• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

justaway12

Smash Master
even tough she not as popular as wario or bowser jr. she does deserve more priority than some other characters and i won't be surprised i a couple of peach mains try to main her by the way AWESOME PICTURE

edit: thanks for the website

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Ok, so I have another set of characters ready, but I was wondering, should I just post a list and then debate all of the choices at once or do it like I have been doing so far and posting them series by series?

Also, you know a cool mechanic that the next Smash could try and focus more on? Teamwork and team battles. Imagine if we could actually see some team mechanics like flying teammates saving another from a bad fall, using each other as stepping stones with the footstool jump to attack more nimble characters, etc.

I think something like that would be awesome if there was a good enough focus on more characters and people on screen. 8 player Smash anyone? :laugh:

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
8 player Smash, Temple, Sonic's Side Taunt.

I don't think that is a good idea.

justaway12

Smash Master
Ok, so I have another set of characters ready, but I was wondering, should I just post a list and then debate all of the choices at once or do it like I have been doing so far and posting them series by series?

Also, you know a cool mechanic that the next Smash could try and focus more on? Teamwork and team battles. Imagine if we could actually see some team mechanics like flying teammates saving another from a bad fall, using each other as stepping stones with the footstool jump to attack more nimble characters, etc.

I think something like that would be awesome if there was a good enough focus on more characters and people on screen. 8 player Smash anyone? :laugh:
i think what you are doing is fine as it is i think talking about them seris by seris is better

i think 8 might be a bit much but something like five could be fine

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Interestingly enough, Smash Marth fights like FE6 Roy. Fire Emblem Marth never did any flips in the air and mostly did stabs (as opposed to slashs).
Sorry to do this to you, Chrono, but...

Marth, when he gets the Falchion, slashes. Same was with Roy when he was with the Rapier at the beggining, but his style changes when he gets the Sword of Seals.

The only thing I don't get is the tip. Marth's Falchion has no Critical Hit additional stats. The Sword of Seals, however, does... I think. Meh...

gameboyjsa

Smash Rookie
everybody knows bowser jr will be 1 of the first new guys in this game i mean seriously he is beginning to be in every mario game like mario super sluggers he was in along with new super mario bros and in most of the newer mario parties but he is sort of new daisy(X) no!~!!! they need to think of better female characters for the game.
toad no chance at all a punch a> punch a^punch lol thats all he can basically do

justaway12

Smash Master
everybody knows bowser jr will be 1 of the first new guys in this game i mean seriously he is beginning to be in every mario game like mario super sluggers he was in along with new super mario bros and in most of the newer mario parties but he is sort of new daisy(X) no!~!!! they need to think of better female characters for the game.
toad no chance at all a punch a> punch a^punch lol thats all he can basically do
if any other mario rep is going to be in the game it's kind of obvious it will be bowser jr. but no they don't need to think of new female characters i say LET THE PEACH RIP-OFFS RULE THIS GAME but who's next...i know baby peach and baby daisy

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Isn't that what practice is for: to get good at something? Is it wrong to be better at something than someone else? Melee sold extremely well, despite the competitive scene. The people that practice for hours probably aren't playing with the people don't care about getting good, so it doesn't affect them at all. A game that can cater to competitive gamers with deep gameplay (even if accidental) can still sell extremely well. What the "tourney***s" want won't hinder it at all. Just saying.
Note how I said practice for hours.

The tourney***s love their game to be overally complex. Most people don't want to play overally complex games (thus why the Wii exist). It a matter that the two can't exist in the same world.

justaway12

Smash Master
well since this is the SSB4 thread and people say the new tier list will come out tomorrow so i thought my might list my tier list expectations for the fourth game

top:
mario (he deserves it more than anyone else)
link
meta-knight (i think he will defiantly be high tier even with all the nerfs i hope they give him)
marth
sonic
luigi

high:
bowser
peach (my main so she has to be high)
pokemon trainer
ike
kirby
samus
ZSS
zelda
fox
wario
snake

middle:
mr.game and watch
king dedede
donkey kong
pikachu
sheik
lucario
falco
wolf
pit
yoshi

bottom:
ice climbers
olimar
capt. falcon (he's a MAN he can handle bottom tier)
ganondorf
R.O.B
ness
toon link
lucas
diddy kong

I'm not putting on who i think will be playable in SSB4 for the brawl characters and I'm not doing cuts just what i hope is on the next tier list for SSB4 not putting into mind the cuts or the new characters PLEASE TELL ME IF I FORGOT ANY CHARACTERS

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You have to explain what make's them at that tier placement, and it's pointless to make one right now due to the game not even been made and tested yet. So yea, you can't make a tier list until the game's been made.

justaway12

Smash Master
You have to explain what make's them at that tier placement, and it's pointless to make one right now due to the game not even been made and tested yet. So yea, you can't make a tier list until the game's been made.
you misunderstand this is just what i HOPE to see (exept metaknight i almost know he will make it in top tier) i have no idea what the actual tier list would be like... obviously i this is SSB4 chat so anyone can you make a tier list of what you want it they want it to be

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Note how I said practice for hours.

The tourney***s love their game to be overally complex. Most people don't want to play overally complex games (thus why the Wii exist). It a matter that the two can't exist in the same world.
Yes they can. Melee? "Tourney***s" liked it. Casual players liked it. Outside of message boards, there was no segregation caused by the gameplay. Is there something wrong with people being better than others due to practice?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Link in 3rd place?!

Link's known for being low on the tier list :laugh:, if he was higher up it would be breaking a tradition :p.

Could you explain why they would be in those spots- especially R.O.B?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
you misunderstand this is just what i HOPE to see (exept metaknight i almost know he will make it in top tier) i have no idea what the actual tier list would be like... obviously i this is SSB4 chat so anyone can you make a tier list of what you want it they want it to be
I'm hoping the next Smash the tier list will be more meaningless. I understand your post now.

justaway12

Smash Master
@jimnymebob i said before in my previous post it would be breaking tradition but then it felt sorry for him deserve top tier AT LEAST once so think of it as a pity placement besides he deserves it

i didn't do this to alot of characters but people like R.O.B or pit are people i couldn't care less about i do like them but sometimes i fail to acknowledge their existence so i just put them anywhere.

remember this isn't anything technical the game is not even made i just put where i think want them to be put... exept metaknight i like him too but he is one of those people i couldn't care less about and since sakurai is likely to make the game i expect him to be somewhere high.

@viper JLT4GOV: glad you understood it's not anything serious

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
I'm hoping the next Smash the tier list will be more meaningless. I understand your post now.
well i think you mean you want the differences in the tiers to be less noticeable.
but you have to realize how hard that is to do for the people involved in making the game.
they don't always see the way the metagame can/will develope.
we just have to hope the don't turn a blind eye to a broken char.

LMAO what if they nerfed link, falcon, and ganon, and then hella buffed metaknight?

justaway12

Smash Master
well i think you mean you want the differences in the tiers to be less noticeable.
but you have to realize how hard that is to do for the people involved in making the game.
they don't always see the way the metagame can/will develope.
we just have to hope the don't turn a blind eye to a broken char.

LMAO what if they nerfed link, falcon, and ganon, and then hella buffed metaknight?
how cool would that then metaknight will have to be banned from tournaments

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
If Sakurai buffs MK, then he'll also make the characters trip all of the time. It doesn't seem unlikely for Sakurai to do just that.

tehbestevar

Smash Rookie
on Final Destination with no items and 3 Wolfs for
if any other mario rep is going to be in the game it's kind of obvious it will be bowser jr. but no they don't need to think of new female characters i say LET THE PEACH RIP-OFFS RULE THIS GAME but who's next...i know baby peach and baby daisy

Bowser Jr. is a poor choice it seems to me he never showed any move specific to aside from the paintbrush that could really give him a unique moveset so he'd probably wind up like a mini Bowser so i say Rosalina for SSB4

trev94

Smash Journeyman
dr. mario has the potential to get in as an alternate costume of mario. If the roster has to be expanded in SSB4 (which will obviously happen) I think Daisy could make it as a mario rep. She differs completely from Peach in that she's a tomboy and her moveset could be based entirely from the mario sports and mario party titles.
thats not true, if she is in the game they are going to have to basie her move set off peach. She has never been in a plat form game. If she is in the game and have a differnt moveset i will be very surprised.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
everyone but MK trips.

and the option to turn off items will be replaced by the option to turn off KO's.
YAYUHZZZ

trev94

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr. is a poor choice it seems to me he never showed any move specific to aside from the paintbrush that could really give him a unique moveset so he'd probably wind up like a mini Bowser so i say Rosalina for SSB4
ROSALINA!?!?!?!? NOOOOO she does not do anything in mario galaxy. If there should be a mario rep IT WILL BE boswer Jr. at lest he fights in his game, at lest they good give him a moveset.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
If I may, I'd like to ramble again

The 5 most likely characters for SSB4

Geno-He was a character that was popular worldwide, and pretty popular at that. From what we have seen, he still stands as the most requested character. I suspect he wasn't in Brawl becuase he was skipped over (like some popular characters are) or problem with Square-Enix. If Nintendo can get everything though with SE, then expect him.

Ridley-He was the most popular character in the west, but he didn't make it. Many will say it was because of his size; I would say because he lacked enough Japanese popularity. He was a boss and planned for an assist trophy. I suspect he'll make it in the next go around.

Krystal-She was also one of the most popular characters, but she was left out, probably due to Star Wolfs insane popularity. One of Falco's secret taunts mentions her saying that she will be the next one to fight. It's not confirming anything, but it may at least show that Sakurai recognizes Krystal.

Saki-Sakurai made a very interesting mention on the blog.
There were many requests from users for his inclusion, and he IS pretty cool, so I did what I could to include him.
I think Saki is a character we never though as being that popular. If he was skipped over, it was because he was a Japan-only character. I suspect with Sion and Punishment on the VC that he may be in the next game. If not him, then Issa from Sin and Punishment 2.

Little Mac-He is a character that is not that popular, but seems to stay in Sakurai's eyes. He was planned to have a trophy in Melee and was an assist in Brawl. I think he may graduate into a playable character as the retro character for the next game. Punch Out Wii may also help his chances.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Mario & Sonic Guy: Any special reason as to why you included Amy Rose over Robotnik/Eggman? I can definitely see Tails over him, and maaaaybe Knuckles, but Amy? I'm just curious as to your reasoning. I haven't followed the Sonic series since Dreamcast, but I was under the impression Robotnik was still a mainstay.
Dr. Eggman is still a major character, but as usual, he rides on his basic machines to fight. He really hasn't done any actual fighting without his robotic inventions. The only time he has actually shown some of his abilities was in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.

Don't get me wrong. I like that nasty scientist, but I'm just not sure about how he'd play out as a playable Smash Bros. fighter.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think people are underestimating K.Rool's popularity; I fully expect him to rank high on the next poll(s).

trev94

Smash Journeyman
I think some of the next charaters in SSB4 will be the forbittan 7, Because they were goin be in brawl.

espio87

Smash Ace
thats not true, if she is in the game they are going to have to basie her move set off peach.
not necesarily, she was in so much mario party and sports titles, that nintendo can come up with a moveset based on them. That way she would be representing the sports and party series.

She has never been in a plat form game.
She was in Super Mario Land.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Dr. Eggman is still a major character, but as usual, he rides on his basic machines to fight. He really hasn't done any actual fighting without his robotic inventions. The only time he has actually shown some of his abilities was in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.

Don't get me wrong. I like that nasty scientist, but I'm just not sure about how he'd play out as a playable Smash Bros. fighter.
Eggman fought without a vehicle in Sonic Chronicles. He throws wrenches for one of his attacks in that game. I'm pretty sure that they can think up of a moveset for Eggman outside his mech just as easy they did for Fox before he had games where he spent most of his time outside of vehicles.

However, Eggman in his Sonic Fighter or SA2 mech wouldn't be unreasonable. He would certainly be much more unique than Amy and bring something new to Smash. Amy would just be another character with a hand weapon and there are many characters with hand weapons that are in higher demand than her such as Krystal, Isaac, Sora, and Cloud. I wouldn't mind if Eggman replaced Snake since Eggman is better than him.

PS: I noticed that we live in the same area. :p

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
First off people, stop saying Daisy would be a Peach clone. There's no way that someone who has shown herself off to be so radically different from the standards of Mario Bros. princess could wind up playing the same way as Peach.

Secondly, thanks for the support guys. I thought that I wasn't adding much to this topic with my thoughts. :laugh:

I'm going through my roster idea one more time and making some revisions though. It occurred to me recently that while certain characters would seem like shoe-ins, there are other things to judge as well such as overall importance to a franchise, popularity in fan bases, and "freshness" of said character.

(Also, I fell asleep and forgot about this today, but I'm more of a night owl anyway. :laugh:)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Where did the Daisy thing come from? Truthfully, I don't see her being a playable character in the future. And she probably would be too similar to Peach.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Where did the Daisy thing come from? Truthfully, I don't see her being a playable character in the future. And she probably would be too similar to Peach.
I'd just be irked at another girl in a dress (who happens to be a princess). And before anyone mentions Star Fox...at least Falco's a bird. :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Eggman fought without a vehicle in Sonic Chronicles. He throws wrenches for one of his attacks in that game. I'm pretty sure that they can think up of a moveset for Eggman outside his mech just as easy they did for Fox before he had games where he spent most of his time outside of vehicles.

However, Eggman in his Sonic Fighter or SA2 mech wouldn't be unreasonable. He would certainly be much more unique than Amy and bring something new to Smash. Amy would just be another character with a hand weapon and there are many characters with hand weapons that are in higher demand than her such as Krystal, Isaac, Sora, and Cloud. I wouldn't mind if Eggman replaced Snake since Eggman is better than him.

PS: I noticed that we live in the same area. :p
Well isn't that a coincidence that we have the same location.

Anyway I haven't paid too much attention to the Sonic spin-offs, which may be my reason for doubting Eggman's fighting capabilities. Also, I know Amy Rose isn't that famous, but it wouldn't hurt to have a female fighter that's not a human in the roster (I consider Jigglypuff genderless). Either way, it's only my opinion.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Tails, Knuckles, and Amy could all appear in the next Smash. Perhaps Shadow, but he'd be cloned I'd bet.

Krystal and Lyndis should appear, too.

Hmm... Waluigi could MAYBE get thrown in. I could see Bowser Jr., too.

Toon Link'll get replaced by the new "Link" they think up.

Some new Pokemon'll come in, and they might remake PKTrainer and give him new Pokemon (the 4th Gen Starters?)

They'll probably throw in another Nintendo guest character (like how they had Game and Watch and ROB).

I doubt we'll see another third-party series(tough it Megaman fans).

And finally, I spy a total of 44-52 characters.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Here are characters I think should or will be removed/replaced:
*Wolf and/or *Falco: Star Fox is a dying franchise (Sonic is way more alive than Fox is) and three reps are too much. Krystal should be the only secondary SF character playable. Have Eggman, Tails, Knuckles, and maybe Amy as playable Sonic characters in SSB4.
Pokemon Trainer: He and his mon are more than likely get replaced by the most recent PT. But if stamina and forced switching is removed, then I won't miss the old PT that much.
Lucario: Will more than likely get replaced by the next super popular humanoid Pokemon that can fight with non-physical force.
*Jigglypuff: She's just been around for too long. They could use Jigglypuff's slot for a more deserving Pokemon like to have Mewtwo stay.
Ike: Probably will get replaced by latest FE dude.

Characters who have an * infront of their names are those I want gone.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I was hoping someone would reply to what I said previously, so, to be egotistical, here it is again.

If I may, I'd like to ramble again

The 5 most likely characters for SSB4

Geno-He was a character that was popular worldwide, and pretty popular at that. From what we have seen, he still stands as the most requested character. I suspect he wasn't in Brawl becuase he was skipped over (like some popular characters are) or problem with Square-Enix. If Nintendo can get everything though with SE, then expect him.

Ridley-He was the most popular character in the west, but he didn't make it. Many will say it was because of his size; I would say because he lacked enough Japanese popularity. He was a boss and planned for an assist trophy. I suspect he'll make it in the next go around.

Krystal-She was also one of the most popular characters, but she was left out, probably due to Star Wolfs insane popularity. One of Falco's secret taunts mentions her saying that she will be the next one to fight. It's not confirming anything, but it may at least show that Sakurai recognizes Krystal.

Saki-Sakurai made a very interesting mention on the blog.
There were many requests from users for his inclusion, and he IS pretty cool, so I did what I could to include him.
I think Saki is a character we never though as being that popular. If he was skipped over, it was because he was a Japan-only character. I suspect with Sion and Punishment on the VC that he may be in the next game. If not him, then Issa from Sin and Punishment 2.

Little Mac-He is a character that is not that popular, but seems to stay in Sakurai's eyes. He was planned to have a trophy in Melee and was an assist in Brawl. I think he may graduate into a playable character as the retro character for the next game. Punch Out Wii may also help his chances.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Hmm, I like that list you have SmashChu. I really don't have any qualms with it, especially since my reservations against a playable Ridley have been fading lately. The only thing I'd like to know is under what franchise would a playable Geno go under? His own unique thing or the Mushroom that signifies "Mario Bros."?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom