• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic rFAQ! New to Sonic? Have a quick question? Ask it here!

Tenki

Smash Hero
This thread is so depressingly useless.

Is it the information? Is it the presentation, the wording?

Or is it that newbies and visitors from other boards are just illiterate tards?

infomon

Smash Scientist
I find all the yellow colouring hard-to-read, so I think you should just use less colours, save it for key spots. It is a really useful visual aid.

But let's be honest, lack-of-readership has nothing to do with the presentation, it's that few new ppl come to the Sonic boards, and the ones that do are often to troll something specific. But lack of discussion here doesn't necessarily mean the thread isn't read and/or useful.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Uhm, I'm ashamed to ask this question, but I gotta know...

Does anybody know a lot about Memphis?

I've only been here since the join date says, however long after it took me to become a regular poster on the Sonic boards to me is a mystery, but basically who is he?

Right now I see him as occasionally flaming one person, or just making a one-liner post...maybe some other stuff here and there, and yet people still respect him? (I do too, don't worry)

What was his past, why do people treat him so great even though he makes the post that he does...why does he resort to that kind of behavior in the first place if known by anybody else but him?

I just thought since this was a place to ask questions I could get it answered...I couldn't find anywhere better to ask really...

Tenki

Smash Hero
He's a contender for the best sonic on the east coast, etc. Not sure if that match between him and KID ever happened.

Other than that, he's a valuable member of the smash community.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I find all the yellow colouring hard-to-read, so I think you should just use less colours, save it for key spots. It is a really useful visual aid.

But let's be honest, lack-of-readership has nothing to do with the presentation, it's that few new ppl come to the Sonic boards, and the ones that do are often to troll something specific. But lack of discussion here doesn't necessarily mean the thread isn't read and/or useful.
I tried to keep a colorcode for side-B = yellow, down-B = orange, and something else like that.

I think I was in the middle of fitting it to the same colorcode that I used in the side-B/down-B thread.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well Tenki, that answers my respect portion of the question, but why has he supposedly gone "insane"?

Tenki

Smash Hero
I can't speak for him, but if it were me,

Side B and Down B
Sonic's Special Moves
Sonic vs. Pits is one of the most one-sided matchups I have ever seen
Super sonic vs Giga Bowser
Sonic Is Not a Character
Seriouly this time
Have y'all seen this? Sonic low tier!!!

also,
Iozeal, I'm actually calling you out.

How did I find that one?
I searched "hate" in the Sonic forums from posts by memphischains, and surprise. The first one comes up in like, March.
>_> after months of having to deal with it, I think you'd start to crack.

bonus.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=155575

cool thread.

bonus2.
threads like this is 76% why i hate this sonic board.
There's a reason why you're no longer a smash debater, 76% of the reason is because you're an ******* troll whom nobody likes.
lol boxob and memphis.

but yeah, search "hate" by memphischains.

bonus3:
?
personal thorn in my side that, if I have to deal with this a few months from now, I'm going to become memphis2.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Poor guy, his hatred didn't take long to manifest even after the U.S. release of Brawl...

Also Tenki if we lose you we might as say the Sonic boards' lifeline will go flat, you're about the smartest poster we have who can still professionally use Sonic! Everybody else is either just passing general knowledge of Sonic, is great with but unwilling to share huge amounts of knowledge like the equivilent of M2k and MK, only has a combination of the two (I guess I could be classified into this, I am great with Sonic, but I know that there are some questions pertaining to Sonic I will never be able to instantly answer), or just has a good thread, like Roy with his moveset, Green with his matchup, etc.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Added a picture:

any comments on making the picture clearer or whatever are welcome.

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
Tenki, you've got an asterisk over Aerial Spin Dash saying "Pressing shield will cancel the charge into a shield". Unless I'm reading it wrong, you can't shield in the air. Might be something you want to fix up.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
He means if you use Spincharge in the air(Down B) and release it, when you hit the ground you can cancel it with a shield.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Poor guy, his hatred didn't take long to manifest even after the U.S. release of Brawl...

Also Tenki if we lose you we might as say the Sonic boards' lifeline will go flat, you're about the smartest poster we have who can still professionally use Sonic! Everybody else is either just passing general knowledge of Sonic, is great with but unwilling to share huge amounts of knowledge like the equivilent of M2k and MK, only has a combination of the two (I guess I could be classified into this, I am great with Sonic, but I know that there are some questions pertaining to Sonic I will never be able to instantly answer), or just has a good thread, like Roy with his moveset, Green with his matchup, etc.
how many times do you have tobe told, tenki sucks at the game, im not joking. he will tell you himself if you ask.

anyway MC is alergic to stupid, but i personally dont know why he stopped being productive

aeghrur

Smash Champion
You roll and hit the c-stick in the direction you want the item thrown.
It's called a glide toss. :O

Tenki

Smash Hero
Tenki, you've got an asterisk over Aerial Spin Dash saying "Pressing shield will cancel the charge into a shield". Unless I'm reading it wrong, you can't shield in the air. Might be something you want to fix up.
Ah, nice catch. Yeah, it's only for the grounded side-B charge.

I'll edit it later.

This will look messy. lol.

He means if you use Spincharge in the air(Down B) and release it, when you hit the ground you can cancel it with a shield.
nop

how many times do you have tobe told, tenki sucks at the game, im not joking. he will tell you himself if you ask.
yeah, something like that.

I have been working on it, but

I still am a 'BARLW newb' who hadn't played Melee in over 5 years (isn't that before the comp. scene exploded?), and on top of that, started maining Sonic over a MONTH after it was released in the US.

If I am better than you and you have more experience than me, you need to step it up :laugh:

Tenki

Smash Hero
I guess i am out of that category...
and tenki, you cant believe that you suck...
On wifi, I've played against the likes of Ally, Vex Kasrani, AZ, etc.

The majority of moves that I get caught from aren't due to "omg that was SOOO shielded but i got hit anyway D:" but due to "asd;flkjas;dlfk I FELL FOR THE TRAP!" or "AHH HE READ ME".

I won't consider myself a 'good' player until I can match those.

you know, i ask a nooby question, get flamed...

This is a safe thread. Even SonicX580 is welcome here.

Tenki

Smash Hero
so you keep falling into people's mindgames?
the asd;flkjas;dlfk totally threw me off. i am so serious.
High quality mindgames and spacing. I'm used to reading worse people, but I don't have enough experience against people who are on that level.

2222 good.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
So your "not good" because you cant read higher level opponents?
why not try to go on the offensive? thats what i do, and it seems to work...
like when i play you, we are going and all of a sudden, "he runs past me trying to either throw or set me up, lets get away from him and try a different approach on him". thats all i am saying, you can try a different approach on people.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
He already is one, he's making a name for himself and Brock Obama.

The sad part is, if he sucks, what are we?

Tenki

Smash Hero
There was probably fractional damage from a previous attack, and it added up with the fractional damage from U-throw and you got an 'extra %'.

That's generally what all the 'extra %' alarms have been.

If you get more than 1% extra damage, then you might want to look into it lol.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Answer me this por favor. Would any of you agree on this?:

:sonic: Sonic
Best: Final Destination, Smashville
Worst: Lylat Cruise
It's for this thread, discussing each character's 3 general best and worst stages.

If no, suggestions?

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I disagree with all of those.

Best: Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Green Green

Worst: Don't know yet, but I know it ain't Lylat

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
We <3 Lylat Cruise.

Sonic actually plays really well on Lylat, so I am not sue where you got that info, as Lylat is one of his best.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Urgh, this is a thread to ask FAQs. XD but I suppose since we don't have anything else to use this can work.

I'm going to assume worst for you guys is where Sonic does bad, and best means the stages where Sonic excels... really Sonic has no bad neutral stages. You can take him anywhere, it doesn't matter. I'll use LC as an example since you decided upon that.

Lylat Cruise has platforms, if you're on them, Sonic can use any of his aerials (not Dair), and weave aroudn with them.

Bair has a lot of knockback, so you will get pushed off the ledge, therefore unable to punish Sonic on his Bair ending lag (unless you're like DSmashing on top of it or something), or if you happen to hit him before he uses Bair.

Fair is good for shield-pressure, and with it's multi-hit moves if it shoves you off the platform you will take the remaining hits.

Uair is too good.

Nair is just as powerful as Bair if not more powerful (because it tends to be more undiminished than Bair), so it's the same deal with Bair, only it's faster and has less range on it.

The tilting in no way screws Sonic to a point where he will be getting K.O.ed by coming up short often if ever, the blastzones are so short anyway you'll have to outright kill Sonic or he will be making it make 99.9% of the time.

Lylat Cruise throws off your Turnip game, and maybe the floating animation as well.

That's my 2 cents.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I think I have the worst stages for Sonic (or at least the stages I always avoid)

Brinstar

Distant Planet

Yoshi's Island

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
I agree with everyone on Sonic's ability to do well on Lylat, but let them stay uninformed. I know you all want to get that little present of someone trying to counterpick you and they choose LC.

Happy Birthday.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh, we spam, and we do a lot of things, as well as are a lot of things, but we aren't a-holes.

Besides, if anybody wants to know anything about Sonic, I usually try to give them my best answer.

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
Understood man.

I feel like I want to co-main Sonic, so I've been sitting on these forums for a bit, learning as much as I can. What are his worst stages?

Top Bottom