• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pit Questions Thread

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
I really haven't been able to tell from videos since of the quality, but what is Pit's main KO move/moves.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
What attacks can you use while using Wings of Peagasus that won't cancel your flight?

I got my answer (ironically, you answered it already in another thead). I'll think of something else.

I really haven't been able to tell from videos since of the quality, but what is Pit's main KO move/moves.
His Fair and F-smash. His Bair can be used as a kill move, but is has a timed sweet spot like Falcon's Knee. The D-smash covers some good Horizontal distance as well.

What attacks can you use while using Wings of Peagasus that won't cancel your flight?

I got my answer (ironically, you answered it already in another thead). I'll think of something else.
You can't attack during it, but during E For All, there was a method of canceling it over a brief duration of time. I couldn't figure it out though, as no one else could either. It was first used by DSF.

HeltXL

Smash Apprentice
In Pit's Usmash, he did a tiny hop before actually attacking, which looks like major lag to me. Do you think it will be any useful in combos, or is it just too laggy?

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
How many jumps Does pit have?
and can he fire aarows inbetween jumps?
Can he still gain hight while doing this?

Even though it cancils his Up can he preform all of his airials and B move to cancil the Up B?

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Do you have any images of pit's alt costumes, I've been dying to see them (I already know what the colours are, but I was wondering if you have images, or know where the vids are)

In Pit's Usmash, he did a tiny hop before actually attacking, which looks like major lag to me. Do you think it will be any useful in combos, or is it just too laggy?
Yeah, he does. But the attack comes out quick, and has a minimal amount of ending lag. If used correctly, it can combo, but don't expect to follow your opponents DI in the air unless the opponent is at a low percentage.

How many jumps Does pit have?
and can he fire aarows inbetween jumps?
Can he still gain hight while doing this?

Even though it cancils his Up can he preform all of his airials and B move to cancil the Up B?
4 Jumps
Yes he can
No. The lag on the arrows allows him to stay more "idle" in the air in between jumps though.

He can't cancel the Up B with aerials from what I seen. but there is a method, no one knows how to do it constantly yet though. Sorry.

Do you have any images of pit's alt costumes, I've been dying to see them (I already know what the colours are, but I was wondering if you have images, or know where the vids are)
I don't have any images. But from what I remember, he Has:

Black (Favorite one so far)
Red Scarf + White
Green + Red + White
Blue + White
Yellow

:)

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
If you cant attack out of Pits up B that would make his recovery completely useless because he couldnt use any attacks until he landed safely on the stage. Id say its more likely that a character hits him off again before he makes a recovery.

What am I missing here?

Zeela12

Smash Ace
If you cant attack out of Pits up B that would make his recovery completely useless because he couldnt use any attacks until he landed safely on the stage. Id say its more likely that a character hits him off again before he makes a recovery.

What am I missing here?
I guess it's still better than Ike's up B by far, from the looks of it, Pit is hard to kill since he's got so many jumps, gliding, and a up B like that lol...

wall of pain + upB, Pit can constantly attack then upB back to stage easily from anywhere, I guess that's the advantage.

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
Is Pit a really light character as people expected?
Hows his speed fast/slow/average?

Is Pit a really light character as people expected?
Hows his speed fast/slow/average?

Pit is on the borderline of a light weight and a medium weight character

Attack wise, Pit has average Speed. Some of his moves come out very fast though:

Fast Attacks

*Moves in Bold have good Knockback, moves in Italic are multi hit damaging moves. Non altered moves have no special value*

-Neutral Air
-Forward Air
-Up Air
-Up Smash
-Down Smash
-Down Air
-Up Tilt

Average Attacks

-Forward Tilt
-Back Air (Timed Sweet spot for kills)
-Down Tilt
-Forward Smash

Character wise. Pit is pretty fast, who has more air mobility than MetaKnight, even though with less jumps.\

Also, apparently, there is a way to cancel Pit's Up B, but it can only be done early in the animation.

What are his down and side specials and are they any good?
Down B is Mirror Shield. It is able to reflect projectiles from what I have seen. It can also act as a second shield. His Side B is when he spins his lades in a circular motion like a windmill. It inflicts a goos amount of damage and it can be held. It also reflects projectiles. I personally like his side special alot, it can reflect projectles and inflict damage.

In the demo how did he compare to metaknight? What are your thoughts on Pit vs. Metaknight?
I honestly didn't see many of these Match ups in the demo, but when you boil it down, Pit and MetaKnight are great in their fields, but there are some circumstances that make allow MetaKnight to have some advantages, but not significant ones.

One of the most obvious things when it comes to character match ups is their speed, ability to inflict damage, and the ability to kill. MetaKnight exceeds in the speed field and damage field enough to make killing irrelavant (Even though he lacks alot in this field), but Pit is balanced in the damage and killing field. Characters that tend to be balanced aren't abnormaly strong in every field, which is his only weakness; moderation.

MetaKnight does have alot of advantages over Pit, but it's a weakness that should be taken into consideration. It may be possible to see Pit as a counter pick against him though.

Legendary Angel

Smash Apprentice
Are his 'Light Arrows' chargeable? Because if they move fast as light or something like that, I don't see a reason for holding it down.

Are his 'Light Arrows' chargeable? Because if they move fast as light or something like that, I don't see a reason for holding it down.
They aren't necessarily "chargeable" but they can be held down for as lons as you want, even though it won't change their speed.

what are his taunts?
1. He spins his blades in his hands and holds them up

2. He takes his two blades and slashes with them and strikes a pose.

3. He puts out his wings and strikes a pose.

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
Are the arrows good to spam? I heard that from someone. And it's always good to have something to spam when you wanna annoy your opponents so that they start crazily attacking you XD (this is where Young Link's milk used to come in; although that didn't really harm anyone, it pissed my friends off so much, which was hilarious)

Are the arrows good to spam? I heard that from someone. And it's always good to have something to spam when you wanna annoy your opponents so that they start crazily attacking you XD (this is where Young Link's milk used to come in; although that didn't really harm anyone, it pissed my friends off so much, which was hilarious)
They are good to spam under certain situations, mostly when your opponent is a distance or above you. The projectile curviture is decent, even though they are pretty fast and hard to control. As of now they are very good projectiles, over time when we are able to control them they will be better (With the curviture and all). :)

pud22

Smash Apprentice
hows his speed. its hard to tell from the vids if hes quick at all. and do u kno how some people shot his arrow directly vertical.

hows his speed. its hard to tell from the vids if hes quick at all. and do u kno how some people shot his arrow directly vertical.
Pit is a generally fast charater. Not extremely fast, but fast enough to defend himself. You can shoot his Arrows strait up by holding up on the Joystick and releasing it. You can also curve them left and right.

what are his victory poses and can he do anything when he's gliding?
1. He spins his blades in his hands and strikes a pose.

2. He crouches down and then holds his Bow up in the air, he then says "Princess Paluntea, Victory is ours!!"

3. He holds his twin blades while crouching on the ground. He says something, but I couldn't make it out.

What are his throws like?
His throws are more on the powerful side so they can gain some good leverage when it comes to knockback. they have some kill potential at higher percentages.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Can Pit fire arrows straight down (obviously while in the air, I mean jumping or falling, not flying)

Zeela12

Smash Ace
The only one I have heard so far is the one is the same kid icarus theme. But it was so loud that I had to get close to the television just to hear it breifly.
I heard from some one that the Skyworld or the Overworld theme is in it, I heard it from one of the videos too on youtube, but I couldn't make out which one, but it definitely wasn't the underworld theme released on dojo...

I wonder what nintendo is cooking up.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Can Pit's Mirror Shield protect against Final Smashes? I asked at Gimpyfish's topic, but becuase of my low post count, my questions get shafted for those with higher post counts.

Can Pit's Mirror Shield protect against Final Smashes? I asked at Gimpyfish's topic, but becuase of my low post count, my questions get shafted for those with higher post counts.
Nope.

Finsl Smashes can be avoided, but none of them can be blocked. I remember someone saying that Pit's Final Smash can be blocked, but I doubt it. I know it can be evaded through.

RMR

Smash Apprentice
In your opinion,
-What Characther would be a good counter for Pit ?
-Who would be his best Tag-team partner ?
-Is Pit >B useful ? Does it have combing ability or its something for Knockback ?
-Does Black Winged looks cool or too much 'Evanescence' ? (Jk, but answer if you want)

EDIT: Are Kid Icarus Games fun ?

In your opinion,
-What Characther would be a good counter for Pit ?
-Who would be his best Tag-team partner ?
-Is Pit >B useful ? Does it have combing ability or its something for Knockback ?
-Does Black Winged looks cool or too much 'Evanescence' ? (Jk, but answer if you want)

EDIT: Are Kid Icarus Games fun ?
-Probably MetaKnight
-I can't tell from this point.
-It's a good move for racking up damage. It can also reflect projectiles and can be held, but don't use it too often because of the ending lag.
-Yes, god yes he does look awsome.
-Kid Icarus for the NES was fun but very difficult. I would reccomend it.:)

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
Does Pit's down B block MetaKnight's side B? His side B had crazy priority and ripped through shields, but I never saw or used it against a pit using Down B. If so, it sounds like pit would be a good MK counter, just considering I have been trying to find a way to get past a MK using Side B and haven't really found any.

Top Bottom