• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DZLE

Smash Master
No pokemon is suitable to represent Dedede unless they release a pokemon that wields a gigantic hammer and self proclaim themself as king.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
We definitly need Empoleon as a smilie.
I've named my Empoleon in platin version "DeDeDe"
Hahahaha, I named him King DDD

Is there a garunteed way for Dtilt to combo from Dthrow?
I see it in vids all the time, but whenever I downthrow someone off the ledge, the dtilt only seems to connect around 25% of the time.
Is it DI dependent?
You have to buffer your dtilt.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
also I uploaded a Match against sheikant's pikachu, this was a friendly just to **** but since he told me to upload it I did. also if anyone could help in this matchup I would be please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVPrlh3zeG0
I was going to upload it also because of the weird thing at the very end (a buffered dtilt on Pikachu, which, afaik, should not connect). Does anyone have any insights on it? My guess is that the Pika was DI'ing towards?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Im pretty sure it was bad DI on my part :/. Dont get all excited on the dtilt thing. Tho it just might work who knows...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
You have to get hit by something to DI, you can't DI standing.
Looks like he ran into it, or maybe he released his shield, and pikachu lowers his head when he does that, and got hit.

RATED

Smash Lord
You have to get hit by something to DI, you can't DI standing.
Looks like he ran into it, or maybe he released his shield, and pikachu lowers his head when he does that, and got hit.
eeeh, the Dtilt is on the edge... so no shield... since the Dtilt hit him like when DDD hit dk with dtilt at the edge

Vayseth

Smash Master
A mod on AiB seems to think that Charizard, Wario, Ganondorf and Wolf all fall victim to the Walking CG. What do you guys think?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
A mod on AiB seems to think that Charizard, Wario, Ganondorf and Wolf all fall victim to the Walking CG. What do you guys think?
1. Don't use the AiB forums, they are full of fail, cancer, aids, etc.
2. Wario can definitely get out of it, and I'm fairly sure the rest can too.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
My tests were inconclusive, as I wrote. I'm just wondering if people think differently. Since it was the last section of my guide, I didn't know if people made it through it alive enough to comment so I brought it up here XD
Meh I'm not sure I'll test it later and let you know ;).

Also I was fooling around with Wario's air break and up tilting doesn't work or it just doesn't connect...
-_-' up smash works wonders everytime though and is more reliable, and back air too.

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
When I try the shield canceled CG, I often end up doing dash-grabs or rolls. What exactly is the timing for it? tap to dash and the shield+A immediately after?

Vayseth

Smash Master
Meh I'm not sure I'll test it later and let you know ;).

Also I was fooling around with Wario's air break and up tilting doesn't work or it just doesn't connect...
-_-' up smash works wonders everytime though and is more reliable, and back air too.
No one is doubting that either of those aren't reliable. U Tilt will connect though. The timing is a bit more strict and there's also the possibility for farts to interrupt it. It's a natural combo, if Wario doesn't have a fart XD

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
No one is doubting that either of those aren't reliable. U Tilt will connect though. The timing is a bit more strict and there's also the possibility for farts to interrupt it. It's a natural combo, if Wario doesn't have a fart XD
I'll just wait for an up smash kill then, since it doesn't seem the timing is always the same for up tilt or whatever.

Jupz

Smash Master
So just bair, Utilt and Usmash can connect? What about fair, in case your Usmash is staled from too many grab releases?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
So just bair, Utilt and Usmash can connect? What about fair, in case your Usmash is staled from too many grab releases?
Oh juppy juppy juppers...
A move in general doesn't get stale especially if you don't use it at all before, and grab releases don't go in the "attack queue" only pummels do. So just wait for the up smash until you air break him...and the up smash is fresh when you use it the first time...;)

I also tested that forward air is too laggy to followup a air break and Wario will be capable of inputting commands before the forward air comes through. Back air will prevail though.

Jupz

Smash Master
Lol I know that, but I usually always Usmash after a grab release even at low percents. So if I'm not landing as many other moves its gonna stale :p But I suppose its rare for it too get staled even if I am using it a lot for grab releases because Dthrow and Pummels will take up most of the 9 spots assuming I don't land many other moves. I phrased the question in a silly way sorry, I should have just plain out asked if Fair could hit :p

Ok thanks for answering anyway :)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Dedede has a jab lock, but you're better off not using it since there are so many better options.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Lol I know that, but I usually always Usmash after a grab release even at low percents. So if I'm not landing as many other moves its gonna stale :p But I suppose its rare for it too get staled even if I am using it a lot for grab releases because Dthrow and Pummels will take up most of the 9 spots assuming I don't land many other moves. I phrased the question in a silly way sorry, I should have just plain out asked if Fair could hit :p

Ok thanks for answering anyway :)
You are very welcome my friend.
like when they are flubbed and you jab cancel jab cancel jab over and over?

or into a wall?

I already tried against a wall and the second jab before the twisting hammer will send the guy upwards so you won't be able to twist him against the wall.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Bthrow near the edge works as a setup on some characters but not most. The best way to hit utilt is to punish them on platforms.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
While on a flat stage, up throwing and watching what they do could set you up for an up tilt also. Watch for the airdodge then time the up tilt, but they could do more to get back on the floor.

Tekk

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I've got 2 questions:

1st: What char should I pick as a secondary to counter DDD's worst matchups ?

2nd: When I try to infinite Samus/Luigi/DK/ect I always fail because when I push the grab button after 1/2 Dthrow, it makes me shield instead of grab, how can I solve this problem ?

Sorry for my terrible english, I'm french.

RATED

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I've got 2 questions:

1st: What char should I pick as a secondary to counter DDD's worst matchups ?

I say : Game and watch , marth, kirby or snake

2nd: When I try to infinite Samus/Luigi/DK/ect I always fail because when I push the grab button after 1/2 Dthrow, it makes me shield instead of grab, how can I solve this problem ?

just practice more

Sorry for my terrible english, I'm french.

that's what I think.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Pick the charecter you are worse against, and pick a counter based on that.

If Falco- Kirby
If Olimar- stay the hell away from Snake, go Marth, Metaknight, Luigi, or Peach.
If Ice Climbers- GnW or Lucario
If Pikachu- Marth or GnW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom