• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teen-robot

Smash Cadet
Therefore, what darkserenade was saying in this case is only speculation. It is unclear on how many Fire Emblem characters will be in SSB4. It does not really matter how many Fire Emblem characters are in the SSB playable roster, but it matters what Fire Emblem characters I most want in the roster, which are not many. Finally, SSB4 is not yet announced, and it would be at least 6 years before it is released.

What about F-Zero, Golden Sun, and Animal Crossing? F-Zero has 1 character in the entire SSB series (Captain Falcon), and 1 Assist Trophy in Brawl (Samurai Goroh). Fire Emblem is very popular in Japan, but new outside Japan.

I do not own a Wii, but I know someone who has one. He does not have Brawl. I advised him not to buy it, and he has taken my advice. I would rather play Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

That is only speculation, and it is only as of today. I find Fire Emblem deserves TWO more, not ONE, more characters.

Again, you cannot project the sales ranking for Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem is new to the U.S. market anyway. It may not remain in the same rank among Nintendo franchises as it was during the Melee era. I am predicting that Fire Emblem will at least beat Star Fox saleswise, and maybe gain ground on Metroid and maybe Zelda.
okay...:\ you don't have a wii,you hate brawl(seems like it) ...so why are you on this boards anyways?you even advised your ''friend'' not to buy it

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Ok. I think SSB4 should definitely have more characters and the reps should be a bit more leanient even towards those games that have few sales in terms of character reps.

At MOST Fire Emblem should have 3 playable characters tops. Any more would be too much.

So my ideal roster would be like this:

Mario: 5 characters

Zelda: 4 (even though it should be on par with Mario and Pokemon, Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are the only viable player characters for Zelda unless someone like Midna comes back in a new Zelda game on top of a beast that is NOT Wolf Link)

Pokemon: 5

Star Fox: 4

Metriod: 2 (even though Metriod is popular and sold well, I only see Samus and Ridley as playable character material).

Donkey Kong: 3

Kirby: 3 (it may deserve at most 1 more, but if Sakurai does not direct the next SSB then most likely it'll stick with just 3. Besides, I don't forsee anyone like the giant hampster Rick or Adeline coming in unless either of them play a *major* role on a Kirby Wii game)

MOTHER/Earthbound: 3 (I think my favorite series needs to have at most 1 new playable character as long as this character is really heavily decloned from Ness and Lucas)

Fire Emblem: 3

Wario: 2

Yoshi: 1

F-Zero: 1

Also includes the others like Olimar, Ice Climbers, etc.

The rest should be single character based.

Joy Mech Fight: Sukapon

Nazo no Murasame: Takamaru

Golden Sun: Isaac

Tomato Adventure: DeMille/Demiru

Mole Mania: Muddy Mole

Wii: Mii

I bet other single character franchises can be represented.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
It's not that I think you're boycotting, it's just that because you want one character that didn't come in, you're saying how bad the game is. Since facial expressions can't be seen online, you sound kinda ridiculous. I want to know something: If Lyn was in brawl, would you like it?

Note to all other users reading this:If you're gonna post"Darkserenade, why are you against FE now? You were for it previously." I'm not against it, I just refuse to be put in the 'fanboy' category. Besides, better RPGs exist.My sig gives some hints.
well indeed there are WAY better RPG's out there than Fire Emblem *cough kingdomheartscough* but maybe seeing another FE representative such as Lynn wouldn't be bad at all seeing that I liked her as an AT

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The next smash bros game. These are the playable characters that should be in. Here is what the roster should be. There should be 48 playable Characters. Anyway here it is.

No * - Character is Playable at the Start
* - Character is hidden and has to be unlocked

Mario Series:

Mario
Peach
Bowser
*Luigi
*Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
*Paper Mario

Yoshi Series:

Yoshi

Wario Series:

Wario
Mona
*Waluigi

Donkey Kong Series:

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
*Dixie Kong
*King K. Rool

Zelda Series:

Link
Zelda/Shiek
*Ganondorf
*Toon Link

Kirby Series:

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Metroid Series:

Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

StarFox Series:

Fox McCloud
Krystal
*Falco Lombardi
*Wolf O'Donnell

Pokemon Series:

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
*Jigglypuff
*Meowth
*Lucario

Earthbound Series:

Lucas
*Ness

Fire Emblem Series:

Ike
*Marth
*Lyndis

F-Zero Series:

*Captain Falcon
*Black Shadow

Misc. Series:

Ice Climbers
Pit
Captain Olimar
Isaac
Lip
*R.O.B.
*Mr. Game & Watch

Third Party Series:

*Snake
*Sonic

That is the roster for the next game and that is what it should be.
This list does not contain Megaman. Therefore you fail. ^_^

Megaman for SSB4.

-Ter

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I insist that Fire Emblem be represented with 4, not 3, characters, unless you want Ike cut from SSB4. 3 Fire Emblem representatives will do me no good. Lyn should be guaranteed a spot in the SSB4 roster. Judging from your posts in this thread, it looks like I am contemplating to boycott future installments of the SSB series, thus sticking with Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem.
I know you. You're the Ayra fanatic from NSider and GameFAQs? Am I right?

Also, while I feel FE needs four characters to adequately represent the series (one for each two-game arc), I feel no series outside the big 3 (Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon) should be given more than 3 slots.

Also, Lyn has done nothing to deserve a playable spit. If any FE7 character were to be playable, it should be Eliwood. He is the most important lord to the plot and wields the game's Japanese namesake (Durandal, the Blazing Sword).

As for setting up my social group for my Smash 4 project, I have not gotten around to doing it because I was busy preparing for my next semester. Hopefully, I will get around to doing it this weekend.

On a sidenot, Captain Rainbow got a 31/40 in Famitsu which makes it about a 8/10 game. The game comes out next week in Japan.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Ah, so that was why. Good to see you posting here again, ChronoBound.
Word. Welcome back Chrono.

Anyways, with this FE roster thing, with how is progressing, I see as min. 3 characters, 4 as max to represent in SSB4. Shoe-ins being Marth and Ike.

D

Deleted member

Complete Fanboy response
Fire Emblem is not getting 4 reps anytime. 3 at best and for sure, but not as popular as the other franchses. I love Fire Emblem and all, but echoing what every one said "Stop being stupid"

Fire Emblem is nothing. 4 characters? That would be placing it above the likes of Kirby, Star Fox, and Donkey Kong (As they are now). It deserved 1 rep, and was lucky that it got 2.
You're just saying that cause you don't like Fire Emblem. It deserves 3 reps (although i agree not 4).

*Cough*Hector or Micaiah for SSB4 *Cough*

*Super Cough* Black knight for SSB4 out of fanboyism *Super Cough*

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Fire Emblem is nothing. 4 characters? That would be placing it above the likes of Kirby, Star Fox, and Donkey Kong (As they are now). It deserved 1 rep, and was lucky that it got 2.
Sorry, Japan loves Fire Emblem more than Donkey Kong or Star Fox, probably even Kirby. And Ike was requested for Japan (In response for saying that Fire Emblem is "nothing")

Fire Emblem is a HUGE series, deserves as min. 2 characters, the First Hero and the New Hero (Marth, and the Hero of the new FE titles). If Ike keeps himself strong in popularity (I bet a finger he will) Fire Emblem will get 3 reps in SSB4. But that's the limit, not 4 characters, unless some kind of miracle happens, and Fire Emblem gets sudden spotlight (case that happened with TLOZ in Melee, suddenly, from one rep, the number raised to fou- I mean five.)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Sorry, Japan loves Fire Emblem more than Donkey Kong or Star Fox, probably even Kirby. And Ike was requested for Japan (In response for saying that Fire Emblem is "nothing")

Fire Emblem is a HUGE series, deserves as min. 2 characters, the First Hero and the New Hero (Marth, and the Hero of the new FE titles). If Ike keeps himself strong in popularity (I bet a finger he will) Fire Emblem will get 3 reps in SSB4. But that's the limit, not 4 characters, unless some kind of miracle happens, and Fire Emblem gets sudden spotlight (case that happened with TLOZ in Melee, suddenly, from one rep, the number raised to fou- I mean five.)
FE stills has sold less then Kirby, Starfox and Donkey Kong in Japan although the latter mostly the older games and 64, but the sales of Jungle Beat were quite impressive (half a million copies sold).

However, I agree that FE isn't going to get to many reps, but it may depend. If there is a new lord everyone wants and Roy comes back (with no cuts) then it could hit 4. I doub t it will be anything higher.

Also, while I feel FE needs four characters to adequately represent the series (one for each two-game arc), I feel no series outside the big 3 (Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon) should be given more than 3 slots.
Thing is that this will probably change in the future. Most of the characters are going to be from the existing franchises rather then new ones as Nintendo will probably not make new franchises as they already have plenty.
Also, Lyn has done nothing to deserve a playable spit. If any FE7 character were to be playable, it should be Eliwood. He is the most important lord to the plot and wields the game's Japanese namesake (Durandal, the Blazing Sword).
Also, Eliwood isn't that popular. Lyn stand a better chance as she has a pretty strong fan base in the west. No so much for Eliwood.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
FE stills has sold less then Kirby, Starfox and Donkey Kong in Japan although the latter mostly the older games and 64, but the sales of Jungle Beat were quite impressive (half a million copies sold).
I know, I know. But as I mentioned... I just reffered Japan, i'm not crazy enough like to compare it with those series world-widely.

However, I agree that FE isn't going to get to many reps, but it may depend. If there is a new lord everyone wants and Roy comes back (with no cuts) then it could hit 4. I doub t it will be anything higher.
If it stays Lords only, good. Personally, I want (STILL) Marth, Sigurd or Celice, Roy and Ike to rep. Fire Emblem in SSB4.

Thing is that this will probably change in the future. Most of the characters are going to be from the existing franchises rather then new ones as Nintendo will probably not make new franchises as they already have plenty.
Golden Sun please. Oh, Custom Robo and Megaman.

Also, Eliwood isn't that popular. Lyn stand a better chance as she has a pretty strong fan base in the west. No so much for Eliwood.
If we speak of Japan... is another story. Lyn is hated, Eliwood is liked. And Fire Emblem gets most of it's fanbase in Japan.

Just saying.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
To SmashChu: What? Eliwood was the most wanted Fire Emblem newcomer after Ike, in Japan at least.

If you seriously think Lyn deserves being playable over Eliwood I doubt you've beaten FE7 fully. Lyn is by far the least significant lord to a game's overall plot in the entire series. The only lord more important to Elibe than Eliwood is Roy.

Edit: Roy-Kun is right about Lyn being hated in Japan, to them, her only purpose is for FE7 doujin.

OmegaXXII

You're just saying that cause you don't like Fire Emblem. It deserves 3 reps (although i agree not 4).

*Cough*Hector or Micaiah for SSB4 *Cough*

*Super Cough* Black knight for SSB4 out of fanboyism *Super Cough*
yea it's definetly not arguable that Fire Emblem shouldn't get anymore than 3 reps, the most likely to show up would be Marth, Ike with any of the following:

Roy: has somewhat a chance due to him previously showing up in Melee, but I doubt it
Lyn: her chances are good, if FE has to get another rep, it should be Lyn
Hector: well by the time the next smash comes out, he probably won't be as popular has he was but I say his chances are still in the air somewhere

Micaiah, well.. I guess she's alright, but I've never really played an FE with her so I don't know what her chances are.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Roy has no friggin chance. Stop saying he has one.
We don't think so. Roy has chances, and also, possibilities.

What if a FE6 Remake is made? Also, Roy being a vet. can have his chances of returning, AND the fact of being one of the Forbidden 7. Same with Mewtwo.

Now saying that Mewtwo has no chances... that's unforgiveable. (AKA, Warning you).

Edit: Roy-Kun is right about Lyn being hated in Japan, to them, her only purpose is for FE7 doujin.
I read those doujins.
I prefer her as the mother of Roy rather than Ninian.

Lol, I made fanboyish post... pathetic... not much.

OmegaXXII

Roy has no friggin chance. Stop saying he has one.
how do you know, you're not Sakurai, only he could say that, this should answer you quite nicely...

What if a FE6 Remake is made? Also, Roy being a vet. can have his chances of returning, AND the fact of being one of the Forbidden 7. Same with Mewtwo.

Now saying that Mewtwo has no chances... that's unforgiveable. (AKA, Warning you).

kr3wman

Smash Master

I read those doujins.

Why remake a sucky game? Roy still has no chance.

D

Deleted member

I read those doujins.

Roy might come back, but there probably will be a different Fire Emblem Lord (Heres to hoping its a bad*ss one) that a new one.

If Roy does comeback, I just hope hes been decloned. The Fire can stay, but not the similar attacks to Marth.

Edit: I can't believe theres no love for Eliwood.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Why make a remake to a sucky game? To make it better. Remakes oftentimes have new little things that make the game more enjoyable. Maybe FE6 won't be remade, but rather have another sequel to it/some sort of twist version of it to make it seem better. idk

Also, now that everyone is talking about Roy's chances, I'll repost something that I posted here before...

Seriously, w/o any bias at all, how much chance does Roy really have?

To the good:

--Elemental sword (fire) the only one we have (Ike doesn't count).
--One of the lords of the three worlds (we have Marth for his world and Ike for his, we need a rep. from Roy's world).
--He can be de-cloned. Even if he has his old Melee moveset, it would be somewhat different from Marth's current Brawl one.
--His sweetspot makes him noteworthy and gives him a much different playstyle.
--Many casuals loved him.
--He was Melee: once a character is in a smash game (minus Pichu), they always have a chance to return (like Mewtwo). Now that Roy's tasted the fray of Smash, he still craves more (and Mewtwo)...
--Roy (and Mewtwo) were supposed to be in Brawl. They're in the coding or whatever. The point is, he wasn't completely disregarded. His plans just...changed.
--So far in Melee and Brawl the Fire Emblem series has only had two reps. per game. Now, Mayhem (SSB4), will probably have a myriad of characters so this may change to three (but probably not four). Roy may take the new spot.
--Roy (and Mewtwo) are wanted back into the fray. Fans can influence the roster. If enough people desire, whine, b*tch, complain about Roy (and Mewtwo) being cut in Brawl, he/they may return.

To the bad:

--His game in Japan was an epic fail.
--He was in Melee as an advertisement.
--He was a clone. And even though Roy has an elemental aspect to him and the different location of his sweetspot (resulting in a completely different playstyle), Sakurai doesn't exactly know how to completely de-clone someone.
--He was an extremely popular casual character. He didn't win many tourneys, thus resulting him not to return. Other clones of Melee that were of higher tiers (Ganondorf and Falco) returned. Dr. Mario is higher than Roy (and even Ganondorf), but he was in Melee due to advertisement, wasn't he. Besides, many people had a disdain hatred towards the Doc.
--There are many Fire Emblem characters worthy of a spot, be it a mage or weapon weilder or perhaps even a laguz. There is going to be the "new" Fire Emblem DS game soon coming out. This may (and probably will) take away his popularity whether it be temporarily or permanately who knows.
--So far in Melee and Brawl the Fire Emblem series has only had two reps. per game. The pattern may continue into Mayhem. Marth is sure to stay, but what about Ike? He wouldn't be traded for Roy, though; he's more likely to be replaced with another new Fire Emblem character (perahaps a female rep.).
Even if Roy doesn't make it into SSB4, Eliwood is popular in Japan and since he's Roy's father, he may suffice the absence of Roy. Eliwood could be Roy-ish, and this could give him a reason not to be a clone and more of a reason not to be given Great Aether [which would REALLY piss me off] or Critical Hit). What what Roy's Final Smash be (assuming they will stay)?

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Why remake a sucky game? Roy still has no chance.
If you haven't played it, then don't you ever bother saying is a sucky game.

Or if you played it, is it your fault to suck so much in it? FE6 is praised for being one of the hardest Fire Emblem games of all. And by far, the most accepted of all the GBA FE games. The game is told to be bad just of being too hard. Meh. Hard mode is a REAL challenge, a lot harder than Hector's Hard Tale.

Speaking of remakes, I don't like FEDS... it lacks of supports and most of the character development is really pathetic.

TWILTHERO, yeah, his chances are slim, but he has them. But still, I'd prefer the new FE hero over him. If FE gets 4 reps, I'd like to see Roy, obviously decloned, at least in Special Moves, like in Brawl with some characters.

Edit: Roy's Final Smash would be his Ranged Attack, but in a powered-up version. I really need to post a moveset of him, or... PM. Yeah, PM.

Eliwood's Final Smash would be Durandal and Horse-related, that is my bet.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
New Moves-
Air-grabbing
Perfect Counters

Characters-
Ray MK II (Custom Robo)
Felix (Golden Sun)

Custom Stages-
More textures and skins
Background object placements
More backgrounds

Online Stuff-
Online Rankings
Records

On the current discussion about Fire Emblem-- Hector would seem like Ike, wouldn't he? Grossly overpowered. I'd root for Sothe, Sheik-status. Chances are that the next SSB Fire Emblem addition would be the main protagonist; I hope the next main protagonist wields something other than a broadsword.

If Pokemon characters breaks the four roster franchise cap, I'm going to die.

kr3wman

Smash Master
If you haven't played it, then don't you ever bother saying is a sucky game.

Or if you played it, is it your fault to suck so much in it? FE6 is praised for being one of the hardest Fire Emblem games of all. And by far, the most accepted of all the GBA FE games. The game is told to be bad just of being too hard. Meh. Hard mode is a REAL challenge, a lot harder than Hector's Hard Tale.

Speaking of remakes, I don't like FEDS... it lacks of supports and most of the character development is really pathetic.

TWILTHERO, yeah, his chances are slim, but he has them. But still, I'd prefer the new FE hero over him. If FE gets 4 reps, I'd like to see Roy, obviously decloned, at least in Special Moves, like in Brawl with some characters.

Edit: Roy's Final Smash would be his Ranged Attack, but in a powered-up version. I really need to post a moveset of him, or... PM. Yeah, PM.

Eliwood's Final Smash would be Durandal and Horse-related, that is my bet.
I did play it. The graphics are bad compared to other GBA Fire Emblem (Roy's first sprite is completely horrendous.) The first mission is so stupidly balanced you need the promoted paladin to actually make it through since your lord sucks balls (IE Roy). I doubt you could praise the gameplay since every tactical based RPG is roughly the same thing as Fire Emblem, but it didn't have that awesome reaction that the first one had or the fresh look and feel of the GC/Wii FEs.

That doesn't mean it's bad because it's hard. Fire Emblem is one of the few games that, without arena or monster farming, I consider a good challenge. But that game...that game is evil. Your lords are supposed to be good. Roy is not. He has the suckiest stats of all the FE lords and probably has worse stats than most of the units in later games. Almost all of the ennemies in later missions have killer weapons, which means whoops, your unit got one-shotted because of the RNG. Tough luck. You basically needed the legendary weapon because it made your sucky lord actually any useful.

No. That game sucked balls, Roy sucked balls in it and doesn't need a mention in the great series that Fire Emblem is.

/end rant.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't want Roy in SSB4. It's just that, at this point, he has no chance at all.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I did play it. The graphics are bad compared to other GBA Fire Emblem (Roy's first sprite is completely horrendous.) The first mission is so stupidly balanced you need the promoted paladin to actually make it through since your lord sucks balls (IE Roy). I doubt you could praise the gameplay since every tactical based RPG is roughly the same thing as Fire Emblem, but it didn't have that awesome reaction that the first one had or the fresh look and feel of the GC/Wii FEs.

That doesn't mean it's bad because it's hard. Fire Emblem is one of the few games that, without arena or monster farming, I consider a good challenge. But that game...that game is evil. Your lords are supposed to be good. Roy is not. He has the suckiest stats of all the FE lords and probably has worse stats than most of the units in later games. Almost all of the ennemies in later missions have killer weapons, which means whoops, your unit got one-shotted because of the RNG. Tough luck. You basically needed the legendary weapon because it made your sucky lord actually any useful.

No. That game sucked balls, Roy sucked balls in it and doesn't need a mention in the great series that Fire Emblem is.
That's why you say is bad, comparing it with the current Fire Emblem games.

Well, FE6 started all the Support System, and such. For a game in it's time, was not bad. If you want a FE game that is an offense for the Fire Emblem series, try FE2.

Edit: Hm, he still has support, which equals chances (Sonic is the perfect example for that).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Don't worry Roy-Kun, a part in my Smash 4 project will dispel the myths and exaggerations about Roy and FE6.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Of course it's exaggerations. Fuin no Tsurugi is just a true hardcore game. There's tons of defaults to it, but it's a good game on it's own compared to other games. You just need to learn to like it. Something I didn't because I'm not that hardcore.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Of course it's exaggerations. Fuin no Tsurugi is just a true hardcore game. There's tons of defaults to it, but it's a good game on it's own compared to other games. You just need to learn to like it. Something I didn't because I'm not that hardcore.
Heh, glad you understand.

Still, I think this won't make you change your mind -.-;

Don't worry Roy-Kun, a part in my Smash 4 project will dispel the myths and exaggerations about Roy and FE6.
Chrono, thank you.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Why is everyone saying it's going to be 4-ish years until we hear about the next smash? Is that just optimistic thinking, foolishness, or a very good educated guess?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hey MarthFanatique, I will send you a PM ASAP. Also, since you are a Lip fan, here is my Lip moveset for my Smash 4 project:

Lip regular moves:
A: Lip smacks her opponent with the flower-baton.
AA: Lip smacks her opponent again with the flower-baton.
AAA: Lip twirls the flower-baton continuously.
Running-A: Lip does a forward flip, and opponents are harmed if they come into contact with her while she is doing the flip.
Side-A: Lip twirls the flower-baton in front of her, this move can also deflect projectile attacks (but not reflect).
Down-A: Lip does a double-roundhouse kick (meaning she roundhouse kicks with both of her legs, she stands on her hands while doing it)
Up-A: Lip jumps up and spins with her flower-baton raised up high.
A-Air: Lip spins around and smacks any nearby opponents with the flower-baton.
Forward-air: Lip somersaults in the air with the flower-baton.
Backward-air: Lip smacks in back of her with the flower-baton.
Up-Air: This move does not damage, it simply make the petals to the flower-baton grow in size until it is like a parasol and makes Lip fall down slowly.
Forward-Smash: Lip smacks her opponent with the flower-baton two times, before doing one final smack in which she jumps up ands smacks her opponent with baton. Depending on how long you charged up the smash attack, a flower of corresponding size will sprout on the head of the opponent you attacked.
Down-Smash: Lip spins on one foot multiple times. This moves does not knock your opponent back, it instead traps them, inside the whirling attack where they will be hit by the flower-baton multiple times which will make a larger flower grow on your opponent’s head with each consecutive hit.
Up-Smash: Lip will do a flip into the air, and somersault while in the air (any opponents who get hit while Lip is somersaulting down will be get hit multiple times with the flower-baton, which will result in a large flower sprouting from the opponent’s head). If you hit A, before she hits the ground, she will block her fall by doing a leaping handstand in which she repeats the Up-Smash over again. While this can result in a lot of damage, however, there is a bit of lag time after the second leap, which will make yourself vulnerable to attack.

Grabs:
Grab-A: Lip hits her grabbed opponent with the flower-baton.
Forward-Grab: Lip smacks her opponent forward with the flower-baton.
Backward-Grab: Lip kicks her opponent to the back of her (very weak).
Down-Grab: Lip smacks her opponent downward with the flower-baton.
Up-Grab: Lip will toss her opponent up (again it is a weak throw).

Lip special moves:

Regular-B: Junk Block: Lip’s flower-baton will glow and she will throw it a bit into the air, and then a junk block will appear over a nearby opponent’s head and land. A regular junk-block does 15% damage. However, Lip can summon bigger, and even multiple junk blocks as she gets more damaged.

Down-B: Petal Barrier: Lip will use the flower-baton in front of her, and the petals to it will temporarily grow. It will appear that Lip is using the flower-baton as a protective parasol. If opponent attacks her while in the stance, the flower-baton will shoot out seeds which will cause a flower to sprout on the attacking opponent’s head (the size of the flower though depends on how powerful the attempted move was going to be).

Side-B: Panel Toss: Lip tosses a random panel from the Puzzle League series at her opponents. The power and effect of the panel depends upon the symbol. Triangles do 10% damage but have a shocking effect to them and little more knock back. Hearts do 15% damage, and have a fire effect to them, but have less knockback than the triangle panels. Circles do 15% damage, but have no knockback. Star panels do 20% damage but have no knockback. Exclamation blocks are the rarest but getting hit by one does 40% damage, and result in a KO if your opponent has more than 50% damage done to him or her. If you get three of the same type of panel in a row, your opponent will get instantly KO’d, though this circumstance only has a 10% chance of happening.

Up-B: Watabou: The floating balloon-like creature in which Lip sits on in the options menu for Panel de Pon. When you do your Up-B, Watabou appears from underneath Lip and she rides it upward, however, Watabou goes up very quickly and if Lip does not get off quickly she will be KO’d by riding it off screen.

Final Smash: Combos and Chains: The combo and chain fanfare plays, and Lip will spin her flower-baton around quickly like she does when she does a combo or chain in Panel de Pon. Lots and lots of junk blocks fall all across the arena. It is quite likely that your opponents will be KO’d if the arena happens to be small, and your opponents are not proficient at dodging.

Lip’s taunts are as follows:
1. Lip will spin around and wink at the screen, and giggle a bit.
2. Lip will throw the flower-baton up in the air, and make a ^_^ expression.
3. Lip will sit down, and then a ring of flowers will grow around her, when she gets back up the flowers disappear.

Lip’s victory animations are as follows:
1. Lip will do some flips and laugh with happiness.
2. Lip will be sitting down and have a whole bunch of flowers around her, and she will appear to be dowsing off.
3. Lip will stretch and then wink at the camera, and spin the flower-baton.

Running animation:
Lip will sort of have skipping aspect to her running animation, however, she has a determined “I must win this” cute look on her face while doing so.

Idle animation:
Lip will either be twirling the flower-baton or throwing it up in the air a bit. She will also hop a bit in place, all the while smiling (while sometimes her smile will turn to an arrogant smirk). Truly, Smash is not a stressful place for Lip.

Costumes:
1. Lip’s dress will be blue.
2. Lip’s dress will be green.
3. Lip’s dress will be white.
4. Lip’s dress will be red.
5. Lip’s dress and pants will be black and she will have white hair and red eyes (creepy).

Kirby Hat:
Kirby will gain Lip’s hairstyle upon absorbing her. He will also gain Junk-Block special move, however, the attributes about the move related to damage will not be carried over to Kirby.

Lip-Snake Codec Conversation:
Snake: Uh, colonel there looks to be some cute-looking girl with a flower stick as my opponent.
Campbell: Careful Snake, your opponent is Lip, the fairy of flowers.
Snake: *laughs*
Campbell: What’s so funny?
Snake: How do you expect me to fight a flower fairy, she is just a defenseless girl.
Campbell: Snake, that flower-baton she uses has a strange power. It can makes a vampiric flower sprout from the heads of the opponent’s she hits it with. If this flower is not removed, it slowly drains the life energy of its opponents.
Snake: Whaaaaat?! You got to be kidding me colonel. A cute girl like that would not harm even a bug.
Campbell: Not only that, she has ability to summon massive heavy blocks above the heads of her opponents which she uses to devastate and eliminate them, as well, as throw these mystical objects called panels. There seems to be a correlation between the symbol on them and their power, and I will say avoid the ones that have exclamation points on them at all costs.
Snake: This is the most absurd thing I ever heard, I think you are describing someone else to me.
Campbell: Snake remember, not everything is what it seems in Smash Bros. Things that would go against common sense and logic are the norm here. Lip is not an opponent you should underestimate, she has uncanny determination and power. Please don’t let her outward appearance fool you.
Snake: *sigh* I guess you are right, everything here is bizarre, would it be so hard to ask for a normal opponent in Smash Bros.
End of codec.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Lip's moves seem a little bit to powerful. While I like the implementation of the flower heads, I think they shouldn't occur in as moves as you've done. The FSmash A would've done it alone.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Lip's moves seem a little bit to powerful. While I like the implementation of the flower heads, I think they shouldn't occur in as moves as you've done. The FSmash A would've done it alone.
This is why I am doing the BETA-process to my Smash 4 project. I need critiquing and other ideas to fine tune everything for presenting.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Basically something like this thread, except most people will probably tl;dr it.
It'll be very, very long. Its by far the biggest topic I will have ever made.

Also, I am starting up the group to also think of ways to get across all the ideas presented within it without the mass tl:drs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom