather seen a abra class, ghost, or at least mew if they were replacing mewtwo. I really doubt jiggly ever leaves though hehe. It has had one of the more unique play styles in smash, but I hope they do change its sleep back.

Ike is kinda hard to say. He was a good replacement to differ from marth, but still be a main FE character with a sword to replace roy. I could see someone else taking the spot though. I'm hopeful they bring in some of the tales characters honestly.

Edit- With rare being owned by Microsoft now, (the donkey kong country series and it's characters were made by them) would there being any legal hassles bringing them over to a smash game now?

justaway12

Smash Master
Here are characters I think should or will be removed/replaced:
*Wolf and/or *Falco: Star Fox is a dying franchise (Sonic is way more alive than Fox is) and three reps are too much. Krystal should be the only secondary SF character playable. Have Eggman, Tails, Knuckles, and maybe Amy as playable Sonic characters in SSB4.
Pokemon Trainer: He and his mon are more than likely get replaced by the most recent PT. But if stamina and forced switching is removed, then I won't miss the old PT that much.
Lucario: Will more than likely get replaced by the next super popular humanoid Pokemon that can fight with non-physical force.
*Jigglypuff: She's just been around for too long. They could use Jigglypuff's slot for a more deserving Pokemon like to have Mewtwo stay.
Ike: Probably will get replaced by latest FE dude.

Characters who have an * infront of their names are those I want gone.

I don't think falco or wolf will be replaced sure they're kinda cloney but i don't think we'll be seeing the last of them

I'm surprised nobody said shadow i think he'll be a cloney version of sonic just like wolf or falco in this game but i thought at least one person was going to mention his guns, chaos control or his chaos spear but i don't think that many characters will be added

i think you're right about pokemon trainer although i'll be a bit sad i only know 1st gen pokemon i'll have no idea who the new pokemon are

i don't think jigglypuff will go even if she will go as well she was one of the original 12 characters and besides if anybody will be replaced for mewtwo i think lucario will be replaced by mewtwo

even though I'm not an absolute fan of the series i'm pretty sure ike is still the latest FE dude

and bkbestbwoy great list i think k.rool is defiantly in this game and dixie as well

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
With rare being owned by Microsoft now, (the donkey kong country series and it's characters were made by them) would there being any legal hassles bringing them over to a smash game now?
If you mean characters like Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, etc, then they won't be in Smash. Nintendo owns the characters created through Rare for Donkey Kong Country & 64 however, hence the Kremlings & K. Rool being in Mario Super Sluggers recently.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
She's been around too long? Then Mario, Luigi, Ness, Captain Falcon, Kirby, Pikachu, Yoshi, Samus, Link, Fox, and Donkey Kong should all be removed as well. That's a completely ridiculous and dumb argument to make.

:\

Scott!

Smash Lord
@ SmashChu: While I would be happy to see it, I seriously doubt Geno will ever make it. I've never played his game, and only know him from this site, but I'd accept him being in. But honestly, I doubt that he'll make it. From what I'd expect, there wouldn't be more than one guest from each company. It's possible, but I doubt it. And if Square wants someone in the next smash, I doubt it'll be a character with one real appearance in any game. Sure, he's had a cameo here or there, but he's got one game. Also, this game's like 15 years old, almost. IF they get only one character, wouldn't they push for someone more modern? I would honestly expect someone like Sora over him, though I'm not sure how I feel on that. Not to diss a Geno fan, cause I know how they can get over him, but I really don't think it's all that likely.

@ Kraryo: Jiggs must stay forever. An original member, and a fighter as unique as the one you would replace her with, Mewtwo. Plus, isn't Jiggy one of, if not the most popular Pokemon in Japan? Just because a lot of people over here don't love the puffball doesn't make her less worthy. Jiggs is awesome.

@ bksbestbwoy: Again, a good list. I don't know if DK would jump from 2 to 4 reps, though both are worthy. As for who would get it, it's really a toss-up. I would guess they'd go for the villain rather than the second sidekick (who stars once, yes, but still, most common role). But then again, Dixie was planned for Brawl in the super secret seven characters of magic and love, so who even knows? I say have both, but really, any of the three are possible.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Plus, isn't Jiggy one of, if not the most popular Pokemon in Japan?.
Jigglypuff's popularity was influeneced by the animé. The moment its significance in the show ended, its worldwide popularity ended. Jigglypuff is only mildly hyped about in the SSB community, hardly at all in the Pokémon community.

Scott!

Smash Lord
really... what is with that pride? lol
First off, gotta love the sig. The true stories are often the best.

As for the whole Geno thing, I guess it's just that his legions of fans see a unique character with lots of potential. They probably played his game when they were young, considering the game was for the SNES. It's older than some posters here, probably. Geno must have made an impression on them, and now they want him to get the recognition they think he deserves. We all have those characters from games we played years ago that we want to see again. For me, it's Banjo-Kazooie. Every time a challenger appeared in Melee, I hoped it was them, and was let down every time. Now, I know better, since they're off to greener, better-rendered, more detailed pastures on the 360. But I'd still love it if they made it. I also feel the same about Lloyd Irving, without the childhood memories. I love Tales of Symphonia, and since it has a sequel, and also Lloyd has made a guest appearance in Soul Calibur Legends, I want him in a Smash. Will it happen? Unlikely, but it doesn't stop me from wishing. I think it's something like that with the Geno people, only much more rabid. From a neutral point, looking at his history and importance, he's not gonna make it. But throw in his hordes of fans, and his chances go way up, from ~0% to something real.

tl;dr: Geno fans know that he isn't important enough to make it without support, and so they give it to him whenever they can.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
OK, so I finally wrote out the master list i had in my mind for a SSB4 and after considering a lot of the opinions I've gotten from you all, I guess it'd only be fair for me to post it so you can see where I'm eventually gonna go with my series by series breakdowns. Comments are appreciated though and remember that everyone there has reasons for being there. If not there are notes on the side that say otherwise. (Yeah I know I put too much thought behind this, but the speculating is fun. :laugh:)

So here's the list:

1. Mario (Mario Bros.)
2. Luigi (Mario Bros.)
3. Peach (Super Mario Bros.)
4. Bowser (Super Mario Bros.)
5. Daisy (Super Mario Land)
6. Rosalina (Super Mario Galaxy)
7. Link (The Legend of Zelda; Boasting a Zelda Wii Look)
8. Zelda (The Legend of Zelda; Boasting a Zelda Wii Look)
9. Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda; Boasting a Zelda Wii Look)
10. Samus / Zero Suit Samus (Metroid)
11. Ridley (Metroid)
12. Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong)
13. Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong)
14. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
15. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
16. Fox (Star Fox)
17. Falco (Star Fox)
18. Wolf (Star Fox)
19. Krystal (Star Fox)
20. Kirby (Kirby)
21. Meta Knight (Kirby)
22. King Dedede (Kirby)
23. Pikachu (Pokemon)
24. Jigglypuff (Pokemon)
25. (Pokemon Rep #3 – Pokemon is really a big unknown for me. Anything they do at this point is up to Nintendo and beyond my ability to speculate, especially since this one is for the Pokemon Trainer's spot)
26. (Pokemon Rep #4 – Same as above but I hope this one is Mewtwo.)
27. Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
28. Black Shadow (F-Zero)
29. Ness (Earthbound / MOTHER 2)
30. Lucas (Earthbound 2 / MOTHER 3)
31. Marth (Fire Emblem)
32. Ike/Hector (Fire Emblem)
33. Lyn/Micahah (Fire Emblem)
34. Andy (Advance Wars, but might be better suited for an AT looking at it)
35. Sami (Advance Wars; Same as above)
36. Yoshi (Yoshi's Island)
37. Boshi (Super Mario RPG)
38. Wario (Wario Land/Wario Ware)
39. Captain Syrup (Wario Land)
40. Mona/Ashley (Wario Ware)
41. Olimar (Pikmin)
42. Louie (Pikmin)
43. Saki (Sin & Punishment)
44. Issac (Golden Sun)
45. R.O.B. (Gyromite)
46. Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch)
47. Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
48. Lip (Panel de Pon)
49. Takamaru (Nazo no Muramejou a.k.a Mystery at Murasame Castle)
50. Mike Jones (StarTropics)
51. Sonic The Hedgehog (SEGA; Sonic The Hedgehog)
52. Megaman (Capcom; Megaman Classic)
53. Solid Snake (Konami; Metal Gear Solid)
54. Travis Touchdown (Marvelous Entertainment; No More Heroes) Joke pick; disregard if necessary. :laugh:
55. Chrono (Chrono Trigger) / Someone more recent from Square-Enix

Fanboyish 3rd Party Stragglers:
- Simon Belmont / Shanoa (Konami; Castlevania)
- Beat (SEGA; Jet Set Radio)
- Viewtiful Joe (Capcom; Viewtiful Joe)

The only holes here that I've kept a note of are:

- The possibility that another Mario rep might be considered (Bowser Jr. -_-) or no to a Mario Bros. six spot roster
- Zelda Wii having a new and Smash worthy character (possibility is high on this one)
- "LOLOLOL RIDLEY IS TEH XBOX1 HUEG" arguements
- DK series "not big enough" to warrant 4 characters; duel between Dixie & K. Rool
- If Star Fox isn't big enough, Krystal vs. Wolf (no furries please, just evaluate as a character)
- My Fire Emblem Trio (Lyn might not make it for sword fighting, however varied it may be. ;____; Ike is **** popular thus negating my "powerful but different" character choice, the axe wielding Hector... ;_; [Keep in mind, I like Ike though] this one is really tough to call, especially since I know Fire Emblem can only have 3 at most if we get any more.)
- Advance Wars might be more niche than expected. (EDIT - Famicom Wars is big in Japan though, so the Advance Wars picks have some merit.)
- Boshi while different from Yoshi and completely awesome, falls into the same trap as Geno; copyright hell.
- Captain Syrup might be a relative unknown to most getting AT status at most (;_;); Mona vs. Ashley. Ashley wins in outright interest for female WarioWare rep with a potential for fun moves, but Mona wins outright for popularity.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sakurai himself said that he thought 50 characters in Smash 4 wouldn't warrant a sequel, and keep in mind Sakurai counts transformations as separate characters (he said Brawl had 39 characters earlier in the interview). So, I would guess Smash 4 would have 45 characters not including transformations, since including all of Brawl's transformations would put the entire roster at 49.

Would you mind only a ten character increase for Smash 4 assuming no characters from Brawl get cut?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I'd be happy for a 10 character increase, as long as they were unique.

Also, 3 princesses for one franchise is a bit too much, and Kamek before Boshi.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Would you mind only a ten character increase for Smash 4 assuming no characters from Brawl get cut?
Hell yes...

...but included with that condition is that Mewtwo must return without the exclusion of Lucario (yes I know Lucario would HAVE to return with the terms you set).

Also, 3 princesses for one franchise is a bit too much
While we're on the subject, no more StarFox characters. Three for this B+ series is enough. Let Krystal be an Assist Trophy. SF is not that big a franchise to Nintendo that it needs 4-5 characters total. The StarWolf crew is (IMO) not as deserving as the members of the StarFox crew (in other words, Slippy, Peppy, and Krystal have a better, more deserving chance than Panther and even Leon). As similar as they may be, not counting the original villain Andross, we pretty much have the most essential members of the StarFox series already: Fox, the main character, Falco, the popular 2nd-in-command, and Wolf, the forever reoccurring arch-rival.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Pokemon Trainer has to return, I could do without Charizard, but Ivysaur and Squirtle are necessary.

Also, Jigglypuff, then new Pokemon, then Lucario, before Mewtwo.
I don't want any characters cut, and I doubt they'd cut a character from Brawl to bring back a character from Melee. If they wanted to add Mewtwo, they would have chose him instead of Jigglypuff for Brawl.

I like Mewtwo, but would it be sensible to cut a character for him?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Pokemon Trainer has to return, I could do without Charizard, but Ivysaur and Squirtle are necessary.

I don't want any characters cut, and I doubt they'd cut a character from Brawl to bring back a character from Melee. If they wanted to add Mewtwo, they would have chose him instead of Jigglypuff for Brawl.

Mewtwo is far more popular than Lucario. Jigglypuff got in over Mewtwo in Brawl because she was part of the original 12. Keep in mind though that Mewtwo almost got in anyway.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484

Had Mewtwo stayed in Brawl, we'd have SIX ****ING 1st gen Pokémon! It would have made no sense to have every Pokémon representative be from that one generation.

"You're telling me that after 10 years, 4 generations, with Diamond & Pearl being the current gen, and close to 500 Pokémon, ALL the playable Pokémon HAD TO BE FROM THE FIRST GENERATION?!!!!"

/\ My reaction to the roster, had that been the case.

Considering that so far we've only gotten 2 (I repeat, ONLY...TWO) non-2st gen reps in the forms of Pichu and Lucario, that's a **** shame. Even more a shame considering that Pichu was most likely only included in Melee so the Pikachu, Mario, and Link could all have clone counterparts.

I don't even feel like debating that Mewtwo <> Lucario post, but know that I want to say, at least, I'm not sure bout that.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
@Chronobound- What I meant was that I doubt they would cut Lucario to add a character from Melee. If they add Mewtwo to SSB4, I doubt they'd get rid of Lucario, they would add both of them.

I know it was close between Mewtwo and Jigglypuff, and that she got in due to being in the original twelve, but I think that Pokemon has a higher chance of getting a new rep as well as the Pokemon currently in Brawl before Mewtwo comes back.

As I said, I want Mewtwo back, I just don't think that Sakurai would cut a character to replace with an old one. If he replaced Lucario with a new rep, I'd understand- but not replacing him with a character from 2 games ago.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
If Lucario does get dropped, it **** better be for a 5th gen Pokémon.

Even better, if that 5th gen Lucario replacement was a Lucario evolution. (half-j/k)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If Lucario does get dropped, it **** better be for a 5th gen Pokémon.

Even better, if that 5th gen Lucario replacement was a Lucario evolution. (half-j/k)
What if Lucario got dropped for a fifth-generation Pokemon and Mewtwo?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
They should drop Lucario for Lickitung :laugh:

I would have thought the 3rd Gen deserves something before the 5th, especially since all Brawl had was Rayquaza as a boss.

However, a 5th gen would probably be used for promotion, but I'd cry if the notch eared Pichu got in.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Krystal deserves to be a playable character in SSB4. Many people wanted her to be in to see how she fights with her staff. Wolf isn't much more than an evil/anti-hero counterpart version of Fox and he had little to no development to make him different from Fox in the SF games.

Wario started off as an evil twin of Mario, but it wasn't long untill they made him a character of his own. I don't think that Wolf will get much more development in the next SF game.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Fox>Falco>Wolf

Krystal isn't that necessary seeing as Star Fox is a relatively unimportant franchise.
F-Zero deserves a new rep before Star Fox does, and Metroid definitely needs a new rep, no matter who :laugh:.

Also, what would Krystal's Final Smash be, that Dinosaur?
It'd probably hover, do barrel rolls, and shoot lasers from it's mouth.
Landmaster clone FTL!

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Actually, I'm not against the idea of a 45 character limit myself, I'd have to do a heavy bit of reconsidering in order to get everythng to work though. Also, StarFox & StarFox 64 were huge for their time. I'll admit that the series' quality hasn't been up to snuff as of late, but saying that SF is an undeserving franchise really seems a bit unfair IMO.

Osi

Smash Ace
I agree on the starfox thing. The first 2 were amazing hits, and did a lot for nintendo. It's just the more recent "Adventure" years are worse in sales and popularity. The thing is back when SSB64 hit starfox was riding on 2 hits, and since then it has faded off a bit. I'm willing to bet 3 or more SF characters make it to SSB4. Fox/Falco have been fan favorites now for a while in smash.

F-zero needs 1 more character I think too. I really thought samurai would make it in brawl as a heavy character.

There are so many more franchises from the early NES/SNES days I'd like to see make it in too.

espio87

Smash Ace
Instead of Black Shadow, the next F-Zero rep should be Samurai Goroh.
Deciding for the pokemon series reps is a really hard job and I don't envy Sakurai for that. If I were to choose, I would keep everyone and remake Mewtwo.
The Mewtwo in SSBM was not correctly represented. In the games, Mewtwo has high speed, high special attack and is heavy. None of those stats were seen in Melee. The rearranged Mewtwo should be as fast, fast-faller and powerful as Captain Falcon.

and shoot lasers from it's mouth.
[/spoiler]
Shoop da whoop reference?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
While we're on the subject, no more StarFox characters. Three for this B+ series is enough. Let Krystal be an Assist Trophy. SF is not that big a franchise to Nintendo that it needs 4-5 characters total. The StarWolf crew is (IMO) not as deserving as the members of the StarFox crew (in other words, Slippy, Peppy, and Krystal have a better, more deserving chance than Panther and even Leon). As similar as they may be, not counting the original villain Andross, we pretty much have the most essential members of the StarFox series already: Fox, the main character, Falco, the popular 2nd-in-command, and Wolf, the forever reoccurring arch-rival.
This.

Also, whether Goroh or Black Shadow should become F-Zero's second character is dependent on which character will have a bigger role in the next F-Zero.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Not a shoop da woop reference, but I can see were you're coming from.

I was saying that it'd be the same as a Landmaster, because Krystal will probably end up being a clone.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
What if Lucario got dropped for a fifth-generation Pokemon and Mewtwo?
If I have any say in the matter, no.

I'd rather Lucario, Mewtwo, and a 5th gen rep...
Or Lucario and a 5th gen rep.

Sorry it took so long to reply, I was on the crapper (no j/k).

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Krystal would have the highest chance of any secondary SF character to not be a (semi-) clone of Fox. I hope Sakurai regrets not making Krystal and Ridley playable characters.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
The argument for PT being replaced. Eh I'm not really buying it. Sure maybe Lucario gets replaced for the next equivalent Legendary ( I hope not I want Mewtwo more then Lucario but I'd kinda like both I didn't relaly mind Lucario in Brawl, he's a decent character) but if they neglected the newest generation this time for PT why would they suddenly skip a load for the next game?

Anyway considering the Monster Hunter series is making the jump from being a Playstation based game to a Wii only series I'm holding out slight hopes for a Monster Hunter character in the next Smash. May just be my obsession with the series taking hold of me but I feel it could actually be pretty likely. Anyone else think I'm right or is it just that previously mentioned obsession leading to wishful thinking. A Monster Hunter would be a nice inclusion of a Female Character to the game too I guess. Not that I think the name actually needs Female Characters that's mainly some random association developers make between adding Female Characters and catering to Girl Gamers which I'd say is just pretty **** condescending.

Anyway I'd much rather see Character's from other Nintendo and Wii series rather then just 4 more Mario characters 12 more characters from various Mario spinoffs 4 more Pokemon and 4 more space animal clones of each other like everyone else seems to want...*Sigh*

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Hmm, you know what, I think I'm going to redo my roster and see if I can make it any more condensed. Before I do though, does anyone else want to say anything on the previous one?

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Hmm, you know what, I think I'm going to redo my roster and see if I can make it any more condensed. Before I do though, does anyone else want to say anything on the previous one?
One thing I've noticed with Smash is that with things that are as well known as Mario or Donkey Kong they stick strictly to thsoe characters that even those that never play the games know of. Just a random observation, I think predictions of some of the more obscure characters hidden away in Donkey Kong, Wario and Yoshi's own games are way off...

To name a few from your list I have heavy doubts on.

6. Rosalina (Super Mario Galaxy)
14. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
15. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
37. Boshi (Super Mario RPG)
39. Captain Syrup (Wario Land)
40. Mona/Ashley (Wario Ware)

Not saying none of them will make it but definately sayign I would be hugely surprised if half of them or more made it.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
The argument for PT being replaced. Eh I'm not really buying it. Sure maybe Lucario gets replaced for the next equivalent Legendary ( I hope not I want Mewtwo more then Lucario but I'd kinda like both I didn't relaly mind Lucario in Brawl, he's a decent character) but if they neglected the newest generation this time for PT why would they suddenly skip a load for the next game?
I say enough with the 1st Gen favoritism. Its not the Kirby favoritism we should be worried about...it's the excess of the 1st Gen Pokémon. Either drop Jigglypuff (very ideal, but may never happen sadly) or drop Pokémon Trainer (a novel character that is appreciated but getting rid of him frees up 3 slots and lowers the excess 1st Gen Pokémon numbers)

Anyway considering the Monster Hunter series is making the jump from being a Playstation based game to a Wii only series I'm holding out slight hopes for a Monster Hunter character in the next Smash. May just be my obsession with the series taking hold of me but I feel it could actually be pretty likely. Anyone else think I'm right or is it just that previously mentioned obsession leading to wishful thinking. A Monster Hunter would be a nice inclusion of a Female Character to the game too I guess. Not that I think the name actually needs Female Characters that's mainly some random association developers make between adding Female Characters and catering to Girl Gamers which I'd say is just pretty **** condescending.
Wishful thinking. If Capcom got one shot at adding one of their own into SSB4, it would have to be an exploitable character, and Mega Man, his variations, or even the less likely inclusion of a Street Fighter (Ryu) are way more likely.

Anyway I'd much rather see Character's from other Nintendo and Wii series rather then just 4 more Mario characters 12 more characters from various Mario spinoffs 4 more Pokemon and 4 more space animal clones of each other like everyone else seems to want...*Sigh*
Hells yeah. Add one more Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon rep, handle some of the other franchise (F-Zero, Metroid), and make a majority of the new characters new entries from series that have yet to be featured in playable form.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
I say enough with the 1st Gen favoritism. Its not the Kirby favoritism we should be worried about...it's the excess of the 1st Gen Pokémon. Either drop Jigglypuff (very ideal, but may never happen sadly) or drop Pokémon Trainer (a novel character that is appreciated but getting rid of him frees up 3 slots and lowers the excess 1st Gen Pokémon numbers)
I say enough with the adding new gen pokemon just because they're the new ones and leave it as it is. They ALL Suck. Lucario was like the sole semi-decent Pokemon in Dimaond/Pearl and Ruby Sapphire had only about 20 semi-decent Pokes. Silver/Gold had about 90, Red/Blue had over 100... Go revisit 2nd and 3rd gen if you like but I'm in favour of cutting it off there.

Wishful thinking. If Capcom got one shot at adding one of their own into SSB4, it would have to be an exploitable character, and Mega Man, his variations, or even the less likely inclusion of a Street Fighter (Ryu) are way more likely.
Hmm. Yeah I guessed as much. MegaMan is a dead-cert in smash at *Some point* Although massive disagree on Ryu I just see Smash as a Fighter for Characters NOT from Fighters. Adding a character from another Fighter series would flat out suck. As foolish as it is I will continue to wish however...*Taps Ruby Shoes Together*

Hells yeah. Add one more Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon rep, handle some of the other franchise (F-Zero, Metroid), and make a majority of the new characters new entries from series that have yet to be featured in playable form.
Heartily agreed. With myself...>.> A couple of major series that have less then 3 reps already can maybe have one more. Screw everyone else.

Nintendood

Smash Cadet
I always thought it would be cool for Mii's to be a playable character. That would be the closest i would ever get to beating the living tar out of Captain Olimar with my bare hands.

final smash? Mii parade.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
To all the people in this topic, if there should be a Mario newcomer for Smash Bros. 4, who should it be? Also, you can only choose one character.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I'd say Bowser Jr. but that's only because I want to count Paper Mario as it's own franchise due to it's large amount of great characters that could be put in SSB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom