• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pit Questions Thread

iron blade

Smash Ace
Gliding is different than free-fall. You can do stuff after gliding. After you do certain moves or your upB in the air, you go into free-fall and can't do anything, unless you can now jump out of it.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
That sucks, 4 damage is pretty pathetic compared to others(link,Fox) I don't care about setups, but his long range game better change.

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
Pits arrows are guaranteed to be one of the most versatile projectiles in Smash history, so i wouldn't be too caught up on their damage

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I wasnt at E4All but all I know is that NOBODY is unstoppable...

if you mean that jokingly then yes....Pit is Jesus....

To answer the question about the Nair, itls the attack where Pit spins his blades in a windmill like motion. The attack that causes Pit to swipe his blades in front of his is his Fair.

The Nair is shown near the end of my video vs Gimpyfish that was posted earlier in this thread.

Also, I'm kinda on at random, so try to hold out for your questions ok? Feel free to post them, though. ^_^

Syzygy

Smash Apprentice
You cannot, not like it'd be useful unless you were in the wavering on the edge position, and even so it'd be kinda worthless.

iron blade

Smash Ace
You could aim it downward in midair, otherwise it would be useless... 'Ow, my foot!'

Since I didn't get any answers... Can you jump out of free-fall animation in Brawl?

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly....
You could edge-guard on the edge of an level and keep your opponent from recovering.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Pit seems almost unstoppable. I really appreciate what you guys are doing for answering all these questions.

iron blade

Smash Ace
I just thought of this...can Pit move at all while using the mirror shield, and can he move the shield at all?

Can you jump out of free-fall animation in Brawl?

Baconater

Smash Cadet
It looks like Pit has one of the lesser final smashes. I was watching a gameplay video and a level 3 cpu took zero damage from it (easily dodged it). His final smash takes probably the longest to initiate, if you get hit it stops, and it's not even that great. I was thinking of maining Pit but that's quite a minus.

It looks like Pit has one of the lesser final smashes. I was watching a gameplay video and a level 3 cpu took zero damage from it (easily dodged it). His final smash takes probably the longest to initiate, if you get hit it stops, and it's not even that great. I was thinking of maining Pit but that's quite a minus.
Actually, Pit's Final Smash is one of the most poweful.A couple of hits from the attack and you will most likely be KO'd. it can be blocked, but t induces massive shield stun frun the hits. Also, once the attack is initiated, he can't be knocked ouf of it.(it's the same with all Final Smashes)

P.S. I'm back. =D

Darksol55

Smash Cadet
What is Pit saying?

When Pit is doing some of his moves such as his >B or his >smash what is he saying?

Darksol55

Smash Cadet
sry last question. Is Pit steered more towards competitive players like some magazines have said?

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
This question may be a tad confusing and misinformed but seeing as you can use certain attacks during his up b (which i know cancels flight), is it possible pit can be used for chasing down targets with 'icarus wing' aerials efficiently or does it not work as well as i think.. In simpler terms is flying and attacking a useful alternative for jumping then doing aerial attacks for the purpose of edge guarding and high altitude attacks? Hope that isn't too frustrating to understand.

This question may be a tad confusing and misinformed but seeing as you can use certain attacks during his up b (which i know cancels flight), is it possible pit can be used for chasing down targets with 'icarus wing' aerials efficiently or does it not work as well as i think.. In simpler terms is flying and attacking a useful alternative for jumping then doing aerial attacks for the purpose of edge guarding and high altitude attacks? Hope that isn't too frustrating to understand.
It's not confusing, i'm quiet fond of the tournament scene, and also an active participant. From experience, the move can only be cancelled early in the moves animation, and once it is cancelled, it can't be done again until you touch the ground( Like Gliding). Using it as an edge gaurd tool is fairly dangerous, but chasing an enemy above the stage could be beneficial(Even though you could just jump). I personally think Pit will be great to edge gaurd with, since it's more important in this game to the auto Sweet Spot mechanics.

=D

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
It's not confusing, i'm quiet fond of the tournament scene, and also an active participant. From experience, the move can only be cancelled early in the moves animation, and once it is cancelled, it can't be done again until you touch the ground( Like Gliding). Using it as an edge gaurd tool is fairly dangerous, but chasing an enemy above the stage could be beneficial(Even though you could just jump). I personally think Pit will be great to edge gaurd with, since it's more important in this game to the auto Sweet Spot mechanics.

=D
Glad you understood that! Anyways thanks for that, it was a very informative answer :laugh:

Top Bottom