• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hm? Isn't K. Rool part of the DK universe too?
K. Rool is part of the DK universe, but seeing as that universe is also part of the Mario universe, it's understandable how he got into a Mario spin-off title like Mario Super Sluggers. Same thing goes for Yoshi and Wario too since although they have their own universes, they too are part of the Mario universe.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
*hi-jacks topic*

How does this sound for Tag Team Battles?

Tag Team Battle Mode

The option would be located next to Team Battles on the character selection screen, and of course it can be toggled so that you can have Team Tag Team Battles (lol).

Depending on the number of stocks you choose for the match (a maximum of, let's say, 5), a certain number of tokens will appear over your little character box. They are numbered to determine the order your characters will spawn during the battle. Then you can place the tokens on the characters you want to use (the character box will be divided to show which characters you've selected for your team). You can select the same character more than once (or would this cause confusion due to costumes?).

When you start the battle, the first character you placed a token on will be the first to appear. Your character only changes when you are KOed, since manual changing during a battle would be a little obnoxious, I think.

Cool idea? (sorry to anyone if this sounds exactly like something you thought up)

EDIT: Yeah, Mario_and_Sonic_Guy, same for Mario Kart too. Maybe Square Enix could join up for more Mario-spinoffs, like that one basketball game that had Black Mage and etc. as playable characters.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
That said, I'm ready to drop the subject. I don't feel arguing with anybody who thinks Miciah more likely then K. Rool worth my time. Dixie was arguable, but we wern't really able to get anywhere. Mario spin offs mean nothing, or any similiar ones, mean nothing. The vast majority of people stopped caring about the series after DK64, and it's from those people that K. Rool gets his popularity.
How elitist. As it stands, if another Smash game were to be made here and now, it is much more likely that Micaiah would get in, and K.Rool wouldn't, and the reasons for that should be obvious to you now. (unless you're just trying to shut them out of your head) There's no where to go with the Dixie argument because its clear from the begining that she has higher priority, at leat in any Smash game Sakurai makes. K.Rool isn't popular, and for the most part, neither is Dixie. The word is getting way to overused. Mario is popular. Pikachu is popular. K.Rool isn't. People who play the DKC games don't play them for K.Rool. They can play them for Dixie, because they play as her, but they can't for K.Rool, who's just another generic bad guy who shows up at the end. Getting into Mario spin offs shows that the character's existance is known by Nintendo. It shows that the character is expanded, and that the repeated use means the character went over well. As I've stated before, every time Dixie has shown up for a non Smash game, she's been playable. Nintendo likes the little ape, and the fact that she had programing in Brawl strengthen this theory.

I'm positive Dixie Kong alone wasn't listed on the poll, so believe what you want about Dixie still being in the coding. They started them out together probably and made a model for Dixie most likely, but then they realized putting Diddy as a tag team was an injustice to him. Seeing they didn't want to waste the Dixie model, they kept her there are a possible character to work on eventually, since some of the work was already done anyway, but never got around to it. To avoid fan speculation, they deleted her model before release, which is why the hackers were unable to find one. This is just all my speculation, but it's decently possible.
There's no doubt in anyone's mind that Dixie was in the coding, and K.Rool wasn't. She wasn't part of Diddy in the sense that the Popo is with Nana, due to the Plusle and Minum thing, so she almost certainly had her own moveset worked in there. Its possible that she was programmed in as a partner for Diddy like Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik were likely partnered, and by no means would that be a injustice, since the DKC games which you lust over so much use a tag team system. Heck, saying things are "an injustice" is down right silly. There's no deluded sense of honor in the selection of rosters. There is just what makes the most sense.

Although I still don't see how K. Rool can be generic when you have a character like Ice Climbers on the roster that you aren't against.
The Ice Climbers are about the least generic character in Smash. Certainly more unique than any new addition in Melee. They fight in tandum, which is a different fighting style that no one else has. How is that generic? K.Rool can't do anything like that. If you mean their personalities, then its like calling Mr. G&W, or R.O.B. generic. The may not have real personalities, but at least they are not dull retreads of the Saturday morning cartoon villain's, like K. Rool.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
How elitist. As it stands, if another Smash game were to be made here and now, it is much more likely that Micaiah would get in, and K.Rool wouldn't, and the reasons for that should be obvious to you now. (unless you're just trying to shut them out of your head) There's no where to go with the Dixie argument because its clear from the begining that she has higher priority, at leat in any Smash game Sakurai makes. K.Rool isn't popular, and for the most part, neither is Dixie. The word is getting way to overused. Mario is popular. Pikachu is popular. K.Rool isn't. People who play the DKC games don't play them for K.Rool. They can play them for Dixie, because they play as her, but they can't for K.Rool, who's just another generic bad guy who shows up at the end. Getting into Mario spin offs shows that the character's existance is known by Nintendo. It shows that the character is expanded, and that the repeated use means the character went over well. As I've stated before, every time Dixie has shown up for a non Smash game, she's been playable. Nintendo likes the little ape, and the fact that she had programing in Brawl strengthen this theory.
1)Michiah is not popular at all so it shouldn't even be comparable.
2)King K. Rool is also fairly popular. He is the next most popular DK character.

Do you see why I'm so obsessive with the polls. It's trying to get a clear answer of who is popular. My finding are the Micaiah i one of those 1 characters, a character one guy asked for and no one else.

There's no doubt in anyone's mind that Dixie was in the coding, and K.Rool wasn't. She wasn't part of Diddy in the sense that the Popo is with Nana, due to the Plusle and Minum thing, so she almost certainly had her own moveset worked in there. Its possible that she was programmed in as a partner for Diddy like Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik were likely partnered, and by no means would that be a injustice, since the DKC games which you lust over so much use a tag team system. Heck, saying things are "an injustice" is down right silly. There's no deluded sense of honor in the selection of rosters. There is just what makes the most sense.
This idea is probably wrong since Sakurai said the reason they both aren't in there is becuase he couldn't get it to work.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
*hi-jacks topic*

How does this sound for Tag Team Battles?

Tag Team Battle Mode

The option would be located next to Team Battles on the character selection screen, and of course it can be toggled so that you can have Team Tag Team Battles (lol).

Depending on the number of stocks you choose for the match (a maximum of, let's say, 5), a certain number of tokens will appear over your little character box. They are numbered to determine the order your characters will spawn during the battle. Then you can place the tokens on the characters you want to use (the character box will be divided to show which characters you've selected for your team). You can select the same character more than once (or would this cause confusion due to costumes?).

When you start the battle, the first character you placed a token on will be the first to appear. Your character only changes when you are KOed, since manual changing during a battle would be a little obnoxious, I think.

Cool idea? (sorry to anyone if this sounds exactly like something you thought up)
It sounds needlessly complicated, honestly. Just let the player select three (or however many characters are in each Tag Team match) characters in order, which are then compiled in the character box, layered on top of one another.

Instead of a given characters' name, it'd just say "Team Player 1" (or "Team HMD", depending on the name you pick). The first character you pick is put into play first, and you'd swap characters via taunting, or some funky combination (maybe L+R+A+B).

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
2)King K. Rool is also fairly popular. He is the next most popular DK character.
Are you just going by the results of that one little poll?

It sounds needlessly complicated, honestly. Just let the player select three (or however many characters are in each Tag Team match) characters in order, which are then compiled in the character box, layered on top of one another.

Instead of a given characters' name, it'd just say "Team Player 1" (or "Team HMD", depending on the name you pick). The first character you pick is put into play first, and you'd swap characters via taunting, or some funky combination (maybe L+R+A+B).
Actually, Chief, that's exactly how it would work, sorry if maybe it wasn't too clear. What exactly would happen when a character switches in the middle of a battle?

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
Harsh words, Pieman. Not that I don't agree with you, I would love to have anyone mentioned in this thread in the next smash, especially a magic-user like Micaiah. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, though.

Also, in response to the previously mentioned tag-team mode, I would love to have this addition in smash. Every other fighting game seems to have this as an option, so why can't smash?

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I think that a tag-team mode should only be changeable once KOd. Taunt-changing would be a bit... awkward... and button combinations never were Smash's strong point, since it's supposed to be all simple. Although it could work. Maybe. I'd prefer if it were KO swap only, though.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Are you just going by the results of that one little poll?

Actually, Chief, that's exactly how it would work, sorry if maybe it wasn't too clear. What exactly would happen when a character switches in the middle of a battle?
Of numerous polls. King K. Rool has done pretty well. He's also pretty popular in Japan, but I'm going to look more into popular Japanese characters.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
1)Michiah is not popular at all so it shouldn't even be comparable.

Do you see why I'm so obsessive with the polls. It's trying to get a clear answer of who is popular. My finding are the Micaiah i one of those 1 characters, a character one guy asked for and no one else.
...You mean Sakurai's poll? If so, FE10 hadn't come out in Japan at that time. (In fact, neither had LoZ: TP I think, otherwise there would have been some votes for Midna)

This idea is probably wrong since Sakurai said the reason they both aren't in there is becuase he couldn't get it to work.
Sakurai's made comments about the cut characters? I'd like to see that. Every time you see a interview with him, he talks about how he can't talk about who was cut.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
@Tag Teams

It could, however, work as a two-player team idea. Each of the two players chooses only one character, and it seems like a normal Team Battle. However, the actual match occurs 1 vs. 1, and the player currently on the field can switch their partner in by taunting (something special would have to be worked for Kirby, like pressing the taunt button again mid-taunt). The character wouldn't taunt, but would rather slow time (similar to when you use a Final Smash like Marth's) and exit the screen by whatever means. For most of them, that would be something similar to their entrance animation. Their partner proceeds to enter at that spot via their entrance animation, and they play in their place now. Players must wait 20 - 30 seconds from being put in to switch out again. The team shares stock, or points if it's set on Time mode. The partner who is out retains their damage, but will steadily drop it down to 100% if it's above that when they exit, similar to, yep, Custom Robo.

I think that would be cool. As far as single-player tag teams... Yeah, I have no special ideas there.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
It could, however, work as a two-player team idea. Each of the two players chooses only one character, and it seems like a normal Team Battle. However, the actual match occurs 1 vs. 1, and the player currently on the field can switch their partner in by taunting. The character wouldn't taunt, but would rather slow time (similar to when you use a Final Smash like Marth's) and exit the screen by whatever means. For most of them, that would be something similar to their entrance animation. Their partner proceeds to enter at that spot via their entrance animation, and they play in their place now. The team shares stock, or points if it's set on Time mode. The partner who is out retains their damage, but will steadily drop it down to 100% if it's above that when they exit, similar to, yep, Custom Robo.

I think that would be cool. As far as single-player tag teams... Yeah, I have no special ideas there.
But what if someone wants to taunt? :(

Also, frequent tagging sounds like an obnoxious tactic. Would there be something to remedy this?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
...You mean Sakurai's poll? If so, FE10 hadn't come out in Japan at that time. (In fact, neither had LoZ: TP I think, otherwise there would have been some votes for Midna)
*sigh*

Does no one read anymore? It comes from Polls I have done and observed. No one wants Michiah. Well, 3 people. She will never be in Smash. People are actually suggesting K. Rool.

Sakurai's made comments about the cut characters? I'd like to see that. Every time you see a interview with him, he talks about how he can't talk about who was cut.
It was on Brawl central somewhere.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Polls...where? Here? If so, that's pretty invalid when coming up with what determins popularity. (especially if it was something where you can only pick one character) That being said, I would like a link.

Also, somewhere in Brawl central isn't that good of a source. <_<

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
There'd be a limit to how often you could switch in or out, and when you did, like SirKibble said, it'd just play the Entrance animation again for both characters.

EDIT - Taunts are really the only un-necessary moves in the game, so they're the obvious choice. I mean, if it's on Wii2, maybe you could do some sort of motion control to tag out, but if not, I think taggin'd be the best idea. Especially since it'd let you swap out to any of four characters, rather than having to go in a pre-determined loop (via the use of the D-Pad's four directions).

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I'd think that the whole thing where you only switch into a new character once the character you currently has dies is the most preactical way to do it. The whole swtiching in thing seems very akward from the sound of it, since the ideas seem to be just using a secret taunt or button configuration, which isn't really something I think a Smash game would do.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I had a long post typed it, then it got deleted, really frustrating. Anyway, sorry to sound like an elitist, but you've sort of popped a nerve here, you've managed to get me in a pretty bad mood. Of course I'm assuming the next Smash will be in the distant future, there's no way it's going to happen now. The BARE MINIMUM I'd assume would be four years before another smash is announced. In this time, another FE WILL be released, -most probably- in a new region that is not tellius. The lords from the game will get a fan following, and this severely hurts Miciah's chances. If Miciah is so popular, why wasn't she the assist trophy in Brawl over Lyn? Lyn got her assist trophy spot solely based off popularity. Miciah also has to compete with Sigurd and Roy for the third FE slot, who aren't popular solely because of their game being new and them being female.

K. Rool doesn't have to worry about new characters being introduced to steal his popularity, and the only other character that's already in his series giving him good competetion is Dixie Kong. K. Rool will still be likely when SSB4 rolls around, perhaps even more so. Who knows, maybe we'll actually get a Donkey Kong Country 4? If there is one, K. Rool will more then likely be the villian, but the chances of Dixie being playable aren't guaranteed. I see the most likely pair up being DK and Diddy again, as DK was only playable for the first DKC.

The Ice Climbers are about the least generic character in Smash. Certainly more unique than any new addition in Melee. They fight in tandum, which is a different fighting style that no one else has. How is that generic? K.Rool can't do anything like that. If you mean their personalities, then its like calling Mr. G&W, or R.O.B. generic. The may not have real personalities, but at least they are not dull retreads of the Saturday morning cartoon villain's, like K. Rool.
Nobody's picking up the DKC games for the characters/story, they're doing it for gameplay. K. Rool has just as much of ability to impact sales as Dixie despite not being playable. When you first pick up the game, you might like Dixie's animations and such, but you'll eventually get over them after you see them by the thousandath time, much less at the final boss. In the final boss, you aren't paying attention to your character, you're paying attention to that deadly kremling king who can kill you in two hits with ease.

About K. Rool being a saturday morning cartoon villian, so what if he is? All the other villians are also, except Ganondorf, who comes from a much more mature series. Dixie Kong isn't exactly filled with personality either, she has less so then K. Rool if anything. How so? K. Rool has more dialouge in the DKC games, and in the game with the most dialouge of any of the DK games, DK64, Dixie is absent, and K. Rool's the only one to get voice acting done. If this isn't enough for you and you care about the new games, Dixie is absent from the vast majority of DK Jungle Climber (Getting a cameo in the start) and Diddy, Cranky and, more importantly, K. Rool, all get large amounts of dialouge.

Smash Brothers has also regognized K. Rool's popularity in both his melee and brawl trophies, stating that he's "Picked up quite a few fans over the years."

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
You snuck in before I edited. ;) Go back and read it again now, and see if that fixes things up.
Gotcha now.

I suppose that's a little better for manual tagging. Although I still think pausing the game in an extravagant fashion like that just to switch characters is a little obnoxious (at least Final Smashes affect everyone when it happens), it could work. There should be some sort of visual cue for when it becomes possible to switch (like Wario's fart), possibly glowing stock markers or something. Why the damage decrease though?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Gotcha now.

I suppose that's a little better for manual tagging. Although I still think pausing the game in an extravagant fashion like that just to switch characters is a little obnoxious (at least Final Smashes affect everyone when it happens), it could work. There should be some sort of visual cue for when it becomes possible to switch (like Wario's fart), possibly glowing stock markers or something. Why the damage decrease though?
I like the glowing stock markers idea. Would definitely work. And really, the switch would affect all players, since this is a 2 vs. 2 idea, so it's a 1 vs. 1 battle that's taking place, so either character changing affects everybody. Heck, even if this were a single-player one, fighting against a new character affects everyone.

Anyway, concerning the damage decrease:

1) It creates an incentive to switch even if one of the players on your team is significantly better than the other.

2) It creates an incentive for a player to remain in longer to try and get their partner down to the lowest damage they can before switching out.

3) I like Custom Robo.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I had a long post typed it, then it got deleted, really frustrating. Anyway, sorry to sound like an elitist, but you've sort of popped a nerve here, you've managed to get me in a pretty bad mood. Of course I'm assuming the next Smash will be in the distant future, there's no way it's going to happen now. The BARE MINIMUM I'd assume would be four years before another smash is announced. In this time, another FE WILL be released, -most probably- in a new region that is not tellius. The lords from the game will get a fan following, and this severely hurts Miciah's chances. If Miciah is so popular, why wasn't she the assist trophy in Brawl over Lyn? Lyn got her assist trophy spot solely based off popularity. Miciah also has to compete with Sigurd and Roy for the third FE slot, who aren't popular solely because of their game being new and them being female.
She's wasn't a AT, because it was impossible for her to be a AT. FE10 came out too late. In fact, nearly all the Wii generation game that came out before Brawl were barely reprented, outsid of TP, and that was a launch game. Sigurd is no competition and neither is Roy. One is basically another blue haired sword weilding FE character, while the other just plain isn't going to show up again, due to various fun reasons. The phantom hypothetical character of the next FE game is a worse contender than them, mostly because they could easily have the biggest pro on their side, marketing pottential

K. Rool doesn't have to worry about new characters being introduced to steal his popularity, and the only other character that's already in his series giving him good competetion is Dixie Kong. K. Rool will still be likely when SSB4 rolls around, perhaps even more so. Who knows, maybe we'll actually get a Donkey Kong Country 4? If there is one, K. Rool will more then likely be the villian, but the chances of Dixie being playable aren't guaranteed. I see the most likely pair up being DK and Diddy again, as DK was only playable for the first DKC.
DKC4? Hah. That's a good one. You're saying that its next to impossible that the next FE game is in Tellius, but say there's a possible chance of DKC4? That's rich. :laugh:

Heck, even if there was one, you're thinking things in the same vein as a Geno fan. You're thinking that the game and the character are one in the same. Just like SMRPG isn't Geno, or Geno's game, DKC4 wouldn't be K.Rool, or his game. A new game in the franchise sets up a whole lot of possibilities, and could easily seal the deal for K.Rool (make him playable along with DK) or ruin him. (New original sidekick becomes very poppular, and/or K.Rool isn't the final boss) And by your logic there, it'd be DK and Kiddy. *shudder*

Nobody's picking up the DKC games for the characters/story, they're doing it for gameplay. K. Rool has just as much of ability to impact sales as Dixie despite not being playable. When you first pick up the game, you might like Dixie's animations and such, but you'll eventually get over them after you see them by the thousandath time, much less at the final boss. In the final boss, you aren't paying attention to your character, you're paying attention to that deadly kremling king who can kill you in two hits with ease.
He doesn't. People don't buy a game for a generic bad guy who makes a few appearances before you beat him up. They buy it for the stars. While Dixie was probably not a driving force in anyone's purchase of DKC2, she clearly tested well, and got her name in the title of the next one. And I don't think people pay attention like that when playing a game.

About K. Rool being a saturday morning cartoon villian, so what if he is? All the other villians are also, except Ganondorf, who comes from a much more mature series. Dixie Kong isn't exactly filled with personality either, she has less so then K. Rool if anything. How so? K. Rool has more dialouge in the DKC games, and in the game with the most dialouge of any of the DK games, DK64, Dixie is absent, and K. Rool's the only one to get voice acting done. If this isn't enough for you and you care about the new games, Dixie is absent from the vast majority of DK Jungle Climber (Getting a cameo in the start) and Diddy, Cranky and, more importantly, K. Rool, all get large amounts of dialouge.

None of the other villains are villains though, outside of Bowser, who's iconic in a lot of different ways. (Dedede's not really a villain, and the same applies to Wario. Wolf and MK are anti-heroes)

Dialouge =! Originality. The fact that K.Rool uses it to make him even more of a cliche doesn't help that. Dixie's playable in Jungle Climber.

Smash Brothers has also regognized K. Rool's popularity in both his melee and brawl trophies, stating that he's "Picked up quite a few fans over the years."
It also basically said he was generic too. (And that was back in Melee's day. Heck, if you look at Brawl's trophy, you'll notice how little it was cared for, and how it messes up its facts.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I like the glowing stock markers idea. Would definitely work. And really, the switch would affect all players, since this is a 2 vs. 2 idea, so it's a 1 vs. 1 battle that's taking place, so either character changing affects everybody. Heck, even if this were a single-player one, fighting against a new character affects everyone.

Anyway, concerning the damage decrease:

1) It creates an incentive to switch even if one of the players on your team is significantly better than the other.

2) It creates an incentive for a player to remain in longer to try and get their partner down to the lowest damage they can before switching out.

3) I like Custom Robo.
Well, I meant immediate-damage wise for the "affecting everyone" thing. Maybe a quick Zelda-like transformation would work best.

Ah, those are actually good points. Thank you Custom Robo!

Custom Robo for Brawl!

Pieman and Warlord, I don't think either of you will win the argument....

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
I think having a time limit to switch or being vulnerable when doing so would be the only way to tag-team. Otherwise, players could stall or irritate others by spamming switch-offs. Most fighting games give some sort of disadvantage, and then an advantage (such as slowly increasing health) to make sure both characters are used in a close match.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Excuse me for having some actual hope that a new Donkey Kong will come out that's actually a normal platformer without gimmicks. With New Super Mario Bros and that new Yoshi's Island game, it's far from impossible. Nothing's stopping a new FE game from coming around. What makes you think it won't? If you look at the pattern of the new FE games coming out, they don't stick with one region for long.

Dialouge helps the character be less generic, even if revealing they're stereotypical. The more the character talks, the more they're fleshed out and reveal things about themselves, even if small. Of course it doesn't make them original, but a lack of originality doesn't mean the character is generic. In any case, show me how Dixie's less generic then K. Rool, or even on his level. I dare you. The fact that K. Rool has a personality at all is one of the reasons he has the fans he's managed to form up.

Oh, by the way, how can you not pay attention to a video game when you're playing it? Most people get "sucked in" and don't notice things in the real world when playing a game, having to pause to go into conversation or some such thing.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Well, I meant immediate-damage wise for the "affecting everyone" thing. Maybe a quick Zelda-like transformation would work best.
Maybe, but something just seems weird about that to me. Snake disappears in a bright glowing light, and out comes... Jigglypuff??? And if that exact animation is used, imagine playing against someone who uses Zelda. You don't know if Sheik or King Dedede is coming out of that portal.

Ah, those are actually good points. Thank you Custom Robo!

Custom Robo for Brawl!
Custom Robo wins. No questions asked. Even the supposedly "crappy" GameCube game was good. At least, I thought so. It was the only one I played, though.

Ya siriusly...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Maybe, but something just seems weird about that to me. Snake disappears in a bright glowing light, and out comes... Jigglypuff??? And if that exact animation is used, imagine playing against someone who uses Zelda. You don't know if Sheik or King Dedede is coming out of that portal.
It wouldn't need to look exactly like Zelda's (or have the sound effect) (is there a sound effect?). Fine, maybe it'd look like a Pokemon Change, minus the Pokeball (Smash Ball!).

The thought of Zelda turning into King Dedede is humorous :)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I'm not doubting a new FE game. I'm just saying its odd of you to shoot down said new FE game being in Tellius, while still thinking that there will be a DKC4.

Being generic pretty much means there is no originality, or at least nothing that makes said person stand out on their own. Dixie isn't particularly the most original character, she's a high spirited and energetic female character which is something Brawl doesn't really have. (Refined princess, lighter yet still refined princess, and cold bounty hunter) We have a bumbling King already (Dedede) and we have a villain who's done basically every stereotypical bad guy thing under the sun, from kidnapping to destroying whatever. (Bower)

When I play a video game, in particular a platform, I don't gawk at the bosses I fight, but rather keep a eye on my character, so they don't die. (Though I will compromise and say you have to pay attention to both)

I know I'm probably not going to convince the guy, but there's nothing that he's come up with that debunks what I've been saying, so :p

Leon945

Smash Apprentice
I think like many people have said that they should but megaman in andif they put megaman in they should make it the Megaman X version cause he has all of regular Megaman's abilitys and his final smash could use the up-grade armor that you get in the game. Oh and I also agree custom robo was good Sir Kibble.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I've actually thought of this idea before. Maybe the Down-B will cause like a mode-switch for Megaman. The regular Megabuster would be powerful, but slow. The flame thing would generate a flamethower. And yeah. Stuff like that. All of it would change his B-moves though.

Any other ideas?

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
Enough already

Megaman could have so many final smashes, it would be almost pointless to get an accurate one in here. However, I think he will be in the next game.

I think we have had enough K. Rool discussion in this thread though. For a thread completely on the topic, click HERE

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
I think like many people have said that they should but megaman in andif they put megaman in they should make it the Megaman X version cause he has all of regular Megaman's abilitys and his final smash could use the up-grade armor that you get in the game. Oh and I also agree custom robo was good Sir Kibble.
but megaman has to have his classic side aswell(even if its an alt.costume)

Item#2 can be his recovery

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I've actually thought of this idea before. Maybe the Down-B will cause like a mode-switch for Megaman. The regular Megabuster would be powerful, but slow. The flame thing would generate a flamethower. And yeah. Stuff like that. All of it would change his B-moves though.

Any other ideas?
I know pretty much next to nothing when it comes down to actual Mega Man gameplay, but having a character with the ability to "switch modes" sounds verrrry cool (and original!).

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
So. . .Dixie's something we don't have in Brawl because she's female? Just pretend she's somehow male for a moment and stop being sexist, what do you think now? She looks awful similiar to Diddy, a lot more so then K. Rool to Bowser.
That's not being sexist. And did you not read the rest of Pieman's description of the current Smash females?

EDIT: SirKibble (the below post), would the Smash symbol appear superimposed over the character or actually above their heads? Beam me up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom