• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pit Questions Thread

iron blade

Smash Ace
it looks like using his shield instead of side b is mostly situational. basically, don't use either move stupidly.

Purgatory

Smash Rookie
Wow, alot of my questions has ben answered here, thanks. Now i can finaly make a good decision on who to main as my primary character between Pit of MK.... im going with Pit.

Also, can you compare Pit's Dashing and attacking speed to other characters from Melee so i can get a feel of Pit's speed. I have a knack ffor using really quick characters.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
do you have a link of Pit executing his down-b? If so, thx. And, does Pit separate his bow to two blades by default (like that's how the specific attack just is), or can you manually separate and unite the bow?

iron blade

Smash Ace
do you have a link of Pit executing his down-b? If so, thx. And, does Pit separate his bow to two blades by default (like that's how the specific attack just is), or can you manually separate and unite the bow?
pit's bow automatically separates and unites depending on what attack you use

Pkm_trainer09

Smash Apprentice
what button id the attack at the end of the Nintendo eorld 2006 movie? Where he spins the bow around and around, up and down, but just stands there?

what button id the attack at the end of the Nintendo eorld 2006 movie? Where he spins the bow around and around, up and down, but just stands there?
That was his Rapid A attack.

Wow, alot of my questions has ben answered here, thanks. Now i can finaly make a good decision on who to main as my primary character between Pit of MK.... im going with Pit.

Also, can you compare Pit's Dashing and attacking speed to other characters from Melee so i can get a feel of Pit's speed. I have a knack ffor using really quick characters.
Pit's attack speed and dashing are actually pretty good. He moves about as fast as an average character (Take Mario for instance). His attack speed is pretty good actually, even though some of his tilts are slow, he has fast smashes. His fastest aerials are his Nair, Dair and Uair. His Fair and Dair have good knockback. Pit is relatively quick, and a well balanced character.

that's awesome that you can tilt his bow, and yes, his arrows make you flinch.

what is pit's dash attack?
It's just a quick swipe that is angled low to the ground.

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
ive been thinking of maining pit lately..(since im such jesus freak :) )

so i wanted to know if pit was an overral balanced character.

like, from 1/10

how adaptable are his attacks?

(basically, is there a steep learning curve..?)

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman

like, from 1/10

probably like 7/10 on being a balanced character.i suppose its how you would define balanced. imo, pit seems like hes going to be pretty **** hard to master.however, i think it will be very well worth it.

what are pit's taunts?
Check through the thread. I think I posted those a while ago.

like, from 1/10

I think i'll give him an 8 as far as balance in concerened.

His attacks are very good actually. And I believe that everyone in Brawl will have a steep learning curve because of the mechanics change.

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Can someone who actually went to E-4 please give a complete summary of crawling? Can Pit crawl? What can you do by crawling? Is there anything special about crawling? Etc...

iron blade

Smash Ace
this question has been asked many times, so i better make it clear.

pit's weapon separates and unites automatically depending on what attack you use.

Can someone who actually went to E-4 please give a complete summary of crawling? Can Pit crawl? What can you do by crawling? Is there anything special about crawling? Etc...
I can't give you a complete summary on crawling, nor can anyone else due to the lack of use at E For All. Not to mention this is a thread about Pit; the crawl works the same way for every character.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
i'll ask another equivalent question: How is Pit compared to Marth in SSBM? Same specifics and more (if possible) that AzureKiteSky requested anout the comparison w/ Fox...

his fsmash, fair, and bair.
His D-smash also works well.

This might be wierdly specific, but how would you say Pit compares to Fox in SSBM in terms of stats? (weight, speed, lag. etc.)
i'll ask another equivalent question: How is Pit compared to Marth in SSBM? Same specifics and more (if possible) that AzureKiteSky requested anout the comparison w/ Fox...
Since the physics of the game have changed greatly, it's hard to determin stat classifications. Brawl isn't like melee in terms of game play, so these characters can never be compaired.

RikyuXz.~

Smash Apprentice
Hey phoenix, I've got a few questions.

How long can Pit fly? (how long does the up+b last for?)

How powerful is Pit's Dair atk?

And lastly, does the mirror shild just break the opponents atk when they hit it..(kinda like the clink when two atks collide and they cancel eachother out) or does it act like a second shield (R and L shield)

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
does Pit have any good edgeguarding moves? is he a good edgeguarder?
thanks
hell yah pit is going to be an amazing edgeguarer.with his spamming and amazing jump he'll knock em' off, range em',and than drop, hit, and jump back up.

Hey phoenix, I've got a few questions.

How long can Pit fly? (how long does the up+b last for?)

How powerful is Pit's Dair atk?

And lastly, does the mirror shild just break the opponents atk when they hit it..(kinda like the clink when two atks collide and they cancel eachother out) or does it act like a second shield (R and L shield)
His Up+B last for a good while. Also, repeatedly hitting B while you are in his Up+B will cause you to ascend higher and faster.

Pit's dair is fairly strong. The move is has a timed sweet spot for killing the enemy . It comes ouf pretty fast, but has a good deal of ending lag.

It's a secondary shield.

does Pit have any good edgeguarding moves? is he a good edgeguarder?
thanks
It's hard to determin that right now, but from what i've seen, hw won't be a great edge gaurder because of his jumping abilities. His attacks have very long attack duration, and could potentially make Pit drop like a rock. We'll see though.

hell yah pit is going to be an amazing edgeguarer.with his spamming and amazing jump he'll knock em' off, range em',and than drop, hit, and jump back up.

That stuff is WAAAAAY harder than it sounds. Believe me.

iron blade

Smash Ace
when pit uses the mirror shield and blocks attacks, does he get pushed back like L and R or does he remain stationary?

also, when the attack hits the mirror shield, is it simply canceled or does the shield actually reflect/counter attacks?

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
when you tap the b button when you're using the up-b move, does that shorten the duration time of the move because you are ascending faster?

when you tap the b button when you're using the up-b move, does that shorten the duration time of the move because you are ascending faster?
One more question phoenix,

Does pit have any spiking moves that you know of?
when pit uses the mirror shield and blocks attacks, does he get pushed back like L and R or does he remain stationary?

also, when the attack hits the mirror shield, is it simply canceled or does the shield actually reflect/counter attacks?
1st quote .No. there is a set amount of time where you can fly freely.us Button pressing does not affect the duration of the move.

2nd quote. None

3rd quote. It acts as a shield, and it reflects projectiles.

Another thing guys, i'm typing this on my Wii because my computer craped out on me, so I can't give extended answers to your questions for a while.us I'll still do my best to answer your questions, though. Thanks everyone.us ; )

iron blade

Smash Ace
does tapping the button add a significant distance to his up b? do you think you could fly underneath and around to the other side of the battlefield?

this thread should get stickied...it's very helpful...

does tapping the button add a significant distance to his up b? do you think you could fly underneath and around to the other side of the battlefield?

this thread should get stickied...it's very helpful...
Tapping the button causes Pit to flap his wings faster and gain verticle climb during the animation. Yea, it is possible to go under Battlefield with Pit's Up+b.

I also second that notion, it would be great if this was sticked.

Edit: I was lucky enough to find a USB coverter for my Keyboad, so I can type faster on my Wii now. ; )

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
I appreciate what you are doing for the Smash Community and Pit lovers all around.

Thank You!

P.S.
I am currently trying to remember a question I was going to ask you.

Hexx-kun

Smash Rookie
Hi there this is like my 3rd or sumit post and i don`t wanna get flamed i know i have bad grammar ......ok then my question is no.1 do you press an up/down/left/right button after you have fired an arrow to angle it
no.2 how long can pit glide for after his double jump
no.3 do you think he will be high tier
no.4 witch stage do you think will be best for flying characters

Top Bottom