• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Yes, but a lot of children in this thread seem to think Nintendo can make 100 character through the wave of a wand, and that the only reason we didn't get Ashley, Geno, Lyn, Krystal, Cloud, Sephiroth, and Narutc00l is because Sakurai was lazy.
No. That'd be because Square Enix is a greedy *****. As for Lyn, she isn't THAT popular. And Narutc00l?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Right.

Also, where the hell do you get the idea that I'm going nuts over Dixie Kong vs. K. Rool? OH WAIT, you are inferring this.
Your edginess in defending Dixie Kong's chances over that of K. Rool. I infer that you may have a preference of Dixie over K. Rool, leading you to support her more than the bumbling gator king.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Sorry, but nostalgia and popular characters being imported into a cartoon series don't do much for me. Nostalgia can only carry one so far. I'm seventeen, so unless you're an adult, I'm not exactly "Pretty young". Sending low blow insults only make you look more desperate.
You're taking them so harshly, that it makes you look younger than you really are, that's all. Normally people like a cartoon, the grow to old for it and dislike it, and then grow up enough to appriciate it again...I wouldn't think you'd be too young at 17 though. It's like how you can love Pokemon when you're a little kid, grow tired of it/or think its kiddy, but then grow up enough to see some of its old awesomness.

While the Donkey Kong Country show was indeed bad, it wasn't nearly as bad as those other two shows in my opinion, as the jokes didn't make me want to vomit like the ones in the other two shows. The characters also wern't horribly out of character constantly like in the mario and zelda cartoons, making the fact that my favorite characters were in it actually mattered. Not that they were perfectly in character by any means, but they were a heck of a lot closer then those other two shows.
The DK show wasn't nearly as true to the games as the Mario one (never liked Zelda as a kid) and had all that singing, and the characters couldn't really be out of character due to them having very little character to begin with at the time. (Applies to Mario too) Plus, you have to give the Mario show a break in some of the character designs, seeing as most of them were finalized after the show was done and over.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
If Nintendo wasn't lazy, not only would we be able to already be playing Dixie Kong, and K.Rool, but also Swanky. (Who is the most deserving of all characters in every series, tbqh imho)
there is a difference between laziness and running out of time. You know it probably takes a while to put one character into the game let alone the 100 others people wanted.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Swanky is so important though, that the only excuse for him not being in is laziness.

The guy's got bling, style, and works as a homage to Nintendo's current business plan. He also has a fully functioning sarcasm detector.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Swanky is so important though, that the only excuse for him not being in is laziness.

The guy's got bling, style, and works as a homage to Nintendo's current business plan. He also has a fully functioning sarcasm detector.
I take that as an insult. =\

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Who the hell is Swanky?

Also they're both stupid and should take a back-back-back-back-backseat to a number of other characters. But if you have to pick one (and they both have enough strong points to be considered equally), then Krystal wins.

If you have to ask why, then you need to look over some of my previous posts. :chuckle:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I'm not going to "admit defeat" any time soon, and this looks like a pretty good time to end the argument, it's on a neutral basis, nobody really got the last word in, it just ended. So please, no more on the topic for another hundred pages or so. Agreed?

He means Leon from Starfox. . .And you saying Leon Squall is more deserving then Krystal makes me laugh, even though Krystal is very undeserving. Krystal is female representation and wouldn't be a FOURTH bloody character based off Fox. Three is one thing, four is ridiculous.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
We really need to take the suckage level of this thread down... No more Dixie-talk.

smashbot226 said:
LEON VS. KRYSTAL: WHO'S BETTAH?
Well, Leon is bettah, but Krystal's probably more deserving of a place in Smash.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think we have too many star fox characters...
I agree too, at least in comparison of other series that need other reps. Personally, I don't think sales for a series should take into too much account for the amount of reps. Rather, potential in a character should be taken into account as well.

Look at Metroid. Aside from Ridley and Dark Samus, there's no one else worth considering for being a rep. Other series like Fire Emblem, MOTHER, and Pokemon (and all being RPG series also sets up movesets pretty well) have more candidates than the Metroid series.

I'm not saying that character potential should be taken into priority or anything, but that's one of the reasons why there are more characters in that series than others.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
So you're giving up, MW? I weeeen~ :D

In any case, Swanky Kong is in fact the swankiest Kong around. He showed up in DKC2/3 as a Kong who ran a bunch of minigames. Did I mention that he was very swanky?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I love how you question my age when you make all those joke posts about Swanky and randomly say you "weeeen".

Just throw Funky's clothes on DK and you've got Funky, and the same can be done for Swanky. They should both be alt costumes. (Seriously, I'd actually like to see it happen.)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I agree too, at least in comparison of other series that need other reps. Personally, I don't think sales for a series should take into too much account for the amount of reps. Rather, potential in a character should be taken into account as well.

Look at Metroid. Aside from Ridley and Dark Samus, there's no one else worth considering for being a rep. Other series like Fire Emblem, MOTHER, and Pokemon (and all being RPG series also sets up movesets pretty well) have more candidates than the Metroid series.

I'm not saying that character potential should be taken into priority or anything, but that's one of the reasons why there are more characters in that series than others.
but even so, it still wouldn't be right just because a series has characters with potential to choose from.

smashbot226

Smash Master
So you're giving up, MW? I weeeen~ :D

In any case, Swanky Kong is in fact the swankiest Kong around. He showed up in DKC2/3 as a Kong who ran a bunch of minigames. Did I mention that he was very swanky?
THIS IS UNDENIABLE PROOF THAT SWANKY SHOULD BE IN. IF YOU TRY AND ARGUE YOU WILL ONLY BE LAUGHED AT AND GET ***** BY THE LONG **** OF THE SWANK.

CHUNY KONG is more deserving...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
wait Chuny Kong, to my curiousity how many "kongs are there in the DK universe I know for one there's Funky Kong, this so called Swanky Kong and now Chuny Kong?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I love how you question my age when you make all those joke posts about Swanky and randomly say you "weeeen".

Just throw Funky's clothes on DK and you've got Funky, and the same can be done for Swanky. They should both be alt costumes. (Seriously, I'd actually like to see it happen.)
Just because I'm older, doesn't mean I can't have fun. You're really too strung up for such a tender age. ;O

EDIT: There are several Kongs out there, including Donkey, Diddy, Cranky (DK's dad) Wrinkly (DK's mom) Candy (DK's girlfriend) Dixie, Kiddy, Tiny, Lanky, Chunky, Funky, Swanky, and maybe a few I'm missing there.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Chunky wouldn't make a good alt costume, his body structure is too different from DK's. While similiar, he couldn't be a simple reskin like Funky and Swanky.

But on the topic of DK extras, we NEED a Cranky Kong assist trophy that's a clone of the Mr. Resetii assist trophy (With different dialouge). FACT.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Chunky wouldn't make a good alt costume, his body structure is too different from DK's. While similiar, he couldn't be a simple reskin like Funky and Swanky.

But on the topic of DK extras, we NEED a Cranky Kong assist trophy that's a clone of the Mr. Resetii assist trophy (With different dialouge). FACT.
that is the absolute truth and i would love to see all the kongs from dk64 make it to brawl (at least as assist trophies but hopefully as playable or alt. coustumes.) after all we already have 2 outta the 5.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
I'm still pulling for the Funk!

Funky Kong + Appearance in Mario Kart = Nintendo's Interest in the Character

Nintendo's Interest in the Character + Appearance in Mario Kart = FUNKY KONG IN SSB4

So... Funky Kong + Appearance in Mario Kart = FUNKY KONG IN SSB4!

As I said before, look what happened to ROB.

Though I would love K Rool to be in before Funky, but he is definitely a close second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom