• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
It wouldn't need to look exactly like Zelda's (or have the sound effect) (is there a sound effect?). Fine, maybe it'd look like a Pokemon Change, minus the Pokeball (Smash Ball!).

The thought of Zelda turning into King Dedede is humorous :)
Something specific to Smash like that would work well. The Smash Bros. symbol glows over the character, they dematerialize into it, and their partner materializes from it. Me like.

Leon945

Smash Apprentice
Also some people might not agree but I think Goku would make a good character of course his ability to fly would have to go to make it fair I even thought up B attacks

up b uses instant transmission to warp a little bit like Zelda

down b Goku shots an energy blast and if you keep doing it you can shot more

neutral b Goku fires Kamehameha

left/right b does a combo of punches kinda like Marth's left/right b attack

Final smash Goku turns Super sayin which makes all his moves more powerful and you can fly around and it lasts for about as long as super sonic does

Pieman0920

Smash Master
So. . .Dixie's something we don't have in Brawl because she's female? Just pretend she's somehow male for a moment and stop being sexist, what do you think now? She looks awful similiar to Diddy, a lot more so then K. Rool to Bowser.
Hmm? She's female. Stop making up hypothetical scenarios. And while the context of your accusations would be a lot more serious if this wasn't Brawl we were talking about, and its very obvious lack of females. While a female character shouldn't get in because she's a female alone, neither should a villain, which is basically K.Rool's backing. Dixie is different, even if not by much. K.Rool has his slight differences too, but in the end not as much as Dixie's. In the end this is probably why Dixie was considered before K.Rool for Brawl, and in all likelyhood SSB4 as well.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Dixie is Diddy with a ponytail, eyelashes, pink clothing, and a lack of a tail.

K. Rool lacks Bowser's shell, has a cape, breastplate, and crown, has a very different looking head, looking nothing like that of Bowser. His original design also has a tail notably much longer then Bowser's which could be used for attacks.

I made this post for the K. Rool thread that guy made and got locked, and I don't want it to go to waste, so I'm just gonna post it. The most notable point in it is this argument is that being a heavyweight is a GOOD thing, as heavyweight characters aren't in as much abundance as small, fast characters, which is what Dixie would be. Anyway, the post:

K. Rool's only competetion for his spot is Dixie Kong, and that won't change any time soon. DK WILL get a 3rd character in SSB4, and it's going to be one or the other.

The main thing Dixie has in her favor over the king is appearing in Mario spin offs and actually being playable in two main games, and also having been considered as a tag team with Diddy. It is generally assumed that Dixie wasn't intended to be her own character seriously at any point in development, as otherwise we'd have more leftovers. The others of the forbidden 7, Toon Zelda/Shiek, Plusle & Minun and Dr. Mario are all quite controversial and out there, making it quite questionable that any of them were considered much.

K. Rool has his perfect attendance record in the four most important games, DKC 1-3 and DK64 (While Dixie was only present in DKC2 and 3), while placing on various popularity polls higher then Dixie Kong as an idividual character. K. Rool also has more moveset potetional with his blunderbuss, cape, crown, possibly his tail (Should that design of him be used), and there being a limited amount of heavyweights in Brawl compared to the other weight classes. We also already have plenty of sidekicks, another villian would make more sense.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Pieman0920 said:
DKC4? Hah. That's a good one. You're saying that its next to impossible that the next FE game is in Tellius, but say there's a possible chance of DKC4? That's rich.
Actually, Rare has publicly stated that they want to make DKC4. On the Wii, even. As a WiiWare game, but apparently it's up Nintendo hasn't said anything about it, so...

SirKibble said:
Custom Robo wins. No questions asked. Even the supposedly "crappy" GameCube game was good. At least, I thought so. It was the only one I played, though.
V2 on the N64 is easily the best of them, but it's Japan-only. Arena on the DS is better than the Gamecube one which, compared to the rest of them, simply didn't have a worthwhile story mode.

But the points inspired from the game are still valid, so, whatever.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
Also some people might not agree but I think Goku would make a good character of course his ability to fly would have to go to make it fair I even thought up B attacks

Final smash Goku turns Super sayin which makes all his moves more powerful and you can fly around and it lasts for about as long as super sonic does
Keep your anime characters out of my smash!!!

Unless Nintendo wants to ***** out one of their most popular franchises, they should stick to video game series.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Keep your anime characters out of my smash!!!

Unless Nintendo wants to ***** out one of their most popular franchises, they should stick to video gmae series.
Now that's not necessary. I don't ever support/mention those characters, because Sakurai's totally ruled out the possibility, but if it were ever to happen, I would 'asplode with happy if Goku, Luffy, Jotaro, Ken, and so on somehow made it into Smash Bros.

To be honest I'd actually prefer that over my videogame-based dream team. :chuckle:

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

The five reasons why Goku won't work:

5) Everything he was in after Cell died sucked. It was just pointless money whoring. The entire Dragonball series, ruled, the first half of DBZ rules, and then DB:GT sucked.

4) Can you really see him as a Smasher? Snake, who didn't really fit, works better than Goku.

3) He would have to be incredibly overpowered. In the anime he's like the most powerful person in eight different universes and could go toe-to-toe with Captain Falcon and Cthulu in a steel cage deathmatch.

2) There's no number two. Sorry, I lied.

1) Sakurai said no anime characters.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
Now that's not necessary. I don't ever support/mention those characters, because Sakurai's totally ruled out the possibility, but if it were ever to happen, I would 'asplode with happy if Goku, Luffy, Jotaro, Ken, and so on somehow made it into Smash Bros.

To be honest I'd actually prefer that over my videogame-based dream team. :chuckle:
lol i know, i would love a smash game to have anime characters.. OH WAIT, THERE's already been TWO!

...Jump Super and Ultimate Stars

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Dixie is Diddy with a ponytail, eyelashes, pink clothing, and a lack of a tail.
Not quite. Originally, Diddy is basically protrayed as a monkey with "tude" or at least what you'd consider that back in the 90's. Rocking on his guitar and wearing shades, while Dixie was never portrayed as such. (Though there were quite a bit of girly themes thrusted upon her, though never something like a damsel in distress, which ironically Diddy became)

K. Rool lacks Bowser's shell, has a cape, breastplate, and crown, has a very different looking head, looking nothing like that of Bowser. His original design also has a tail notably much longer then Bowser's which could be used for attacks.
I've been telling you that he's basically a clone of the Supershow Bowser, where the differences are basically brought down to different nose/mouth, horns, and shell. Even looking at how you compare modern Bowser to K.Rool, its still only five differences compared to two. Also the tails are pretty much the same size, both being very stubbly.

I made this post for the K. Rool thread that guy made and got locked, and I don't want it to go to waste, so I'm just gonna post it. The most notable point in it is this argument is that being a heavyweight is a GOOD thing, as heavyweight characters aren't in as much abundance as small, fast characters, which is what Dixie would be. Anyway, the post:
We have six heavyweights (Bowser, Ganondorf, Ike, DK, Dedede, and Charizard) which is good enough, since they are genrally the less played characters. (Plust its not like we are overflowing with small fast characters...Squirtle, Pikachu, MetaKnight, Diddy and uh...does Sonic count as small?)

Pretty much everything in that post was just stuff you've been getting nowhere in this topic. Moveset pottential means squat for a character's chances to get in if its a generic moveset. While the outwards apperances can be somewhat unique, the attacks are no where near unique. While having a totally unique moveset isn't mandatory, if you can't get one, then its not a pro in your favor. You also put way to much emphasis in the past DK games, and are just shutting off things that happened later on. While you can do that all you like, you're not going to make accurate predictions that way.

In any case, I'll revive this discussion tomorrow.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman

Good taste, I see.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
The five reasons why Goku won't work:

5) Everything he was in after Cell died sucked. It was just pointless money whoring. The entire Dragonball series, ruled, the first half of DBZ rules, and then DB:GT sucked.

4) Can you really see him as a Smasher? Snake, who didn't really fit, works better than Goku.

3) He would have to be incredibly overpowered. In the anime he's like the most powerful person in eight different universes and could go toe-to-toe with Captain Falcon and Cthulu in a steel cage deathmatch.

2) There's no number two. Sorry, I lied.

1) Sakurai said no anime characters.
I agree with #5 (though the ending of the Buu Saga was beautiful), #2, and #1.

But the other two are outright lies. Goku does fine (and isn't even that great of a character, unless you count his Vegito evolution) in, as ness4life brought up, the Jump! Stars games.

So it can be done, and no, he wouldn't be more awkward than Snake. I mean really. REALLY

EDIT -

KoJ said:
Good taste, I see.
Why thank you. :chuckle:

I though about putting in Naruto and Ichigo, but I don't think they're going to be regarded as legendary among the likes of DBZ, One Piece, JoJo, and Fist of the North Star.

Though they are really good comics.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Not quite. Originally, Diddy is basically protrayed as a monkey with "tude" or at least what you'd consider that back in the 90's. Rocking on his guitar and wearing shades, while Dixie was never portrayed as such. (Though there were quite a bit of girly themes thrusted upon her, though never something like a damsel in distress, which ironically Diddy became)

I've been telling you that he's basically a clone of the Supershow Bowser, where the differences are basically brought down to different nose/mouth, horns, and shell. Even looking at how you compare modern Bowser to K.Rool, its still only five differences compared to two. Also the tails are pretty much the same size, both being very stubbly.

We have six heavyweights (Bowser, Ganondorf, Ike, DK, Dedede, and Charizard) which is good enough, since they are genrally the less played characters. (Plust its not like we are overflowing with small fast characters...Squirtle, Pikachu, MetaKnight, Diddy and uh...does Sonic count as small?)

Pretty much everything in that post was just stuff you've been getting nowhere in this topic. Moveset pottential means squat for a character's chances to get in if its a generic moveset. While the outwards apperances can be somewhat unique, the attacks are no where near unique. While having a totally unique moveset isn't mandatory, if you can't get one, then its not a pro in your favor. You also put way to much emphasis in the past DK games, and are just shutting off things that happened later on. While you can do that all you like, you're not going to make accurate predictions that way.

In any case, I'll revive this discussion tomorrow.
Actually, I would say we lack Heavy-Weights. We have, counting Ike, 6.

39 characters, -6, = 33 characters, that's less than 15%. Middle-Weights, however, we have about 23.

Light Characters, would be: Pikachu, Jiggs, Kirby, Meta Knight, Game and Watch, Diddy, Sonic, Ness, Lucas, Squirtle, and Olimar.

That's 10.

6+22+11 = 39.

Yeah... too many heavy-weights..right.

I think you'd be surprised by the amount of current DK players, and Dedede players.

DK was a very high-selling Nintendo series, on another point. King K. Rool, would not only have amazing moveset potential that would work well in a smash game, but he would be a heavy-weight. Making.... 7 heavy-wights..still not overkill.

DK is very under-repped, and I have an idea that under-repped series willl be receiving a boost in Smash 4, which should bring in:

K. Rool

Ridley

Samurai Goroh/Black Shadow

A few others for under-repped series, like Pikmin, possibly.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Polls...where? Here? If so, that's pretty invalid when coming up with what determins popularity. (especially if it was something where you can only pick one character) That being said, I would like a link.

Also, somewhere in Brawl central isn't that good of a source. <_<
No, polls have been done on 4 different forums and I've seen the results of the one here. I still have more to do.

The Brawl Central was an interview found in Famuist. Spelled wrong probably.

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
I guess that the administrators prefer to keep the argument here, but, I tried.

The crown throw would be a nice move though, I always liked it. And the cannon ball for a projectile.

But I cannot say what Nintendo will decide.

But speaking of villains, could they not pull one from Fire Emblem, say, Zephiel?

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I'm quite opposed to having anime characters in Smash, since, they already HAVE their own Smash-esque video game. Sure, we'd love to see the Elrics and Haruhara Haruko in an anime-related game that isn't Jump Ultimate Stars, but not in Smash. Smash is all about video games, and anything else...is just poo poo.

I am waiting for actual fighting game characters to cross-over though:

Super Smash Bros: STREET FIGHTER VS. NINTENDO! (AWESOME)

Vega for top tier :D

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Yeah I noticed that. That burn must sting...:lick:

But speaking of villains, could they not pull one from Fire Emblem, say, Zephiel?
The issue with FE villains is that very, very, very few of them appear in more than one game, or ever really factor into the game more than via a few lines in certain dialogs, and as a last boss.

@ SmashChu: It's "Famitsu" (Fuh-meet-soo)

MajinNecro69 said:
Dan Hibiki for top tier :D
Fix'd. :D

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Problem with Fire Emblem is that there are so many characters that it's hard to chose one. Since the games always change the main hero, you have trouble picking who to use. As such, there isn't much need for a villain.

With that in mind, there isn't much need for anything. We don't need King K. Rool becuase he is a villain, we need him becuase people want him. Does it make any sence? We get into trouble when saying "this needs that". This is why popularity helps.

EDIT:Thanks Cheif

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I am waiting for actual fighting game characters to cross-over though:

Super Smash Bros: STREET FIGHTER VS. NINTENDO! (AWESOME)

Vega for top tier :D
At least one real fighting game representative would shake up Smash a bit, and in a good way. Such a character would seem a little out of place, yet fit at the same time (imagine that!)

hint hint at future SSB4 Long Post

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
With that in mind, there isn't much need for anything. We don't need King K. Rool becuase he is a villain, we need him becuase people want him. Does it make any sence? We get into trouble when saying "this needs that". This is why popularity helps.
And if we go by that standard, K. Rool's chances suddenly don't look so good.

The last few games he was in either sucked (Barrel Blast) or undersold (King of Swing/JC). So he's not really in the public eye.

Nintendo nerds who owned SNES's know him, but to be honest that archetype propbably makes up much less of the overall Smash Bros. purchaser body than we think. :dizzy:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Powerful characters:
1: Bowser
2: Dedede
3: DK
4: Charizard
5: Ganondorf
6: Ike

Fast characters:

1: Meta Knight
2: Diddy Kong
3: Kirby
4: Sonic (One of the more "in your face" fast characters in game)
5: Pikachu
6: Squirtle
7: Marth
8: Fox
9: Falco
10: Peach
11: Toon Link

And anyone not listed as power or fast is in the middle. In any case, there are nearly double as many fast characters as power characters, and if you remove squirtle/charizard (The transformations), it's exactly double. We are indeed lacking heavy weights in the total percentage of Brawl's roster.

WHO CARES ABOUT THE MARIO CARTOON DESIGN OF BOWSER?

Sorry, but really now, how is this relevant at all? The Mario cartoon isn't canon and is very badly recieved with the general fans of the Mario series. The Mario cartoon's quality is on the same level (Or at least close) as the Zelda CDI, and if you need proof of that go on youtube and look at all the youtube poops of "mama luigi" alongside Zelda CDI. I've seen them. It's scary stuff. Nintendo didn't make the show, it's not their design of Bowser.

What does Dixie have that she can do that Diddy can't do besides her ponytail twirl? All that'll get her is a recovery and some tilts. K. Rool has his crown, cape, blunderbuss gun, tail (Which Bowser doesn't use), larger mouth to bite people with (Which bowser does very rarely) and swipes with his claws (Which, once again, Bowser rarely bothers to use.). The final smash that'd make the most sense for him is cannonballs falling down on the arena like in the original DKC boss fight, and that'd be very easy to implement.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
At least one real fighting game representative would shake up Smash a bit, and in a good way. Such a character would seem a little out of place, yet fit at the same time (imagine that!)

hint hint at future SSB4 Long Post
All none Nintendo characters aren't going to fit in one way or another. The game is Nintendo driven so seeing even Sonic sends up red flags.

Truth is people are too third party happy. I know why, but it is a bit over blown. I've said a lot but just remember that it is impossible to add too many third party characters, so expect a game with 99% Nintendo content.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Sorry double post.
And if we go by that standard, K. Rool's chances suddenly don't look so good.
Actually, we dont becuase he is pretty popular.
The last few games he was in either sucked (Barrel Blast) or undersold (King of Swing/JC). So he's not really in the public eye.

Nintendo nerds who owned SNES's know him, but to be honest that archetype propbably makes up much less of the overall Smash Bros. purchaser body than we think. :dizzy:
Again this is all irrelevant. K Rool shouldn't be in Smash becuase recent DK games suck. It means nothing. There were a ton of Barrel Blast trophies despite the game "sucked".

The DK franchise is one that has sold a heck of a lot of copies and is popular world wide, not to mention the only one able to break away from Mario. Fans wont care if the new games are bad. They want to play as King K. Rool. By this logic, Sonic shouldn't have been a contender for Smash, yet he was the most requested character of them all.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
After making a boss set, I was thinking... Which bosses should appear?

My ideas...

Rayquaza (Only this time, you fight him up in the sky on a field of disappearing clouds.)
Fractail (Paper Mario)
Twilight Inferno (The Legend of Zelda. You fight in a small cave where he follows you around, pelting you with fire. You have to grab the metal box that sometimes drops from the top of the cave and grab his chain while in metal form, tripping:chuckle: him and making him vulnerable to attack).
Metal Gear RAY (:p)
Cactus King (King K. Rool, in my opinion, is going to be a character, so that takes out him.)
Medusa (Kid Icarus)
Mother Brain or Metroid Prime

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
This Argument Is Making This Thread Less Cool said:
What does Dixie have that she can do that Diddy can't do besides her ponytail twirl?
Bear children.

...I assume.

SmashChu said:
By this logic, Sonic shouldn't have been a contender for Smash, yet he was the most requested character of them all.
Ah, but even though Sonic hasn't had too many good games recently, he's still a massively popular character. The games may be bad, but they still tons more than even most Nintendo games.

On the other hand, what was the last Donkey Kong game that was a bonafide monster in sales?

And I assume Barrel Blast trophies were present because...well, it was the most recent game. Ditto for most franchises. All the Zelda trophies were from TP/WW, Earthbound had all Mother 3 stuff, Starfox had Assault characters, and so on.

@ KoJ: CactusKingCactusKingCactusKing! You did a boss job on RAY, so I'd really like to see you tackle the best DK boss ever--O NO I DI'U'NT!!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Powerful characters:
1: Bowser
2: Dedede
3: DK
4: Charizard
5: Ganondorf
6: Ike

Fast characters:

1: Meta Knight
2: Diddy Kong
3: Kirby
4: Sonic (One of the more "in your face" fast characters in game)
5: Pikachu
6: Squirtle
7: Marth
8: Fox
9: Falco
10: Peach
11: Toon Link

And anyone not listed as power or fast is in the middle. In any case, there are nearly double as many fast characters as power characters, and if you remove squirtle/charizard (The transformations), it's exactly double. We are indeed lacking heavy weights in the total percentage of Brawl's roster.
You said small and fast, and now changed your standards here. While all these characters are indeed faster and genrally smaller than the heavyweights, some I wouldn't count as fast (relativly) or small. For instance, I wouldn't count Kirby or Peach as being fast in comparison to some of the others there, and Peach/Fox/Falco/Marth are not small. Additionally, looking at smash wiki, the heavy weights actually had quite a bit of characters I didn't add. (Snake, Samus, and Yoshi) and that's counting only the suepr hevyweights.

WHO CARES ABOUT THE MARIO CARTOON DESIGN OF BOWSER?
You seemed to care for a bit back there. It was degrading K.Rool or something like that, wasn't it? :p

Sorry, but really now, how is this relevant at all? The Mario cartoon isn't canon and is very badly recieved with the general fans of the Mario series.
Most people, including me, enjoyed it growing up. Its not meant to be taken seriosuly. And its relivant as K.Rool is clearly a rip off of that show's Bowser.

The Mario cartoon's quality is on the same level (Or at least close) as the Zelda CDI, and if you need proof of that go on youtube and look at all the youtube poops of "mama luigi" alongside Zelda CDI. I've seen them. It's scary stuff. Nintendo didn't make the show, it's not their design of Bowser.
They are nothing alike though, and you really have to get your eyes checked. Zelda CDI is like Mario CDI, and the Mario cartoon is like the Zelda cartoon. That's it. And I don't think I need to restate my point about K.Rool being a rip off of that Bowser, and not the standard one.

What does Dixie have that she can do that Diddy can't do besides her ponytail twirl? All that'll get her is a recovery and some tilts. K. Rool has his crown, cape, blunderbuss gun, tail (Which Bowser doesn't use), larger mouth to bite people with (Which bowser does very rarely) and swipes with his claws (Which, once again, Bowser rarely bothers to use.). The final smash that'd make the most sense for him is cannonballs falling down on the arena like in the original DKC boss fight, and that'd be very easy to implement.
I thought you played the DKC games. She can pick up thing with her hair, and attack with it. She's also got quite a bit of sports moves she's picked up through the cross overs. The crown is a idiotic, and would just be a boomerang. The cape really doesn't matter. The blunderbuss would just lead to gerinc projectile. His tail is irrelivant. Bowser could bite in Melee, and he actually had large jaws, unlike K.Rool thing snout. Bowser uses his claws all the time in Smash. Those canonballs would be a retread of Lucas/Ness's FS.

Darkurai

Smash Master

The crown throw would be a nice move though, I always liked it. And the cannon ball for a projectile.

But I cannot say what Nintendo will decide.

Another thread was a terrible idea btw.
The mods never wanted any SSB4 threads in the first place. This thread only exists because the got sick of locking countless SSB4 threads.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
All none Nintendo characters aren't going to fit in one way or another. The game is Nintendo driven so seeing even Sonic sends up red flags.

Truth is people are too third party happy. I know why, but it is a bit over blown. I've said a lot but just remember that it is impossible to add too many third party characters, so expect a game with 99% Nintendo content.
A few third-parties + a few future Nintendo newcomers + some old favorites + the 30+ veterans would still be very much mostly Nintendo. I realize that it would be up to whoever's in charge to go get/approve the third-parties, but it's always possible. :)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
You said small and fast, and now changed your standards here. While all these characters are indeed faster and genrally smaller than the heavyweights, some I wouldn't count as fast (relativly) or small. For instance, I wouldn't count Kirby or Peach as being fast in comparison to some of the others there, and Peach/Fox/Falco/Marth are not small. Additionally, looking at smash wiki, the heavy weights actually had quite a bit of characters I didn't add. (Snake, Samus, and Yoshi) and that's counting only the suepr hevyweights.
I said POWER and FAST characters when I listed them, not heavyweights and lightweights. And since we're counting transformations, I've got two more fast characters for you, Shiek and Zero Suit Samus. Being heavy in weight doesn't change the play style that much, it's being slow and powerful/fast and weak that matters far more. Dedede's play style wouldn't change if he became light, and he probably wouldn't drop much in tier position, if at all.

Most people, including me, enjoyed it growing up. Its not meant to be taken seriosuly. And its relivant as K.Rool is clearly a rip off of that show's Bowser.
You honestly think that the developers were looking at a mediocre show to design K. Rool? Rare has more originality then that and isn't so horribly idiotic to base the design off of one of the most horrendous shows untrue to the source material ever made. I have seen a couple episodes of the both the Mario and Zelda cartoons, it lowered my IQ points a fair bit. If you want to know what fans think of them, look no further then youtube poops.

They are nothing alike though, and you really have to get your eyes checked. Zelda CDI is like Mario CDI, and the Mario cartoon is like the Zelda cartoon. That's it. And I don't think I need to restate my point about K.Rool being a rip off of that Bowser, and not the standard one.
Since when was the Zelda cartoon good either? "EXCUUUUUSE ME PRINCESS!". While perhaps not as bad as CDI, they're still horrendous, and that's what matters.

I thought you played the DKC games. She can pick up thing with her hair, and attack with it. She's also got quite a bit of sports moves she's picked up through the cross overs. The crown is a idiotic, and would just be a boomerang. The cape really doesn't matter. The blunderbuss would just lead to gerinc projectile. His tail is irrelivant. Bowser could bite in Melee, and he actually had large jaws, unlike K.Rool thing snout. Bowser uses his claws all the time in Smash. Those canonballs would be a retread of Lucas/Ness's FS.[/QUOTE]

The main reason I said the ness/lucas FS thing would be so that they'd be attracted away from just making him Giga K. Rool.

How will picking thing up with her hair give her anything besides items? Moves from sports are generally just excuses the the core character doesn't have enough good moves. Unless the character actually originates from is most well known from spin offs (Like Waluigi), spin off moves shouldn't be in their attacks. It's an insult to the character, Dixie is no exception. Really now, I've made a K. Rool moveset, let's see you make one for Dixie now that gives her a distinct playstyle, as bickering over who has more potetional isn't getting us anywhere.

Check the link in my sig. I stole Bowser's AA, ftilt, dtilt, fsmash and dedede's running attack, but comparing a few moves like that is like comparing Lucario to Mewtwo, whom only share fsmash and standard B.

And in any case, all this is doing is getting a bad rep for the both of us. Can we please just stop this? Nobody's going to win the argument, and we're mostly arguing over completely pointless subjects that won't affect their chances of getting in, going off on unrelated insiginicant details, like who's more serious (Bowser or K. Rool), K. Rool's origin, which of the two is less generic (Dixie or K. Rool), and so many more things. All it really comes down to in the end is a popularity contest.

K. Rool has more popularity on message boards, while Dixie has more in real life, generally speaking. But the only time Sakurai listens to the opinions of fans is when he hosts polls, otherwise he doesn't listen to what they think. Guess who are the ones who answer the polls? The ones on the message boards who are so geeky as to actually care who gets into a Smash game, like you and me.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Ah, but even though Sonic hasn't had too many good games recently, he's still a massively popular character. The games may be bad, but they still tons more than even most Nintendo games.

On the other hand, what was the last Donkey Kong game that was a bonafide monster in sales?
But you contradict yourself.
You say his games haven't been good or sold well
I say that it's about popularity, and by your logic, Sonic shouldn't have gotten in
You reply nu uh He got in becuase he was popular.

You see the train of thought.

Again, everyone is trying to argue "oh, he is more important" or "His games suck" but it's all dumb in the end. Popularity is going to be the X factor. The whole reason anyone mentioned moveset potential and importance was to generate hype for the character. Again, look at the characters in Brawl. Most of them were highly requested. If they want it, it shall be in.

And the last DK game to sold well was Donkey Kong vs Mario 2: March of the Minis. It should be noted that the franchise has sold over 45 million copies.

Roihu

Smash Ace
There shouldn't be any more subspace/ any other thing monsters.
All the enemies should be from Nintendo series.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
It's idiotic to have original enemies when you can make people happy by including Nintendo enemies. There's not exactly too few to choose from, and most of the enemies have similiar counterparts that could easily replace them. Why make an original boss when you can make more people happy and save the time of designing a new one by putting an old one? Heavy Lobster would make a perfect fit over Duon. Galleom doesn't have an idividual boss that screams to get in over him, but really anything would do, a zelda boss like stallord or gohma or some such thing would've worked fine.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
After making a boss set, I was thinking... Which bosses should appear?

My ideas...

Rayquaza (Only this time, you fight him up in the sky on a field of disappearing clouds.)
Fractail (Paper Mario)
Twilight Inferno (The Legend of Zelda. You fight in a small cave where he follows you around, pelting you with fire. You have to grab the metal box that sometimes drops from the top of the cave and grab his chain while in metal form, tripping:chuckle: him and making him vulnerable to attack).
Metal Gear RAY (:p)
Cactus King (King K. Rool, in my opinion, is going to be a character, so that takes out him.)
Medusa (Kid Icarus)
Mother Brain or Metroid Prime
Laughing Octopus
O' Chucks
Giratina
Pigma
Dark Nut
Petey Piranha
Meta Ridley
Mickey Mouse
Spongebob Squarepants

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What I find ironic is that Peach was considered middleweight in Melee, but got downgraded to a lightweight in Brawl.

Additionally, certain heavyweights were actually faster than some lightweights (such as Ike for instance).

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Gohma would be a great homage. There are plenty of Zelda bosses to choose from, and the series deserves at least one boss. They should really try to bring a boss in from each series that is represented by characters. Obviously, characters like ROB won't get a boss.

Shadowmaster9000

Smash Rookie
I think having a time limit to switch or being vulnerable when doing so would be the only way to tag-team. Otherwise, players could stall or irritate others by spamming switch-offs. Most fighting games give some sort of disadvantage, and then an advantage (such as slowly increasing health) to make sure both characters are used in a close match.
Not so sure if this has already been said, but I know in most of Soul Calibur IV's one player modes, there's a tag team system that is represented by a bar in the bottom left. Switching characters decreases the bar, and the most you can switch up to before your bar's completely drained is 3 times. The bar increases slowly over time, and more so when you land attacks on your opponent (Characters not in play also slowly recover health).

Not only does it keep switching limited, it can still allow for some deadly combos, which the com like to do a lot in the later floors of SCIV's Tower of Lost Souls mode (Especially the second last level).

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Not so sure if this has already been said, but I know in most of Soul Calibur IV's one player modes, there's a tag team system that is represented by a bar in the bottom left. Switching characters decreases the bar, and you most you can switch up to before your bar's completely drained is 3 times. The bar increases slowly over time, and more so when you land attacks on your opponent (Characters not in play also slowly recover health).

Not only does it keep switching limited, it can still allow for some deadly combos, which the com like to do a lot in the later floors of SCIV's Tower of Lost Souls mode (Especially the second last level).
Are there any links to videos of such tagging?

EDIT: Never mind, found some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom