• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic rFAQ! New to Sonic? Have a quick question? Ask it here!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Worst stage? That's debateable, some could say he doesn't really have any...I'm one of those peeps.

If I did have to choose though... Out of the usual stages, I'd have to say Weegee's Vs. certain characters (or maybe just in general, however when the house is down it just becomes a Final Destination) and Norfair (if you're the type of Sonic who fights on the ground, I personally enjoy Norfair).

infomon

Smash Scientist
IMO, Jungle Japes is a bad Sonic stage.... our great vertical recovery is useless, our Uair can't kill, we can get outcamped pretty bad and don't have room to run around.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Lylat Cruise throws off your Turnip game, and maybe the floating animation as well.

That's my 2 cents.
I was asking in general... not just Peach...

>_>

So would Lylat be good for Sonic in general, or only against Peach?

aeghrur

Smash Champion
o_O, I'm more or less neutral about Lylat. I'm okay at the stage, but it screws me over sometimes, lol. I just like sharking from underneath, B-throw off then gimp, and sometimes it messes up the opponents projectiles. =/

Japes absolutely sucks. If I get trapped, it's basically either a lot of damage or near death. :( People keep hitting me into it and it's hard to use the side-B vertical recovery when I have to jump out first. T_T Like, wtf. I also get spiked by those bird sometimes on accident and camped to death. :( God, that stage sucks.

Tenki

Smash Hero
once in a while, the placement is just right so that it does that.

not very significant, because when it curves, it usually is near the end of the attack, so it curves parallel to the floor and forces you to have the OMGOMGOMGLAG landing

Napilopez

Smash Lord
I request the origin of steak to be added here... just so people know.

So, what are we going to do about sonic not being in trouneys then? I say everyone from the smash boards or sonic section at least should go to trouney, and prove them wrong about sonic. We can go on and on about how much he sucks, but let's try to do something about it. Let's not cry, but pick sonic up and go on an owning steak with him.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I second that Napi.

I added it to the Steak Break Room description too, for the lulz.

:061:

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Every time I hear even intelligent sounding posts about Sonic, I hear that it is wrong. Where can I find an accurate summary of Sonic that complies with the undersatnding of how Sonic is played at the highest level in the current metagame?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Sometimes when I'm messing around on Green Hill Zone, I spindash up and down the hills. Occasionally, when I reach near the top of a hill, Sonic will immediatly do an F Smash/ F Tilt/ Up Tilt when I input an attack...

Is this some glitchy thing with Sonic's spindash on hills? Am I crazy? Or am I accidently jumping, immediatly slamming into the hill and going straight into an attack?

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Sometimes when I'm messing around on Green Hill Zone, I spindash up and down the hills. Occasionally, when I reach near the top of a hill, Sonic will immediatly do an F Smash/ F Tilt/ Up Tilt when I input an attack...

Is this some glitchy thing with Sonic's spindash on hills? Am I crazy? Or am I accidently jumping, immediatly slamming into the hill and going straight into an attack?
If you are on a 45 degree incline or greater... in a spin special move (called a spin dash roll either spin special works) then by pressing jump you can instantly go from spinning to standing in a neutral position.

From here you can smash attack or do whatever else your heart desires. Most people find themselves doing a smash attack.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Tenki explained it to me when we did a Shawnik ditto on GHZ, I actually did a sliding UTilt.

Clear proof that Sonic is Captain Falcon's pet hedgehog at the least.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I've never searched my name.
It'd be useless anyway, because I doubt anyone in the world would be talking about me, or spelling my name right.
I don't blame them.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
memphis sucks to search, so i usually don't bother.

but to address you kinzer, what tenki i guess. i suppose there is more to it but sure whatever

Top Bottom