• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well see there you go, Lyn hasn't had a long history with Nintendo, and y'know what, she got in as an Assist Trophy rather than "the iconic" K. Rool.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
if you ask me the entire bloody cast of Golden sun should be playable.
Alex, Agasti,Karst, Menardi and Sat, Wise one....
Piers.

Doom dragon and Fusion dragon better make an appearance...give me some dullahan too....
**** just turn it into Super Golden Brothers and add Ganondorf and im happy.

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
well let see there's Megaman, clearly he's a way more popular character than K.Rool so you "can't shoot him down"
just by mentioning Megaman YOU FAIL, there you never, ever be a Megaman, not in Brawl not in SBB4, I rather see K.Rool than Megaman anyday.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
if you ask me the entire bloody cast of Golden sun should be playable.
Alex, Agasti,Karst, Menardi and Sat, Wise one....
Piers.

Doom dragon and Fusion dragon better make an appearance...give me some dullahan too....
**** just turn it into Super Golden Brothers and add Ganondorf and im happy.
I'm sorry, but all GS'll get is one rep. I do believe that all franchises in smash only had one rep in their debut (minus the N64 ones and fire emblem).

Even if the Golden Sun series "dies out" between now and smash 4, Isaac could still make an appearance. I mean, look at Metroid: 5 years went by between Super Metroid and Smash 64, and Kid Icarus 2 was released in '91, but never appeared again until brawl. Since Golden never has really reached Metroid levels of popularity, you can see that it would have to wait a few years more than Metroid waited to have a PC in smash.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OK, I'll throw in some stuff that should removed or added...

Remove:

- Tripping
- strange Glitches
- Smash Balls/Final Smashes
- SSE-like BS
- Unfair advantages like chain Grabs
- Metaknight

Add:

- More hitstun/Combo abilities
- Characters specific ATs
- More Speed
- BALANCE!!!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
^Why remove Final Smashes and SSE-esque thigns? Seeing what you want, you wouldn't play with that item on, or tha mode anyways, so why take it away fromt he people who do like it? Doesn't effect you.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
I'm sorry, but all GS'll get is one rep. I do believe that all franchises in smash only had one rep in their debut (minus the N64 ones and fire emblem).

Even if the Golden Sun series "dies out" between now and smash 4, Isaac could still make an appearance. I mean, look at Metroid: 5 years went by between Super Metroid and Smash 64, and Kid Icarus 2 was released in '91, but never appeared again until brawl. Since Golden never has really reached Metroid levels of popularity, you can see that it would have to wait a few years more than Metroid waited to have a PC in smash.

If you jinx this, I sha'll kill you, with my planetary fonic arte.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
^Why remove Final Smashes and SSE-esque thigns? Seeing what you want, you wouldn't play with that item on, or tha mode anyways, so why take it away fromt he people who do like it? Doesn't effect you.
I get your point. Imo, they're just gimmicks to distract the player from Brawl shortcomings. But yeah...they don't have to take it out

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Character-specific Assist Trophies would actually be pretty cool (not as a replacement for Smash Balls, just as an addition).

Most of the cast has somebody who could show up to assist them. And it wouldn't have to always be an ally, I guess, just a related character. Like maybe Lucas could have Claus and Luigi could have Waluigi.

Could make a list, but 1) I'm too lazy, and 2) I don't know enough about some characters' series.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
yeah, I'd like them, too but I was just saying that it would be kind of redundant to replace smash balls with something that accomplishes the same thing. I would love to have character-specific ASSIST TROPHIES. Let the brainstorming.... BEGIN!

EDIT: I've been playing N waaaaay too much over the last week, and I saw a technique that could be "borrowed" for use in smash: Wall sliding.
This technique could be used in place of wall cling, or just with characters who don't have wall cling. When on a wall, you would slowly slide down it.... you know the drill, play N or N+.

OmegaXXII

well some ideas would be:

Bowser- Kamek
Yoshi - Birdo
Luigi- Daisy
Wario - Waluigi
Marth - Roy
Ike - Macaiah
Sonic - Dr. Robotnik or Knuckels
Snake - Gray Fox or Meryl
Ness- Paula
Lucas - Claus
Pikachu - Raichu or Pichu

can't think of others for the moment

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
well some ideas would be:

Bowser- Kamek
Yoshi - Birdo
Luigi- Daisy
Wario - Waluigi
Marth - Roy
Ike - Macaiah
Sonic - Dr. Robotnik or Knuckels
Snake - Gray Fox or Meryl
Ness- Paula
Lucas - Claus
Pikachu - Raichu or Pichu

can't think of others for the moment
Good ones. I'll add:

Mario - Rosalina
Peach - Toad or weird talking umbrella in SPP
Megaman - Dr Light or Bass
Captain Falcon - Samurai Goroh
Fox - Krystal (take that!)
Ridley - Space Pirate hoard
Pit - Eggplant Wizard
Link - Tingle,Navi, whoever
Toon Link - Tetra's pirates
Bowser Jr - Shadow Mario

Oh, and maybe give Wario a Warioware assist, like Ashley or 9-Volt, and let Waluigi be his own character (or die a slow, painful death)

those are all of my ideas at the moment

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I could do the Kirby characters pretty easily:

Kirby -- Ribbon the Fairy
King Dedede -- Kracko
Meta Knight -- The Meta-Knights (Axe Knight, Javelin Knight, Mace Knight, and Trident Knight)

ness4life said:
Megaman - Dr Light or Bass
All right, I'm sufficiently convinced... There is no love for Protoman in this world... :(

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
here's some character specific ideas:

Bowser Jr. - the Koopalings OR Kamek
King K.Rool - Klump or Krusha
DK - Funky Kong (w/ his boot from DK64)
Diddy - Dixie Kong

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
Maybe, but, as PT is unique, so are each of his Pokémon. I'd like to see the same PT from Brawl, and maybe an Alt costume(s), similar to Wario, but changes the Pokémon to the Hoenn Pokémon (Treecko, Marshtomp and Blaziken, second best starters to Kanto). of course, they'd be completely different Pokémon, so a different fight style and attacks, but still the same Three Pokémon principal of the SSBB PT.
no way, the Johto Starters are the best!!

but i suppose its all opinion...

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Dixie was never considered for Melee. Diddy was, notice there's no Diddy trophy but one of Dixie and K. Rool? This is completely random and they wouldn't of overlooked this for no reason. While there is also no Wolf trophy, there is no Leon, Andrew or Pigma trophy either, and Wolf wasn't that popular at this time.

K. Rool wasn't an assist trophy, but there wasn't any Donkey Kong assist trophy at all. The assist trophies were for the most part undeserving characters who would never get in, and K. Rool wasn't put there most likely because he was actually considered for a playable spot at a very early point in development. Ridley is the single most requested character, of course he'll be a boss twice, K. Rool wouldn't fit as a boss. He'd have to be his DK64 size, which isn't what he's normally thought of as, being very awkward.

Miciah won't get in before a new FE Lord, and a new FE game with a new FE lord will more then likely be released before SSB4. Miciah wouldn't get in over Lyn, and if you want to know how we feel about Lyn just look a few pages back to when we fought off a user called "tedius" who was indeed most tedious.

Mentioning the Mario cartoon at all lowers your credibility. Bowser's just as generic as K. Rool, if not more so. K. Rool actually shows some intelligence and cunning in DK64 and DKC3, while all Bowser does is act like a big stupid lump. Bowser is a joke, K. Rool is considered more of a serious threat. Also notice that K. Rool has never been brought down by a single kong, it always took two kongs in the DKC games and even five kongs in DK64.

Dixie kong didn't "star" in two games. DKC2 isn't called Dixie Kong's Quest. Dixie is also more likely to be a clone then K. Rool. K. Rool being a clone of Bowser is physically impossible for him due to the moves Bowser has with his shell, so throw that idea out the window. Dixie has potetional for her own moveset, but she could just as easily be made a clone of Diddy if Sakurai so wished. If you want more evidence Dixie was going to be on a tag team with Diddy, check Sakurai's poll. Dixie wasn't even listed as a character by herself, only as a tag team with Diddy, while K. Rool was listed as his own character. While Diddy/Dixie had more votes then K. Rool, Dixie alone wasn't listed at all, meaning she wasn't seriously considered as her own character.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
wow, way to bash on Krystal don't you think?

Waluigi should NEVER be playable, but I do agree with having a slow, painful death part.
lol, I'd like to see Krystal as a PC, she would have a great moveset!

Waluigi should definitely be an alternate costume for luigi (and I don't mean just the clothes, but I mean the face and super-stache as well)

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
Dixie was never considered for Melee. Diddy was, notice there's no Diddy trophy but one of Dixie and K. Rool? This is completely random and they wouldn't of overlooked this for no reason. While there is also no Wolf trophy, there is no Leon, Andrew or Pigma trophy either, and Wolf wasn't that popular at this time.

K. Rool wasn't an assist trophy, but there wasn't any Donkey Kong assist trophy at all. The assist trophies were for the most part undeserving characters who would never get in, and K. Rool wasn't put there most likely because he was actually considered for a playable spot at a very early point in development. Ridley is the single most requested character, of course he'll be a boss twice, K. Rool wouldn't fit as a boss. He'd have to be his DK64 size, which isn't what he's normally thought of as, being very awkward.

Miciah won't get in before a new FE Lord, and a new FE game with a new FE lord will more then likely be released before SSB4. Miciah wouldn't get in over Lyn, and if you want to know how we feel about Lyn just look a few pages back to when we fought off a user called "tedius" who was indeed most tedious.

Mentioning the Mario cartoon at all lowers your credibility. Bowser's just as generic as K. Rool, if not more so. K. Rool actually shows some intelligence and cunning in DK64 and DKC3, while all Bowser does is act like a big stupid lump. Bowser is a joke, K. Rool is considered more of a serious threat. Also notice that K. Rool has never been brought down by a single kong, it always took two kongs in the DKC games and even five kongs in DK64.

Dixie kong didn't "star" in two games. DKC2 isn't called Dixie Kong's Quest. Dixie is also more likely to be a clone then K. Rool. K. Rool being a clone of Bowser is physically impossible for him due to the moves Bowser has with his shell, so throw that idea out the window. Dixie has potetional for her own moveset, but she could just as easily be made a clone of Diddy if Sakurai so wished. If you want more evidence Dixie was going to be on a tag team with Diddy, check Sakurai's poll. Dixie wasn't even listed as a character by herself, only as a tag team with Diddy, while K. Rool was listed as his own character. While Diddy/Dixie had more votes then K. Rool, Dixie alone wasn't listed at all, meaning she wasn't seriously considered as her own character.
man, if Dixie Kong was in the game, I would main her over every other character, SHE is the only DK character i like!!

And I seriously don't care about K.Rool!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
man, if Dixie Kong was in the game, I would main her over every other character, SHE is the only DK character i like!!

Dixie's my favorite Kong, however, you have admit that K. Rool has more priority for becoming playable than her.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
What is with you guys? No love for the funk? Funky Kong for SSB4!
He was in Mario Kart, at least. Look what happened to the WTF character in Mario Kart DS. I'm sure there's a Funky Kong moveset somewhere on these boards...

"You know what your problem is, Harold? You ain't got the funk."

A cookie to whoever gets that quote.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion

Nobody cares if you personally don't care about K. Rool and personally prefer Dixie. If I liked Waluigi more then Wario, would he get in over him in Brawl?

I'd like to see more arguments against K. Rool then "Because I don't like him/he's generic".

Edit: Funky Kong would be lucky if he got in as an alt costume for DK. The only reason anybody's considering him at all is that he's playable in Mario Kart Wii. The reason K. Rool hasn't been showing up in the Mario spin offs outside sluggers is because he might overshadow Bowser as the main villian.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
QFT, Smash needs more villains anyway.

EDIT: Brutha, don't disrespect the Funk.

Lol, I know he really doesn't have a chance, but I still would like to see him in over Dixie as a 4th DK rep. That just reminded me, where's our Donkey Konga Wii? That game would translate perfectly to the Wiimote and Nunchuck.

Oh, and by people's logic on this forum: Funky Kong didn't have a trophy in Brawl or Melee so he was gonna be in!!!!111 OMG tell everyone! I can read Sakurai's mind now!

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
like Naruto would say "Believe it!"
o god,a naruto fan AND dosent like megaman....what has the world come to....
OK, I'll throw in some stuff that should removed or added...

Remove:

- Tripping
- strange Glitches
- Smash Balls/Final Smasheslol no
- SSE-like BS
- Unfair advantages like chain Grabsno johns,dont get grabbed
- Metaknight

Add:

- More hitstun/Combo abilities
- Characters specific ATs
- More Speed
heavier characters
- BALANCE!!!
fix'd
Hey, at least your games get made in ENGLISH! (looks at Mother 3 and cries)
*waits for translator*

Pieman0920

Smash Master
What does this have to do with anything? There's been a K.Rool and Dixie Trophy in each game that had trophies. And while Dixie may not have been conisdered for Melee, she was for Brawl, which does point to her having priority over K.Rool who had none.

I wouldn't label the ATs like that at all. As Sakurai said, they were just characters who couldn't quite make it in, for whatever reason. (And the DK series probably didn't get one, for the same reason the Yoshi series didn't get one. They were both taken by the Mario series that got three)

And K. Rool clearly wasn't considered in any real sense, otherwise he would have had data like Dixie did. And your excuse for him not being a boss is pretty pathetic too. He's twice the size of DK normally, and it really wouldn't matter if he's small or not. Tabuu's pretty tiny at times, especially compared to Galleon.

A new game was released already, and it was Marth as the lord. Micaiah is different from the other two FE reps, and she has a high chance of making it in as long as there's no one who really replaces her. (And right now you can only speculate) And Micaiah would make a heck of a lot more sense than Lyn. (She's not another sword user, and is from the most recent games, isntead of one that was released awhile ago)

How did it hurt my credibility? You can't deny that K.Rool is basically a copy. And while Bowser was generic, he had character growth beyond that. Your examples of what K.Rool did are just the standard villain flair. And how is he considered a serious threat when he is beaten by gawking at a lady-ape, and then getting a hit by a boot? At there lows, Bowser steals a princess, and K.rool steals Bananas. At their high, Bowser destroys the universe, and K.Rool steals cosmic bananas. You really seem to be out of touch here.

DKC3 Was Dixie's Double Trouble. :p

Weren't you the one who advocated Black Shadow instead of Goroh, even though you knew he would be a clone? Dixie can easy be not a clone of Diddy just as easy as K.Rool may be a clone of Bowser. (K.Rool actually has used fire breath, and the side B and down B work for Rool. Just change the up B a bit and we are in business.) And as you should notice by Diddy's moveset, threre's no way he was meant to be a tag team...heck, the real planned new tag team was Plusle and Minnum. If Dixie was going to be in a tag team, the data would have shown it for her like it did those two. Dixie was considered before K.Rool, has been playable in nearly every game she's been in (and while you might want to argue that she only starred in one, you can't deny she didn't co-star in DKC2)

OmegaXXII

just by mentioning Megaman YOU FAIL, there you never, ever be a Megaman, not in Brawl not in SBB4, I rather see K.Rool than Megaman anyday.
what's your hate with Megaman anyway? :confused:

K.Rool over Megaman? you sir FAIL HARDER!! Megaman is certainly more deserving than K.Rool could ever be, not bashing K.Rool, I would like to see him as well seeing he would play similar to Bowser, it's just that when it comes to Megaman he just doesn't compare.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Name a single one of moves Diddy has that Dixie couldn't use. No, really, a single one.

Where has K. Rool used fire breath? He didn't in the DKC games of DK64, my best guess would probably be when he turns "giga" in jungle climber of some such nonsense. In any case, that's the giga form, not the real K. Rool. But let's count what K. Rool can't use:

Neutral B
Up B
Dsmash
Usmash (Unless K. Rool magically grows razor sharp spikes on his back, it would look very awkward)
Bair (See above)
Nair
Dair

K. Rool hasn't had as many games to develop, that's why he's not on the level of depth that Bowser's in. Not his fault he hasn't been as many games as the main villlian of the most successful series of all time. Bowser is considered a joke, but K. Rool is indeed considered a serious threat. In the example you provided in DK64, all kongs were required to fight him, and they had to use trickey to finish him off with Candy Kong. Sorry, K. Rool actually is attracted to women too, and seeing how much Bowser kidnaps Peach I'd hardly say Bowser isn't either.

The Mario cartoon hurt you credibility because of it's terribly quality, that's like using Zelda CDI to say only Link can slay Ganon in a canon debate.

So what if a FE game was released with Marth already? That's not stopping a FE12 or even a FE13 from coming out before SSB4.

Please direct me to anybody who was an assist trophy who really deserved to be in Brawl besides Isaac.

If K. Rool were playable, he'd be Bowser's size. Wouldn't it be awkward seeing him as a gigantic boss in Brawl then later show up as a playable character in SSB4/5? Yes, he's going to show up -eventually-, you can't say that's not inevitable. Bowser is usually seen much, much larger then Mario, but when people think of him they think of his size in smash. The same goes for K. Rool for the most part. DK is hunched over in Donkey Kong Country which is why he appears so small. In reality, in the DKC games, K. Rool is about 1.5X as big as DK.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
K. Rool hasn't had as many games to develop, that's why he's not on the level of depth that Bowser's in. Not his fault he hasn't been as many games as the main villlian of the most successful series of all time. Bowser is considered a joke, but K. Rool is indeed considered a serious threat. In the example you provided in DK64, all kongs were required to fight him, and they had to use trickey to finish him off with Candy Kong. Sorry, K. Rool actually is attracted to women too, and seeing how much Bowser kidnaps Peach I'd hardly say Bowser isn't either.
What does K. Rool's "seriousness" compared to Bowser's have anything to do with him "deserving" to be playable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom