• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pit Questions Thread

Darksol55

Smash Cadet
Did Pit say anything in his Taunt like the new japanese commercial showed? It sounded like he said "SODA!", and his side b cry sounded sorta weird to me too? Can anyone who was at the expo answer?

Did Pit say anything in his Taunt like the new japanese commercial showed? It sounded like he said "SODA!", and his side b cry sounded sorta weird to me too? Can anyone who was at the expo answer?
I really can't tell. I will be taking Japanese lessons soon, but other than that, I can say that his Side B cry was present at E For All.

Darksol55

Smash Cadet
really? cuz that sounded like aiaiaiaiai ! i could be mistaken but that's not what i heard from the vids from E for All.

TheMirrorTwin

Smash Cadet
Does pit's side B have a specific rotation (clockwise or counterclockwise)?
If so, can you control its rotation?
If so, does it change how projectiles reflect or knock back?

Can you think of any Pit strategies that would be useful?
The determinability of that as of now is null, but I can give you a breif outline.

Whenever you play as Pit, make sure that the opponent is never below you, as Pit's exposure below is very noticable, and he can't do much when approaching from a drop (except for his Nair) Kepping the opponent in front / above you is where he is best. In front, you have a good Side B, nice standard A attacks, and a good F-smash. His Short Hop Fair and Nair are also good for approaches. You can also projectile camp when needed. Pit really shines when the opponent is above him, since all of his tilts besides his U-tilt are strong.
His U-air has great range range and Priority and is grea for if te opponent techs on a platform. His U-smash can go through platforms. Pit is a character that ealy playes well based on his ability to move around the stage and use it to his advantage.

This is all I can realy say on the matter, but I may make a Guide when I finally get the game(and when my Computer gets fixed).

Helicore

Smash Rookie
Around how long does pits side B last for assuming you don't keep holding down B.

From watching videos it seems to leave you open for a while if you fail to hit with it.

Around how long does pits side B last for assuming you don't keep holding down B.

From watching videos it seems to leave you open for a while if you fail to hit with it.
It does have significant ending lag. I would advise letting the attack go quickly if you miss.
How does pit's Nair work? it seems to have good knockback but low priority.
It's a good muli hit attack witha hit box that goes around most of Pit's body. It has decent knock( not enough to KO with though) back when it's initiated, but it's a multi hit after words.

Darksol55

Smash Cadet
I saw in the Meta Knight forums that you said Meta-Knight would be high middle tier. Where do you think Pit would be? sry about tier question tw

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Just to confirm, not sure I understand. Pit CAN use aerials during Wings of Icarus and not cancel right? I'm hoping he can do some defend himself with aerials while flying about. Also, can he use his arrows or Angel Ring in Up B, or will that cancel it?

Thank you EPF. It's nice to have someone who played as Pit to answer our burning questions! I appreciate it greatly!

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
Just to confirm, not sure I understand. Pit CAN use aerials during Wings of Icarus and not cancel right? I'm hoping he can do some defend himself with aerials while flying about. Also, can he use his arrows or Angel Ring in Up B, or will that cancel it?

Thank you EPF. It's nice to have someone who played as Pit to answer our burning questions! I appreciate it greatly!
If an attack is used to Pit's upB it is canceled.

Using aerials cancels out the attack, confirming this now.
How is Pit's dash dance?
It's not that bad, but not amazing. Think Meta Knight's Dash Dash in distance.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Eternal phoenix Fire said:
Using aerials cancels out the attack, confirming this now.
But only early right after using Up B, right? I'd hate to be flying my way back and not be able to defend myself from people coming out to meet me without cancelling my flight.

iron blade

Smash Ace
^^^You can attack any time during it from the videos I've seen.

Can you fire arrows during Wings of Icarius and if so, do they cancel it?

EDIT- Duh, I just realized, tapping B makes you fly faster, so it's impossible to fire arrows.

iron blade

Smash Ace
I doubt you got to try this, but could Pit reflect Samus's zero laser or would it override the mirror shield?

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
i got a question you prolly dont know but how many arrows can pit fire in say a min or just like a rate of fire? also can you name the chars that are faster then pit.

Darksol55

Smash Cadet
I have 2 questions. First, do you have the japanese version of Brawl. and second i saw on one thread you said Meta-Knight wasn't even close to top tier, and you said Pit would be below him. But on another you said they were 2 of the characters that would "dominate brawl" could you clarify? thx

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I have 2 questions. First, do you have the japanese version of Brawl. and second i saw on one thread you said Meta-Knight wasn't even close to top tier, and you said Pit would be below him. But on another you said they were 2 of the characters that would "dominate brawl" could you clarify? thx
Since the game is just out, these things change very fast, when melee was just out, the japanese where saying Roy was top tier, so take it with a grain of salt I guess :p

First of all, no, I don't have the Japanese version of Brawl. Too much money, and not worth the time, and i'm short on money. Secondly, I did say that, but under the impression that the L-Cancel didn't exist in Brawl. If there isn't a lag cancel for Brawl, fast characters with Low lag aerial attacks will dominate. And Peach...Wow, she's looking way too good right now.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
most of pits aerials get auto cancelled if u short hop, do them fast enough and then land, for example with pits nair, you can sh nair quickly then even fast fall it and land with no lag at all... i havent really read through much of the pit boards but i thought itd be useful to note if no one else has talked about it.

most of pits aerials get auto cancelled if u short hop, do them fast enough and then land, for example with pits nair, you can sh nair quickly then even fast fall it and land with no lag at all... i havent really read through much of the pit boards but i thought itd be useful to note if no one else has talked about it.
Ah, you have Brawl? Or have you simply played him?

Either one would be great for assistance, as I plan on doing extensive Pit studies in the future when it's released in the US.

Thanks for the tip.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
um ive got brawl and ive been playing alot of it and i know alot about pit's character specifics it seems compared to most and im happy to answer all the questions i can.

edit: i also just made a quick vid to show how good his aerials were cause they can all be auto cancelled, but i wont be able to upload it until my net is unshaped which will be like 4-5 days.

um ive got brawl and ive been playing alot of it and i know alot about pit's character specifics it seems compared to most and im happy to answer all the questions i can.

edit: i also just made a quick vid to show how good his aerials were cause they can all be auto cancelled, but i wont be able to upload it until my net is unshaped which will be like 4-5 days.
Thank you.

That would be greatly appreciated. =D

Muri

Smash Rookie
2 Questions:

1. Does it make any difference when you use the Side-B of Pit like a Smash-Attack like Samus with her Missiles / Super Missiles?
Maybe he will dash further forward, I don't know.

2. The D-Air attack, it seems the knockback is always towards the sky. Is this always like this?
Does it make a difference when you try to edge-guard? Does the enemy skill get knocked towards the sky?

-Greetings,
Muri.

whats better pits arrows or fox/falco blasters
Falco's lasershave more hitstun, but Pit's arrows have better utility than Falco's lasers due to the difficulty of the SHDL.

2 Questions:

1. Does it make any difference when you use the Side-B of Pit like a Smash-Attack like Samus with her Missiles / Super Missiles?
Maybe he will dash further forward, I don't know.

2. The D-Air attack, it seems the knockback is always towards the sky. Is this always like this?
Does it make a difference when you try to edge-guard? Does the enemy skill get knocked towards the sky?

-Greetings,
Muri.
1.You can't sub a smash attack with his Side -B move, if that's what you are implying. His Smash attack doesn't give him any forward momentum, but it's an effective kill move. His Side-B only has continous knock back.

2. Yes, the knockback will always be a a verticle angle, despite the opponents position. I would use either his Bair, fair, or an occasional Nair for edge gaurding.

hazard99

Smash Cadet
Ok, I've read through this a few days ago... and I've thought of a question that I don't remember being asked concerning Pits vB

I've read that Pits vB can reflect projectiles (and that they gain more speed), block physical attacks (like the bubble shield), and act as a counter when pulled out at the right time (like Marth's vB).

Is all this true?

Thanks for all this info Phoenix. :)

Muri

Smash Rookie
Falco's lasershave more hitstun, but Pit's arrows have better utility than Falco's lasers due to the difficulty of the SHDL.

1.You can't sub a smash attack with his Side -B move, if that's what you are implying. His Smash attack doesn't give him any forward momentum, but it's an effective kill move. His Side-B only has continous knock back.

2. Yes, the knockback will always be a a verticle angle, despite the opponents position. I would use either his Bair, fair, or an occasional Nair for edge gaurding.
thx and for 2., i mean does the Down-Air attack knock the enemy always down, or up?
It seems that it always knocks someone up, but never down.
Is that what everyone means with "it does not spike"?
Does spike mean it slams someone downwards?

Ok, I've read through this a few days ago... and I've thought of a question that I don't remember being asked concerning Pits vB

I've read that Pits vB can reflect projectiles (and that they gain more speed), block physical attacks (like the bubble shield), and act as a counter when pulled out at the right time (like Marth's vB).

Is all this true?

Thanks for all this info Phoenix. :)
Yes, it's true. The projectile reflection property allows said projectile to gain more speed when reflected. It can't be done very early though, so if you want to reflect it has to be done later after the shield is pulled out.

No problem.:)

thx and for 2., i mean does the Down-Air attack knock the enemy always down, or up?
It seems that it always knocks someone up, but never down.
Is that what everyone means with "it does not spike"?
Does spike mean it slams someone downwards?
Yeah, the Dair doesn't spike at all. The trajectory of the attack will always be upward. It's not bad if you're trying to knock the opponent into a vulnerable position.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman

please talk noob talk so i might understand =D

Top Bottom