• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Sheik Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I was talking to someone who said he saw Neo's sheik playing friendlies (possiblly MMs) against Takeover's snake at Inui's tourney last weekend (kosher boy, i think). He said it was the most amazing sheik he's seen, but he's probably only seen my sheik and maybe snakeee's sheik. lol Still, Neo doesn't play sheik in tourney EVER so he could only get on this list through MMs.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That's like saying Dphat is a Top 5 Wario cause he only loses to Lee Martin's Wario and My Wario. Like he's not even a main or someone who uses him in tournament (Dphat does go Wario against Bassem now though).

I'm not saying Neo's not good with her, but IDK that would seem iffy putting him at first with Shiek mains working their ***** off in tournament and placing with her.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure the panel won't put him on the list simply because he doesn't do anything with sheik. He certainly won't get number 1 without actually playing sheik in tournament.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
NEO said he beat Meeps Icies and Candy's Snake in tourny, he also said something to the effect of" people who run away from me with diddy being gay I go sheik so they can't run away".......so i'm fairly confident that he has the most impressive tourny win out of all Sheik except Armada up to this point.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh well.

NEO you almost had it son. Almost.

Dang I wonder if I am still in his sig.*goes to check*

Shiek surprisingly does well against IC's. I hear everyone b**** about the matchup being this 65-35 70:30 BS for her, but IDK I've not seen people camp IC's with her. I think it could work.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Shiek surprisingly does well against IC's. I hear everyone b**** about the matchup being this 65-35 70:30 BS for her, but IDK I've not seen people camp IC's with her. I think it could work.
Good ****ing luck. In case you didn't notice, Sheik doesn't have the disjointed range to cut past their aerials while camping, doesn't hit hard enough to make up for being a light (easy to chaingrab) character that gets 0-death'd anyway, and doesn't have the aerial maneuverability or multiple jumps to make it happen through sheer number of movement options. I mean, sure, you can work 10 times as hard as the Ice Climbers maybe dealing 15% damage at a time with fully charged needle storms that they don't see coming, but that's not something I'd call "even," let alone "surprisingly well."

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Main thing I could see Sheik doing well in this matchup is capitalizing on Nana being seperated from Popo due to Sheik's speed........it's a shame that Sheik doesn't have much of anything that's safe to seperate them with.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm not talking about camping them in the air. I'm talking about on the ground. Framewise, Shiek has the tools to avoid getting grabbed (she outspeeds them with a few good moves). Like it's complicated, but IDK I don't think she loses much harder than 6:4 in that matchup. I know she definitely has some stages where the matchup looks pretty even or maybe even slight advantage for her.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i think a combination of grabs and blizzards creates a big problem

but i dont kno, i never even tried sheik vs ic's cuz i prefer zelda ♥

iLight

Smash Lord
If neo/armada want to be on this list they will need to post results or have someone do it for them from after this thread has been made which i stated before. Thank you stealth for finding the date Oct 28. Anyone who doesn't have results that find their way to us in some way of their sheik (who is a main) placing in tourney or winning MM's obviously they probably don't care enough to be on this list anyways.

done

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Ok.....I'll give this a try?

The only recent one I've been to was Redemption in Des Moines (Nov, 14, 2009)

Idk who's reputable or not, but I placed 13th of 56 using Sheik except for an attempt at ZSS and ICs

Lost to: Joker (Snake, placed 1st) and Jlo (Peach, placed 9th)
Won against: D.Vog (MK), Mysterious Silver (Pit), and Zyklon (Falco)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'm not talking about camping them in the air. I'm talking about on the ground. Framewise, Shiek has the tools to avoid getting grabbed (she outspeeds them with a few good moves). Like it's complicated, but IDK I don't think she loses much harder than 6:4 in that matchup. I know she definitely has some stages where the matchup looks pretty even or maybe even slight advantage for her.
A man after my own heart. DMG isn't an alt acount of mine. I've always said IC aren't a hard counter, definitely they have the advantage, but it isn't some crazy impossible match where you should feel like you need an alt.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
A man after my own heart. DMG isn't an alt acount of mine. I've always said IC aren't a hard counter, definitely they have the advantage, but it isn't some crazy impossible match where you should feel like you need an alt.
Like I have said.....
We are only EASIER to be CG'd and f-tilt lock doesn't work on them.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
for this dumb "easier to chaingrab bs" the icies matchup is dependent on not getting grabbed. In most cases in each Icies matchup no matter the difficulty of the chaingrab.......getting grabbed is going to equal a stock. So difficulty of the CG really doesn't factor much into the matchup.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That, and I know of some IC players who actually prefer/are better at infiniting Heavier characters than the usual Lighter Characters. So difficulty, even if used as an argument, becomes subjective due to how you personally perceive the CG's.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
dthrow requires a grab which again they should be getting since you are out of grab range.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
ot os even easier to avoid grabs verus one and easier to camp them. Yeah the single dthrow chain is beast but it doesn't set up for a kill and only goes up to 60%

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
ot os even easier to avoid grabs verus one and easier to camp them. Yeah the single dthrow chain is beast but it doesn't set up for a kill and only goes up to 60%
I know this is a Sheik board.....

But with just one climber, wouldn't it seem more logical to turn into Zelda!?

Sopo can't D-throw chain Zelda, and without nana it really hard to get close with all her magics.

And if you like, you can change back into Shiek when your precents to high to D-throw chain
^_^

Dcold

Smash Lord

Sopo can't D-throw chain Zelda, and without nana it really hard to get close with all her magics.

And if you like, you can change back into Shiek when your precents to high to D-throw chain
^_^
Never even thought of that. Definately going to try that. Thanks

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
ICs are crazy over hyped right now. hate to sound cliche but don't get grabbed. sheik can handle characters with better approach options. the only big difference is ICs can punish your mistakes with a stock instead of big damage.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.

^_^
Good idea X-factor.

Also... why is your avy a pic of <3?
That is just weird......

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
It got 17th at Genesis lol, can anyone else compare though?
Just looking at who he beat, I'm not impressed (he did beat an IC main so that's kinda impressive). I will admit that the sheik that placed after him had pretty much the same bracket. Not sure if he was doing badly that day or if that bracket was harder than I thought.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He went MK on Amanyte (IDR how to spell his name, he's the Cali IC player who probably plays mostly Melee now).

KenniSpam!

Smash Master

^_^
That's what I do.

Edit. OMG JUST MAKE THE RANKINGS ALREADY. IDC IF ITS A REALLY JANKY ONE, I JUST WANT SOMETHING! IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZAAAAAAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom