• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
It'll be very, very long. Its by far the biggest topic I will have ever made.

Also, I am starting up the group to also think of ways to get across all the ideas presented within it without the mass tl:drs.
oh... is that so? a group as well? then I can't wait for this thought out thread of yours :)

nerfer2

Smash Rookie
Hey MarthFanatique, I will send you a PM ASAP. Also, since you are a Lip fan, here is my Lip moveset for my Smash 4 project:

Lip regular moves:
A: Lip smacks her opponent with the flower-baton.
AA: Lip smacks her opponent again with the flower-baton.
AAA: Lip twirls the flower-baton continuously.
Running-A: Lip does a forward flip, and opponents are harmed if they come into contact with her while she is doing the flip.
Side-A: Lip twirls the flower-baton in front of her, this move can also deflect projectile attacks (but not reflect).
Down-A: Lip does a double-roundhouse kick (meaning she roundhouse kicks with both of her legs, she stands on her hands while doing it)
Up-A: Lip jumps up and spins with her flower-baton raised up high.
A-Air: Lip spins around and smacks any nearby opponents with the flower-baton.
Forward-air: Lip somersaults in the air with the flower-baton.
Backward-air: Lip smacks in back of her with the flower-baton.
Up-Air: This move does not damage, it simply make the petals to the flower-baton grow in size until it is like a parasol and makes Lip fall down slowly.
Forward-Smash: Lip smacks her opponent with the flower-baton two times, before doing one final smack in which she jumps up ands smacks her opponent with baton. Depending on how long you charged up the smash attack, a flower of corresponding size will sprout on the head of the opponent you attacked.
Down-Smash: Lip spins on one foot multiple times. This moves does not knock your opponent back, it instead traps them, inside the whirling attack where they will be hit by the flower-baton multiple times which will make a larger flower grow on your opponent’s head with each consecutive hit.
Up-Smash: Lip will do a flip into the air, and somersault while in the air (any opponents who get hit while Lip is somersaulting down will be get hit multiple times with the flower-baton, which will result in a large flower sprouting from the opponent’s head). If you hit A, before she hits the ground, she will block her fall by doing a leaping handstand in which she repeats the Up-Smash over again. While this can result in a lot of damage, however, there is a bit of lag time after the second leap, which will make yourself vulnerable to attack.

Grabs:
Grab-A: Lip hits her grabbed opponent with the flower-baton.
Forward-Grab: Lip smacks her opponent forward with the flower-baton.
Backward-Grab: Lip kicks her opponent to the back of her (very weak).
Down-Grab: Lip smacks her opponent downward with the flower-baton.
Up-Grab: Lip will toss her opponent up (again it is a weak throw).

Lip special moves:

Regular-B: Junk Block: Lip’s flower-baton will glow and she will throw it a bit into the air, and then a junk block will appear over a nearby opponent’s head and land. A regular junk-block does 15% damage. However, Lip can summon bigger, and even multiple junk blocks as she gets more damaged.

Down-B: Petal Barrier: Lip will use the flower-baton in front of her, and the petals to it will temporarily grow. It will appear that Lip is using the flower-baton as a protective parasol. If opponent attacks her while in the stance, the flower-baton will shoot out seeds which will cause a flower to sprout on the attacking opponent’s head (the size of the flower though depends on how powerful the attempted move was going to be).

Side-B: Panel Toss: Lip tosses a random panel from the Puzzle League series at her opponents. The power and effect of the panel depends upon the symbol. Triangles do 10% damage but have a shocking effect to them and little more knock back. Hearts do 15% damage, and have a fire effect to them, but have less knockback than the triangle panels. Circles do 15% damage, but have no knockback. Star panels do 20% damage but have no knockback. Exclamation blocks are the rarest but getting hit by one does 40% damage, and result in a KO if your opponent has more than 50% damage done to him or her. If you get three of the same type of panel in a row, your opponent will get instantly KO’d, though this circumstance only has a 10% chance of happening.

Up-B: Watabou: The floating balloon-like creature in which Lip sits on in the options menu for Panel de Pon. When you do your Up-B, Watabou appears from underneath Lip and she rides it upward, however, Watabou goes up very quickly and if Lip does not get off quickly she will be KO’d by riding it off screen.

Final Smash: Combos and Chains: The combo and chain fanfare plays, and Lip will spin her flower-baton around quickly like she does when she does a combo or chain in Panel de Pon. Lots and lots of junk blocks fall all across the arena. It is quite likely that your opponents will be KO’d if the arena happens to be small, and your opponents are not proficient at dodging.

Lip’s taunts are as follows:
1. Lip will spin around and wink at the screen, and giggle a bit.
2. Lip will throw the flower-baton up in the air, and make a ^_^ expression.
3. Lip will sit down, and then a ring of flowers will grow around her, when she gets back up the flowers disappear.

Lip’s victory animations are as follows:
1. Lip will do some flips and laugh with happiness.
2. Lip will be sitting down and have a whole bunch of flowers around her, and she will appear to be dowsing off.
3. Lip will stretch and then wink at the camera, and spin the flower-baton.

Running animation:
Lip will sort of have skipping aspect to her running animation, however, she has a determined “I must win this” cute look on her face while doing so.

Idle animation:
Lip will either be twirling the flower-baton or throwing it up in the air a bit. She will also hop a bit in place, all the while smiling (while sometimes her smile will turn to an arrogant smirk). Truly, Smash is not a stressful place for Lip.

Costumes:
1. Lip’s dress will be blue.
2. Lip’s dress will be green.
3. Lip’s dress will be white.
4. Lip’s dress will be red.
5. Lip’s dress and pants will be black and she will have white hair and red eyes (creepy).

Kirby Hat:
Kirby will gain Lip’s hairstyle upon absorbing her. He will also gain Junk-Block special move, however, the attributes about the move related to damage will not be carried over to Kirby.

Lip-Snake Codec Conversation:
Snake: Uh, colonel there looks to be some cute-looking girl with a flower stick as my opponent.
Campbell: Careful Snake, your opponent is Lip, the fairy of flowers.
Snake: *laughs*
Campbell: What’s so funny?
Snake: How do you expect me to fight a flower fairy, she is just a defenseless girl.
Campbell: Snake, that flower-baton she uses has a strange power. It can makes a vampiric flower sprout from the heads of the opponent’s she hits it with. If this flower is not removed, it slowly drains the life energy of its opponents.
Snake: Whaaaaat?! You got to be kidding me colonel. A cute girl like that would not harm even a bug.
Campbell: Not only that, she has ability to summon massive heavy blocks above the heads of her opponents which she uses to devastate and eliminate them, as well, as throw these mystical objects called panels. There seems to be a correlation between the symbol on them and their power, and I will say avoid the ones that have exclamation points on them at all costs.
Snake: This is the most absurd thing I ever heard, I think you are describing someone else to me.
Campbell: Snake remember, not everything is what it seems in Smash Bros. Things that would go against common sense and logic are the norm here. Lip is not an opponent you should underestimate, she has uncanny determination and power. Please don’t let her outward appearance fool you.
Snake: *sigh* I guess you are right, everything here is bizarre, would it be so hard to ask for a normal opponent in Smash Bros.
End of codec.
Thats pretty good

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
Id hope for a non-sword weilding Fe character. (except Lyn) How cool would an axe weilder be? But if they put another sword weilder in I wouldn't care too much.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Hey MarthFanatique, I will send you a PM ASAP. Also, since you are a Lip fan, here is my Lip moveset for my Smash 4 project:

Lip regular moves:
Running-A: Lip does a forward flip, and opponents are harmed if they come into contact with her while she is doing the flip.
Side-A: Lip twirls the flower-baton in front of her, this move can also deflect projectile attacks (but not reflect).
Down-A: Lip does a double-roundhouse kick (meaning she roundhouse kicks with both of her legs, she stands on her hands while doing it)
Up-Air: This move does not damage, it simply make the petals to the flower-baton grow in size until it is like a parasol and makes Lip fall down slowly.
Forward-Smash: Lip smacks her opponent with the flower-baton two times, before doing one final smack in which she jumps up ands smacks her opponent with baton. Depending on how long you charged up the smash attack, a flower of corresponding size will sprout on the head of the opponent you attacked.
Down-Smash: Lip spins on one foot multiple times. This moves does not knock your opponent back, it instead traps them, inside the whirling attack where they will be hit by the flower-baton multiple times which will make a larger flower grow on your opponent’s head with each consecutive hit.
Up-Smash: Lip will do a flip into the air, and somersault while in the air (any opponents who get hit while Lip is somersaulting down will be get hit multiple times with the flower-baton, which will result in a large flower sprouting from the opponent’s head). If you hit A, before she hits the ground, she will block her fall by doing a leaping handstand in which she repeats the Up-Smash over again. While this can result in a lot of damage, however, there is a bit of lag time after the second leap, which will make yourself vulnerable to attack.

Grabs:

Lip special moves:

Regular-B: Junk Block: Lip’s flower-baton will glow and she will throw it a bit into the air, and then a junk block will appear over a nearby opponent’s head and land. A regular junk-block does 15% damage. However, Lip can summon bigger, and even multiple junk blocks as she gets more damaged.

Down-B: Petal Barrier: Lip will use the flower-baton in front of her, and the petals to it will temporarily grow. It will appear that Lip is using the flower-baton as a protective parasol. If opponent attacks her while in the stance, the flower-baton will shoot out seeds which will cause a flower to sprout on the attacking opponent’s head (the size of the flower though depends on how powerful the attempted move was going to be).

Side-B: Panel Toss: Lip tosses a random panel from the Puzzle League series at her opponents. The power and effect of the panel depends upon the symbol. Triangles do 10% damage but have a shocking effect to them and little more knock back. Hearts do 15% damage, and have a fire effect to them, but have less knockback than the triangle panels. Circles do 15% damage, but have no knockback. Star panels do 20% damage but have no knockback. Exclamation blocks are the rarest but getting hit by one does 40% damage, and result in a KO if your opponent has more than 50% damage done to him or her. If you get three of the same type of panel in a row, your opponent will get instantly KO’d, though this circumstance only has a 10% chance of happening.

Up-B: Watabou: The floating balloon-like creature in which Lip sits on in the options menu for Panel de Pon. When you do your Up-B, Watabou appears from underneath Lip and she rides it upward, however, Watabou goes up very quickly and if Lip does not get off quickly she will be KO’d by riding it off screen.

Final Smash: Combos and Chains: The combo and chain fanfare plays, and Lip will spin her flower-baton around quickly like she does when she does a combo or chain in Panel de Pon. Lots and lots of junk blocks fall all across the arena. It is quite likely that your opponents will be KO’d if the arena happens to be small, and your opponents are not proficient at dodging.

3. Lip will sit down, and then a ring of flowers will grow around her, when she gets back up the flowers disappear.

2. Lip will be sitting down and have a whole bunch of flowers around her, and she will appear to be dowsing off.

Running animation:
Lip will sort of have skipping aspect to her running animation, however, she has a determined “I must win this” cute look on her face while doing so.

Idle animation:
Lip will either be twirling the flower-baton or throwing it up in the air a bit. She will also hop a bit in place, all the while smiling (while sometimes her smile will turn to an arrogant smirk). Truly, Smash is not a stressful place for Lip.

Costumes:
5. Lip’s dress and pants will be black and she will have white hair and red eyes (creepy).

Kirby Hat:
Kirby will gain Lip’s hairstyle upon absorbing her. He will also gain Junk-Block special move, however, the attributes about the move related to damage will not be carried over to Kirby.

Snake: Uh, colonel there looks to be some cute-looking girl with a flower stick as my opponent.
Snake: How do you expect me to fight a flower fairy, she is just a defenseless girl.
Campbell: Snake, that flower-baton she uses has a strange power. It can makes a vampiric flower sprout from the heads of the opponent’s she hits it with. If this flower is not removed, it slowly drains the life energy of its opponents.
Snake: Whaaaaat?! You got to be kidding me colonel. A cute girl like that would not harm even a bug.
Campbell: Not only that, she has ability to summon massive heavy blocks above the heads of her opponents which she uses to devastate and eliminate them, as well, as throw these mystical objects called panels. There seems to be a correlation between the symbol on them and their power, and I will say avoid the ones that have exclamation points on them at all costs.
Snake: This is the most absurd thing I ever heard, I think you are describing someone else to me.
Campbell: Snake remember, not everything is what it seems in Smash Bros. Things that would go against common sense and logic are the norm here. Lip is not an opponent you should underestimate, she has uncanny determination and power. Please don’t let her outward appearance fool you.
Snake: *sigh* I guess you are right, everything here is bizarre, would it be so hard to ask for a normal opponent in Smash Bros.
End of codec.
Thx so much!!! Lip is pwnage w/this moveset lol. That is very intricate and quite tedious, too; I admire and commend your originality and creativity while sticking with the moves/animaitons she displayed in past games. Here's a friendly critque with compliments, suggestions, questions to further the intricacy of your moveset, and more.

I like how you incorporated a counter-esque down-b. Her up-b at first seems broken, however, it sounds like a very situational move (i.e. the new Final Destination's "lip" would gimp it). She may be just a tad too powerful. Explain her neutral b move even further. How close would your opponent have to be? A Bowser away is the max (as a friendly suggestion). Also, would the junk block be blockable via rolling or spot dodge? Would it also affect airborne opponents (I'm asking this because Peach's final smash move doesn't put opponents in the air asleep; different and irrelavant thing I know). Could the neutral-b move be normally hard to connect with, but because of short range, you could grab your opponent before the junk block falls (ensuring a hit)? I don't know whether you know this or not, but you didn't make her a down aerial attack. Her up aerial attack/move seems perhaps a little broken due to a combination of the use of the up special and the up aerial (i.e. she floats up to the absolute top of the stage and dismantles the watabou then uses her up aerial to freely and easily float back to the stage). I like how her smashes give the opponents the flower effect, and the same with the petal barrier, too. My last note/suggestion would be to decrease her panel throws a little bit otherwise we'll have Pit panel spammers. The exclamation point aspect (as well as the different affects per shape) is also very good. Thank you again!

Steelia

Smash Champion

Lip regular moves:

Grabs:

Lip special moves:

Running animation:

Idle animation:

Costumes:

Kirby Hat:

End of codec.
Flippin' awesome set for Lip! I could definitely see this work...
And the Snake Codec bit is hilarious! It really sounds like Snake and Colonel having a conversation... :laugh:

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016

Lip regular moves:

Grabs:

Lip special moves:

Running animation:

Idle animation:

Costumes:

Kirby Hat:

End of codec.
Wow, excellent moveset work Chrono.

If this is just one... I can't wait to see the rest! Keep (as always) the good work! People here are rooting (sp?) for ya!

Nayborish

Smash Rookie
Tom nook in next smash plz. Here would be teh moveset.

Neutral A - Similar to Fox's kick attack.
Side smash - Shovel
Down smash - Spins around and uses axe, probably low knockback and low damage.
Up smash - Animal crossing style word bubble appears above his head. It reads "Hmm.." Or "Yes." or "You owe me 999999999 bells."
Dash attack - Impale with fishing rod

Side Tilt - Some sort of pimp slap
Up Tilt - North north east/west jab with shovel
Down tilt - These usually aren't very creative, I'll leave it up to your imagination

Nair - Axe attack- Starts in front front, sweeps to below Nook
Bair/Fair - Money sack smack
Uair - Nook pulls out a fish and it bites (bite = sweet spot)
Dair - Nook pulls out a pitfall and attaches it to his foot for a meteor smash (does not bury the opponent, barely works if opponent is grounded.)

B attack - Charge slingshot attack. Would be similar to Bows, you can't move but you can hold it forever.
Side-b - Digs with the shovel in front of him (shovel does damage, dirt that flies up does much less damage)
Down-b - Pulls out a pitfall for use (would be really slow, or somehow otherwise balanced)
B-Up - Pulls out a gift balloon (similar to snake's B up?)

Grab - Fishing rod pulls you in
I'm not going to get creative with the directions

Final Smash - I'm sure someone can come up with something good.
Examples:
Nook decides to remodel your home.
Random trees start sprouting.
Something similar to Wario man? Ubernook?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Thats pretty good
Thx so much!!! Lip is pwnage w/this moveset lol. That is very intricate and quite tedious, too; I admire and commend your originality and creativity while sticking with the moves/animaitons she displayed in past games. Here's a friendly critque with compliments, suggestions, questions to further the intricacy of your moveset, and more.

I like how you incorporated a counter-esque down-b. Her up-b at first seems broken, however, it sounds like a very situational move (i.e. the new Final Destination's "lip" would gimp it). She may be just a tad too powerful. Explain her neutral b move even further. How close would your opponent have to be? A Bowser away is the max (as a friendly suggestion). Also, would the junk block be blockable via rolling or spot dodge? Would it also affect airborne opponents (I'm asking this because Peach's final smash move doesn't put opponents in the air asleep; different and irrelavant thing I know). Could the neutral-b move be normally hard to connect with, but because of short range, you could grab your opponent before the junk block falls (ensuring a hit)? I don't know whether you know this or not, but you didn't make her a down aerial attack. Her up aerial attack/move seems perhaps a little broken due to a combination of the use of the up special and the up aerial (i.e. she floats up to the absolute top of the stage and dismantles the watabou then uses her up aerial to freely and easily float back to the stage). I like how her smashes give the opponents the flower effect, and the same with the petal barrier, too. My last note/suggestion would be to decrease her panel throws a little bit otherwise we'll have Pit panel spammers. The exclamation point aspect (as well as the different affects per shape) is also very good. Thank you again!
Flippin' awesome set for Lip! I could definitely see this work...
And the Snake Codec bit is hilarious! It really sounds like Snake and Colonel having a conversation... :laugh:
Wow, excellent moveset work Chrono.

If this is just one... I can't wait to see the rest! Keep (as always) the good work! People here are rooting (sp?) for ya!
I am glad you all like the moveset I made for Lip. I really tried hard to make every character on my roster unique and interesting. Also, what are your thoughts on my new avatar and sig.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Your sig's not really the topic, Chronobound...

I like that moveset too. I can definetly see her with it.

But don't you think SC characters would be kind of cool?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Soul Calibur characters? Maybe, if Namco and Nintendo can work it out. Yoshimitsu would be a lot cooler though. He could represent both Soul Calibur and Tekken.

Yoshimitsu (not another sword user!)

Up-B: Helicopter - Yoshimitsu rotates his sword arm to levitate slowly into the air while spinning his sword to do damage.

Down-B: Meditation - Yoshimitsu sits cross-legged and begins meditating, healing 3% damage every second. He's very vulnerable while he does this however.

Side-B: Spinning Fists - Yoshimitsu spins around rapidly with his fists out to do damage, moving forwards or backwards to attack.

B: uh, something.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Your sig's not really the topic, Chronobound...

I like that moveset too. I can definetly see her with it.

But don't you think SC characters would be kind of cool?
Hmmm, it would be interesting to see characters from traditional fighting series (Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, etc.) be implemented into a non-traditional fighting series such as Smash Bros. However, in the case of Capcom and Namco, there are better series to choose to represent in Smash Bros. Capcom obviously has Mega Man.

However, Namco is more complicated. You have Pac-Man, however, he is hardly requested to be in and most of the new games he has been in have either been mediocre or subpar. The only other big Namco series that have appeared on Nintendo consoles are Tales and Soul Calibur. While a Nintendo character (Link) was a guest in SCII, the only other SC game to be on Nintendo console was the shovelware game, Legends. As for Tales, its problem is that it has a shifting protagonist between games. Also, the Japanese and Western Tales fanbases would probably want to see different characters get in as the representative for Tales (the Japanese would likely would Cress, while the Western fanbase would want Lloyd).

If Soul Calibur starts to gets its main installments on Nintendo consoles again (which is unlikely considering that Nintendo will probably still be a generation behind in terms of hardware), and if a Soul Calibur character were selected to be in Smash Bros., it would probably be Siegfried or Nightmare since they are probably the two most important characters to the Soul Calibur mythos. I hope this response answers your question.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I honestly don't see a third party character besides Snake, Mega Man, Sonic the Hedgehog, Pac-man, or another huge fan request and fan favorite (like 3 times Geno's fanbase big!) getting in this one. Nintendo and Sakurai struggled enough just to get Sonic, let alone Snake. They either must be terrible at negotiations (unlike Namco Bandai as they've gotten about a dozen characters in their games as PCs that they don't own), or SEGA is just a b**** to negotiate with, and wore them out. Somehow I feel it's a combination of the two, with the latter being the bigger culprit... >_>

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I honestly don't see a third party character besides Snake, Mega Man, Sonic the Hedgehog, Pac-man, or another huge fan request and fan favorite (like 3 times Geno's fanbase big!) getting in this one. Nintendo and Sakurai struggled enough just to get Sonic, let alone Snake. They either must be terrible at negotiations (unlike Namco Bandai as they've gotten about a dozen characters in their games as PCs that they don't own), or SEGA is just a b**** to negotiate with, and wore them out. Somehow I feel it's a combination of the two, with the latter being the bigger culprit... >_>
Personally, I would like to see most of major Japanese developers get a guest character in Smash Bros.

Sega: Sonic
Capcom: Mega Man
Konami: Simon Belmont
Square-Enix: Slime or Chocobo
Namco: Unsure
Hudson: Bomberman

However, I also have the controversial idea that guests should be thrown out with each new Smash game, and that there should be no more than three slots for third-party characters.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Id hope for a non-sword weilding Fe character. (except Lyn) How cool would an axe weilder be? But if they put another sword weilder in I wouldn't care too much.
Ephraim,and Hector if a non-swords lord gets in.

@Chrono,if a Squarenix rep gets in,I can imagine it woudl be Chrono,from Chrono Trigger

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
FROGGER FOR BRAWL! Lol jk!! but Frogger (first one on PS) was awesome! haha make him a guest AT!!!! He hops across the stage ad traffic zooms by squishing everyone, followed by helicopters appearing from underneath clouds nd lawn mowers chasing everyone down!!! Lol!!! Ah, that would be neat...

but really, I wish Nintendo and Rare would kiss and make-up.... Banjo for Brawl!
note: Why do I keep referring as Smash 4 as Brawl? Oh well... Brawl in this post=smash 4....

But if Rare-originated characters were allowed in, would Conker stand a chance (asking due to his M rated hits)???

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ephraim,and Hector if a non-swords lord gets in.

@Chrono,if a Squarenix rep gets in,I can imagine it woudl be Chrono,from Chrono Trigger
Chrono Trigger is one of my favorite games ever, and Crono is probably one of my top favorite video game protagonists, however, I don't think a guest spot should be wasted on a guest who was only in one game, despite how brilliant that one game was.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I know, I know. But as I mentioned... I just reffered Japan, i'm not crazy enough like to compare it with those series world-widely.
Actually, the sales I was speaking of were Japan sales, not worldwide.

To SmashChu: What? Eliwood was the most wanted Fire Emblem newcomer after Ike, in Japan at least.

If you seriously think Lyn deserves being playable over Eliwood I doubt you've beaten FE7 fully. Lyn is by far the least significant lord to a game's overall plot in the entire series. The only lord more important to Elibe than Eliwood is Roy.

Edit: Roy-Kun is right about Lyn being hated in Japan, to them, her only purpose is for FE7 doujin.
I can tell you that Eliwood is not loved here. He is usually not liked as much as Lyn or Hector. Of course, Smash fans have not been super ecstatic about any FE character. Although, we liked Roy.

Also, question: How popular is Ashely in Japan. I was curious as the moveset potential is great. And the moveset is pretty good too.

On third party character popularity.
Many people, I can tell you this, are going to be sorely disappointed with future smash installments. As far as popularity goes, Megaman is top; however, after that it stalls out. No other characters are that wanted and anyone under Megaman is no where near as requested as most Nintendo characters. The thing is all the characters become spaced out. People treat these characters like the regular character. We always saw thing like "We need Custom Robo characters" and "We need more Mother characters" but now it's becoming "We need Soulcaliber characters" and "We need more Sonic characters". Truth is that none of these characters are actually wanted. it's Megaman and that's it. The other sad truth is Megaman isn't as popular as Sonic was. Where Sonic creamed the next highest Nintendo character, Megaman just barely tops the high ranking Nintendo characters, and he may still be beaten by Ridley. He may very well be looked over.

The other inevitable truth is this may easily be a one time thing. The plan was "Wouldn't it be cool if Snake was in Smash" not "Lets add a whole bunch of guys that are not from Nintendo" as everyone wishes to beleive. Snake was planned from day 1 and was a big announcement early on. However, Sonic only slipped in towards the end. Sonic, of all people, almost missed the boat. The thing is they are guest and Sakurai makes that clear, so the plan may be to have it be a one time thing. Many fans are expecting it but unless they are in the Megaman boat they are guaranteed to be disappointed, and the Megaman boat still risk that.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Actually, the sales I was speaking of were Japan sales, not worldwide.

I can tell you that Eliwood is not loved here. He is usually not liked as much as Lyn or Hector. Of course, Smash fans have not been super ecstatic about any FE character. Although, we liked Roy.

Also, question: How popular is Ashely in Japan. I was curious as the moveset potential is great. And the moveset is pretty good too.

On third party character popularity.
Many people, I can tell you this, are going to be sorely disappointed with future smash installments. As far as popularity goes, Megaman is top; however, after that it stalls out. No other characters are that wanted and anyone under Megaman is no where near as requested as most Nintendo characters. The thing is all the characters become spaced out. People treat these characters like the regular character. We always saw thing like "We need Custom Robo characters" and "We need more Mother characters" but now it's becoming "We need Soulcaliber characters" and "We need more Sonic characters". Truth is that none of these characters are actually wanted. it's Megaman and that's it. The other sad truth is Megaman isn't as popular as Sonic was. Where Sonic creamed the next highest Nintendo character, Megaman just barely tops the high ranking Nintendo characters, and he may still be beaten by Ridley. He may very well be looked over.

The other inevitable truth is this may easily be a one time thing. The plan was "Wouldn't it be cool if Snake was in Smash" not "Lets add a whole bunch of guys that are not from Nintendo" as everyone wishes to beleive. Snake was planned from day 1 and was a big announcement early on. However, Sonic only slipped in towards the end. Sonic, of all people, almost missed the boat. The thing is they are guest and Sakurai makes that clear, so the plan may be to have it be a one time thing. Many fans are expecting it but unless they are in the Megaman boat they are guaranteed to be disappointed, and the Megaman boat still risk that.
Eliwood is well-liked among the Fire Emblem hardcore, and Lyn is quite hated (just go on the FE7 board on GameFAQs and ask them their opinion on Lyn). Eliwood is the main lord of FE7, heck the Japanese subtitle, Blazing Sword, is the nickname for Durandal, the holy weapon Eliwood gets at the end of the game.

Also, Ashley is not that popular. Second, she is definitely not more important than Jimmy T., Mona, or 9-Volt. Jimmy T. would have a very interesting and unique moveset, just imagine all the boogying.

Also, I agree with your thoughts on third-parties. I think at most there should only be three slots for third-party characters. However, I kind of feel bad for Sonic, since he turned out to be a pretty poor fighter and his last-minute role in the SSE.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I was talking with friends, with crossovers getting all kinds of attention and the vast use of characters, there should be a "Super Konami Sega Nintendo Bros." type game. Equal amount of characters/stages from each, like adding Akira from Virtua Fighter and Beat from Jet Grind Radio for Sega, and Simon Belmont from Castlevania and Geomon from Mystical Ninja for Konami, along with new Nintendo characters that haven't yet been in Smash Bros.

Or a Smash Bros. where the game doesn't assume I'm stupid and suck at video games. Either is good.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Also, Ashley is not that popular. Second, she is definitely not more important than Jimmy T, Kat & Ana , Mona, or 9-Volt.
Fixed, and as Warioware population, Ashley is the fourth most populer below Wario, Mona, Kat & Ana, and 9-Volt.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Also, I think Lip fans might be interested in this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLEHK0NT3Sc&fmt=18

Yep, Lip makes her 3-D debut in Captain Rainbow. Her ears are huge...
Darn it, now I have to get this game as well becasue it has Lip in it, and I have no extra money on this game. XD

At least it comes out next week so I can get it. I guess I have a real reason to get a Wii FreeLoader now.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm liking Captain Syrup already. Can't wait for Wario Land: Shake It! I'd take her over any Warioware character, as all have failed to captivate me.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Chrono Trigger is one of my favorite games ever, and Crono is probably one of my top favorite video game protagonists, however, I don't think a guest spot should be wasted on a guest who was only in one game, despite how brilliant that one game was.
Sheik,Pit and Ice Climbers,only one game.

It was originally on the SNES,and is being remade for the DS,so he'd be a perfect Square rep.

Also,Sonics role in SSE made me lol for some reason,the way he was included was ridiculously funny imo.

Spire

III
BRoomer

It was originally on the SNES,and is being remade for the DS,so he'd be a perfect Square rep.
Aside from the Crystal Chronicles games, Chrono is just about the only Square rep that has appeared on more Nintendo Consoles than Sony, isn't he? That says quite a bit.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Aside from the Crystal Chronicles games, Chrono is just about the only Square rep that has appeared on more Nintendo Consoles than Sony, isn't he? That says quite a bit.
Snes,and soon to be DS

And the PSX,so hes more Nintendo than he is Sony :O

And Chocobos dont count,those basterds are in EVERY game <_<

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Geno from Super Mario RPG. Sakurai said he already would count him as a Mario character. He just needs Square Enix's permission.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Chrono > Geno
Imo,dont kill me SMRPG fans >_<
I really cant see Geno in SSB4..or Chrono for that matter.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Also,Sonics role in SSE made me lol for some reason,the way he was included was ridiculously funny imo.
The standard is different for third-party characters. Snake only got in due to Kojima's connections to Sakurai. Sonic was in due to OVERWHELMING demand by the Western Smash Bros. fanbase. Since Crono does not has overwhelming demand, and since there are probably no connections, he will be unable to get in. Really, the only two third-party characters that I think have a shot at getting in Smash Bros. 4 are Mega Man and Geno (and quite frankly there are more deserving Mario characters than him).

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
characters that I think have a shot at getting in Smash Bros. 4 are Mega Man and Geno (and quite frankly there are more deserving Mario characters than him).
Yeah. Bowser Jr., Waluigi, Rosalina, Paper Mario, Daisy, Birdo, the list goes on :rolleyes:

The only ones that should come close are Fawful, well, I take that back about Paper Mario, I guess Paper Mario would be cool as long as he isn't a clone.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yeah. Bowser Jr., Waluigi, Rosalina, Paper Mario, Daisy, Birdo, the list goes on :rolleyes:

The only ones that should come close are Fawful, well, I take that back about Paper Mario, I guess Paper Mario would be cool as long as he isn't a clone.
The only ones I am talking about are Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario.

Bowser Jr. is important due to him having an important role in the main Mario games (the platformers) since Super Mario Sunshine.

Paper Mario has a whole series dedicated to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom