• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pit Questions Thread

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Are there any other characters that you played alot of besides Pit, because i have some questions for other questions.

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
Hi there this is like my 3rd or sumit post and i don`t wanna get flamed i know i have bad grammar ......ok then my question is no.1 do you press an up/down/left/right button after you have fired an arrow to angle it
no.2 how long can pit glide for after his double jump
no.3 do you think he will be high tier
no.4 witch stage do you think will be best for flying characters
1:you hold b and angle w/ up,down,left right to angle the arrows.but once you release them u simply hold the control stick down in the direction in which you would like the arrow 2 go.

2:from what i can tell,it can last forever(unless you run out of speed or something).but remember,u cant change directions once starting gliding.

3:cant be prediced;too early

4:so far probably either skyworld or hyrule temple,jus cuz of the fact that theres gaps and places where you need a good jump.but im sure every level will be good for flying characters because its amazing recovery.

mario8498

Smash Cadet
but im sure every level will be good for flying characters because its amazing recovery.
I wouldn't say that. From experience smashing, I'd say smaller/more crowded stages won't be so good for flyers. That being, for instance when you get smashed off the stage on small stages you don't have much room to get your double/recovery move jump in there.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
A few things that I really want to know.

1. Can you jump out of the mirror shield?
2. How much control does Pit have over his arrows' flight paths (both before and after firing)?
3. How much lag does Pit have before and after firing his arrows?
4. Can you cancel Pit's up B? If so, how?
5. Can Pit fastfall (because holding down causes you to glide)?
6. Does Pit's up B auto sweetspot?

That's all for now, but I'll probably have more questions later.

edit: I may have to change my avatar for people to recognize me now:laugh:

iron blade

Smash Ace

2. How much control does Pit have over his arrows' flight paths (both before and after firing)?

2. he can aim straight or up before firing, and he can aim up or down after but they move very quickly so it's hard to control.
4. attack.

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say that. From experience smashing, I'd say smaller/more crowded stages won't be so good for flyers. That being, for instance when you get smashed off the stage on small stages you don't have much room to get your double/recovery move jump in there.
yah but that would be true for all characters, not the just the flying ones,wouldnt it?

Are there any other characters that you played alot of besides Pit, because i have some questions for other questions.

1st question: I can answer some questions about some other characters if you would like as well.

2nd question:

1. No

2. You can aim them directly up or in front of you. You can also turn around while holding them.You can aim curve them up or down when shooting them forward, and you can curve them left and right when aiming them up. The curviture doesn't get that steep due to the arrow speed.
3. Very little lag.

4. You can cencel it by doing an aerial attack early in the animation. But only early in the animation.

5.That error has been corrected, you have to hold down the B button to glide. Every characer in Brawl can fast fall.

6. Yes, every move does.

iron blade

Smash Ace
i know that he can aim his bow upward in midair but can pit also aim it down? i'm just wondering if he can as i don't see how this would be very useful...

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
One more thing, (For right now!) can you duck under a platform to go to a lower platform if you are using your sheild?
Like in Melee when you tried to do it, you ended up side stepping, I am asking if it is different in this game.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I didn't feel like making a new thread about it, so I'll just post it here.

Pit's trophy in Melee, the last line of its description is something like: "Will Pit ever fight again?" A little foreshadowing, perhaps?

One more thing, (For right now!) can you duck under a platform to go to a lower platform if you are using your sheild?
Like in Melee when you tried to do it, you ended up side stepping, I am asking if it is different in this game.
Do we know if Pikachu is Pit's father, yet?
1st Q:Yes, you can actually.

2nd Q: I'm no longer going to answer stupid questions after that.

iron blade

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but what is pit's f-tilt and what direction is the knockback?

Syzygy

Smash Apprentice
i think he might be (might) be a troll.

In response to iron blade, quoted from EPF "F-tilt- Pit crosses his arms forward to slash". I would assume knockback is small and is in a ~45 Degree angle, like most attacks.

EarthHero

Smash Apprentice
VERY IMPORTANT!!!

1) Can you move/walk while holding out your sheild? (Down Special)
Also, can you angle it upwards/downwards for better sheilding?

2) You can jump out of your glide right? Thus using it again and again and again.
Could be used to easily change gliding direction.

3) How fast is gliding anyway? Is it the speed of your dash?

4) Lastly, do you see any offensive uses for gliding? I could name a few.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Can Pit cancel out of his Mirror Shield faster than he can cancel out of his shield?

Albiel

Smash Apprentice
I know that E4All was a bit of a while ago, so it may have been understably forgotten, and that it doesn't has to do with actual gameplay. But, do you think you could tell us the level of usage Pit had, if it wouldn't be a bother? I've been wondering if he will be used by as many players as, say, Fox or Marth in SSBM. Thank you.

Attention people with questions:

I'm very sorry, but my computer just recently crapped out on me and my internet access with my Wii is currently limited due to my router screwing me over. I'm actually sending this message via my room mates side kick. I'm going to be absent for some time, but I'll try to get everyone's answers soon enough(probably going to buy a Wii lan adaptor).

I would like to thank the smashers that answered previous questions during my abscense.

Thanks everyone, I'll be back soon. Happy Holidays. ; )

Syzygy

Smash Apprentice
Alright, looks like the rest of us can reply to questions!

VERY IMPORTANT!!!

1) Can you move/walk while holding out your sheild? (Down Special)
Also, can you angle it upwards/downwards for better sheilding?

2) You can jump out of your glide right? Thus using it again and again and again.
Could be used to easily change gliding direction.

3) How fast is gliding anyway? Is it the speed of your dash?

4) Lastly, do you see any offensive uses for gliding? I could name a few.
1. Nope and nope, unfortunately.
2. Uh, I'm pretty sure it kills your jumps, but I might be wrong. Either way, I know that you can only glide once before you hit the ground, so no infinite glides.
3. Can't tell you exactly, but it's slower than the dash. If someone could find a video...
4. Well, you can only do one attack right out of a glide. If it could be Jump Cancelled, then maybe. And who knows, maybe your 'glide-attack' will be good' But I can't exactly see it making a good approach tactic.

Can Pit cancel out of his Mirror Shield faster than he can cancel out of his shield?
Not quite sure what you mean by this... the shield can be canceled pretty much instantly, and it CAN be Jump Canceled instantly. Putting away the mirror shield does have some lag (more than the bubble shield), but I'm not sure if it can be JC'd. If' you're talking about shieldhitstun, you may just have to wait for the game if you want to count frames that much.
Does Pit's Usmash hit enemies next to you, or only above?
It has some sideways hitboxes, pretty much just like Link's. But obviously you're probably better off with the Fsmash or Dsmash.

iron blade

Smash Ace
I saw this in a different thread, and it would be amazing if this was right. Is it true that you can jump out of free-fall animation in Brawl?

Top Bottom