• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
What do you guys think of Pictochat for a CP? I've been playing D3 a little and just wanted a few good CP idea's. I know FD and Delfino but I think Pictochat is better than Delfino.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I like Pictochat (mostly for the music) but the ceiling is so high that it's hard to kill on that stage. The wind can also mess with chaingrabbing. Other than that it's s good stage.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I find the wind actually helps with the CG since it pushes your opponent to you while you're CGing. Also with the huge amount of walls that spawn you can rack up 100% before they leave. Plus Pictochat is only has 2 points on FD with the ceiling height according the the stage chart. This is why I use it. Also I put Wario Ware's main theme on Pictochat, it sounds so good.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I find the wind actually helps with the CG since it pushes your opponent to you while you're CGing.
That's only if you're going to the right though. All the opponent has to do is stay on your left during the wind part if you weren't already cging them to avoid it.

Plus Pictochat is only has 2 points on FD with the ceiling height according the the stage chart.
I think Halberd is only a few points lower than FD too but it makes a significant difference. I wish I could find the exact data but the search function isn't working for me right now so I can't find the thread.

Also I put Wario Ware's main theme on Pictochat, it sounds so good.
Not all of us have the luxury of music hacks you know.

But it doesn't matter because Wii Shop Channel music is still better imo. :colorful:

DZLE

Smash Master
I have announced my leave of competitive Brawl, so I need to hand this thread over to someone who I see fit to take it over.

If you wanna take over this thread, tell me, I will give permission to do so. I require that the OP says "Taken over from DZLE", though.

I love you guys and I love you guys more for playing D3.
I am just taking my leave of competitive brawl and can't give the time to research anything for you guys anymore.

Any takers?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Do we really even need to update the OP? I highly doubt anyone reads it.

Also, I need help facing campy Metaknights. Like really campy. Let me tell you what I'm talking about:

Near the beginning of the match we ran around a little and then we stopped and faced eachother and waited to make a move. We literally just stood there for like 20 seconds before I dashed away and did something (I think I threw a Waddle Dee, idk). He got the first kill on me (it was a gimp, I don't quite remember what happened) and every subsequent time in the match he would not approache me at all except to punish lag on my attacks. It was absolutely ridiculous.

Any advice?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Do we really even need to update the OP? I highly doubt anyone reads it.

Also, I need help facing campy Metaknights. Like really campy. Let me tell you what I'm talking about:

Near the beginning of the match we ran around a little and then we stopped and faced eachother and waited to make a move. We literally just stood there for like 20 seconds before I dashed away and did something (I think I threw a Waddle Dee, idk). He got the first kill on me (it was a gimp, I don't quite remember what happened) and every subsequent time in the match he would not approache me at all except to punish lag on my attacks. It was absolutely ridiculous.

Any advice?
I know exactly how that is...
It's like a game of chess Gates, that's how bad these situations can be.
During those watchy situations, I suggest to approach short hop a down air, just once or twice. He won't punish that as easily.
Also you should approach with a RAR back air without hitting him...then do a reverse inhale. A great mindgame.
I do it successfully almost all the time with a campy Meta Knight. And just use Inhale more frequently against him, but wisely also...
If you feel you've tried these or may not work, you just have to play as smart as you can, like a game of chess.

DZLE

Smash Master
Nevermind, we will just keep the thread here and have it here as Q&A.
The OP isnt important anyway.

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
When youre in MetaKnight's Tornado, what should you do? I just cant even get out of it. I attempt to SDI Up but to no avail. Any tips?

Also, I read that you can Ledge Infinite Wolf and Wario and some other folk. Is it just like your everyday Infinite Grab like against DK, Mario, Samus, etc or is there a twist?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
When youre in MetaKnight's Tornado, what should you do? I just cant even get out of it. I attempt to SDI Up but to no avail. Any tips?

Also, I read that you can Ledge Infinite Wolf and Wario and some other folk. Is it just like your everyday Infinite Grab like against DK, Mario, Samus, etc or is there a twist?
Once you're in it, you can't get out until he finishes or decides to space himself before all the tornado frames are gone, smash directional influence is hardly effective.

Wherever you read that, the author must be on crack -_-.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Wherever you read that, the author must be on crack -_-.
No, actually, I'm not.

But yeah, I've only ever heard that, I haven;t been able to test it out for myself. I've never been able to do anything close to it on the ledge though.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Originally someone thought you could on wario due to Seibrik's combo video where he did it to Wario. However, that ONLY works if you grab wario out of his second jump coming back onto the level, and it's not with down throw it's with grab release (must be a jump release to work).

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
No, actually, I'm not.

But yeah, I've only ever heard that, I haven;t been able to test it out for myself. I've never been able to do anything close to it on the ledge though.
This the wierd grab I hear that you can do to Wolf? Or is that something els?

Jupz

Smash Master
You can walking CG wolf, wario, ganondorf, bowser and DK. You can infinite DK, samus, mario and luigi, and you can infinite bowser and Dedede at the ledge by dthrows.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Walking CG actually does not work on Wolf and Wario (and probably not Ganon either, but who cares).

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Gates vs platform camping mks. FH bair catches them off guard.

vs grounded ones run up to them and sh fair. If you space it well its funny how little options they have. Dtilt/ftilt won't hit. Shuttle loop is outspaced. Sh fair gets beaten too. If they sheild double jump dair their sheild and you won't be able to be punished (good chance of sheild poke too).

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
Walking CG actually does not work on Wolf and Wario (and probably not Ganon either, but who cares).
I thought Wolf and ganon could be walking cg'd but it had super strict timing. I take it that it doesn't work as dthrow decays? I mean, it doesn't matter since those chars are easy to cg as is.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I thought Wolf and ganon could be walking cg'd but it had super strict timing. I take it that it doesn't work as dthrow decays? I mean, it doesn't matter since those chars are easy to cg as is.
It's not because of decay, they can roll out of it.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Beef, every charecter board has adopted a pokemon. Snake got Ekans. We got Snorlax, I think we should use him instead

:034:

plus, he's purple

Tero.

Smash Champion
We definitly need Empoleon as a smilie.
I've named my Empoleon in platin version "DeDeDe"

Steel_Samurai

Smash Journeyman
Is there a garunteed way for Dtilt to combo from Dthrow?
I see it in vids all the time, but whenever I downthrow someone off the ledge, the dtilt only seems to connect around 25% of the time.
Is it DI dependent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom