• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Sheik Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Ankoku for #1 Sheik
I saw Lain posting and I was like, "ah shiz, Kenni's gettin it now!"

Ankoku is good w/o a doubt. His new video's prove such.
I originally did not like the guy but that was because of a combination of my arrogance and misinterpretation os his posts.
However, I do no believe he is the best. Neo, Armada or Light take that title.
In a year Tristan will be fighting for that title IMO. He knows more than any of those kinds. Mix knowledge, time, patience and battle experience and you have a top player.
Tristan has both patience, knowledge and the time to contribute to it. All he needs is battle experience to perfect his game play.
I mean, he went to a tourney and got like 30 some f-tilt> USmash kills. I only do f-tilt> USmash about once every 3ish matches. I have been trying harder though.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I bet. I could have gimped both diddys at least once, but my playing was so sloppy I just ****ed it up. This has to do with that fact that I just need to play more.

@Light: I figured it'd be top 5. I just posted for the lulz.

@Dcold: Be there next time! So you can tell me what stages to pick and how to ****. =)

Dcold

Smash Lord
I bet. I could have gimped both diddys at least once, but my playing was so sloppy I just ****ed it up. This has to do with that fact that I just need to play more.

@Light: I figured it'd be top 5. I just posted for the lulz.

@Dcold: Be there next time! So you can tell me what stages to pick and how to ****. =)
Haha, i got you boy ;D. Come to Money's Smashfest, we could play there, and strategize and what-not. I play alot of Diddys, yet the matchup still troubles me.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8049

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I can't go to that. =( If I go to the city that often, I'm gonna start going broke. XD When I get a job, ****'s gonna be ill.

*holds saviors* I know, buddy. I know. =(

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I hosted the event rathy went to and I pretty much did horrible.

33rd out of 76 in Singles

9th out of 34 in doubles.

All Sheik... since I pretty much lost the game I attempted to go MK. I don't even know why I did it my MK is trash.

In singles I won vs Victory, lost to PGN in a very close set although it was 0-2 all was last stock and we both had our moments. I was a bit happy I was able to gimp Gaymenwatch in both games but still I lost. That, along with my tourney host fatigue johns I basically stopped trying idk why. Lost to my friend Rien.

Still working on those placements...

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I tried watching all your matches. I noted a lot of stuff, but I forgot all of it by now except that you were rolling OD. Like roll back and forth between the same positions and G&W could have easily punished that ****. Your sheik is mad nice though. I hope I see you at a tourney you don't host so I can harass you for friendlies and you can rep that sheik mad hard.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I tried watching all your matches. I noted a lot of stuff, but I forgot all of it by now except that you were rolling OD. Like roll back and forth between the same positions and G&W could have easily punished that ****. Your sheik is mad nice though. I hope I see you at a tourney you don't host so I can harass you for friendlies and you can rep that sheik mad hard.
Yea I didn't roll nearly as much during my match vs PGN's GW. If I had it would have been ****. He was particularly good with his grab game and reading rolls.

I basically gave up in a way after that loss though. Too much on my mind. Like I said, repping hard in upcoming tournaments.

saviorslegacy

I hosted the event rathy went to and I pretty much did horrible.

33rd out of 76 in Singles

9th out of 34 in doubles.

All Sheik... since I pretty much lost the game I attempted to go MK. I don't even know why I did it my MK is trash.

In singles I won vs Victory, lost to PGN in a very close set although it was 0-2 all was last stock and we both had our moments. I was a bit happy I was able to gimp Gaymenwatch in both games but still I lost. That, along with my tourney host fatigue johns I basically stopped trying idk why. Lost to my friend Rien.

Still working on those placements...
Not to bad I imagine.

My MK is like naturally good.
Maybe better than my Sheik.....
Since I practiced so much with Sheiks spacing I always try and hit my foe with the very tip of my hit box.
Also, my lil bro mains MK so I understand the exact range of everything.

True story, my 13 year old lil brother is amazing at SSBB.
He hates the game and only plays it like once a month now. At first he was all crazy about it.
Lemme tell you, you can't combo him and he plays really RNDM. I lose 70% of the time and I freakin train!!!!!
It's embarrassing.....
What is it with 13ish people and being good at this game. Xyro has told me about a Fox main and an IC main that do the exact same thing. The IC main is supposed to be better at CGing than Hylian.
I want to know their secret.....

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you should hit with the tip of your hit box with every character.

Kids learn fast. but I don't think thats it. I have a difficult time agianst people who don't know how to play and against computers because I can't read them. This is espeacially true when I'm being aggressive. I just run into things because a "good" player wouldn't do it.
I also can't bait them because they don't know/dan't react to whats happening.

camping works though. gives you time to learn their habits and addapt to them. nothing worse to losing to some one you are better than.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If XYRO is talking about Smoom, idk.

The secret to the game is to think about it. Hell it makes little difference how much you play at it if you are naturally gifted at the game. I know I am, I ONLY play at tournaments and smashfests the day before/hours before a tournament.

saviorslegacy

I pretty much hate you DMG. j/k

I can implement things and play RNDM, but it is hard to do so.
Playing RNDM is hard than learning all of the DACUS tricks because because it requires you to play like you haven't before and break any current habits formed either in that match or at all.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
DMG from what I hear though your play style don't revolve around technical skill and all that. You are intelligent and that doesn't go away. IC and MK aren't characters you just learn over night. and similarly I'm guessing you've had to put work in to learn your limits as well before you got as successful as you are.

That said obviously some people have more aptitude for the game. but practice and hard work does pay off.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
IC's aren't hard to play as really. All you have to do is understand the general idea behind desynching, and then apply it. MK too from a technical standpoint isn't that hard to learn, just a bit hard to understand as a character/how to play well with him.

I'm very technical. I one of the most persistent users of SDI (also one of the best at it, I don't brag about it much though), and one of the best grab breakers out there. I'm not Shiek status when it comes to technical, but I don't like playing as her to start with. She's too weird to the flow of battle I am used to.

For Shiek, she is a character you won't get better at unless you practice and get good with tech skill. Wario honestly is one of the easiest characters to pick up and do well with without straining yourself with anything too hard to do. It shouldn't be that way honestly, but people still misjudge Wario a lot or don't put enough strain on him when fighting him.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hehehehe...

All according to plan...

I brag every day to strangers on the Street about my SDI. Why not, it's good might as well inform people about it 24/7 like a douchebag.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I know sir, I know.

Jabs, SDIing and Teching Otherwise Lethal Moves, SDIing yourself into a weaker hit of a Multi Hit move to live longer, etc.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you can SDI jabs really really far.

EDIT:
:) that added a lot to the convo, lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Some of them, actually yes you can reach stupid distances with. Some like Shiek however, the first one at least, like you can TRY to SDI it but you only have 2-4 frames to input anything and I think the distance you travel is less than normal (I know Ankoku knows this stuff by heart). You can sometimes SDI it far enough to avoid the ****, while other times it's just not enough.

Other jabs though, f*** yeah you can go far. Shiek's Usmash you can travel like half the distance of FD rofl. Light and I laughed SO hard when I showed him that over and over.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
sheik's second jab can be DIed ridiculously far the comp showed me. so now I don't put a lot of thought into SDI when I'm doing "comboing" since it can change things drastically from what you'd normally expect.

more on topic DMT who'd you lose to/win against in both events?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You can SDI half the distance of FD on Sheik's/Snake's/Ike's second jab, yet you can't escape the range of the second jab with SDI from the first jab. True story.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Doubles - teamed w/ JTails. he used MK, Kirby for the most prt.
Winners
- Bye
- Lost to Doom and MintyFlesh 2-3
Losers
- Bye
- Defeated Ruby and Pain
- Defeated Nick A and CarioMoney
- Defeated Munoz and Sage
- Lost to NinjaLink and Malcolm 0-2, close

Singles
Winners
- Bye
- Defeated Victory, 3 stock then 2 stock 2-0
- Lost to PGN* - 0-2, very close both games
Losers
- Lost to Rien ( a friend of mine who uses ROB, we had to play and I had just lost my will >_>)

* PGN is apparently a Top 10 ranked player on the NYC Power Rankings. I didn't check myself but I heard he was 6th or so. Regardless he uses GW.

I'm not happy with my performance at all at this tournament. you know when you can just feel you're not playing well - you can just see it in the way you play. I had one of those. More concentration and representation to be done at all upcoming tournaments.

EDIT: Also i didn't get to do my MM vs Ally as the tournament ran late and I was trying to get it finished fast before the venue kicked us out and it turned into a CoT4.

saviorslegacy

False. If it's in Ohio and it's on a good date, chances are I could get SW Ohio to come. Free money.
Nic and I have been talking about hosting one since like April.
I'll talk to him and then to you guys to see if we can negotiate a time.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
So....

I'm assuming that the rankings are coming out sometime in the new year so Winterfest results will go to this first batch of rankings eh?

@DmT Manga: Not bad at that tourney...faitigue johns are the worst. I know all about those lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom