• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xTrav8

Smash Cadet
I've been curious about this for some time now. Can Dedede be grabbed during the invincibility frames of his up-b?

Bwa

Smash Cadet
2nd: When I try to infinite Samus/Luigi/DK/ect I always fail because when I push the grab button after 1/2 Dthrow, it makes me shield instead of grab, how can I solve this problem ?
C'est parce que tu essayes de grab trop tôt, grab lorsque les % commencent à monter (sorry guys, but it's easier for me to write french ^^')

I've trouble to land an Utilt too, but when guys land, use your Utilt with its maximal range, and if they didn't airdoge, they would be hit by our great Dsmash :)

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
Pick the charecter you are worse against, and pick a counter based on that.

If Falco- Kirby
If Olimar- stay the hell away from Snake, go Marth, Metaknight, Luigi, or Peach.
If Ice Climbers- GnW or Lucario
If Pikachu- Marth or GnW
And for Diddy go Falco, amirite? Or does Falco no longer counter Diddy?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I have no idea. The Diddy matchup discussion has the worst layout ever. I'm not even going to bother trying to read it. Diddy shouldn't be that big of a problem though. He's balls **** to learn to fight against, but once you do learn, he isn't nearly as intimidating.

Jupz

Smash Master

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
My main is Dedede, and my secondary is Olimar. There are a couple of Olimar mains in my area.

If I have to face one of them in tourney, which character should I use?

T3h Albino

Smash Master
whichever character you feel most comfortable with
i usually go d3 against olimars just because i know the matchup better with d3
even though its around 65:35 in olimars favor if you know what you're doing you can still win.
If you're comfortable with olimar and are rapesauce at dittos
more power to you.

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
My MK is horrible, and so is my Olimar ditto. I guess I'll go with D3 for now.
How dare you. Don't come to the DeDeDe boards telling us you've picked up our Fatty because you fail at hopping on the bandwagon among other Meta Knights and Olimars

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I've just thought of something about Dedede's chaingrab? On Donkey Kong, he can do it forever while standing, and I'm presuming it's because of his heavy weight. Yet, on Bowser, who is heavier, he has to walk forward slightly. Why would this be?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I've just thought of something about Dedede's chaingrab? On Donkey Kong, he can do it forever while standing, and I'm presuming it's because of his heavy weight. Yet, on Bowser, who is heavier, he has to walk forward slightly. Why would this be?
Because weight doesn't have to do with it.

Mario, Luigi, Samus, DK

Find the similarities.

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
... OK, maybe I'm being a noob, but I have no idea what the similarity between them is...
Can we just end this stupid infinite discussion with me saying:

Because they are all within grab range by the time we are done with our first Dthrow. It their position towards D3, whatever you would like to think, but could we cover a topic we haven't fully discussed yet? No disrespect, but seriously.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Sorry, I'm kind of a noob when it comes to Dedede. I guess I'll just forget it and you guys can discuss something else.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Can we just end this stupid infinite discussion with me saying:

Because they are all within grab range by the time we are done with our first Dthrow. It their position towards D3, whatever you would like to think, but could we cover a topic we haven't fully discussed yet? No disrespect, but seriously.
Please disregard this post...
This is a Q&A Thread, this type of discussion can keep going -_-.
I personally have no idea how Luigi can be infinited and not Bowser....

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
Please disregard this post...
This is a Q&A Thread, this type of discussion can keep going -_-.
I personally have no idea how Luigi can be infinited and not Bowser....
LOL? About an infinite we already knew about? When I could look at Vayseth's CG guide? Lawl don't get better than this. >.<

haloman800

Smash Apprentice
How do you ledge infinate Wario? When I try to just re-grab like normal ledge infinates, it dosn't work, when I try to grab release to re grab, they jump out, How do I do it?

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
How do you properly do a SH FAir? I always cancel myself out or just swing above the target.

Is DAir a viable move for "ground game"? I'm always afraid of landing like 2 hits and then getting punished.

Should I ever take out the Jet Hammer? If so when?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
How do you properly do a SH FAir? I always cancel myself out or just swing above the target.

Is DAir a viable move for "ground game"? I'm always afraid of landing like 2 hits and then getting punished.

Should I ever take out the Jet Hammer? If so when?
Since I'm primarily airbased, I use Dair a hell of a lot. If they manage to DI out, just hit them with a Nair or a Bair if you fullhopped the Dair.

Jet Hammer is basically your surprise attack. If you use it when your falling from high in the air charge it. If your opponent rolls behind you, unleash it when you on them, but not necessarily on the ground.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I'm thinking of picking up Dedede, and I have some questions to ask:

1) DDD has a walking CG on Bowser, and apparently you can ledge infinite after that. Could someone explain how that works, please?

2) Is there any situation where USmash should be used instead of UTilt?

3) Apart from the Ice Climbers and Meta Knight, what are some other bad matchups for him?

4) Can he grab crouching characters? (the low crouching ones like Snake, Kirby and Jigglypuff) Because his grab looks like it should.

Jupz

Smash Master
1) The ledge infinite works the same way as the Dthrow Infinite on DK, Samus, Mario and Luigi, except on the edge. Seems to be a little harder for me.

2) After a grab release on Wario or if you are running and have a little time to hit someone but not enough to stop and Utilt or Dash Attack.

3) Metaknight isn't that bad for him, his worst are IC's, Pikachu, Falco, and Olimar.

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
So how do you move forward/backwards with a SH without screwing up your F-air. I almost always miss the target or cancel on the ground

tekkie

Smash Master
How do I standing infinite Wolf? I want to learn how to **** my own character.

Buffering the dthrow doesn't seem to work. wtf am I doing wrong?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Wolf can't be standing infinited, that's what you're doing wrong.

It's a ledge infinite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom