• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pit Questions Thread

Is Pit a good counter for Marth and Fox?
Also, can Pit's shield reflect Thrown Pikmin?
Unfortunately, that can't be established right now. Character counter picks can't even be estimated at this point.

I actually don't know if it can reflect Pikmin, because I have yet to play against an Olimar. But I do know it can act like Mario's cape and turn the opponent around.

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
Pit's English Voice

Curious after I saw a thread in GameFaqs, but anyone know Pit's english voice sound? I keep hearing it's much mature. Mature as in teen or mature as in it just doesn't fit his character model?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
could you please answer a question for me that you have answered for somebody else already? preferably a question thats been asked upwards of 10 times.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
OMG its gimpy. Anyway EPF do you know what Pit says during his taunts and victory poses. For Example do you know what "Soda!" means?

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
yes, tell me all about his taunts

Is this kind of strange joke between you and Phoenix, or do you really want a detailed description of his taunts? I can try to give them to you if you would like. but if it's just a little game with you and Phoenix, I'd rather not take the time.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
OMG its gimpy. Anyway EPF do you know what Pit says during his taunts and victory poses. For Example do you know what "Soda!" means?
Alright, I am insanely grasping at straws here, but I figured I might throw out what I've found.

...as to what Pit says, I'm not sure exactly, but to me it sounds like "So Da". If that's right, it basically..."is that so?" or " I see" (less formal version of sodesuka, I believe).

...or it could mean "So it is". Japanese also has no future tense, so it could also be "So it will be" as in "I always win".

,basically, that's the best I can try to answer the question for you. personally I don;t think that soudns like a Pit kind of taunt as he's suppose to be more kind-hearted/child-like then that, but I guess we'll find out.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
So = "Yes" or basically any "affirmative" word

Da = informal of "desu" which is verb of "to be"

so it could be "YES!" or "That's Right!" or something along those lines.

Interpret it at your will.

Alternatively if he says "GA" instead of "DA" in reality, "GA" is just a subject particle.

In any sense he's saying "YES!" in one way or another.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
Mirror Shield

Also, can Pit's shield reflect Thrown Pikmin?
Yes it can. If you throw out your shield, the Pikmin will bounce off of it and then attach to Olimar and start doing damage to him. He can however, simply blow his whistle and the Pikmin will jump off of him and return.

...Oh and interestingly enough, (I saw this yesterday) If you are Zero Suit Samus, and you Forward+B while Pit is holding his shield, it will reflect the attack, send it through ZSS and hit anyone who is behind her within the range of the attack. So in this case it acts like a cape, similar to how it can be used to deflect the space animal's saves and others off the edge so that they cant grab on.

Desu.

Smash Cadet
I'm unsure whether you've answered this or not, but:

1. Do you feel , personally, that Pit is a Pick up and play character (not much to use, and cheap) ? I certainly hope not, because I'm hearing conflicting views about him, and I don't want to main someone who takes no effort to be wonderful with.

2. Do you feel he will take a decent amount of time to master, and actually be good with?

3. As a whole, would would you consider the pick up and plays?

Darksol55

Smash Cadet
also, do you think Pit will become worse once people get used to gimping his recovery?

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
...Oh and interestingly enough, (I saw this yesterday) If you are Zero Suit Samus, and you Forward+B while Pit is holding his shield, it will reflect the attack, send it through ZSS and hit anyone who is behind her within the range of the attack. So in this case it acts like a cape, similar to how it can be used to deflect the space animal's saves and others off the edge so that they cant grab on.
For some reason, when I shield Zero suit Samus's Side B, I deflect the first part of the attack when she throws the wire out but I get hit by the sweetspot in the second half of the attack because it goes right through my shield....

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yeah. But he knows how to hit the player and not get hit, which is what I respect the most. Mastery of the basics of combat, and the rest is simply an aesthetic.
I guess it doesnt matter how many times we agree with you and have said basics over ATs, you wont listen. And btw, You respect Sagemoon's playing yet he uses "useless" ATs, so do you just respect the basics part about him and not the part where he uses ATs?

I guess it doesnt matter how many times we agree with you and have said basics over ATs, you wont listen. And btw, You respect Sagemoon's playing yet he uses "useless" ATs, so do you just respect the basics part about him and not the part where he uses ATs?
I'm not talking about what he uses, but rather his methods of approach. He generally knows how to respond to each situation ans as some pretty good mindgames. There may have been a few times where he did some unnecessary things (Not sporadically), but he gets the job done.

IN my opinion, he plays fine without having to apply the wingdash etc., and the timed he did use them they really weren't that significant. One of the things I was particularly i'm impressed by was him using the shield to turn Marth's UP+B around., which is a great example of something practical because all Marth's usually aim to sweet spot the edge.

Sagemoon may use them occasionally, but his playing in general is smart, and puts more emphasis on "Hit the enemy and don't get hit" philosophy.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Flipping recoveries around is really obvious. Of course you wouldnt use wingdashing there or arrow looping or whatever.

Maybe there is a reason for his success. Maybe wingdashing helps his spacing to enable him to pull of the amazing things he does. Idk, Im not him so I cant answer for him.

But whatever the reason, vids dont do justice (at least not in brawl) and its easy to look back on a match and say what things so and so did wrong. Maybe he felt the AT was the right thing and got punished for it. You cant blame the AT because everyone makes mistakes. But one the flip side, if he were to make a mistake for using the wrong Basics (approach move or something basics related) it falls under the same boat as using the AT at the wrong time. You wouldnt blame the basics move for him getting punished.

Top Bottom