• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pit Questions Thread

Does Pit's down B block MetaKnight's side B? His side B had crazy priority and ripped through shields, but I never saw or used it against a pit using Down B. If so, it sounds like pit would be a good MK counter, just considering I have been trying to find a way to get past a MK using Side B and haven't really found any.
I actually have no idea. No one actually used MetaKnights down B alot, so I can draw to any conclusion here. But I know that MetaKnight's down B has the best priority when airborne.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Pit pulls out a green shield. He holds it in front of him. It only protects him from the front but it reflects most attacks and doesn't break. Read some of the pages from this topic.

RikyuXz

Smash Cadet
Why don't you go read gimpyfish's thread? also reading eternal pheonix Fire's replies are helpful too...
I did read gimpy's thread- i just want to hear eternal pheonix fire's opinion..

edit: you sure there wont be similarities? i can spot alot from observation and gimpy has also found a few. but of course i agree with you on the note that pit is going to be way better but young link doesn't necessarily suck if used in the right way- (jash)

I did read gimpy's thread- i just want to hear eternal pheonix fire's opinion..

edit: you sure there wont be similarities? i can spot alot from observation and gimpy has also found a few. but of course i agree with you on the note that pit is going to be way better but young link doesn't necessarily suck if used in the right way- (jash)
Pit's play style is something that can't be compared as easily as one might think. At first glance, he plays like an ordinary sword character, but his play style evolves beyond that due to his multiple jumps, crazy projectiles and smooth aerials. His tilts are also pretty amazing too (I love his U-tilt). Pit is a character I really can't make a comparison with, he's that awsome.;)

Topaz989

Smash Cadet
Pit's play style is something that can't be compared as easily as one might think. At first glance, he plays like an ordinary sword character, but his play style evolves beyond that due to his multiple jumps, crazy projectiles and smooth aerials. His tilts are also pretty amazing too (I love his U-tilt). Pit is a character I really can't make a comparison with, he's that awsome.;)
Pit is so awesome that you replaced him with Squall Leonhart :p.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Do Pits Arrows cause the opponent to flinch? Can they be fired rapidly like Fox's Blaster?

RikyuXz

Smash Cadet
hehe, sounds pretty sweet, but i hope he isn't top tier.. i know, i know i may sound like a whiney five year old but i usually like being unique- its just part of what i do, but right now.. im focusing on pit's awesomeness. lol btw, what are his moves? like, i know all his b moves, but how about his a moves? i know his smashes are similat to young link's, but what about his tilts and aerials?

hehe, sounds pretty sweet, but i hope he isn't top tier.. i know, i know i may sound like a whiney five year old but i usually like being unique- its just part of what i do, but right now.. im focusing on pit's awesomeness. lol btw, what are his moves? like, i know all his b moves, but how about his a moves? i know his smashes are similat to young link's, but what about his tilts and aerials?

Ground moves:

Standard A-A-A combo. swings his blades forward end ends with an upper swing. He can go into a rapid hit by pressing or holding A. The rapid attack is the one seen in the 2007 Nintendo World Trailer.

F-tilt- Pit crosses his arms forward to slash

D-tilt- A swipe, nothing special

U-tilt- Pit vaults himself on his Bow and kicks up

Aerials:

Neutral Air: Pit spins his blades in a circular verticle fasion.

Forward Air: Pit does a clean, quick horizontal swipe at the opponent

Up Air: Pit spins his blades above his head like a helicopter

Back Air: Pit thrust his blades between his ebows backwards. It has a times sweet spot for more damage and knock back.

Down Air: Pit swipes his bow down quickly

Here is my first match playing as Pit aginst Gimpyfish. I used most of his aerials.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mo64aIfCFxU

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Here's an offical Pit question; who won that battle?

RikyuXz

Smash Cadet
Ground moves:

Standard A-A-A combo. swings his blades forward end ends with an upper swing. He can go into a rapid hit by pressing or holding A. The rapid attack is the one seen in the 2007 Nintendo World Trailer.

F-tilt- Pit crosses his arms forward to slash

D-tilt- A swipe, nothing special

U-tilt- Pit volts himself on his Bow and kicks up

Aerials:

Neutral Air: Pit spins his blades in a circular verticle fasion.

Forward Air: Pit does a clean, quick horizontal swipe at the opponent

Up Air: Pit spins his blades above his head like a helicopter

Back Air: Pit thrust his blades between his ebows backwards. It has a times sweet spot for more damage and knock back.

Down Air: Pit swipes his bow down quickly

Here is my first match playing as Pit aginst Gimpyfish. I used most of his aerials.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mo64aIfCFxU
Thanks alot for that. but i had no clue what you were talking about when you explained the u-tilt... o_o (volts himself on his bow...?)

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
What do you think of Pit's special moves? His neutral and up B seem to have alot of potential but what do you think of the down and side specials?

What do you think of Pit's special moves? His neutral and up B seem to have alot of potential but what do you think of the down and side specials?
I'm very uncertain about his Down B in general as it's simply a secondary shield, his Forward B could have alot of potential against projectile users. Imagine if this move was in Melee, it would be a Falco counter.

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
Imagine if this move was in Melee, it would be a Falco counter.
thats actually the first thing i thought about when i heard that it reflected projectiles :).
it would destroy falco.

which aerials does pit have that are just quick strikes, if any, that he can use for aerial pokes and ending the upB?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Would you say Pit is a combo-heavy character or a hit-and-run character?

Can you explain the "knockback" of his throws?

Would you say Pit is a combo-heavy character or a hit-and-run character?

Can you explain the "knockback" of his throws?

Pit is a character about moderation. You can;t just expext to use his moves in any situation. Pit isn't necessarily a "Hit-and-Run", but more of a percision based character which has advantages/disadvantages based on positioning. For example: If you knocked your opponent above you and he landed on a Platform and teched the land your best option would be to do a Short Hop Uair because of it's wide horizontal hit boxes. If the opponent didn't tech the the land, you would best do a U-smash. Since this move is a multi hitting attack and covers more verticle distance than horizontal it would be a perfect launcher. Each of Pit's moves can be used effectively in certain situations.

Pit's throws.

-Back Throw = Diagonal upwards

-Forward Throw= Diagonal Upwards, slightly horizontal

-Up Throw = Verticle

-Down Throw= Sheik like, except it goes higher.

thats actually the first thing i thought about when i heard that it reflected projectiles :).
it would destroy falco.

which aerials does pit have that are just quick strikes, if any, that he can use for aerial pokes and ending the upB?
His fastest aerials are his Uair and Nair, his moderately fast strong aerials are his Fair, Bair, and Dair. His killing aerials are Bair (Timed sweet spot like the Knee), the Fair can be used at higher percentages, it's a poke at lower or moderate percentages. All of Pit's aerials can cancel his Up B, but it needs to be done early in the animation.

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering if Pit's down-air was a spike, meteor smash, or whatever?
When you use his up-B right on an opponent does it cause them damage?

I was wondering if Pit's down-air was a spike, meteor smash, or whatever?
When you use his up-B right on an opponent does it cause them damage?
Pit's Dair actually knocks the opponent at an upwards angle instead of a spike.

Pit's Up B doesn't inflict any damage. It's for pure recovery.

Do you happen to know Pit's throw animations?
F-throw- Grips opponent with one hand and slices the enemy

U-throw- Jumps on his hands and kicks the opponent up with his legs.

B-throw- Takes the enemy by one hand and flings them backwards.

D-throw- Throws opponent down, stomps down and slashes with one hand.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
what do you mean by, "cancel out his up-b"? As a reference, give an example of this occuring in Melee, please.

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
what do you mean by, "cancel out his up-b"? As a reference, give an example of this occuring in Melee, please.
By using an air attack while you are in the upB the flight will be "canceled" and pit will not go into the falling animation. In melee after a character air dodges, they fall helplessly until they hit the ground.

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
If you had to pick a character to be the best who would it be?( Not your favorites just from who you played. )

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Does Pit have that one throw that can send foes flying really far even at medium percentages (like Mario's swing-around B throw?)

Does Pit have that one throw that can send foes flying really far even at medium percentages (like Mario's swing-around B throw?)
His back throw can go pretty far, but his throws in general don't gain alot of distance.

What all can Pit do while gliding?
He can......Glide? He can attack out of his glide as well. The glide attack counts as a designated aerial attack. A "Glide-A" if you will.

Top Bottom